Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 80 of 83 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by LibbyBell on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:47 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Regarding the conversation about "competitiveness": I don't see JP being competitive as much as being focused on Ashley and going after her. Competitiveness, as I see it is "beating" the other guys at a game so that he is 1 up on them-- again, not what I see JP doing.

The episode description states that JP is "emboldened to make a move", this merely means that he gets the courage to do something with Ashley that he might have been tpp nervous to do otherwise. Doesn't mean that he leaves a pile of bodies in his wake!

He can't be that competitive if in the next episode (5 that is) he bows out of the wrestling competition with Dino.

Goodness, I don't know if I forgot that or hadn't known about that!! That does kind of make the point--

LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:45 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Regarding the conversation about "competitiveness": I don't see JP being competitive as much as being focused on Ashley and going after her. Competitiveness, as I see it is "beating" the other guys at a game so that he is 1 up on them-- again, not what I see JP doing.

The episode description states that JP is "emboldened to make a move", this merely means that he gets the courage to do something with Ashley that he might have been tpp nervous to do otherwise. Doesn't mean that he leaves a pile of bodies in his wake!

He can't be that competitive if in the next episode (5 that is) he bows out of the wrestling competition with Dino.

I think the competitiveness is seen normally in the Bachelor.Out of all 6 Bachelorette seasons plus Ashley's season I don't remember a lot of the contestants being really super competitive.

Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: I agree. I love the level of maturity, lack of hostility and classy people on here, who are civil to each other, even if not in complete agreement about contestants, articles, etc. FORT lacked that so much, the subtle insults and people trying to demean posters they did'nt agree with, made it an unhappy place to try and have fun, sleuth and post. And the mods played favorites bigtime and it was not a level playing field by any means.

Thanks, again Love_me and San.."simply the best, better than all the rest"

:thanki: :urok:

Gina you are absolutely right. I feel so much better here than I did at FORT.The mods over on FORT enjoyed their power trip and there was a huge lack of respect for a lot of posters.

Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 pm

CarrieA

Female Posts : 3473

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Regarding the conversation about "competitiveness": I don't see JP being competitive as much as being focused on Ashley and going after her. Competitiveness, as I see it is "beating" the other guys at a game so that he is 1 up on them-- again, not what I see JP doing.

The episode description states that JP is "emboldened to make a move", this merely means that he gets the courage to do something with Ashley that he might have been too nervous to do otherwise. Doesn't mean that he leaves a pile of bodies in his wake!

Last edited by LibbyBell on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:34 pm

I agree. I love the level of maturity, lack of hostility and classy people on here, who are civil to each other, even if not in complete agreement about contestants, articles, etc. FORT lacked that so much, the subtle insults and people trying to demean posters they did'nt agree with, made it an unhappy place to try and have fun, sleuth and post. And the mods played favorites bigtime and it was not a level playing field by any means.

Thanks, again Love_me and San.."simply the best, better than all the rest"

:thanki: :urok:

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:32 pm

[quote="pavalygurl"]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:roberto was not competitive, niether was ryan

So for the Bachelorette we have:

Trista - Ryan
Meredith - Ian
Jen - Jerry
Deanna - Jesse (Default) Graham?
Jillian - Ed
Ali - Roberto

So were any of the F1's competitive? Apart from Jesse who everyone believes was a default F1?[/quote]

I agree....being competitive seems to be a F2 trait. Wow, this season is just screwy.

I have to throw this in here, randomly. I am so happy this board was started. I feel so much more comfortable than I did on Fort. The other message board I frequent, which originally started out as a Bach board, has little interest in the shows these days. Thanks to all of you who made this happen.

I echo Nutty's sentiment. Thanks to San and Love_Me and everyone on here for making this fun!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] for this! We really appreciate it!

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32811

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:28 pm

[quote="nutty1"]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:roberto was not competitive, niether was ryan

Trista - Ryan
Meredith - Ian
Jen - Jerry
Jillian - Ed
Ali - Roberto

So were any of the F1's competitive? Apart from Jesse who everyone believes was a default F1?[/quote]

I agree....being competitive seems to be a F2 trait. Wow, this season is just screwy.

I have to throw this in here, randomly. I am so happy this board was started. I feel so much more comfortable than I did on Fort. The other message board I frequent, which originally started out as a Bach board, has little interest in the shows these days. Thanks to all of you who made this happen.

I echo Nutty's sentiment. Thanks to San and Love_Me and everyone on here for making this fun!

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by klarson79 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm

I guess I'm not really getting the "JP is competitive" vibe. I wouldn't consider wanting to spend time with Ashley as being competitive...but that's just me.

klarson79

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:This is interesting --

The next day, in an effort to see another side of her bachelors, Ashley takes 10 of her men on a group date that really will make a difference. She meets them at Baan San Fan orphanage, which houses some of the children who lost their parents in the horrific 2004 tsunami. The men quickly take up renovating, painting and decorating the place these youngsters now call home. Ben even decides to paint a mural for the kids. For the moment, J.P. concentrates on the work even though he has other romantic things on his mind. At the after party, however, one bachelor demands more of Ashley's time and J.P. is emboldened to make a move. Who will Ashley decide has made her world a better place and thus get the rose?

So will Ashley's (dancing) creative side value Ben's mural the most?
Or will her hard work ethic (I'm assuming, given the UPenn education) value JP's remodeling effort the most?

And what I really want to know is which Bach is demanding Ashley's time when JP decides to make his move? If it's Ben that'll be a classic F1/F2 showdown.

Ben gets the group rose, right?

Alexxx, Ben does get the group date rose.

jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm

[quote="gurlbrit"]

Trista - Ryan
Meredith - Ian
Jen - Jerry
Jillian - Ed
Ali - Roberto

Nutty1, I stopped posting at Fort after Deanna's season, due to getting way too many infractions when the "doo-doo" really hit the fan when it was discovered that Jesse was F1. I lurked every season from that time on, y'all have no idea how many times I wanted to chime in on discussions, but was afraid that I'd been tagged by the mods over there.

Love that I can "chime in" again this season. I really like Ashley, plus she lives in Philly, so she's almost a home town gal LOL.

We are glad you enjoy the site! Thanks for the kind words. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32811

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 pm

OK, here are the F2's for the Bachelorette:

Trista - Charlie
Meredith - Matthew
Jen - John Paul
Deanna - Jason
Jillian - Kiptyn
Ali - Chris L

Soooo, any of these competitive?????

Whoops maybe this should be moved to the F1 discussion thread as opposed to the next episode.

Last edited by gurlbrit on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Maybe the discussion should be moved!!)

gurlbrit

Female Posts : 2989

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 83 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 4 - 6/13 - Discussion - Spoilers

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum