SELECT CONTENT

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by mtnlvr55 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Tattina wrote:"livlafluv1 wrote:
Since Nick is in md with Chris watching the finale -wonder if he invested in Chris' restaurant also. Chris lost and won.

I thought the same thing so I would not be surprised if he was a silent partner also.
y
Sorry, he was a jerk tonight! It was a gutsy move but you don't have to be so obnoxious about it! Ugh!
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1415

Back to top Go down

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am

I agree, didn't like the way he went about it and the way he treated Rachel. He did compare himself to a snake, he knew just the right time to strike.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:39 am

This is from Chris Harrison's blog (on ew) and it perfectly says how I feel about the situation:

Bachelor Pad is a game. From the moment you arrive at Bachelor Pad the fact that you are playing for a quarter of a million dollars is always on your mind. Nobody, especially nobody in Rachel’s alliance, gave a damn about Nick. Not only did they not care about him, but they didn’t think he had a chance to make it to the finals. Nick was expendable and he was being used. Rachel, Michael, Jaclyn and Ed were only keeping Nick around until it was time to put him out of his misery and vote him off the show. As soon as he wasn’t useful anymore he was going to go… at least, that was the plan. Even while he was sitting on the stage, nobody in Rachel’s alliance felt he deserved the money or even to be up there. The only problem with that thought is whether you think somebody “deserves” it or not, he was there. I thought Kalon really put it in perspective when he told the other contestants that they didn’t really understand the true meaning of the word “deserve.”

I haven't seen the show yet (read RS's spoilers), but I've been saying since then...WTF are these people smoking when they say "deserve"? NONE of them deserve the money. Most people work for years and years to have that type of savings, and these contestants deserve it for answering a few trivia questions, holding cups, and hooking up? It's a luxury that none of them deserve.

Back to top Go down

Post by amyisrunning Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 am

chasingpavements wrote:This is from Chris Harrison's blog (on ew) and it perfectly says how I feel about the situation:

Bachelor Pad is a game. From the moment you arrive at Bachelor Pad the fact that you are playing for a quarter of a million dollars is always on your mind. Nobody, especially nobody in Rachel’s alliance, gave a damn about Nick. Not only did they not care about him, but they didn’t think he had a chance to make it to the finals. Nick was expendable and he was being used. Rachel, Michael, Jaclyn and Ed were only keeping Nick around until it was time to put him out of his misery and vote him off the show. As soon as he wasn’t useful anymore he was going to go… at least, that was the plan. Even while he was sitting on the stage, nobody in Rachel’s alliance felt he deserved the money or even to be up there. The only problem with that thought is whether you think somebody “deserves” it or not, he was there. I thought Kalon really put it in perspective when he told the other contestants that they didn’t really understand the true meaning of the word “deserve.”

I haven't seen the show yet (read RS's spoilers), but I've been saying since then...WTF are these people smoking when they say "deserve"? NONE of them deserve the money. Most people work for years and years to have that type of savings, and these contestants deserve it for answering a few trivia questions, holding cups, and hooking up? It's a luxury that none of them deserve.

Kalon said a similar thing after Nick revealed his vote, when Jaclyn was saying Rachel deserved it. He asked why he didn't, and said that none of them did, that they were all fortunate enough to play this game. I was surprised to agree so wholly with something Kalon said, but he hit that one right on the head. The sense of entitlement was amazing. Chris also pointed out that Nick won the game.

I really enjoyed it. Those that were hurt took no ownership for how they treated Nick as irrelevant, or unimportant. They got back what they gave, which was nothing, but somehow it was then unfair.

I also smirked a little at how there was a bit of a gender divide in response to Nick's choice - more of the men seemed to understand, and the women were hurt that he didn't consider his partner.

amyisrunning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Was reading Grantland during lunch break and surprisingly they have an article about Nick and the show.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/57347/in-praise-of-nick-bachelor-pads-sole-survivor

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:27 pm

New Interview with 'Bachelor Pad' Winner Nick Peterson

http://www.cominguprosesblog.com/2012/09/new-interview-with-bachelor-pad-winner-nick-peterson.html#more

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 2 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Nick’s Final Words

Final Words…

First off, whether you’re a fan of me now or not, thank you for watching the show! I’ve received a lot of support from both fans and cast members…both current and past. I appreciate all of it. As far as all the haters, well, maybe this will clear things up a bit. Let’s get to all the touchy subjects:

Let me start with this: Yes, I agreed to share the money with Rachel weeks prior to the filming of the finale. Yes, I really had every intention of sharing it…UNTIL…I watched the two final episodes in my hotel room the night before we filmed the finale. Leading up to episode 6 and 7, Rachel was a player in the game like anyone else. Although she just flew under the wing of Michael the whole season and did what he said, she was there and she did compete. She did NOT win any competitions either, other than the singing competition when I was her partner. So she wasn’t some big strong player in the game. She coasted through. We were forced to partner up after Michael’s departure and that’s where she made her biggest mistake. She had known him less than 10 days and was “falling in love with him” and she just couldn’t imagine going on in this competition without him. Really?? 10 days. Whatever.

I told her I was in it to the end with her. We could still win this thing together. Don’t leave. Her response was that the money isn’t worth it and she wanted to leave. Many times she said she didn’t care about the money. And again, she said it over and over later when she was all upset about not taking Jaclyn to the finale. I asked her to please stick around…I got here too. You can go see Michael in a week or so. Jaclyn and I both talked to her to get her to stick around. She blatantly told me that it wasn’t anything I said that was keeping her around, it was Jaclyn. Oh. Gee thanks. So that told me she wasn’t staying for our “partnership”…she was staying because of her friend. So at that point I had a partner…but a partner that didn’t give a crap about me.

So, sitting in my hotel room I have the opportunity to watch the final two episodes because we would need to be able to discuss them at the finale. At this point I’m planning on sharing tomorrow. Then, I see all these things that I never knew! I’m sitting there watching Rachel tell Jaclyn that she just doesn’t want to win it with me…she wants to win it with Michael. She phones Michael and tells him she doesn’t want to be my partner. She tells Jaclyn to just vote us out so she can go see him. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I hear her say she was “backed into this partnership.” They both state that they don’t believe I deserve to be there. Why?? Who are y’all to determine who deserves to be there?? Jaclyn lasts like 2 episodes on her season of Bachelor and she’s some big shot all of a sudden. Then in the final competition, Rachel states that if Michael were her partner she’d win for sure. Wow thanks! I’m your partner now…not Michael. After watching all this, my decision was an absolute no brainer. I hear people telling me, “Karma is a bitch!” Well what about Rachel’s actions?? Quit focusing on mine and think about all that crap.

Throughout the game everyone lied, cheated, backstabbed, and voted their own friends off. And that was OK because it was “playing the game.” What makes my move any different than theirs throughout the game?? It wasn’t! It was a game and I made my move last…not during the season! It was a last minute decision based on all the crap talk I heard about me. You’re delusional if you’d want to hand 125,000 dollars to someone who just said they didn’t want to be your partner.

“I don’t want to be your partner. I want to be Michael’s.”

“Oh ok let me split this $250,000 with you.”

Feel me?

I’d like to say that when I came home from filming the main part of the season up until the finale, I spoke nothing but good things about everyone. I even defended Jaclyn and said she was actually really nice and funny…of course I hadn’t seen the things she was saying behind my back yet. I still have not stooped to trash anyone or name call…even after Rachel did to me. And after the finale, Rachel and Jaclyn really hit twitter with childish remarks…”lets start an unfollow @peetystraining movement!” Wooo awesome guys!

I never took any kind of serious emotions outside of the show. I never even had them in the show to start with…and that was my best move. I still like everybody and don’t hate any of them. A few thoughts on the contestants:

Rachel

I hear rumors of people wanting her to be the Bachelorette. I hope she gets it and wish her the absolute best in anything else she does. She’s a beautiful girl. I had zero intentions of hurting her…I just played the GAME and felt like I didn’t owe anybody anything.

Michael

As far as Michael calling me out, he had no room to do so. He just looked like a bad guy after they had it out on stage and needed to smooth things over so he came to her defense.

Jaclyn and Ed

Jaclyn and Ed had ZERO room to say anything. They could have taken the final competition seriously and won it. Had they won the competition, they would have won the whole show and the money. They would have had their pick of couples to take to the finale and would have won either way. But they didn’t take it seriously. Everybody saw their performance. Jaclyn disliked me from day 1 for no reason and I thought Ed and I got along fine…but apparently I was just “an anonymous guy in the house” to him.

Everyone Else

Just about everyone approached me and said they were glad I did what I did. They lived in the house and understood…they said they would have done the same, or at least wanted to. I think I did what many people wanted to do, but wouldn’t have the cajones to pull off. Of course they said it with a whisper and probably wouldn’t admit to it publicly…but I know it’s true.

And as far as after I pulled the Keep card, I was not gloating. Who’s not excited about winning a bunch of money? I was the underdog…and it felt good to win being the guy that nobody ever expected to see win. And to stick it those who thought they had it in the bag and thought I didn’t deserve to be there for some reason.

I came into this game and clearly stated what I was here for: the money. I kept my focus. I stayed out of the petty drama throughout the season because I knew it would hurt my chances of winning. I didn’t whore myself out. I didn’t get belligerently drunk. I played the game straight up and fair. Planned on winning and sharing until I saw what everyone really thought about me, and decided to keep it all. No foul there.

Boom.

Sincerely,

Nick Peterson

“The Schmuck with $250,000”

http://thebachelor.warnerbros.com/news/nicks-final-words/

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 2 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Loved Nick yes

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Still think he acted like a schmuck. He obviously sees it the way he sees it. The rest of the cast have their own issues too. Glad it's over. Time for Revenge to start, the show of course...
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 pm

I can see his position.

Hard to say if I agree with it not having known the people involved personally.

I'm not a fan of sticking "it" to people out of revenge; I feel like you hurt yourself most in the long run. But there are the rare times it is the only thing to do.

If this was one of those, I don't know. I have a hard time getting there. But, then, I wasn't in that house.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 pm

livlafluv1 wrote:Still think he acted like a schmuck. He obviously sees it the way he sees it. The rest of the cast have their own issues too. Glad it's over. Time for Revenge to start, the show of course...

Lol, how appropriate. Had not thought about that connection.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 pm

He's such a tool. I'm glad he can justify it for himself but I'm not buying it.

ETA: Rachel did win a challenge with her partner. That's why she had a date where she brought Michael, Tony, & Nick.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15241

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

+17
LoveDovez
philphan
prettyinpink
JBF
ironcat