Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Ali never even kissed Justin and never looked into him. Ashley kissed Bentley and seemed very into him. I don't see the similarities there. JMO

Love_Me

Female Posts : 32421

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote: :wave: Welcome moonchild! Again! rotfl

I do think that it is weird that "Mr. Pinto" just so happens to return when JP has another 1-1.

It makes sense that she would have to be shown getting closure from the situation to move forward and I think episode 6 is about the right time because it has given her time to go on other dates but it is not too close to the finale (ala Frank's departure) to screw with the audience and question her choices.

Thanks, CA. Good point about the timing. I just find it hard to believe that anyone is going to look at BenF as a contender unless something really steamy happens. At this point, she would go...where have you been all my life, and by the way, what's your name again? That's how hidden BenF has been to me.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If you look at the timeline it is interesting...from this point

JP .. The only date rose he gets before the FRC is in epi 6 again after the B stuff

The other F3 all get roses in epi 4
Ben gets a couple of dates very close together
Ryan begins to get roses

Could well make the dragon of jealously rear it's head

rofl it's very possible..

CarrieA

Female Posts : 3467

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:53 pm

If you look at the timeline it is interesting...from this point

JP .. The only date rose he gets before the FRC is in epi 6 again after the B stuff

The other F3 all get roses in epi 4
Ben gets a couple of dates very close together
Ryan begins to get roses

Could well make the dragon of jealously rear it's head

The shifting of the tides begins

Me bad. JP gets a date rose in epi 7

Last edited by Jeepers on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Max64 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and never post that much, but I have a few random thoughts.

I have been having that feeling that......oh no, they're messing with my head again.....making it seem so obvious that it is JP, so it can't be JP! But, the thought has occurred to me that in order to make the ending (if there is a proposal) believable with the general viewing audience, they are going to have to make us believe that she chemistry and interest with someone other than Bentley from the very beginning or everyone will think that F1 is just the default guy, like with Jesse. I think that might be why we are seeing so much of JP from early on and not anything about Ben. Of course, they could be setting JP up as the transitional guy and not the rebound guy......which would put it in Ben's corner.

I do think they are bringing Bentley back, not just for more drama, but to show that she has closure, that absence hasn't made her heart grow fonder and that she is ready and already has moved on, yada, yada, yada. The way it was left with Bentley, everyone will still think that she is pining away for him and would try to hook up with him if she could after the show.

As someone mentioned in another thread, is it a coincidence that Bentley comes back on the same episode that JP has his second 1:1 date with Ashley? Or, are they building a storyline that she chooses the guy that is always her rock and is always there for her. I don't think we know which order JP's date is with the Bentley Show returning, so this could be totally irrelevant.

Comments, please!!

:Welcome

That's exactly how I've been seeing it. I do think that her dates with these other guys now are going to show her that she can deal with it, learn from it and move on, and realize there is life after snake.

Max64

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:11 pm

:wave: Welcome moonchild! Again! rotfl

I do think that it is weird that "Mr. Pinto" just so happens to return when JP has another 1-1.

It makes sense that she would have to be shown getting closure from the situation to move forward and I think episode 6 is about the right time because it has given her time to go on other dates but it is not too close to the finale (ala Frank's departure) to screw with the audience and question her choices.

CarrieA

Female Posts : 3467

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and never post that much, but I have a few random thoughts.

I have been having that feeling that......oh no, they're messing with my head again.....making it seem so obvious that it is JP, so it can't be JP! But, the thought has occurred to me that in order to make the ending (if there is a proposal) believable with the general viewing audience, they are going to have to make us believe that she chemistry and interest with someone other than Bentley from the very beginning or everyone will think that F1 is just the default guy, like with Jesse. I think that might be why we are seeing so much of JP from early on and not anything about Ben. Of course, they could be setting JP up as the transitional guy and not the rebound guy......which would put it in Ben's corner.

I do think they are bringing Bentley back, not just for more drama, but to show that she has closure, that absence hasn't made her heart grow fonder and that she is ready and already has moved on, yada, yada, yada. The way it was left with Bentley, everyone will still think that she is pining away for him and would try to hook up with him if she could after the show.

As someone mentioned in another thread, is it a coincidence that Bentley comes back on the same episode that JP has his second 1:1 date with Ashley? Or, are they building a storyline that she chooses the guy that is always her rock and is always there for her. I don't think we know which order JP's date is with the Bentley Show returning, so this could be totally irrelevant.

Comments, please!!

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm sure a lot of Ashley's insecurities were revealed in the psychological test. I think she has a lot more insecurities than Ali.

Well, perhaps she just had different insecurities. Let's face it, the girl had to go through some grueling undergrad courses and some competition of her own to get into an IVY dental school. Once your in the door the academic competitiveness begins and is continual.
Let's not forget her dancing skills and how she has probably had to go through many competitions and auditions.
This girl is talented and smart. She is beautiful. That's not to say she might have many insecurities when it comes to the opposite sex, especially if the characteristics she desires in a mate are out of her comfort zone.
Yes, the psych testing would clearly delineate these things, both her strengths and weaknesses. And then, of course TPTB use these to their advantage.

All excellent points Kasha and Laurean. Plus add in lots and lots and lots of alcohol. wine

BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 pm

@Jeepers wrote:
San wrote:
@Jeepers wrote:Still think it is a start over situation. Everything past now was all to highlight 2 guys. . The good guy and the bad guy .. Bad guy leaves and the future will be changing ? Starting Monday

Well I'm going with that too then ~ It's the only thing that makes sense right now. :Nod: yes

From comments said and actions that we are already made aware of, I really think it is like a restart for her and the other F4 guys will become pretty apparent over the next 2 episodes. She is going to change direction just like she said would happen. There will be an F1 and good chance it won't be JP

Jeepers... we are totally on the same page!! I think Ashley is going to "reboot" after Bentley's departure and "start over". Everything we know about date placements etc are going out the window because JP is esentially her first date again. Does that make sense? At this point... based on all the things we have seen, I would be surprised if JP is the F1. Not that it matters to me because I like both JP and Ben F. They are handing us JP on a silver platter just like Chantal... and we all know how that turned out.

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Rego was already slated to leave early (not early enough for him). Frank was slated to be the potential F1 that broke her heart by leaving her at the last minute - two different storylines = lots of drama. Somehow they had something over Frank's head that kept him that long, since we know he wanted to leave way before that.

With Bent - it was never going to be about him actually being F1 - they knew he was going to leave early, I'm convinced he was hired to play that role and spew all that nastiness - Ash was never supposed to fall for him - they likely had Michelle send the text - they had Chris try and talk sense into her - it didn't work, she fell for him anyway.....she moves on, they bring him back....what a mess.

I find it difficult to believe that they didn't understand how naive, inexperienced, and unworldly Ashley really is. :no:
It would take someone like Michelle or Roslyn to handle a con man like Bentley. Ashley was simpley out of her element.

Also, I think they did Ashley a complete disservice by recruiting guys who did not know the Bachelorette ahead of time. She is cute enough and has enough going for her professionally in her own right to have attracted 25 quality guys without bringing on a bunch who were expecting the beautiful Emily or the sexy Chantal.

Yeah, in reading what Jeff had to say, only a handful of guys were into her, and I have a feeling that ultimately she figured out which ones they were (albeit with some major missteps along the way), and they are pretty much her F4. They are maybe not the most "drop dead gorgeous" of the bunch, but I have a feeling that they are all sincere, good guys, and not the typical "player" types (or just there to party) that many of the other guys seem to be at first glance. Maybe that accounts for the seeming total shift in frontrunners (with the exception of JP) from the first 3 episodes to the end.

Jeff may be ridiculed for wearing the mask, but he's revealed a few important tidbits to us ~ especially the piece about only a few being interested. His perception on how it would have been better for Ashley had the men known she was bachelorette was probably something many of the men felt, regardless of their attraction to her.

Ashley has made the comment ~ similar to many of the leads ~ that she started out thinking she wanted one thing, only to realize what was important was how someone made her feel (my paraphrase). I agree with those that state she had to regroup. She had to regroup not only to potentially find "love", but to simply finish the show. How that regrouping looks is yet to be seen by us.

I agree that Bentley's presence will be felt for awhile yet, but how she reacts to him in Hong Kong will be telling.

I can't decide on how Ashley really feels about JP. I just think there's been too much manipulation in the editor's attempt to tell their story and perpetuate drama to know for certain what's going on in her head. There has been too much splicing to determine with certainty what she's saying in VO's about JP or Bentley (comments interchanged about the two men). We also know that TPTB are wanting her to tell us how embarrassed and hurt she is when she does her interviews? For what purpose?

The next few epi's will be interesting!

jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm sure a lot of Ashley's insecurities were revealed in the psychological test. I think she has a lot more insecurities than Ali.

Well, perhaps she just had different insecurities. Let's face it, the girl had to go through some grueling undergrad courses and some competition of her own to get into an IVY dental school. Once your in the door the academic competitiveness begins and is continual.
Let's not forget her dancing skills and how she has probably had to go through many competitions and auditions.
This girl is talented and smart. She is beautiful. That's not to say she might have many insecurities when it comes to the opposite sex, especially if the characteristics she desires in a mate are out of her comfort zone.
Yes, the psych testing would clearly delineate these things, both her strengths and weaknesses. And then, of course TPTB use these to their advantage.

Kashathediva

Female Posts : 21697

Back to top Go down

Post by LaureanT on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:49 am

I'm sure a lot of Ashley's insecurities were revealed in the psychological test. I think she has a lot more insecurities than Ali.

LaureanT

Female Posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum