SELECT CONTENT

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by prettyinpink Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:12 am

Avg-Joe wrote:
prettyinpink wrote:
ironcat wrote:What I wonder is how many people go on the show, and how many of us would go on the show if offered, with the goal of winning just half of the money. If that's your goal from the get go, fine, but if it's not, the only way to do it is to do pretty much what Nick did. The argument that he shouldn't have led Rachel to believe he would share the money is kind of moot, because had he done that, there would be no way to pull off winning all the money in the first place. And honestly, the only way that someone can probably expect to even be in a situation where they could win all the money and not get lynched by angry fans in future seasons is to get to the end with a partner they haven't really bonded with; otherwise, I shudder to think what the backlash will be like, if it's this bad for Nick.

People who are still so outraged should perhaps target this outrage at the BP producers, who put in the "prisoner's dilemma" specifically to encourage this kind of ending. Although I doubt they would take fans' opinions into account, they are the ones responsible for the possibility, and future probablility, of this "cruel" ending, not any of the contestants.

I respect what you are saying ironcat, but there is no outrage here. What happens in their lives doesn't affect my life one way or another. Nick has to take responsibility for his own actions, the producers are not to blame about that. He choose to run around the stage like a loon in front of Rachel, even when he knew she had to be hurting, not just about Michael, but about loosing 125,000. When Rachel wanted to talk to him, he not only ran away from her like a coward, but then would not even take her call the next day. I think a person who has any type of compassion for the other person, would have taken her call. I am not a fan of Rachels. I didn't even really remember her much from Ben's season, but I dont think she deserved him to rub it in her face the way he did. What kind of person does that to another human being. I disagree with Nick that he didn't owe her anything. He did owe her respect after taking all the money, and he clearly showed her none. I understand lying is part of the game, but I cant respect a man who acts like a two year old after he just ripped a woman's heart out of her chest. The fact that he keeps retweeting tweets about how wonderful he is, tells me more about him than anything he has said in the past few weeks. JMO

A few small points: 1) Nick didn't rip out Rachel's heart. Michael did. 2) Nick did win the game without cheating. 3) Nick insists that he and Rachel will talk in the future and explained why he didn't return her call the next day. As a man, I will say, this is absolutey brilliant. No good outcome every comes from a conversation with a woman that is steeped in raw emotion. 4) Rachel had a bad day. No doubt. But, think that Nick doesn't have feelings. Guys might act tough, but what people say to and about us affects us like it does any human being. He was disregarded and disrespected the entire show and into the finale. They both need time away from the season to let the dust settle. Rachel was not the only person hurt in that partnership.

If somebody stole 125,000 from me, yes it would have ripped my heart out!! Michael did it first, but Nick did it second. As for Nick being hurt in this relationship, I dont believe that for a minute. The guy was so full of himself on twitter for over a week retweeting tweets telling him how wonderful he was. He acted so arrogant on interviews and trying to put all the blame on Rachel. I am sorry, but he is a grown man, he needs to take responsibility for his own actions. The man ran out of the room like the coward he is. If he was so confident in his choice why did he run away like a two year old. The guy doesn't have a compassion bone in his body, and nothing will convince me at all. Rachel explained that they became good friends after the show, and she trusted him. Which obviously isn't worth two cents!! I have no problem with you or anybody else keeping the money, if you feel that is what you need to do. My problem with Nick is the way he acted afterwards and ran away from a girl, instead of sitting there like a man and taking it. He took the easy way out and ran!!!

"I am a fangirlie and proud of it"
prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

Post by revo74 Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 am

Avg-Joe wrote:Rachel, Jacqln and Ed are the only people who are upset with Nick.

If Ed is upset with Nick he has a really bad way of showing it. He was laughing moments after Nick won and later again at the finale he had a big smile on his face. He is also investing with Nick among others in a business.

revo74

Back to top Go down

Post by revo74 Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:29 am

prettyinpink wrote:If somebody stole 125,000 from me...

Stole!?!?!? I didn't realize 125k was property of Rachel's. How come no one notified the authorities about this crime? You were wise not to respond to my last post because you would have further embarrassed yourself, although I don't know what you could have said that would have been as off-base as this.

The man ran out of the room like the coward he is. If he was so confident in his choice why did he run away like a two year old. My problem with Nick is the way he acted afterwards and ran away from a girl, instead of sitting there like a man and taking it. He took the easy way out and ran!!!

First of all, Nick never "ran". Second, the man explained in detail why he made the decision he did. After he won he took questions from Rachel and the other contestants and further explained himself. Everyone in America saw this except for you apparently. He remained *seated* until he was cleared to leave by Chris Harris. Rachel's opportunity to ask her questions were given to her and I am sure there was more dialogue between her and Nick that took place that got edited out because it was redundant or unworthy. Nick *walked* off the stage and was going about his business when Rachel stalked him down all frantic. He *did* stop and he told her exactly what he already had on stage. Rachel was an emotional mess. She wasn't thinking clearly. It's not Nick's fault Rachel wasn't satisfied with his reasons, but he did give them.

revo74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 pm

prettyinpink wrote:

If somebody stole 125,000 from me, yes it would have ripped my heart out!! Michael did it first, but Nick did it second. As for Nick being hurt in this relationship, I dont believe that for a minute. The guy was so full of himself on twitter for over a week retweeting tweets telling him how wonderful he was. He acted so arrogant on interviews and trying to put all the blame on Rachel. I am sorry, but he is a grown man, he needs to take responsibility for his own actions. The man ran out of the room like the coward he is. If he was so confident in his choice why did he run away like a two year old. The guy doesn't have a compassion bone in his body, and nothing will convince me at all. Rachel explained that they became good friends after the show, and she trusted him. Which obviously isn't worth two cents!! I have no problem with you or anybody else keeping the money, if you feel that is what you need to do. My problem with Nick is the way he acted afterwards and ran away from a girl, instead of sitting there like a man and taking it. He took the easy way out and ran!!!

Apparently, I watched a different episode. The Nick in the episode I saw didn't storm out. The show is produced. He was told to leave. The edit made it look like he was fleeing. You can be sure that on the episode I saw, he would not have been allowed to leave, in the limo that was conveniently waiting, unless the show felt they could get more drama out of him. Buying the edit is like buying rotten meat; bad for the digestion.

As for stealing, it wasn't on my episode. Stealing is a felony. There were no warrants out for his arrest, no police standing at the door, no news reports after the finale to suggest he took anything from Rachel. My episode showed only that a man won a game and got a prize.

As for being a grown man and needing to take resonsiblity for his actions, he did. He explained why he felt the way that he felt and why he did what he did. Grown men have feelings, don't ever doubt that. In fact, maybe if more women realized that, the male/female relationship scene would be less tumultuous. And if to judge a man with these standards, judge the grown woman with the same. She was not nice to him (period). She behaved in a way that did not develop any trust from her partner or in her partner. She has yet to take ownership of her words and actions except to her best friend, Jaclyn. My episode did not show a humble, contrite woman any more than it showed an arrogant man. I wish the network would air the same thing for everyone. Maybe that is why there is so much confusion on this thread... ????

If the season my wife and I watched had even one ITM of Nick saying, "I am looking forward to sticking it to everyone when I get to the end of the season." Then, I probably could comprehend and see this and other similar points of view. I just don't.

Do you remember the pictures that were a fad some time back. It looked like a mosaic and if you stared at it long enough, you could see a 3-D picture emerge? My eyes weren't very good at it; but, at times I could 'look in' the picture and capture the hidden scene for a few seconds. Well, I feel that this is a little bit like that. I have stared at this for a long time. Way too long. And I just don't see "Rachel is a victim, and Nick is a dog" that others are seeing. In fact, I'm done trying.

I respectively disagree. I believe Nick played an honest game, won it, and kept the money for justifiable reasons.

Good poster now signing off of this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:43 pm

revo74 wrote:

Stole!?!?!? I didn't realize 125k was property of Rachel's. How come no one notified the authorities about this crime? You were wise not to respond to my last post because you would have further embarrassed yourself, although I don't know what you could have said that would have been as off-base as this.

The man ran out of the room like the coward he is. If he was so confident in his choice why did he run away like a two year old. My problem with Nick is the way he acted afterwards and ran away from a girl, instead of sitting there like a man and taking it. He took the easy way out and ran!!!

First of all, Nick never "ran". Second, the man explained in detail why he made the decision he did. After he won he took questions from Rachel and the other contestants and further explained himself. Everyone in America saw this except for you apparently. He remained *seated* until he was cleared to leave by Chris Harris. Rachel's opportunity to ask her questions were given to her and I am sure there was more dialogue between her and Nick that took place that got edited out because it was redundant or unworthy. Nick *walked* off the stage and was going about his business when Rachel stalked him down all frantic. He *did* stop and he told her exactly what he already had on stage. Rachel was an emotional mess. She wasn't thinking clearly. It's not Nick's fault Rachel wasn't satisfied with his reasons, but he did give them.

Oh, sorry Rev. I didn't see this post before "signing off". I concur and didn't have to write mine. Good luck in this endless discussion. Time for me to let it go. Now I'm signing off this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by revo74 Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Avg-Joe wrote:
revo74 wrote:

Oh, sorry Rev. I didn't see this post before "signing off". I concur and didn't have to write mine. Good luck in this endless discussion. Time for me to let it go. Now I'm signing off this thread.

Good posts Joe. I am done too, unless Pink decides to actually answer some of the questions I presented her, which no one in the pro-Rachel/anti-Nick camp seem to want to take on.

revo74

Back to top Go down

Post by prettyinpink Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:28 pm

deadhorse :giggle:

"I am a fangirlie and proud of it"
prettyinpink
prettyinpink

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Q&A with 'Bachelor Pad 3' winner Nick Peterson

http://www.coloradosprings.com/articles/-16529--.html

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion - Page 9 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:56 pm

I don't get what he's doing here.

https://www.facebook.com/TheDuncanProjectCasting/posts/413572472081242

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Peterson - Bachelorette 7 - Discussion

+17
LoveDovez
philphan
prettyinpink
JBF
ironcat