Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:26 pm

@dw_a_mom wrote:I can see his position.

Hard to say if I agree with it not having known the people involved personally.

I'm not a fan of sticking "it" to people out of revenge; I feel like you hurt yourself most in the long run. But there are the rare times it is the only thing to do.

If this was one of those, I don't know. I have a hard time getting there. But, then, I wasn't in that house.

My response is not directed specifically to your post - just a few thoughts that may be irrelevent to readers, nothing more. I don't see the final as being revengeful.

Production allowed the couples to see the final episodes the day before the finale. They were, however, separated and unable to speak to each other until they got on stage. Do you notice the fingerprints of manipulation? Yes, Nick had a conversation with Rachel to share the money, before he learned the rest of what she was really feeling and saying behind his back. That does change "the game". Who was really being deceitful?

How can you explain the significance of saying that you will stand by Nick to the end, but then ask your best friend to vote them off so Rachel could go find Michael? Doesn't that make Rachel 'uncommitted' and Nick reactionary so he can win the game? Where could he have found the confidence that she would even 'share' the money, when she was still, dismissing him on stage?

Three more points:

1) His criticism of Rachel's lack of "play" in the game is unjust. Standing in the shadows of a strong player (Michael) could be considered as much of a strategy in playing the game as his decision to stay out our the fray. The rest of his points were true - and it is hard to debate facts.

2) Rachel has/had no defense for her words. On tape, we were given evidence that she really did ask to be voted off, she really did disregard her partner, she really did say that money wasn't important, and she really did resist the logical game play to take the only couple into the finals that they would win against. The only responses I have heard from her and toward Nick was that he went back on his word. Did he? Who did he agree to share the money with? The woman who was suppose to be his partner? Or the woman who didn't want to be his partner? And which woman was the one that he saw when he watched those final episodes?

There was nothing Nick could do to change the fact that he was not Michael, which was the only thing that fueled Rachel's emotions with him and toward the rest of the game. After Michael, I did not see her 'play the game' - a decision that she made that cost her $125,000.

3) Chris H.'s blog slows the momentum of the 'Rachel is a victim' parade. He validates that Nick really was treated as insignificant by most everyone in the group. Combined (Rachel's emotions and being dismissed by everyone in the house), is it really any wonder why the man felt as if he was playing the game alone, without anyone to help him get the win?

No, I don't feel as if the choice was revenge. Nick just stood up to receive the prize - a prize that was pretty much given to him by everyone in the house.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by revo74 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 am

Avg-Joe wrote:
@dw_a_mom wrote:I can see his position.

Hard to say if I agree with it not having known the people involved personally.

I'm not a fan of sticking "it" to people out of revenge; I feel like you hurt yourself most in the long run. But there are the rare times it is the only thing to do.

If this was one of those, I don't know. I have a hard time getting there. But, then, I wasn't in that house.

My response is not directed specifically to your post - just a few thoughts that may be irrelevent to readers, nothing more. I don't see the final as being revengeful.

Production allowed the couples to see the final episodes the day before the finale. They were, however, separated and unable to speak to each other until they got on stage. Do you notice the fingerprints of manipulation? Yes, Nick had a conversation with Rachel to share the money, before he learned the rest of what she was really feeling and saying behind his back. That does change "the game". Who was really being deceitful?

How can you explain the significance of saying that you will stand by Nick to the end, but then ask your best friend to vote them off so Rachel could go find Michael? Doesn't that make Rachel 'uncommitted' and Nick reactionary so he can win the game? Where could he have found the confidence that she would even 'share' the money, when she was still, dismissing him on stage?

Three more points:

1) His criticism of Rachel's lack of "play" in the game is unjust. Standing in the shadows of a strong player (Michael) could be considered as much of a strategy in playing the game as his decision to stay out our the fray. The rest of his points were true - and it is hard to debate facts.

2) Rachel has/had no defense for her words. On tape, we were given evidence that she really did ask to be voted off, she really did disregard her partner, she really did say that money wasn't important, and she really did resist the logical game play to take the only couple into the finals that they would win against. The only responses I have heard from her and toward Nick was that he went back on his word. Did he? Who did he agree to share the money with? The woman who was suppose to be his partner? Or the woman who didn't want to be his partner? And which woman was the one that he saw when he watched those final episodes?

There was nothing Nick could do to change the fact that he was not Michael, which was the only thing that fueled Rachel's emotions with him and toward the rest of the game. After Michael, I did not see her 'play the game' - a decision that she made that cost her $125,000.

3) Chris H.'s blog slows the momentum of the 'Rachel is a victim' parade. He validates that Nick really was treated as insignificant by most everyone in the group. Combined (Rachel's emotions and being dismissed by everyone in the house), is it really any wonder why the man felt as if he was playing the game alone, without anyone to help him get the win?

No, I don't feel as if the choice was revenge. Nick just stood up to receive the prize - a prize that was pretty much given to him by everyone in the house.


I agree with everything you said except for point 1).

Rachel as a player was extremely poor and she shouldn't have even made it to the final two. I highly doubt Rachel partnered up with Michael because of strategic reasons. She had a crush on him and wanted to hook up with him. Now, why she was an extremely poor player. She was the ultimate follower. She listed to everything Michael told her and rode his coattails into the final 8. When he got eliminated she listened to him, Jaclyn and Ed to stay. Then she listened to her partner, Nick, and eliminated Jaclyn and Ed. She never lead once, just followed, followed, followed. She never had a strategy or plan of any kind on her own. She was not a good player. She was just a good looking chic who hooked up with a strong player and then had enough friends to carry her into the finals. She deserved nor earned nothing.


revo74

Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by revo74 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:09 am

@albean99 wrote:He's such a tool. I'm glad he can justify it for himself but I'm not buying it.

ETA: Rachel did win a challenge with her partner. That's why she had a date where she brought Michael, Tony, & Nick.

You're not reasoning well, but instead letting your emotions get the best of you. Do you have a right to be upset the way Nick acted toward Rachel after he won? Sure, but that's it.

revo74

Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:36 am

@revo74 wrote:
Avg-Joe wrote:
@dw_a_mom wrote:I can see his position.

Hard to say if I agree with it not having known the people involved personally.

I'm not a fan of sticking "it" to people out of revenge; I feel like you hurt yourself most in the long run. But there are the rare times it is the only thing to do.

If this was one of those, I don't know. I have a hard time getting there. But, then, I wasn't in that house.

My response is not directed specifically to your post - just a few thoughts that may be irrelevent to readers, nothing more. I don't see the final as being revengeful.

Production allowed the couples to see the final episodes the day before the finale. They were, however, separated and unable to speak to each other until they got on stage. Do you notice the fingerprints of manipulation? Yes, Nick had a conversation with Rachel to share the money, before he learned the rest of what she was really feeling and saying behind his back. That does change "the game". Who was really being deceitful?

How can you explain the significance of saying that you will stand by Nick to the end, but then ask your best friend to vote them off so Rachel could go find Michael? Doesn't that make Rachel 'uncommitted' and Nick reactionary so he can win the game? Where could he have found the confidence that she would even 'share' the money, when she was still, dismissing him on stage?

Three more points:

1) His criticism of Rachel's lack of "play" in the game is unjust. Standing in the shadows of a strong player (Michael) could be considered as much of a strategy in playing the game as his decision to stay out our the fray. The rest of his points were true - and it is hard to debate facts.

2) Rachel has/had no defense for her words. On tape, we were given evidence that she really did ask to be voted off, she really did disregard her partner, she really did say that money wasn't important, and she really did resist the logical game play to take the only couple into the finals that they would win against. The only responses I have heard from her and toward Nick was that he went back on his word. Did he? Who did he agree to share the money with? The woman who was suppose to be his partner? Or the woman who didn't want to be his partner? And which woman was the one that he saw when he watched those final episodes?

There was nothing Nick could do to change the fact that he was not Michael, which was the only thing that fueled Rachel's emotions with him and toward the rest of the game. After Michael, I did not see her 'play the game' - a decision that she made that cost her $125,000.

3) Chris H.'s blog slows the momentum of the 'Rachel is a victim' parade. He validates that Nick really was treated as insignificant by most everyone in the group. Combined (Rachel's emotions and being dismissed by everyone in the house), is it really any wonder why the man felt as if he was playing the game alone, without anyone to help him get the win?

No, I don't feel as if the choice was revenge. Nick just stood up to receive the prize - a prize that was pretty much given to him by everyone in the house.


I agree with everything you said except for point 1).

Rachel as a player was extremely poor and she shouldn't have even made it to the final two. I highly doubt Rachel partnered up with Michael because of strategic reasons. She had a crush on him and wanted to hook up with him. Now, why she was an extremely poor player. She was the ultimate follower. She listed to everything Michael told her and rode his coattails into the final 8. When he got eliminated she listened to him, Jaclyn and Ed to stay. Then she listened to her partner, Nick, and eliminated Jaclyn and Ed. She never lead once, just followed, followed, followed. She never had a strategy or plan of any kind on her own. She was not a good player. She was just a good looking chic who hooked up with a strong player and then had enough friends to carry her into the finals. She deserved nor earned nothing.


I understand your point. I didn't say she was a good player. I didn't say it was a shining example of strategy. I just said that some could consider riding coat tails as being as much of a strategy as any other. Nick's argument is 'weakened' by criticism toward her. He expressed sufficient facts and truths to support why he made his choice; and she offered no defense for the things she said and did to undermine his ability to trust her.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:48 am

@revo74 wrote:
@albean99 wrote:He's such a tool. I'm glad he can justify it for himself but I'm not buying it.

ETA: Rachel did win a challenge with her partner. That's why she had a date where she brought Michael, Tony, & Nick.

You're not reasoning well, but instead letting your emotions get the best of you. Do you have a right to be upset the way Nick acted toward Rachel after he won? Sure, but that's it.

Your point is valid. I is sufficient to be happy that he won and lay out the facts and truths that lead him to make the choice that he did. He didn't have to gloat. Viewers know that her argument that SHE got him to the finale isn't substantiated by her actions. Nick got to the finale because he avoided the drama sufficiently enough that everyone was focused on voting other people off, not him.

Dismissing or disregarding someone is just not the definition of partnership. Little wonder he felt as if he was on his own.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 am

I still think that Nick made a fair decision choosing keep, only because the whole game relies on players constantly manipulating and lying. Michael did it, Rachel did it, Jaclyn did it, and, honestly, anyone that made it to the end did it.

What I DON'T respect is Nick treating Rachel like sh*t since the ending. Rachel has said that she has reached out to him numerous times, and he has ignored her. He is saying that he wants things to quiet down...it's just an excuse. He lied to her and betrayed her trust, and isn't willing to be a man about it. Gloating about it after he won - again, tacky. Yes, I get that you are glad about being $250,000 richer, but there is a girl sitting next to you who is crying. The fact that he showed ZERO compassion for her (and has even said I didn't feel bad for her) just shows me that he's not a good guy.

And, honestly, I don't blame Rachel (or Ed/Jaclyn) for saying the things that they did about Nick. I forgot who, but one of the contestants said that Nick literally ended up last (or second and third to last) in all of the competitions. He made absolutely no attempt to form or join an alliance. He got stuck with the person everyone hated and who was also a horrible player in competitions. He needs to own the fact that "staying out of drama" was not a strategy - he just wasn't popular enough to be involved. He got by, because people were too busy trying to get the superfans out. If they hadn't, I guarantee you that Nick, Erica, and Ryan would have been the first to leave, since they a)had no alliance and b)sucked at games.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by albean99 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 am

@revo74 wrote:
@albean99 wrote:He's such a tool. I'm glad he can justify it for himself but I'm not buying it.

ETA: Rachel did win a challenge with her partner. That's why she had a date where she brought Michael, Tony, & Nick.

You're not reasoning well, but instead letting your emotions get the best of you. Do you have a right to be upset the way Nick acted toward Rachel after he won? Sure, but that's it.

I've been reasoning all along but don't have to explain it in each post and really it's my opinion anyway so not sure why the criticism. We all have the right to an opinion last time I checked.

Re: A couple of points made by Avg-Joe & others. CH's blog shouldn't be used as evidence imo because he's a producer and therefore wants to defuse the situation/justify the ending and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. Also Rachel may not have been the most strategic player but she did more than just glide though the game. She had an alliance and made friends (unlike Nick who was more about exercising) both of which got them to the finals and ultimately to the f2. She even brought Nick on a date along the way. He didn't want her for a partner any more than she did him yet she was still willing to share the money. In fact the only way he knew he'd be able to get the money to himself was to make her believe he'd share with her. He'd never had chosen keep unless he was sure she'd pick share because otherwise neither of them would have gotten the money.

I don't believe Nick should have kept the money but even if he had been more of a gracious winner it wouldn't have been so bad. How he acted at that time to justify doing what he did and towards Rachel speaks to his total lack of empathy bordering on mean. He appears to have a bruised ego and bitter that the "in crowd" didn't like him yet didn't mind using them to get the win. It's not so much I'm overly sympathetic with Rachel as I am disgusted with Nick. She'll be fine and move on to better things.


"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
avatar
albean99
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 12113
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by ironcat on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Just want to point out that it's a fallacy to assume that the only reason Nick picked Keep is because he knew Rachel would pick Share; if Rachel had picked Keep, he wouldn't have won ANY money regardless of what he picked. The only way that you win money in this game is to make sure your partner picks Share, otherwise you win nothing, so deciding what your vote will be is really a secondary concern. The only strategy that anybody who gets to the finals should have is doing whatever they can to insure that their partner picks Share; this Nick did successfully, while Rachel didn't.

ironcat

Posts : 4936
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Ocrazy on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:40 pm

@momoftrips wrote:
Nick’s Final Words

Final Words…

First off, whether you’re a fan of me now or not, thank you for watching the show! I’ve received a lot of support from both fans and cast members…both current and past. I appreciate all of it. As far as all the haters, well, maybe this will clear things up a bit. Let’s get to all the touchy subjects:

Let me start with this: Yes, I agreed to share the money with Rachel weeks prior to the filming of the finale. Yes, I really had every intention of sharing it…UNTIL…I watched the two final episodes in my hotel room the night before we filmed the finale. Leading up to episode 6 and 7, Rachel was a player in the game like anyone else. Although she just flew under the wing of Michael the whole season and did what he said, she was there and she did compete. She did NOT win any competitions either, other than the singing competition when I was her partner. So she wasn’t some big strong player in the game. She coasted through. We were forced to partner up after Michael’s departure and that’s where she made her biggest mistake. She had known him less than 10 days and was “falling in love with him” and she just couldn’t imagine going on in this competition without him. Really?? 10 days. Whatever.

I told her I was in it to the end with her. We could still win this thing together. Don’t leave. Her response was that the money isn’t worth it and she wanted to leave. Many times she said she didn’t care about the money. And again, she said it over and over later when she was all upset about not taking Jaclyn to the finale. I asked her to please stick around…I got here too. You can go see Michael in a week or so. Jaclyn and I both talked to her to get her to stick around. She blatantly told me that it wasn’t anything I said that was keeping her around, it was Jaclyn. Oh. Gee thanks. So that told me she wasn’t staying for our “partnership”…she was staying because of her friend. So at that point I had a partner…but a partner that didn’t give a crap about me.

So, sitting in my hotel room I have the opportunity to watch the final two episodes because we would need to be able to discuss them at the finale. At this point I’m planning on sharing tomorrow. Then, I see all these things that I never knew! I’m sitting there watching Rachel tell Jaclyn that she just doesn’t want to win it with me…she wants to win it with Michael. She phones Michael and tells him she doesn’t want to be my partner. She tells Jaclyn to just vote us out so she can go see him. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I hear her say she was “backed into this partnership.” They both state that they don’t believe I deserve to be there. Why?? Who are y’all to determine who deserves to be there?? Jaclyn lasts like 2 episodes on her season of Bachelor and she’s some big shot all of a sudden. Then in the final competition, Rachel states that if Michael were her partner she’d win for sure. Wow thanks! I’m your partner now…not Michael. After watching all this, my decision was an absolute no brainer. I hear people telling me, “Karma is a bitch!” Well what about Rachel’s actions?? Quit focusing on mine and think about all that crap.

Throughout the game everyone lied, cheated, backstabbed, and voted their own friends off. And that was OK because it was “playing the game.” What makes my move any different than theirs throughout the game?? It wasn’t! It was a game and I made my move last…not during the season! It was a last minute decision based on all the crap talk I heard about me. You’re delusional if you’d want to hand 125,000 dollars to someone who just said they didn’t want to be your partner.

“I don’t want to be your partner. I want to be Michael’s.”

“Oh ok let me split this $250,000 with you.”

Feel me?

I’d like to say that when I came home from filming the main part of the season up until the finale, I spoke nothing but good things about everyone. I even defended Jaclyn and said she was actually really nice and funny…of course I hadn’t seen the things she was saying behind my back yet. I still have not stooped to trash anyone or name call…even after Rachel did to me. And after the finale, Rachel and Jaclyn really hit twitter with childish remarks…”lets start an unfollow @peetystraining movement!” Wooo awesome guys!

I never took any kind of serious emotions outside of the show. I never even had them in the show to start with…and that was my best move. I still like everybody and don’t hate any of them. A few thoughts on the contestants:

Rachel

I hear rumors of people wanting her to be the Bachelorette. I hope she gets it and wish her the absolute best in anything else she does. She’s a beautiful girl. I had zero intentions of hurting her…I just played the GAME and felt like I didn’t owe anybody anything.

Michael

As far as Michael calling me out, he had no room to do so. He just looked like a bad guy after they had it out on stage and needed to smooth things over so he came to her defense.

Jaclyn and Ed

Jaclyn and Ed had ZERO room to say anything. They could have taken the final competition seriously and won it. Had they won the competition, they would have won the whole show and the money. They would have had their pick of couples to take to the finale and would have won either way. But they didn’t take it seriously. Everybody saw their performance. Jaclyn disliked me from day 1 for no reason and I thought Ed and I got along fine…but apparently I was just “an anonymous guy in the house” to him.

Everyone Else

Just about everyone approached me and said they were glad I did what I did. They lived in the house and understood…they said they would have done the same, or at least wanted to. I think I did what many people wanted to do, but wouldn’t have the cajones to pull off. Of course they said it with a whisper and probably wouldn’t admit to it publicly…but I know it’s true.

And as far as after I pulled the Keep card, I was not gloating. Who’s not excited about winning a bunch of money? I was the underdog…and it felt good to win being the guy that nobody ever expected to see win. And to stick it those who thought they had it in the bag and thought I didn’t deserve to be there for some reason.

I came into this game and clearly stated what I was here for: the money. I kept my focus. I stayed out of the petty drama throughout the season because I knew it would hurt my chances of winning. I didn’t whore myself out. I didn’t get belligerently drunk. I played the game straight up and fair. Planned on winning and sharing until I saw what everyone really thought about me, and decided to keep it all. No foul there.

Boom.

Sincerely,

Nick Peterson

“The Schmuck with $250,000”

http://thebachelor.warnerbros.com/news/nicks-final-words/

High clap Wow!! Very strong final words!! Makes me understand his decision more and more. If I was in his position and was treated like this, I would have done the same thing!! :yes:
avatar
Ocrazy

Female Posts : 276
Join date : 2012-05-22
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by revo74 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:49 am

@albean99 wrote:
@revo74 wrote:
@albean99 wrote:He's such a tool. I'm glad he can justify it for himself but I'm not buying it.

ETA: Rachel did win a challenge with her partner. That's why she had a date where she brought Michael, Tony, & Nick.

You're not reasoning well, but instead letting your emotions get the best of you. Do you have a right to be upset the way Nick acted toward Rachel after he won? Sure, but that's it.

I've been reasoning all along but don't have to explain it in each post and really it's my opinion anyway so not sure why the criticism. We all have the right to an opinion last time I checked.

Re: A couple of points made by Avg-Joe & others. CH's blog shouldn't be used as evidence imo because he's a producer and therefore wants to defuse the situation/justify the ending and as such should be taken with a grain of salt. Also Rachel may not have been the most strategic player but she did more than just glide though the game. She had an alliance and made friends (unlike Nick who was more about exercising) both of which got them to the finals and ultimately to the f2. She even brought Nick on a date along the way. He didn't want her for a partner any more than she did him yet she was still willing to share the money. In fact the only way he knew he'd be able to get the money to himself was to make her believe he'd share with her. He'd never had chosen keep unless he was sure she'd pick share because otherwise neither of them would have gotten the money.

I don't believe Nick should have kept the money but even if he had been more of a gracious winner it wouldn't have been so bad. How he acted at that time to justify doing what he did and towards Rachel speaks to his total lack of empathy bordering on mean. He appears to have a bruised ego and bitter that the "in crowd" didn't like him yet didn't mind using them to get the win. It's not so much I'm overly sympathetic with Rachel as I am disgusted with Nick. She'll be fine and move on to better things.

I nor anyone else is trying to suppress your opinion. All I am doing is arguing why I think your opinions are wrong.

It is my belief that the pro-Rachel crowd is all to quick to excuse her of all her wrong doings and sweep them under the rug simply because you pity her for Michael breaking her heart and the way Nick carried himself after he won. These are bad reasons to deny Nick's justification for choosing "keep". First, it's not Nick's responsibility to compensate Rachel for what happened to her by Michael. Second, Nicks behavior after he won had nothing to do with his decision making process that lead him to select "keep". It was after the fact and therefore irrelevant. If you want to be mad at him, fine, I don' think he handled himself well either, but it's not a relevant to his decision since it took place afterwards.

Now, let's talk facts.

Rachel came on the show with here best friend Jaclyn so right from the start she had an advantage over Nick who came alone.
Rachel and Jaclyn were more popular than Nick, which is another advantage. Ed was even on record saying that he thought Nick was a fan.

Rachel hooked up with Michael early on, not for strategic reasons (unless you want to argue that case), but simply because she was attracted to him. From that point on all she did was listen/obe what Michael and others around her had to say. Her relationship with Michael (riding his coattails) got her halfway through the game (to the final 10). Then she was forced into a partnership with Nick. She attempted to leave Nick 3 times and have them voted off (this alone is unacceptable behavior that gave Nick justification to keep the money). She never cared about Nick, his feelings or opportunity to win. She made insulting and hurtful comments towards him such as: "I didn't decide to stay because of what you (Nick) said, but what Jaclyn said" and "If Michael were here we would definitely win this competition". Michael, Ed and Jaclyn had to constantly beg her to stay. And get this, she actually said that she didn't care about the money!

So in the beginning all she did was listen/follow people around her, specifically Michael. Then after she partnered with Nick all she did is continue to listen to Michael (over the phone), Jaclyn and Ed to stay. Then she listened to Nick and back-stabbed her best friend Jaclyn and friend Ed! (how you people sweep this under the rug is beyond me, at this point EVERYONE should be rooting against Rachel). Purely as a player, she was horrible. She only listened and followed the wishes of others. She never once lead, had a strategy or plan of her own. She was the ultimately follower! In a game where lies and deception are an integral component, it's amazing she made it as far as she did. It was entirely due to Michael, her friends and alliance carrying there. Once she was on her own, without having them to support her, she collapsed and was defeated.

As a player and as a partner (to Nick) she was horrible. All she deserves credit for is her performance in the final competition, but that alone is not enough to cancel out her poor game playing and actions made toward Nick. They really won that competition out of default. Jaclyn and Ed were an utter disaster and Sarah and Chris were pretty terrible themselves. All she had to do is stand on stage and sing and look sexy without making a fool out of herself, which is basically all she did.

Someone on these forums mentioned that Nick was willing to sacrifice his winnings in order to make sure Rachel won nothing. By choosing "keep" Rachel had to chance of winning anything no matter what she did. If that's true or not I don't know. I'm not sure if I am buying it, but it may very well be true.

Rachel's poor game play and bad attitude and actions toward Nick caught up with her in the end.

revo74

Posts : 35
Join date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by livlafluv1 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 am

Opinions are opinions, neither right nor wrong. In my opinion, the producers had a heavy hand in how it played out, both in the PIs they chose to include and in the clips they chose to include in the finale. No one comes out looking great. Were all the players shown the episodes not yet aired before the finale taped, or just Nick?

In any case, it doesn't really matter. Perhaps we will be treated to a Bpad 4 with another return of Erica Rose and Nick, the winner, too.
avatar
livlafluv1

Posts : 654
Join date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by JBF on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Oooooohhhh... I WAS going to stay out of all of this, but... I guess I can't hold out no-mo'. I'll sport on my little helmet and shield just for the moment... and pack as much as I can into one posting.

Ideally, I would liked to have seen Nick "share"... and apparently that was his plan before watching episodes #6 and #7 back to back the day before the finale (I guess). Some of the interview information gets jumbled up and it is hard to determine exactly how this panned out... was he still conflicted with his decision going into the show? He may have been right up until Rachel carried on with Mike, again spelling out in so many words that she would have preferred him as her partner over Nick... and ignoring Nick sitting there and listening. Add to this Jaclyn "helping" him make his decision by saying he doesn't deserve to be there as much as Rachel and Rachel not exactly disagreeing with her.

Re-watched episodes #6 & #7 and here is a sampling of what Nick was hearing and seeing...

Right after they become partners, Jaclyn repeats something that Rachel told her (but we don't HEAR Rachel say this, so we don't know if Jaclyn is fibbing): Rachel doesn’t want to be playing this game without Michael and does NOT want to partner with Nick since he is not part of her original alliance.

Rachel directly to Nick’s face (no edits involved): It’s not worth the money

Rachel: My new partnership with Nick is, like, a freakin’ disaster.

Rachel to Mike on phone (no edits… we see her mouth move... and she verifies what she does in PI): It’s tough, y’know. I just wanted to be with you at the end and not Nick.

Jaclyn voice-over: As much I would like Rachel to stay, I do not think Nick deserves to be here.

I must have missed this, but Rachel claims to Nick's face that had Mike been singing on stage, they would win for sure. They cut that from the screen I think. Now... Maybe all Rachel was referring to here was that Mike is a talented singer and dancer and this was NOT a "dig" at Nick. However, count how many times Rachel has brought up the M-name in front of Nick and you can guess he was losing his cool with her by this stage.

Rachel: I could care less that I am close to that money. Money doesn’t mean anything to me right now. Money is ugly. It is just not worth losing friendships over. It is not worth feeling like this.

... and a sampling of what Rachel SHOULD have been paying attention to episodes #6 & #7...

Nick to Rachel (love his pronoun usage): I do not want to give up. We cannot give up.

He also says as she keeps saying she doesn’t want to be here that she will see Michael soon. “He would want you to be here.”

Rachel before rose ceremony: I need to be open and honest with Nick because he IS my partner.
She then calls Mike behind Nick's back, but fails to notice that Nick knew about it: "I can’t believe this. She is talking to Michael!"

Nick PI: I am not here for love. I’m not here to makes friends. I am here for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.

Nick: ONE of us is going to win two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.

Sarah: I feel bad for Nick because he knows… her mind is not the game.

Nick: She thinks she’s the only part of this partnership and I am just tagging along… that is not the case.

Nick to Rachel: What are you here for? You’re here for money, right? So am I. Friendships will be there. I promise. But if you want the money, we take Chris and Sarah. We gotta do it.

Rachel reacting the above move later: I feel like I made the wrong decision. It was not my decision.
(In other words, she holds Nick 100% responsible for allowing Chris / Sarah into the top two. Had Ed / Jaclyn been in the finals instead and she and Nick lost to them, RACHEL would be responsible for losing... not Nick.)

At the finale...

Chris Harrison talking to Rachel over a shot of Nick “You were ready to leave for him”. (i.e. Mike Stagliano)
Rachel responds (over repeating shots of Nick): “There were so many times I wanted to leave for him. You know. The money didn’t matter. I just didn’t care about that any more. At this point I had found something so much better and every day after that was a struggle. They all (pointing to audience) saw that… or he saw (pointing at Nick) what a struggle it was to keep me there.”
(Key question: Did Nick only "saw" and did nothing to keep her in the game?)

Rachel discussing Mike to Chris Harrison: “I thought I would be sitting up here maybe in Tony and Blake’s position”

Camera pans on Nick when she says (regarding Mike again): “there is no future any more”

When Nick says to Chris Harrison “I felt like she was ‘stuck’ with me”, Rachel doesn’t bother looking at him. Apparently she agrees with what he is saying and is clearly not concerned if there are any feelings attached to it.

Jaclyn asks Rachel why Nick “who landed in this position out of luck ended up with the final decision of you guys would take to the final two”.
Rachel responds it was the “lowest time of her life” making that decision.
She later, after Nick explains why they took Chris and Sarah instead of Jaclyn and Ed, says “When Michael did go home, I had the two of them and I went to them for everything”… (i.e. not to Nick her partner)… “Jaclyn kept me in the game and I honestly do not know what I would have done without you”. (She is looking at Jaclyn, not Nick... who is unimportant to her right now.)

While in the deliberation room, Jaclyn suggested that Rachel keep the money because, again, she deserves it more than Nick. Good friend Jaclyn stated the same before in episode #7... so Rachel and Nick both KNEW her opinion... AND there is no way Nick would be 100% certain that, after Rachel saying she always follows Jaclyn's instruction, that she would chose "share".

Rachel also gets some warnings in the Blakeley-Chris conversation before deliberation time...

Blakeley to Chris B.: If you came here to win… we have to vote. I dunno… you should have just thought that game play before ya… just sayin’

Blakeley also asks Sarah directly if Chris would share the money if they actually get the votes. Both agree on camera that they would and Chris tells them to vote for Sarah not him.

Key words from Chris B.: You can’t regret things you can’t change

We soon get this curious edit: As the contestants reveal their votes, Chris kisses Sarah and Rachel blows a kiss to the voters in front of her. What is obvious here is that Rachel was assuming that her fate rested ONLY on the "jury" and not Nick. She and Nick were determining each others' fate and Blakeley's words could easily have come out of Nick... since Rachel and Nick were also being judged by their ON SCREEN performances.

Speaking of ON SCREEN performances...
We ALL know how the editors manipulate the viewers... AND those voting. I still can't get over this ominous feeling that Mike Fleiss personally wanted Nick to win and Rachel to lose... but the question is why? Just so the ending would be different? Was it because he was still struggling with Arie, Roberto and Sean for the next lead and needed a built-in "sob story" for a potential Bachelorette replacement show for January broadcast? You have to admit, all of us felt sorry for Rachel regardless of how we stand with Nick... she STILL didn't need to lose Mike AND the money on national TV like this. Yet I would DEFINITELY watch a full season of her to see her storyline lead to the "happy ending" of getting paid as the lead and finding a Michael substitute.

Now...

Was Nick "nasty" to Rachel when he chose "keep"? Whether or not I personally agree with his decision, I did NOT see him do anything offensive towards her. He simply explained in thorough and precise detail why he was making his decision before he declares it:

"Nobody sitting up there in the cast, nobody in this audience right now, and nobody sitting at home watching right now ever would have put their money on me to win this. It’s crazy though to sit up here and watch, like, the last episode, and see Jaclyn say that I don’t deserve to be here. And see Ed say that I’m just an anonymous guy in the house. Y’know, it’s like, ouch, thanks Ed. (Jaclyn briefly responds and he agrees.) I was on nobody’s radar, nobody was ever on my team. And I did this all myself. Nobody ever cared how I was going to vote. Nobody cared what my plan was. And I feel like I’m an outsider, and I got here by myself, and I did this all by myself. Rachel never wanted to be my partner. She didn’t… and, as a matter of fact, she told me that she backed into this partnership. And she tried to leave on me three times. (Nick is facing Rachel directly) You tried to leave on me three times. And, knowing that it would screw me over. (Rachel responds: “I didn’t.”) But it didn’t matter. You knew it was going to screw me over, but it didn’t matter. And I had to talk to you, and Jaclyn talked to you, and you know what you said to me? You said it was Jaclyn’s words that kept you here, not mine. I was like, really, wow? Never once did you say, ‘You know I’m gonna stick it out for your sake, Nick.’ I had to bring it up. You wanted to do it for Michael. You were on the phone with Michael. You wanted to see Michael. And you know how bad it sucks when you’re in the final competition to sing together and you tell me that ‘if Michael and I were to be in this competition together, we’d win this for sure.’ But I was your partner. (Rachel: I didn’t say that.) You sure did, and so I decided to keep."

Again... I initially was on Rachel's side AGAINST Nick when I watched this unfold, then she said something that prompted my gradual "180 turnaround" towards Nick's camp...

I brought you here! You are here because of ME!

Back stage, every question Rachel asks... except for their talk a few days ago... was answered above. He just picks up his duffle bag and limos out with the line of Rachel is a sweet girl, but this is Bachelor Pad. LOL!



When it is all said and done, Nick SHOULD at least buy Rachel a Jeep Wrangler.
avatar
JBF

Posts : 5015
Join date : 2011-05-29
Location : Jack Benny Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum