Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by northernviewer on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Right - JP got the epi 3 date - but who would've gotten it if he won the epi 2 coin toss??
I think Mickey would probably have gotten it....just because of the coin toss thing.

I'm hoping the reason that Bentley didn't get a date was that somebody on staff... not MF naturally...had a heart and that although they couldn't tell her that Bentley was such a creep, they did try to protect her a little by not setting up a date with him.

northernviewer

Female Posts : 4504
Join date : 2011-03-23
Location : Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Alanna on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Right - JP got the epi 3 date - but who would've gotten it if he won the epi 2 coin toss??

They could have just reshot it until JP lost and Mickey won. Not that hard.

Bloomers, I agree with you about Ashley having a different agenda than TPTB. If Ashley had her way, Bentley, not Ben or JP, would have been getting the ep3 1:1.

Alanna

Posts : 14511
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

@anders wrote:Right - JP got the epi 3 date - but who would've gotten it if he won the epi 2 coin toss??

That is a good point, and something I never thought about! Maybe Mickey would have got it because he lost the coin toss, but then that would definitely throw out the theory of the F1 getting a date in epi 3. I don't know? scratch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 am

Right - JP got the epi 3 date - but who would've gotten it if he won the epi 2 coin toss??

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Bloomers on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Could it be that he was cast to be the F4, but Ashley fell in love and therefore he ended up being her F1?


Love_Me, that is kind of how i took it's meaning :yes:
the reference that JP "lost to the coin toss" thru me off as to what it meant. That was before his 1 on 1, etc. and I didn't get how that meant F4 at that point in time. no idea So does that mean he replaced Mickey in the F4???

If JP was "supposed to be F4" then why did he get the coveted Episode 3 one on one date? scratch


So, if JP won the coin toss who was supposed to get the date at her house? Seems to me having a coin toss for the coveted episode 3 1:1 date completely lost its significance.

Frankly? I think to this point Ashley had one agenda, and the producers had another for her.

Option #1 and option #2 for Bachelorette were gone, so they went with Ashley for Bachelorette. Ashley as a dentist -and as a professional woman - looked liked a good angle to Fleiss. However, there were a few inherent problems here.

Ashley never truly fell in love with Brad. Chris Harrison had to try hard to convince her that she did. The storyline never convinced us. Most of the audience liked Ashley, but they didn't have enough story there for us to really bond and connect to her in the way that was necessary for the next Bachelorette.

Ashley is cute, perky, and spunky. She obviously is highly intelligent, or she would not have the education that she has; however, I do not think she has the dating experience necessary to pull this off because she has - of a necessity - spent her head in the books.
She did have a long relationship evidently with the guy who died, but that didn't mean that she knows how guys act and what to expect. It just means she knows that one guy pretty well....
Therefore, she IS in over her head, and she is insecure!

I think Ashley may have started off well. I believe she perhaps gave the producers a top 6 in mind which included most of our F4 and Bentley, plus Will and maybe Mickey minus one of the F4. They were ok with that knowing that Bentley was the drama, and he was not going the distance.

What they never counted on was that she would fall head over heels in fascination, lust, like, crush, semi-love, or what ever you want to call it where she thought Bentley was going to be the one at the end of it all, and she did fall! hmmm duh affraid

I think they went ahead and began setting up the dates with what they thought (their agenda) was the F4 for her based on some of the guys she had given them, but most certainly not Bently. Remember now, that they make the dates. Sometimes the Bachelorette has some sayso in the dates, and sometimes she does not. Sometimes, she just gets what she gets. Otherwise, Ashley would have had a date with Bentley!

This is why I think William was supposed to have been in the original F4 and perhaps F3 like Frank/Ashley. In fact, I think before William shot himself in the foot, he was supposed to have been the "lovable F3" with those dimples and winsome smile and boyish looks.

JP got that 3rd Ep date because the producers were trying to put Ashley back on track, and that was their agenda, even if it was not particularly her agenda.
Remember, that Ashley had not shown good judgment, even if we cut her all kinds of kindness and understanding. She had a warning from a former housemate who had NO reason whatsoever to lie to her about Bentley....and regardless of what we think of Chris Harrison, he was looking out for his own hide. He knew he would be the one who was going to catch it from the fans for letting the Bacheloette suffer at the hands of Bentley. He kept trying to talk Ashley out of Bentley, but she was not going to let him go! :no:

In conclusion, I think this is a case of Ashley had one agenda, and the producers had another agenda. They pulled rank on her.
BTW, I don't know what position JP was supposed to be!

Bloomers

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Hotmomma on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Can't it just be that she didn't realize she had an attraction to Ben...or Dino...or Ames...until a bit into the filming? Maybe she truly discovered she had feelings for them later. Or her initial attraction to some (William, Ryan, etc) just fizzled...that stuff happens in real life all the time. You think someone is great, have 1 or 2 dates, then realize...no way!
Nutty lets say that is true..They would still seem to have to build their story starting from the beginning..NO? Just trying to figure out the edit and the story they are telling...No favorites here..

I see what you're saying...unless there is not a whole lot to show, because she wasn't interested until later. I don't know, I just feel like this was The Bentley Show for 3 episodes, so everything (everyone) else was overlooked.

Excellent point, Hotmomma, that the storyline needs to be built. There was a love story between Ashley and Brad, but it was barely shown. So much editing is going on that they refuse to show us. e.g. so much edited out of Ali's and Roberto's time together. Typically they do not want to give the answer away too soon on who is F1.

We do need to look for a guy who has a storyline that indicates something needs to be overcome, and it cannot be solved too early.
That was because it wasn't part of the F1 story line..That is what I am trying to say..Doesn't matter that she was gaga over Bentley and that is THEIR" story that the editors want to tell the first 3 epi's..However we know she doesn't end up with him therefore they have to show the F1 some to build their story.Now they may NOT be up front and center but usually we see something of them in each epi..even if its a PI or Pre RC saying hi for heaven's sake..And it would seem that they would atleast have a 1:1 in the first epi..or an intro..so far the only person other than Bentley that has both 1:1 intro and has talk to the lead in some way or another is JP..NOW am I sold 100% its him No..Just trying to figure out the story that they are trying to tell....I know maybe she is starting over this epi..but would would seem we would at least know a little bit about the f1?I do understand that they like to build the f2 -f2 up in our face..and kinda keep the f1 underwraps a bit..So maybe it will become more clear..

Hotmomma

Posts : 4832
Join date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:In episode 3 there is lots of scenes that was shot after the season ended just some of the clothes choice dont match up with what she was wearing in the scene.

that only means they were shot out of sequence, not necessarily that they were shot post-season. We've seen PIs in Fiji talking about dates in epi 2 &3.

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
San wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Still think it is a start over situation. Everything past now was all to highlight 2 guys. . The good guy and the bad guy .. Bad guy leaves and the future will be changing ? Starting Monday

Well I'm going with that too then ~ It's the only thing that makes sense right now. :Nod: yes

From comments said and actions that we are already made aware of, I really think it is like a restart for her and the other F4 guys will become pretty apparent over the next 2 episodes. She is going to change direction just like she said would happen. There will be an F1 and good chance it won't be JP

I've seen you post this several times - can you predict who you think will be F1? So you think JP is a wash because he happened pre-reboot? I get your point of view - I just don't want to throw out JP just yet - I want to see more of his edit. I know many cooed over their 1:1 = I saw red flags - so, I'm open to seeing if Ben F could be the one.

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Could it be that he was cast to be the F4, but Ashley fell in love and therefore he ended up being her F1?


Love_Me, that is kind of how i took it's meaning :yes:
the reference that JP "lost to the coin toss" thru me off as to what it meant. That was before his 1 on 1, etc. and I didn't get how that meant F4 at that point in time. no idea So does that mean he replaced Mickey in the F4???

If JP was "supposed to be F4" then why did he get the coveted Episode 3 one on one date? scratch


So, if JP won the coin toss who was supposed to get the date at her house? Seems to me having a coin toss for the coveted episode 3 1:1 date completely lost its significance.

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thanks, Bloomers for your incredible insight. I too feel that it is way too soon for tptb to be pushing the F1 in our face, much like they did with Chantel. Right off the bat it was Chantel on Brad's season out in front and she was the F2.

JP though is given a lot of hurdles to overcome. He loses the coin toss, he gets the date after Bently, the "wanted most" guy (as per the cover of People mag) leaves.He also has another 1-1 date in Hong Kong but coincidentally that is when Bently, the "wanted most" guy returns at the request of Ashley. JP doesn't seem to have it too easy.

Also, who knows how far they take this Bently thing. I wonder what they have in store for him down the road. He returns then leaves again. They have someone now more hated than Brad to maybe play up as the next bach. They know they would get ratings up the wazooo because people like watching this bad stuff and women are crazy enough to find this appealing in spite of what you read. Just my crazy thinking though.

On another note, does anyone know when Ashley's boyfriend died? Was it right before she went on the show with Brad? I wonder because it is what she said in one of her PI's about having enough time to fall in love again.


I am starting to think that Bentley IS the story this year, even moreseo than Ashley finding love. The way this is playing out in the media is that it looks doubtful that Ashley will have a happy ending because she is hopelessly in love with Bentley. I think she will be shown mooning over him in every episode until he returns in episode 6, and even after she gets her "closure", the story will become whether there is enough time to fall in love with somebody not named Bentley (and his name will be mentioned all the way through until the end). I think the producers believe that the surprise of Ashley actually getting engaged to somebody not named Bentley (whether it be JP or Ben or somebody else) will make better TV than actually showing us how she fell in love with SNNB.

didn't they do the same thing with Frank though?? They made it seem like Ali was all about Frank and she was completely devastated when he left and that's why it was easy to believe she was single after the FRC. I don't presume to know the outcome, just the tricks MF likes to play.

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by reason on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:40 am

Ben F has said since his father past away he has been close off to everyone, I would think he has a little of emily side of needing to opening up again.


Last edited by reason on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

reason

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by BlondieGal on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Can't it just be that she didn't realize she had an attraction to Ben...or Dino...or Ames...until a bit into the filming? Maybe she truly discovered she had feelings for them later. Or her initial attraction to some (William, Ryan, etc) just fizzled...that stuff happens in real life all the time. You think someone is great, have 1 or 2 dates, then realize...no way!
Nutty lets say that is true..They would still seem to have to build their story starting from the beginning..NO? Just trying to figure out the edit and the story they are telling...No favorites here..

I see what you're saying...unless there is not a whole lot to show, because she wasn't interested until later. I don't know, I just feel like this was The Bentley Show for 3 episodes, so everything (everyone) else was overlooked.

Excellent point, Hotmomma, that the storyline needs to be built. There was a love story between Ashley and Brad, but it was barely shown. So much editing is going on that they refuse to show us. e.g. so much edited out of Ali's and Roberto's time together. Typically they do not want to give the answer away too soon on who is F1.

We do need to look for a guy who has a storyline that indicates something needs to be overcome, and it cannot be solved too early.

BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:41 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 3 - 6/6 - Discussion - Spoilers

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum