Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by JBF on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:01 pm

@Bloomers wrote:
@dee wrote:
@Love_Me wrote:
Confident men like JP, Ames, Ben F and Ryan


Again, I am puzzled why Ryan is cut before the HTD's.
I guess hence the, "I really regret sending him home. I miss him. I can't believe he came all the way to fiji to see me" from Ashley. Something's going to go down during Taiwan.

@Love_Me wrote:Maybe Ryan declares that he loves her and she doesn't feel the same. So even though it is hard she sends him home now rather then later. Then something she says make him feel confused and TPTB fly him to Fiji so he can get the closure he needs to move on.

Maybe she essentially does the same thing to Ryan ( the ... type thing) that Bentley did to her in that she didn't completely give him closure in some way so that he feels that he should come back?
The theme would fit in. Bentley did it to her, and she inadvertently does it to someone else.

That is my logic too... a variation of "dot dot dot", but maybe not as dramatic... and NO, not the same thing as the Bentley situation. Her intentions are not the same (just not feeling "it" and wanted to avoid stringing him along), just that Ryan gets mixed messages from her. You can imagine how Miss Everbody Is Going To Leave Me will get all flustered and happy when somebody returns a.k.a. Bentley, but with different and honorable intentions.

Ashley may get confused by his return a.k.a. Jillian/Reid scenario... THEN she tells Jordan about it. He opened a door with these statements: "I don’t want you to feel like you can’t tell me because you are afraid to or afraid I might judge or react in a way that’s, like… that will make you feel bad. I want you to tell me whatever is on your mind." Obviously, she will be putting him through the test here.

Something may go wrong at Fantasy Date time, which marks the return of the old Ashley insecurities ("I don’t like it when you say regardless of what happens... It’s like you’re gonna leave tomorrow"). Of course, he already told her he's there for the long haul, but he is easily upset at times and has his own insecurities ("She’s gotta know that I’m flustered and that I’m upset. It makes it a little more difficult for me knowing that she’s probably not in love with me.")... and this can be relating to either Ryan's return or stress over her possibly having a stronger connection with Ben. Maybe this is what Fleiss tweeted about on May 1st? Much depends on the "when" of Ryan's return... is it before the Fantasy Date or after? I have the feeling Jordan gets the middle date in Fiji. (Then again, the May 1st thing could relate to Constantine leaving abruptly or some variation of it... but the way they edit Constantine and by way of Reality Steve's speculation, there's little drama there.)

You will have to pardon my stream-of-consciousness here... thinking of all possibilities.

Jordan was just concerned she was OK dealing with Bentley. With the other finalist: "You know, when you came to pick up Ben for your date, like… that was the first time it stung a little bit and I know it’s gonna get harder. I mean, that’s just the nature of the beast… but I’m strong enough. I can handle it."

With Ryan, he's prepared to jump off the 61st floor if Ryan gets a rose! In the episode #4 PI, he feels they have nothing in common as "types". For his part, Ryan competitively stated "When JP is carrying her back and walking in front of all the guys, it’s making a real statement. There’s definitely jealousy floating around. It’s gonna get interesting, no doubt."

Ben seems to dislike Ryan more than JP does, but as he stated: "I’m bummed about Ashley’s decision. Granted maybe she hasn’t experienced the Ryan that we all know and can’t stand. It had nothing to do with me getting the rose, nothing to do with that. Had everything to do with her giving him the rose. Kind of let down."

Ryan though... is an ODD one. Can't place my finger on it.

Much as been made about Constantine and Ben’s “bromance”, but not much has been discussed of the peculiar way William in episodes #2 through #4 and Ryan after episode #5 (when he kicked out William’s luggage, ready to take over his “position”) are constantly “around” Jordan Paul. Ryan had his hands all over him when his name was included in the boxing date. (Then again, Ryan is a very touchy person with a bunch of people, but I've been noticing he's touching JP quite a bit lately.) Maybe all of this is strictly coincidence and nothing should be made of it… yet, it is still VERY strange.

When Ashley arrived at the pre-RC party, JP says “You look great” and Ryan looks at him and immediately steps in with a similar response. And… along with the umbrella act back in episode #4, this is not the only action of Ryan’s that repeats/mirrors something JP did. William used to repeat JP’s actions too (i.e. episode #2 taking the initiative in the pre-RC 1 on 1s but getting Nick mad).

No clue what to make of this, but after listening to Blake's very strange diary of the departed (which didn't quite match his comments about both JP and Ben being frontrunners), I'm getting the impression that everybody knew the Jordash connection except maybe Ames, who has not shared a group date and been exposed to it. With Ben and Constantine, both are aware of it early on, but might forget it as they spend more 1 on 1 time with her.

(BTW, I think The Story with Ben is that Ashley is getting him out of his "shell" and learning to "fall in love" again... sort of like Ali thought she was doing with Chris L. She will be very upset letting him go, but will also give the whole La De Da speech about how she helped him change for the better, getting over the loss of his dad, etc. Ben has more "story material" than Ryan does for future Bachelor status.)
avatar
JBF

Posts : 5015
Join date : 2011-05-29
Location : Jack Benny Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by sjcaligurl on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:00 am

@JBF wrote:
@Bloomers wrote:
@dee wrote:
@Love_Me wrote:
Confident men like JP, Ames, Ben F and Ryan


Again, I am puzzled why Ryan is cut before the HTD's.
I guess hence the, "I really regret sending him home. I miss him. I can't believe he came all the way to fiji to see me" from Ashley. Something's going to go down during Taiwan.

@Love_Me wrote:Maybe Ryan declares that he loves her and she doesn't feel the same. So even though it is hard she sends him home now rather then later. Then something she says make him feel confused and TPTB fly him to Fiji so he can get the closure he needs to move on.

Maybe she essentially does the same thing to Ryan ( the ... type thing) that Bentley did to her in that she didn't completely give him closure in some way so that he feels that he should come back?
The theme would fit in. Bentley did it to her, and she inadvertently does it to someone else.

That is my logic too... a variation of "dot dot dot", but maybe not as dramatic... and NO, not the same thing as the Bentley situation. Her intentions are not the same (just not feeling "it" and wanted to avoid stringing him along), just that Ryan gets mixed messages from her. You can imagine how Miss Everbody Is Going To Leave Me will get all flustered and happy when somebody returns a.k.a. Bentley, but with different and honorable intentions.

Ashley may get confused by his return a.k.a. Jillian/Reid scenario... THEN she tells Jordan about it. He opened a door with these statements: "I don’t want you to feel like you can’t tell me because you are afraid to or afraid I might judge or react in a way that’s, like… that will make you feel bad. I want you to tell me whatever is on your mind." Obviously, she will be putting him through the test here.

Something may go wrong at Fantasy Date time, which marks the return of the old Ashley insecurities ("I don’t like it when you say regardless of what happens... It’s like you’re gonna leave tomorrow"). Of course, he already told her he's there for the long haul, but he is easily upset at times and has his own insecurities ("She’s gotta know that I’m flustered and that I’m upset. It makes it a little more difficult for me knowing that she’s probably not in love with me.")... and this can be relating to either Ryan's return or stress over her possibly having a stronger connection with Ben. Maybe this is what Fleiss tweeted about on May 1st? Much depends on the "when" of Ryan's return... is it before the Fantasy Date or after? I have the feeling Jordan gets the middle date in Fiji. (Then again, the May 1st thing could relate to Constantine leaving abruptly or some variation of it... but the way they edit Constantine and by way of Reality Steve's speculation, there's little drama there.)

You will have to pardon my stream-of-consciousness here... thinking of all possibilities.

Jordan was just concerned she was OK dealing with Bentley. With the other finalist: "You know, when you came to pick up Ben for your date, like… that was the first time it stung a little bit and I know it’s gonna get harder. I mean, that’s just the nature of the beast… but I’m strong enough. I can handle it."

With Ryan, he's prepared to jump off the 61st floor if Ryan gets a rose! In the episode #4 PI, he feels they have nothing in common as "types". For his part, Ryan competitively stated "When JP is carrying her back and walking in front of all the guys, it’s making a real statement. There’s definitely jealousy floating around. It’s gonna get interesting, no doubt."

Ben seems to dislike Ryan more than JP does, but as he stated: "I’m bummed about Ashley’s decision. Granted maybe she hasn’t experienced the Ryan that we all know and can’t stand. It had nothing to do with me getting the rose, nothing to do with that. Had everything to do with her giving him the rose. Kind of let down."

Ryan though... is an ODD one. Can't place my finger on it.

Much as been made about Constantine and Ben’s “bromance”, but not much has been discussed of the peculiar way William in episodes #2 through #4 and Ryan after episode #5 (when he kicked out William’s luggage, ready to take over his “position”) are constantly “around” Jordan Paul. Ryan had his hands all over him when his name was included in the boxing date. (Then again, Ryan is a very touchy person with a bunch of people, but I've been noticing he's touching JP quite a bit lately.) Maybe all of this is strictly coincidence and nothing should be made of it… yet, it is still VERY strange.

When Ashley arrived at the pre-RC party, JP says “You look great” and Ryan looks at him and immediately steps in with a similar response. And… along with the umbrella act back in episode #4, this is not the only action of Ryan’s that repeats/mirrors something JP did. William used to repeat JP’s actions too (i.e. episode #2 taking the initiative in the pre-RC 1 on 1s but getting Nick mad).

No clue what to make of this, but after listening to Blake's very strange diary of the departed (which didn't quite match his comments about both JP and Ben being frontrunners), I'm getting the impression that everybody knew the Jordash connection except maybe Ames, who has not shared a group date and been exposed to it. With Ben and Constantine, both are aware of it early on, but might forget it as they spend more 1 on 1 time with her.

(BTW, I think The Story with Ben is that Ashley is getting him out of his "shell" and learning to "fall in love" again... sort of like Ali thought she was doing with Chris L. She will be very upset letting him go, but will also give the whole La De Da speech about how she helped him change for the better, getting over the loss of his dad, etc. Ben has more "story material" than Ryan does for future Bachelor status.)

I agree with a lot of this. William really liked and admired JP. I'm not sure how sincere he was in his vlog but he made some comment that he felt bad going on dates with Ashley because he knew how much JP liked her. He probably copied some of his moves the way you mimic a big brother.

Ryan, on the other hand, envies JP's connection with Ashley. Ashley was sitting in between JP and Ryan when she asked JP to take a walk. The glance/look on Ryan's face wasn't so hot. It wasn't so hot when he saw him carry her back. Later, when Ryan did that bizarre thing where he grabbed her away for a walk under the umbrella for "two minutes" then didn't appear to say anything important, I think she was sitting right beneath JP so, in essence, he dragged her away from him. I went back to look again because that move was just so random I figured he had to be trying to get her away from someone. Ryan didn't want to be upped by him and as his biggest perceived threat, he may have been sub-consciously mirroring him to show Ashley he could do anything JP could do.


sjcaligurl

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by JBF on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:44 am

@sjcaligurl wrote:
I agree with a lot of this. William really liked and admired JP. I'm not sure how sincere he was in his vlog but he made some comment that he felt bad going on dates with Ashley because he knew how much JP liked her. He probably copied some of his moves the way you mimic a big brother.

Ryan, on the other hand, envies JP's connection with Ashley. Ashley was sitting in between JP and Ryan when she asked JP to take a walk. The glance/look on Ryan's face wasn't so hot. It wasn't so hot when he saw him carry her back. Later, when Ryan did that bizarre thing where he grabbed her away for a walk under the umbrella for "two minutes" then didn't appear to say anything important, I think she was sitting right beneath JP so, in essence, he dragged her away from him. I went back to look again because that move was just so random I figured he had to be trying to get her away from someone. Ryan didn't want to be upped by him and as his biggest perceived threat, he may have been sub-consciously mirroring him to show Ashley he could do anything JP could do.


Like I said, this is all "stream of consciousness" for me... I am just tossing out ideas into the air and seeing which stick and which need re-questioned by everybody. Hey! Feel free to say... "I think you got it all wrong." (And yes... I'm going BEYOND just Chris Harrison blogs here, but he is partly responsible for me thinking the way I am about the "production" of this show.)

I see so much of Ryan Sutter in JP... all of the anxiety of dealing with this system. At some point, she may have to just tell him his standing, otherwise he may wind up doing the "wandering about" business. Perhaps he is the one who has to "storm" out the next episode, but the drama won't be exactly the way it is described. He may just seperate from the other dudes for a private cry session... not at all violent.

It is too obvious looking back that BOTH William and JP were frontrunners, while Bentley was the "wild card" who leaped ahead of them... at least partly because of William's roast putting her in that vulnerable state (thus creating this lingering story they still can't put to pasture). William probably switched roles from competitor to protective "guardian", so to speak... like Blake's peculiar role (battling Ryan so JP won't have to and trying to "save" her for JP). My impression of Ben is that he initially wanted her with JP as well, but since she's showing a LOT more interest in him now, he will gradually fall under the Reality TV Bubble of "thunking" he's in love.

Sometimes, however, I feel like I'm watching Jim Carrey in THE TRUMAN SHOW and some characters (like JP obviously) are the innocent ones and others are professional actors playing "roles". I am still sitting on the fence with Ryan, trying to determine how much of him is in-the-moment "passion" and how much is acting/edited-for-effect.
avatar
JBF

Posts : 5015
Join date : 2011-05-29
Location : Jack Benny Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by nd4reality on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:32 am

Chris Harrison has described the Physical connection JP with Ashley in his blog.
This gives me some concern.

Does anyone remember if he did the same for Ali / Rob. From what I can remember he did mention that there was this amazing connection but also linked Ali's season doubt into it i.e. will she be capable of believing that she could be loved (by him).

Anyone remember ?
avatar
nd4reality

Female Posts : 11643
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by sjcaligurl on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:12 pm

I only remember CH mentioning Ali's insecurities when it came to Roberto. I think Ashley is having the same issues when it comes to JP. Both couples are physical but it seems they have a 'type' they are used to in mind. AshleyS says that BenF is Ashley's phyical type. JP is not built like nor does he look like Ben. Frank had the quirkiness that Ali was used to but she was never used to a guy as handsome as Roberto being into her.

Right now, even though she feels strongly for JP, Ashley seems to be totally clueless regarding how much JP likes her and I'm wondering if she is just playing dumb or if she really isn't seeing it. She keeps questioning him and he always says "you KNOW" ... Yet, she seems to be the most concerned about his feelings and what he thinks of her. In the end, I think it's going to end up being the risk vs the safe. With Ali, it was supposed to be the familiar vs. the risk then Frank left so it became the friend vs the risk. With Ali, if it's between JP and Ben, it's still the sweet, safe guy vs. the risky guy she's not used to.

sjcaligurl

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

JP not her type? Her only serious relationship ~ her ex boyfriend looks like him. I think Ashley S. was doing damage control on that one, after she kept mentioning that JP was perfect for her BFF. jmo

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by sjcaligurl on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:50 pm

AshleyS said that BenF was her physical type and if you look at the other guys she liked, including Bentley, they were fairly big guys with large heads and broad shoulders. Petite women often like that because it makes them feel safe. I will say that seeing the pic of the guy who passed away, he does look more like JP than the others. In the end, I think she was looking for a feeling. Bentley, being insincerely kind and understanding, gave her that feeling. JP definitely gives her that feeling but she doesn't seem to trust it yet.

sjcaligurl

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by Alanna on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 pm

@sjcaligurl wrote:AshleyS said that BenF was her physical type and if you look at the other guys she liked, including Bentley, they were fairly big guys with large heads and broad shoulders. Petite women often like that because it makes them feel safe. I will say that seeing the pic of the guy who passed away, he does look more like JP than the others. In the end, I think she was looking for a feeling. Bentley, being insincerely kind and understanding, gave her that feeling. JP definitely gives her that feeling but she doesn't seem to trust it yet.

ITA. She wants to feel safe and "like a woman" with her guy and that translates to a physically large man but at the end of the day, it's just a feeling that she wants to get- sense of security. I think she feels pretty secure with JP all wrapped around her and loving her even if he's not as physically as tall and broad-shouldered as Bentley or even Ben.
avatar
Alanna

Posts : 15462
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by LibbyBell on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:01 pm

[quote="Alanna"]
@sjcaligurl wrote:AshleyS said that BenF was her physical type and if you look at the other guys she liked, including Bentley, they were fairly big guys with large heads and broad shoulders. Petite women often like that because it makes them feel safe. I will say that seeing the pic of the guy who passed away, he does look more like JP than the others. In the end, I think she was looking for a feeling. Bentley, being insincerely kind and understanding, gave her that feeling. JP definitely gives her that feeling but she doesn't seem to trust it yet.

Uh huh, just like on the trolley?!?! Just saying.... she looks pretty safe and secure! giggling
And, I think she liked it!
avatar
LibbyBell

Posts : 1476
Join date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by nd4reality on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 am

@Bloomers wrote:
@dee wrote:
@Love_Me wrote:
Confident men like JP, Ames, Ben F and Ryan


Again, I am puzzled why Ryan is cut before the HTD's.
I guess hence the, "I really regret sending him home. I miss him. I can't believe he came all the way to fiji to see me" from Ashley. Something's going to go down during Taiwan.

@Love_Me wrote:Maybe Ryan declares that he loves her and she doesn't feel the same. So even though it is hard she sends him home now rather then later. Then something she says make him feel confused and TPTB fly him to Fiji so he can get the closure he needs to move on.

Maybe she essentially does the same thing to Ryan ( the ... type thing) that Bentley did to her in that she didn't completely give him closure in some way so that he feels that he should come back?
The theme would fit in. Bentley did it to her, and she inadvertently does it to someone else.

Here's what I think will happen after reading the episode 7 description available. Ryan has a 1 on 1 date which in his mind, goes well. Maybe for Ashley, it does not. But she does not say anything to him. It looks like 2 guys are eliminated at the RC. Ryan and Lucas. So unlike what RS posted, Ryan is not let go on his 1 on 1 date. If that is the case, she obviously does not walk them out at the RC - they do that from F4 onwards right ?
Hence - Ryan is confused and does not get his closure. And can come back later (producers manipulation too) and get dumped (again). Cue a season of No Regrets for Ashley. She comes out smelling like a rose. This makes the most sense to me.
avatar
nd4reality

Female Posts : 11643
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by sjcaligurl on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:33 am

That's true. If she eliminates him at the RC, he's not going to know what hit him. The other guys will be doing a happy dance. LOL! I hope, though, she lets him go at the 1on1 instead of in front of the guys who can't stand him.

I know she's going to feel bad and all but she need not be happy that he comes to see her. What is she thinking? Maybe she just wants to apologize to him or explain a little better so she can feel better going into the LCDs and FRC

sjcaligurl

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by nd4reality on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 am

@sjcaligurl wrote:That's true. If she eliminates him at the RC, he's not going to know what hit him. The other guys will be doing a happy dance. LOL! I hope, though, she lets him go at the 1on1 instead of in front of the guys who can't stand him.

I know she's going to feel bad and all but she need not be happy that he comes to see her. What is she thinking? Maybe she just wants to apologize to him or explain a little better so she can feel better going into the LCDs and FRC

lol she looked pretty happy to see him (if that is him in the 1st place). And a little pensive thinking about the situation (on that sofa). And what the heck did she mean by saying she 'missed him'. She's pretty confused no doubt.

I too hope she lets him go on the 1 on1 though now I doubt it. She just does not come off as sensitive enough IMO. Look at the way she dumped Ben C. That was really harsh.
avatar
nd4reality

Female Posts : 11643
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 48

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Harrison's Blog - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum