Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 5 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by albean99 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:37 am

I also think that if Ben is f1, we'll see why in the edit of the FD's and again in the finale. Unfortunately it will be hard to tell the difference between that and giving JP more doubt that he's the f1. Fleiss has us where he wants us either way. :awesome:

albean99
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 11538
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Kelad9 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think Ben F could have carried the season in a supporting role the way Chris L and Reid did so I agree with ironcat there (I added Reid in there myself though). It's not because Ben F's not a funny, smart, attractive guy because I think he is. It's because when the cameras were around he seemed to live a little more in his own head space. There's nothing wrong with that except for TV purposes. The producers did take a couple moments where he showed his personality: with Dino at the boat race when they weren't taking the process seriously in a really hilarious way, and then with his family and in PIs when he got back home. Maybe Ben F got more open as the show went on since Ashley H did say she was expecting his family to be loud and goofy like he was and they didn't show us his whole costume bit. But we didn't get to see that because they wanted to show his sensitive side.

I think they could have edited Ben differently if they wanted to make Ben "appealing" as the next lead. This is actually one of the reasons that make me feel he is in fact the F1. IMO, JP is getting the next Bach edit, because he will be suitably heart-broken and the viewers (witnessed by the overwhelming support for JP) have really been shown his raw emotions and anxiety on his journey through the show.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
From an edit standpoint any Ashley-BenF love story will get tarnished and look second best to the Ashley-JP love story so if that's the way you're looking at it then the love story is 'tarnished' no matter what. I happen to think that the Bent storyline was resolved and put to bed so it's not tarnishing any love story any more. And if by some chance Ben F is F1 then I expect they'll try to resolve and put to bed the Ashley-JP love story quickly in the next 2 episodes so it doesn't tarnish the love story.

I actually think that any pairing that comes from this show will have the ghost of Bentley hanging over them a little. I also agree that the next two episodes are key.

I agree. I really liked the little that we saw of Ben's personality in Hong Kong when he was with dino in the boat race. Such a shame the editors had to completely make him less appealing. Same goes for Dino and some of the other guys this season. I think JP was the only one that's gotten an edit where we
got to see most of his personality and chemistry with Ashley.

I also agree that any pairing out of this season will have not only Bentley to deal with but also the chemistry edit that Ashley has with JP if JP is not F1. They'll have to work through that as well.

I'm happy as long as everyone on the show is happy afterwards and doesn't seem to be heartbroken much. Smiley

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1108
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 38
Location : Florida

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by chicagoowl on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I disagree, by starting their love story AFTER Bentley left, their love story doesn't get tarnished by Bentley. JP as F1 whatever way you look at it looks to be second best and Ashley settling. JMO

JP is the guy who always protected Ashley against him and restored her faith in men because he was there whenever she needed him. If that's "settling" then congrats to Ashley.

Also, who is putting Ben down? I thought JP was the abusive psycho who kicks puppies around here? :greenman:

Let me see. How about the mega posts on Ben preferring Constantine to Ashley? Then there's Ben being depressed and/or on drugs. He's being criticized for flirting with Bachelorettes on Twitter that never happened. Pretty much everything he does post-show is being picked apart. I don't mind people wanting to show why their guy is f1 but it's gotten crazy.

I haven't seen that with JP. The comments about his jealousy was based on the show edit. Fans may think too much was made of it but not everyone was talking about what he's like irl but as a potential f1 edit. I don't find JP the least bit interesting or attractive but I try to avoid comments about his looks because it's subjective and I don't know the real guy's personality.

Titou, it's not that someone can't mention in Ben's forum but the whole board seems overwhelmed with JP love so it's nice to have a little Ben haven where we don't have to hear why JP is "the one". :Nod:

Albean, you should feel free to voice your opinion anywhere and shout to the rooftops how awesome Ben is... and JP fans have that same right. None of us know Ben or JP. We think we know them based on the edits, but we don't really know them. We are all making comments about their personality based on their edit. We all are drawn to one personality or another.... I try not to take it personally, if someone doesn't like my favorite. ... this is just a reality show spoiler board. When all is said in done we will go on about our lives and so will Ben, Ashley and JP. Smiley

chicagoowl

Female Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Reidiscool on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think Ben F could have carried the season in a supporting role the way Chris L and Reid did so I agree with ironcat there (I added Reid in there myself though). It's not because Ben F's not a funny, smart, attractive guy because I think he is. It's because when the cameras were around he seemed to live a little more in his own head space. There's nothing wrong with that except for TV purposes. The producers did take a couple moments where he showed his personality: with Dino at the boat race when they weren't taking the process seriously in a really hilarious way, and then with his family and in PIs when he got back home. Maybe Ben F got more open as the show went on since Ashley H did say she was expecting his family to be loud and goofy like he was and they didn't show us his whole costume bit. But we didn't get to see that because they wanted to show his sensitive side.

I think they could have edited Ben differently if they wanted to make Ben "appealing" as the next lead. This is actually one of the reasons that make me feel he is in fact the F1. IMO, JP is getting the next Bach edit, because he will be suitably heart-broken and the viewers (witnessed by the overwhelming support for JP) have really been shown his raw emotions and anxiety on his journey through the show.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
From an edit standpoint any Ashley-BenF love story will get tarnished and look second best to the Ashley-JP love story so if that's the way you're looking at it then the love story is 'tarnished' no matter what. I happen to think that the Bent storyline was resolved and put to bed so it's not tarnishing any love story any more. And if by some chance Ben F is F1 then I expect they'll try to resolve and put to bed the Ashley-JP love story quickly in the next 2 episodes so it doesn't tarnish the love story.

I actually think that any pairing that comes from this show will have the ghost of Bentley hanging over them a little. I also agree that the next two episodes are key.

Reidiscool

Posts : 789
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Reidiscool on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I disagree, by starting their love story AFTER Bentley left, their love story doesn't get tarnished by Bentley. JP as F1 whatever way you look at it looks to be second best and Ashley settling. JMO

JP is the guy who always protected Ashley against him and restored her faith in men because he was there whenever she needed him. If that's "settling" then congrats to Ashley.

Also, who is putting Ben down? I thought JP was the abusive psycho who kicks puppies around here? :greenman:

You know I am talking about the edited story-line and not real life don't you? duh

I am too. That's exactly what happened in the edit. They even contrasted Bentley's VO how he's there for the "wrong" reasons with JP's that he "couldn't be more sincere." It's okay not to like JP, I understand everyone has their preferences, but TPTB did make him Ashley's hero this season.

I get what you're saying but I suppose I just don't personally see that JP is getting an overriding "night in shining armor" edit. In fact the competitive nature of his edit and Ash constantly questioning makes me the the viewer actually question the reality of his feelings too. Yes I see he is smitten very early on but the one-upmanship with the guys takes the shine off his edit for me. That's where we differ but. :it is all good . The fact that we all see something different means the editors have done a good job.


Reidiscool

Posts : 789
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:45 am

it's nice to have a little Ben haven where we don't have to hear why JP is "the one".

I hear ya, sister!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by albean99 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I disagree, by starting their love story AFTER Bentley left, their love story doesn't get tarnished by Bentley. JP as F1 whatever way you look at it looks to be second best and Ashley settling. JMO

JP is the guy who always protected Ashley against him and restored her faith in men because he was there whenever she needed him. If that's "settling" then congrats to Ashley.

Also, who is putting Ben down? I thought JP was the abusive psycho who kicks puppies around here? :greenman:

Let me see. How about the mega posts on Ben preferring Constantine to Ashley? Then there's Ben being depressed and/or on drugs. He's being criticized for flirting with Bachelorettes on Twitter that never happened. Pretty much everything he does post-show is being picked apart. I don't mind people wanting to show why their guy is f1 but it's gotten crazy.

I haven't seen that with JP. The comments about his jealousy was based on the show edit. Fans may think too much was made of it but not everyone was talking about what he's like irl but as a potential f1 edit. I don't find JP the least bit interesting or attractive but I try to avoid comments about his looks because it's subjective and I don't know the real guy's personality.

Titou, it's not that someone can't mention in Ben's forum but the whole board seems overwhelmed with JP love so it's nice to have a little Ben haven where we don't have to hear why JP is "the one". :Nod:


"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton

albean99
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 11538
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by cfck2222 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:30 am

I have to agree with ironcat. Since when is the producers not considering a person as having "star power" an insult? It's not. It just a reflection of what the producers thinks makes good TV - these producers are not making decisions I expect to coincide with who the good people are (when they do, it's a lucky coincidence).

Since I didn't watch Brad's season (either of them), I watched his 1-on-1 with Britt a couple days ago because I was curious about Britt. The only other time I'd seen Brad on TV was on ATFR with Emily. The thing that jumped out at me immediately is how Brad made a very charismatic lead. I could see why the producers cast him as the lead in the 1st place. Does that mean I changed my opinion of him in terms of how capable he is of having a healthy relationship? DEFINITELY NOT. It just means I could see why the producers thought he would make for a good TV show.

I don't think Ashley H has made as strong a lead. Does that mean I think she's less of a person? DEFINITELY NOT. She actually has the all around personality and a certain versatility in terms of what she can do where she should've made a good lead, but I don't think she really took to dating that many guys at the same time especially not after she knew who her F1 was.

How good a lead you make is totally independent of how good a person you are. Some good people make good leads, some make bad ones. Some not so good people make good leads, some make bad ones.

I don't think Ben F could have carried the season in a supporting role the way Chris L and Reid did so I agree with ironcat there (I added Reid in there myself though). It's not because Ben F's not a funny, smart, attractive guy because I think he is. It's because when the cameras were around he seemed to live a little more in his own head space. There's nothing wrong with that except for TV purposes. The producers did take a couple moments where he showed his personality: with Dino at the boat race when they weren't taking the process seriously in a really hilarious way, and then with his family and in PIs when he got back home. Maybe Ben F got more open as the show went on since Ashley H did say she was expecting his family to be loud and goofy like he was and they didn't show us his whole costume bit. But we didn't get to see that because they wanted to show his sensitive side.

I don't just think it's that Ben F was low key either. Ames was low key in his own way and he moved slowly but he was probably the most interesting person on the show this season. He made really good TV. It's hard to say why some people "pop" on TV and others don't. I just don't think saying one person "popped" on TV and another didn't is an insult.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I disagree, by starting their love story AFTER Bentley left, their love story doesn't get tarnished by Bentley. JP as F1 whatever way you look at it looks to be second best and Ashley settling. JMO
From an edit standpoint any Ashley-BenF love story will get tarnished and look second best to the Ashley-JP love story so if that's the way you're looking at it then the love story is 'tarnished' no matter what. I happen to think that the Bent storyline was resolved and put to bed so it's not tarnishing any love story any more. And if by some chance Ben F is F1 then I expect they'll try to resolve and put to bed the Ashley-JP love story quickly in the next 2 episodes so it doesn't tarnish the love story.

But I'm with Alanna in terms of the edit. I think the storyline is that Ashley and JP are 2 imperfect human beings whose love works because they work through things together and are there for each other.

cfck2222

Posts : 719
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Alanna on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I disagree, by starting their love story AFTER Bentley left, their love story doesn't get tarnished by Bentley. JP as F1 whatever way you look at it looks to be second best and Ashley settling. JMO

JP is the guy who always protected Ashley against him and restored her faith in men because he was there whenever she needed him. If that's "settling" then congrats to Ashley.

Also, who is putting Ben down? I thought JP was the abusive psycho who kicks puppies around here? :greenman:

You know I am talking about the edited story-line and not real life don't you? duh

I am too. That's exactly what happened in the edit. They even contrasted Bentley's VO how he's there for the "wrong" reasons with JP's that he "couldn't be more sincere." It's okay not to like JP, I understand everyone has their preferences, but TPTB did make him Ashley's hero this season.

Alanna

Posts : 14513
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by ironcat on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:25 am

alsoaktchr wrote:Ben is prolly F2, but from what I saw of him in the show, imho, to the extent that he was not on either the viewer's or the editor's radar in the way CL had been was prolly cause he was playing the "game" very differently than JP (and CL, for that matter) was.... how much of it was simply a personality difference and how much a function of the degree of interest in the lead, I can't quite discern. I think CL and JP are of similar age, no? I think that some of their intensity, which led to their moving up in the game so quickly, might stem from their really being eager to get married (no shame in that - I too hit a point where I realized, yes, THAT was what I wanted, and lo and behold, met my hubby several months later....) I think Ben was really open to the process, but determined not to force it.... a luxury of his age perhaps, or a concession to where he was in his mind as well as in his career at the time, or simply a reflection of a less "type A" personality.... (Not saying JP forced it.... but boy, he sure didn't waste a minute - was very focused....)
To be frank, I wasn't convinced that Ashley herself was really "ready to find her husband".... But she definitely seems very happy these days, so good for her.
I am certainly one who would've loved to see more of Ben's fun side....would love to watch a "Benisms" video, a la the "Reidisms" video Agentcurls (I think?) did.

You bring up some great points. I also didn't get the impression that Ben was very assertive in getting his time with Ashley in the first couple of weeks, until she sought him out on the orphanage date. Whether that's just his style, he was initially uncomfortable with the cameras, his skepticism of the process got the better of him, he was having more fun hanging out with the guys, who knows? But there was some reason why the producers decided not to use much footage of him in the first 3 episodes, and I have to assume it was because they didn't feel it would make for good TV. Whether he was F1 or F2, highlighting him more than they did wouldn't have given anything away, so I don't think that's a valid reason.

This was the point I was trying to make with my comment that set off such a firestorm apparently. Don't worry though, I won't cry about being attacked! :giggle:

ironcat

Posts : 4908
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Reidiscool on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I disagree, by starting their love story AFTER Bentley left, their love story doesn't get tarnished by Bentley. JP as F1 whatever way you look at it looks to be second best and Ashley settling. JMO

JP is the guy who always protected Ashley against him and restored her faith in men because he was there whenever she needed him. If that's "settling" then congrats to Ashley.

Also, who is putting Ben down? I thought JP was the abusive psycho who kicks puppies around here? :greenman:

You know I am talking about the edited story-line and not real life don't you? duh

Reidiscool

Posts : 789
Join date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Alanna on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I disagree, by starting their love story AFTER Bentley left, their love story doesn't get tarnished by Bentley. JP as F1 whatever way you look at it looks to be second best and Ashley settling. JMO

JP is the guy who always protected Ashley against him and restored her faith in men because he was there whenever she needed him. If that's "settling" then congrats to Ashley.

Also, who is putting Ben down? I thought JP was the abusive psycho who kicks puppies around here? :greenman:

Alanna

Posts : 14513
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:53 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 47 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 Videos - Discussion - Thread #2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum