SELECT CONTENT

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:59 pm

:myop: I'm not going to argue about this anymore. I just want to say I'm not pro-Rachel. I've never been a fan of hers. I just happen to have an opinion which apparently is an unpopular one yet I haven't seen anything here to convince me to change it in the pro-Nick (or pro-Nick decision) posts. Maybe we can agree to disagree.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15241

Back to top Go down

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by momoftrips Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:47 pm

MurtzShow video interview with Nick.

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 4 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 pm

It's all good, albean99. I certainly wasn't thinking of you when I posted with my own opinions.

Ha ha! We should retitle this thread "Nick Peters... oops!... Peterson".

Then we don't have to worry about our opinions here since we all know he is the Forgotten Man on the show regardless of anything he has done.

(Well... actually I take that back since what he did was "a first".)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyinpink Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:26 pm

What I think he did was a punk move, and now tries to blame Rachel for his choice. He is a grown man, and he needs to take responsibility for his decision, instead of blaming it on everyone else. He is getting some heat about it, so now he is trying to make Rachel out to be this big meany. Rachel said it best that neither one of them wanted to be partners with eachother and they BOTH made that evidently clear. Nick didn't care for Rachel anymore than Rachel cared for him, but they were partners at the end and they had to trust eachother. Rachel has said that Nick told her he was going to share with her until the very end, even after he saw what was said on tv. I think he looks like even a bigger shmuck for not being honest with her after the show aired, and said after seeing some of the things you said, I haven't decided what I am going to do, but instead gained her trust and promised her he would share until the very end. I dont care that he won the money, money doesn't make you happy. It is the way he threw it in her face and was laughing at her. I mean what kind of guy does that kind of a thing to a woman who already was deeply hurting. Even Chris Harrison said the way he acted afterwards wasn't cool. He looked like a horse's behind. Rachel can walk away with the respect of most people, because she followed through with her word, unlike the shmuck Nick. I think actions speak louder than words, and for him to keep retweeting even now everytime somebody said you did the right thing, is proof all I need that he knows he did a schmuck thing. If he truly believes he did the right thing, he would not need anybody else's validation.

"I am a fangirlie and proud of it"
prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Post by revo74 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:32 pm

livlafluv1 wrote:Opinions are opinions, neither right nor wrong. In my opinion, the producers had a heavy hand in how it played out, both in the PIs they chose to include and in the clips they chose to include in the finale. No one comes out looking great. Were all the players shown the episodes not yet aired before the finale taped, or just Nick?

In any case, it doesn't really matter. Perhaps we will be treated to a Bpad 4 with another return of Erica Rose and Nick, the winner, too.

I'm pretty sure everyone saw all episodes leading up to the finale so they would be fully informed and better able to comment at the finale. Nick said that he saw the last two episodes before the finale the night before.

revo74

Back to top Go down

Post by revo74 Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:49 pm

JBF wrote:Oooooohhhh... I WAS going to stay out of all of this, but... I guess I can't hold out no-mo'. I'll sport on my little helmet and shield just for the moment... and pack as much as I can into one posting.

Ideally, I would liked to have seen Nick "share"... and apparently that was his plan before watching episodes #6 and #7 back to back the day before the finale (I guess). Some of the interview information gets jumbled up and it is hard to determine exactly how this panned out... was he still conflicted with his decision going into the show? He may have been right up until Rachel carried on with Mike, again spelling out in so many words that she would have preferred him as her partner over Nick... and ignoring Nick sitting there and listening. Add to this Jaclyn "helping" him make his decision by saying he doesn't deserve to be there as much as Rachel and Rachel not exactly disagreeing with her.

Re-watched episodes #6 & #7 and here is a sampling of what Nick was hearing and seeing...

Right after they become partners, Jaclyn repeats something that Rachel told her (but we don't HEAR Rachel say this, so we don't know if Jaclyn is fibbing): Rachel doesn’t want to be playing this game without Michael and does NOT want to partner with Nick since he is not part of her original alliance.

Rachel directly to Nick’s face (no edits involved): It’s not worth the money

Rachel: My new partnership with Nick is, like, a freakin’ disaster.

Rachel to Mike on phone (no edits… we see her mouth move... and she verifies what she does in PI): It’s tough, y’know. I just wanted to be with you at the end and not Nick.

Jaclyn voice-over: As much I would like Rachel to stay, I do not think Nick deserves to be here.

I must have missed this, but Rachel claims to Nick's face that had Mike been singing on stage, they would win for sure. They cut that from the screen I think. Now... Maybe all Rachel was referring to here was that Mike is a talented singer and dancer and this was NOT a "dig" at Nick. However, count how many times Rachel has brought up the M-name in front of Nick and you can guess he was losing his cool with her by this stage.

Rachel: I could care less that I am close to that money. Money doesn’t mean anything to me right now. Money is ugly. It is just not worth losing friendships over. It is not worth feeling like this.

... and a sampling of what Rachel SHOULD have been paying attention to episodes #6 & #7...

Nick to Rachel (love his pronoun usage): I do not want to give up. We cannot give up.

He also says as she keeps saying she doesn’t want to be here that she will see Michael soon. “He would want you to be here.”

Rachel before rose ceremony: I need to be open and honest with Nick because he IS my partner.
She then calls Mike behind Nick's back, but fails to notice that Nick knew about it: "I can’t believe this. She is talking to Michael!"

Nick PI: I am not here for love. I’m not here to makes friends. I am here for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.

Nick: ONE of us is going to win two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.

Sarah: I feel bad for Nick because he knows… her mind is not the game.

Nick: She thinks she’s the only part of this partnership and I am just tagging along… that is not the case.

Nick to Rachel: What are you here for? You’re here for money, right? So am I. Friendships will be there. I promise. But if you want the money, we take Chris and Sarah. We gotta do it.

Rachel reacting the above move later: I feel like I made the wrong decision. It was not my decision.
(In other words, she holds Nick 100% responsible for allowing Chris / Sarah into the top two. Had Ed / Jaclyn been in the finals instead and she and Nick lost to them, RACHEL would be responsible for losing... not Nick.)

At the finale...

Chris Harrison talking to Rachel over a shot of Nick “You were ready to leave for him”. (i.e. Mike Stagliano)
Rachel responds (over repeating shots of Nick): “There were so many times I wanted to leave for him. You know. The money didn’t matter. I just didn’t care about that any more. At this point I had found something so much better and every day after that was a struggle. They all (pointing to audience) saw that… or he saw (pointing at Nick) what a struggle it was to keep me there.”
(Key question: Did Nick only "saw" and did nothing to keep her in the game?)

Rachel discussing Mike to Chris Harrison: “I thought I would be sitting up here maybe in Tony and Blake’s position”

Camera pans on Nick when she says (regarding Mike again): “there is no future any more”

When Nick says to Chris Harrison “I felt like she was ‘stuck’ with me”, Rachel doesn’t bother looking at him. Apparently she agrees with what he is saying and is clearly not concerned if there are any feelings attached to it.

Jaclyn asks Rachel why Nick “who landed in this position out of luck ended up with the final decision of you guys would take to the final two”.
Rachel responds it was the “lowest time of her life” making that decision.
She later, after Nick explains why they took Chris and Sarah instead of Jaclyn and Ed, says “When Michael did go home, I had the two of them and I went to them for everything”… (i.e. not to Nick her partner)… “Jaclyn kept me in the game and I honestly do not know what I would have done without you”. (She is looking at Jaclyn, not Nick... who is unimportant to her right now.)

While in the deliberation room, Jaclyn suggested that Rachel keep the money because, again, she deserves it more than Nick. Good friend Jaclyn stated the same before in episode #7... so Rachel and Nick both KNEW her opinion... AND there is no way Nick would be 100% certain that, after Rachel saying she always follows Jaclyn's instruction, that she would chose "share".

Rachel also gets some warnings in the Blakeley-Chris conversation before deliberation time...

Blakeley to Chris B.: If you came here to win… we have to vote. I dunno… you should have just thought that game play before ya… just sayin’

Blakeley also asks Sarah directly if Chris would share the money if they actually get the votes. Both agree on camera that they would and Chris tells them to vote for Sarah not him.

Key words from Chris B.: You can’t regret things you can’t change

We soon get this curious edit: As the contestants reveal their votes, Chris kisses Sarah and Rachel blows a kiss to the voters in front of her. What is obvious here is that Rachel was assuming that her fate rested ONLY on the "jury" and not Nick. She and Nick were determining each others' fate and Blakeley's words could easily have come out of Nick... since Rachel and Nick were also being judged by their ON SCREEN performances.

Speaking of ON SCREEN performances...
We ALL know how the editors manipulate the viewers... AND those voting. I still can't get over this ominous feeling that Mike Fleiss personally wanted Nick to win and Rachel to lose... but the question is why? Just so the ending would be different? Was it because he was still struggling with Arie, Roberto and Sean for the next lead and needed a built-in "sob story" for a potential Bachelorette replacement show for January broadcast? You have to admit, all of us felt sorry for Rachel regardless of how we stand with Nick... she STILL didn't need to lose Mike AND the money on national TV like this. Yet I would DEFINITELY watch a full season of her to see her storyline lead to the "happy ending" of getting paid as the lead and finding a Michael substitute.

Now...

Was Nick "nasty" to Rachel when he chose "keep"? Whether or not I personally agree with his decision, I did NOT see him do anything offensive towards her. He simply explained in thorough and precise detail why he was making his decision before he declares it:

"Nobody sitting up there in the cast, nobody in this audience right now, and nobody sitting at home watching right now ever would have put their money on me to win this. It’s crazy though to sit up here and watch, like, the last episode, and see Jaclyn say that I don’t deserve to be here. And see Ed say that I’m just an anonymous guy in the house. Y’know, it’s like, ouch, thanks Ed. (Jaclyn briefly responds and he agrees.) I was on nobody’s radar, nobody was ever on my team. And I did this all myself. Nobody ever cared how I was going to vote. Nobody cared what my plan was. And I feel like I’m an outsider, and I got here by myself, and I did this all by myself. Rachel never wanted to be my partner. She didn’t… and, as a matter of fact, she told me that she backed into this partnership. And she tried to leave on me three times. (Nick is facing Rachel directly) You tried to leave on me three times. And, knowing that it would screw me over. (Rachel responds: “I didn’t.”) But it didn’t matter. You knew it was going to screw me over, but it didn’t matter. And I had to talk to you, and Jaclyn talked to you, and you know what you said to me? You said it was Jaclyn’s words that kept you here, not mine. I was like, really, wow? Never once did you say, ‘You know I’m gonna stick it out for your sake, Nick.’ I had to bring it up. You wanted to do it for Michael. You were on the phone with Michael. You wanted to see Michael. And you know how bad it sucks when you’re in the final competition to sing together and you tell me that ‘if Michael and I were to be in this competition together, we’d win this for sure.’ But I was your partner. (Rachel: I didn’t say that.) You sure did, and so I decided to keep."

Again... I initially was on Rachel's side AGAINST Nick when I watched this unfold, then she said something that prompted my gradual "180 turnaround" towards Nick's camp...

I brought you here! You are here because of ME!

Back stage, every question Rachel asks... except for their talk a few days ago... was answered above. He just picks up his duffle bag and limos out with the line of Rachel is a sweet girl, but this is Bachelor Pad. LOL!

When it is all said and done, Nick SHOULD at least buy Rachel a Jeep Wrangler.

Great post. The bottom line is, Rachel had it coming to her and Nick was completely justified selecting "keep".

I probably would have bought her an all exclusive vacation for her and a person of her choice to a tropical island. She definitely needed to just get away, clear her mind and blow off steam after everything that happened.

revo74

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyinpink Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:52 pm

I find laughing in one's face after he chose keep disrespectful! Of course that is just me. There was no justification in my eyes for him laughing in her face and prancing around the stage like a crazy man afterwards. He can try to justify it all he wants, and play the game that Rachel, who wouldn't hurt a fly is a big meany and made him do it. I am not buying his Mr. innocent act. If i was his gf, I would not trust him as far as I could throw him.

prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Post by revo74 Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:23 pm

prettyinpink wrote:What I think he did was a punk move, and now tries to blame Rachel for his choice. He is a grown man, and he needs to take responsibility for his decision, instead of blaming it on everyone else. He is getting some heat about it, so now he is trying to make Rachel out to be this big meany. Rachel said it best that neither one of them wanted to be partners with eachother and they BOTH made that evidently clear. Nick didn't care for Rachel anymore than Rachel cared for him, but they were partners at the end and they had to trust eachother. Rachel has said that Nick told her he was going to share with her until the very end, even after he saw what was said on tv. I think he looks like even a bigger shmuck for not being honest with her after the show aired, and said after seeing some of the things you said, I haven't decided what I am going to do, but instead gained her trust and promised her he would share until the very end. I dont care that he won the money, money doesn't make you happy. It is the way he threw it in her face and was laughing at her. I mean what kind of guy does that kind of a thing to a woman who already was deeply hurting. Even Chris Harrison said the way he acted afterwards wasn't cool. He looked like a horse's behind. Rachel can walk away with the respect of most people, because she followed through with her word, unlike the shmuck Nick. I think actions speak louder than words, and for him to keep retweeting even now everytime somebody said you did the right thing, is proof all I need that he knows he did a schmuck thing. If he truly believes he did the right thing, he would not need anybody else's validation.

Whether you agree, disagree or are indifferent to the way Nick handled himself after he won is irrelevant to whether his choice of "keep" was justified, because it was after the fact. The fact that Rachel was heartbroken do to the hands of Michael is not Nick's fault either and is not a reason for Nick to just hand over 125k. If Rachel had her way, she would have left Nick for dead. If Michael told Rachel, forget the money leave the show now and come join me, we will be happy together, she would have left Nick is a second. And I love the way the pro-Rachel crowd sweeps under the rug what she did to her best friend Jaclyn and fiend Ed. Nick choosing "keep" was her karma.

revo74

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyinpink Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:41 pm

revo74 wrote:
prettyinpink wrote:What I think he did was a punk move, and now tries to blame Rachel for his choice. He is a grown man, and he needs to take responsibility for his decision, instead of blaming it on everyone else. He is getting some heat about it, so now he is trying to make Rachel out to be this big meany. Rachel said it best that neither one of them wanted to be partners with eachother and they BOTH made that evidently clear. Nick didn't care for Rachel anymore than Rachel cared for him, but they were partners at the end and they had to trust eachother. Rachel has said that Nick told her he was going to share with her until the very end, even after he saw what was said on tv. I think he looks like even a bigger shmuck for not being honest with her after the show aired, and said after seeing some of the things you said, I haven't decided what I am going to do, but instead gained her trust and promised her he would share until the very end. I dont care that he won the money, money doesn't make you happy. It is the way he threw it in her face and was laughing at her. I mean what kind of guy does that kind of a thing to a woman who already was deeply hurting. Even Chris Harrison said the way he acted afterwards wasn't cool. He looked like a horse's behind. Rachel can walk away with the respect of most people, because she followed through with her word, unlike the shmuck Nick. I think actions speak louder than words, and for him to keep retweeting even now everytime somebody said you did the right thing, is proof all I need that he knows he did a schmuck thing. If he truly believes he did the right thing, he would not need anybody else's validation.

Whether you agree, disagree or are indifferent to the way Nick handled himself after he won is irrelevant to whether his choice of "keep" was justified, because it was after the fact. The fact that Rachel was heartbroken do to the hands of Michael is not Nick's fault either and is not a reason for Nick to just hand over 125k. If Rachel had her way, she would have left Nick for dead. If Michael told Rachel, forget the money leave the show now and come join me, we will be happy together, she would have left Nick is a second. And I love the way the pro-Rachel crowd sweeps under the rug what she did to her best friend Jaclyn and fiend Ed. Nick choosing "keep" was her karma.

No, i disagree with you, because Rachel didn't leave Nick for dead, because she choose to share the money, unlike the shmuck Nick. Yes, I do feel how one treats others no matter if it is after the fact of winning or not, very relevant. It shows one's character, and it made him look like a horse's behind. Of course this is all my opinion, and that is ok if you think he is the MAN. It has nothing to do whos fault it was that Rachel was feeling bad, the fact that a man would continue to laugh in her face and not realize that the girl is hurting and to continue to stab her in the back shows his true character, and I feel sorry for his future GF. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise, I have a mind of my own. I think he is a shmuck and I think he is a greedy greedy man, and I will never believe his I was going to share the money until bs. He is not innocent, and he is tryng to throw Rachel under the bus making it out like it is all her fault and that she is a big meany. Give me a break, he needs to take responsibility for what he did and own up to it, and stop pointing fingers. He needs to go take his 250,000 dollars and go to ettiquette classes on how to treat women. Period, exclamation mark, and I am done!!!!

ETA: I am not pro Rachel I really didn't care who won. However, I grew up with six brothers and my mom always taught them to treat women with respect. I dont care that he won all the money, it is what he did afterwards that I find to be a shmuck move and very disrespectful. He could have handled himself in a more gentlemanly way, and nothing anybody says will convince me otherwise. I would not want my sister or best friend to ever date a man like that. As for Ed and Jaclyn, I dont really think much about them so that us up to all of them to figure out. At least she didn't jump up and laugh in their face like Nick did to her. She was at least sympathetic and you could truly tell she felt awful, unlike the shmuck Nick.

prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:52 pm

prettyinpink wrote:I find laughing in one's face after he chose keep disrespectful! Of course that is just me. There was no justification in my eyes for him laughing in her face and prancing around the stage like a crazy man afterwards. He can try to justify it all he wants, and play the game that Rachel, who wouldn't hurt a fly is a big meany and made him do it. I am not buying his Mr. innocent act. If i was his gf, I would not trust him as far as I could throw him.

He says he was happy because he had just won the money, won the "game." Who isn't in that moment? But, yes, he should have collected himself and made a gesture towards her, and he couldn't come up with how to do that. Isn't the winning taught to congratulate the losing team on a game well played?

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:33 pm

IMO, this is show is like a high school social experiment. The kiddies come into the house and a leader(s) determines who are the "cool kids" and who are the "nerdy outsiders." Often there is no compassion or logic to this...perceptions are based on previous friendships and rumors.

Nick was always considered an outsider/nerd by the cool kids. No one gave a damn about him. I don't think he realized just how much until he watched the final episodes. If this was a real high school we would probably be commending the outsider for being victorious in the end.

Is it nice that Nick was cocky and bitter towards Rachel at decision time? Of course not...but I get how anger must have built up in him after watching the show back. Quite frankly if Nick had to make a decision a few months ago he probably would have shared.

At the end of the day, I can't fault Nick for making the decision he did.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyinpink Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:59 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
prettyinpink wrote:I find laughing in one's face after he chose keep disrespectful! Of course that is just me. There was no justification in my eyes for him laughing in her face and prancing around the stage like a crazy man afterwards. He can try to justify it all he wants, and play the game that Rachel, who wouldn't hurt a fly is a big meany and made him do it. I am not buying his Mr. innocent act. If i was his gf, I would not trust him as far as I could throw him.

He says he was happy because he had just won the money, won the "game." Who isn't in that moment? But, yes, he should have collected himself and made a gesture towards her, and he couldn't come up with how to do that. Isn't the winning taught to congratulate the losing team on a game well played?

You can be excited and happy and still at the same time respect your hurting partner!! It really isn't that hard to do.

prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

+17
LoveDovez
philphan
prettyinpink
JBF
ironcat