SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

Page 28 of 53 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

Post by DMBFan Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Not sure where to ask this - do we know where the LCD dates are filmed this season?

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

Post by JBF Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:40 pm

chicagoowl wrote:
I agree. Who were CH's "5 to watch"? Is there a link somewhere? I'm curious as to what he said about Ben. F.

Brought over from another thread...

cupcakes wrote:For future reference:

The Bachelorette
ASHLEY'S SEASON - Ben mentioned (twice)
Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 Bens10

DEANNA'S SEASON - F2 mentioned
Jason, 31: "He's a single dad," Chris says of the account executive from Kirkland, Wash. "When he tells DeAnna about it, her reaction is pretty interesting."
Ryan, 28: A professional football player from Lakeville, Minn., Ryan is "a virgin saving himself for marriage," Chris reveals.
Richard, 27: The science teacher from Binghamton, N.Y., "falls in love with DeAnna pretty quickly," Chris says.
Graham, 29: This professional basketball player from Raleigh, N.C., has a mysterious side. "He plays the shy card, which attracts De Anna even more," Chris explains.
Ron, 36: "He isn't afraid to confront the guys about their intentions and what they think about De Anna," Chris says of the Kansas City, Mo., barbershop owner.

JILLIAN'S SEASON - F2 mentioned
Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 2en9c410

ALI'S SEASON - F2 mentioned
Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 2h570411Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 296gpz10

The Bachelor
MATT' SEASON - F1 and F3 mentioned
Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 B52mte

JAKE'S SEASON - F3 and F4 mentioned
Rozlyn, Michelle K, Ella, Gia, Elizabeth, and Ali were highlighted.

JASON'S SEASON - F3 mentioned
Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 867a

BRAD'S 2ND SEASON - F2 mentioned
Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 Okmag110
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Well gee, I am starting to think the highlighting is more about who they want as the next lead. Who da thunk it? LOL

Jason
Jillian
Ben
CL
Ali
Chantal
Kip
I don't MF was too involved with Matt's season.

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 28 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:10 pm

richlp wrote:A minor alteration in your theory...

bing2262 wrote:Just for fun, I want to play Devil's Advocate today and speculate on the selfish reasons or ulterior motives of the last 10 contestants of Bachelorette season 7 for coming on the show. This is assuming their motive was not to find love with Ashley.Disclaimer......this is purely a cynical exercise and should be taken with a grain of salt:-)

10.William-to gain hollywood exposure and land Saturday Night Live or comedy club gig
9.Nick-to get a lots of clients and book a workout deal
8.Mickey-to get TV deal with the Food Network or TV cooking show
7.Blake-to get more dental patients
6.Lucas-to get over his bitter divorce and travel out of TX
5.Ryan-to promote his solar based company
4.Ames-to see if he might want to buy this franchise
3.Constantine-to promote their family restaurant
2.Ben- free advertising for his winery /wines
1.JP-to get over a break-up and promote his new real estate dev't business venture

Rich......Why do you think Ames would want to buy the franchise? D you think he is rich enough to do it?He went on to do Bachelor Pad, why do you think he did it?He seems to have enjoyed the Bachelor experience.
bing2262
bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 pm

bing2262 wrote:
richlp wrote:A minor alteration in your theory...

bing2262 wrote:Just for fun, I want to play Devil's Advocate today and speculate on the selfish reasons or ulterior motives of the last 10 contestants of Bachelorette season 7 for coming on the show. This is assuming their motive was not to find love with Ashley.Disclaimer......this is purely a cynical exercise and should be taken with a grain of salt:-)

10.William-to gain hollywood exposure and land Saturday Night Live or comedy club gig
9.Nick-to get a lots of clients and book a workout deal
8.Mickey-to get TV deal with the Food Network or TV cooking show
7.Blake-to get more dental patients
6.Lucas-to get over his bitter divorce and travel out of TX
5.Ryan-to promote his solar based company
4.Ames-to see if he might want to buy this franchise
3.Constantine-to promote their family restaurant
2.Ben- free advertising for his winery /wines
1.JP-to get over a break-up and promote his new real estate dev't business venture

Rich......Why do you think Ames would want to buy the franchise? D you think he is rich enough to do it?He went on to do Bachelor Pad, why do you think he did it?He seems to have enjoyed the Bachelor experience.

Just a tongue-in-cheek reference to his seemingly aristocratic background... don't read too much into it... lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 pm

ironcat wrote:
Samantharose wrote:
albean99 wrote:
ironcat wrote:
albean99 wrote:This isn't addressed to anyone in particular but do think there's an element of rewriting history this season. Ashley was clearly very into Bentley from the beginning and really wasn't paying as much attention to the other guys while he was there and even right after he left. She did have chemistry with JP early on however I don't believe it meant she was as far along as many think and there are still other guys on her mind at this point. There was something between Ashley & Ben starting at the orphanage date and continuing at their 1 on 1 date. Ashley not only appeared to have a great time but was very flirty with Ben and even seemed smitten. I think Ashley is still feeling out things with different guys and even though JP is a frontrunner, I wouldn't totally discount anyone else.

I don't think we should look at the season from how it ends according to RS or even sleuthing but where it is now. I think the editing is so strange and we don't know everything about what happens later in the season so there could be some surprises along the way. Don't be too quick to say it's over and put this season to bed. You might miss something. :Nod:

If what you're saying is what really happened, why do you think the editors chose to tell the story so much from JP's perspective, causing the vast majority of fans (over 90% I'm hearing) to support him, and kept Ben so much in the background until the last 4 episodes, if this was not really the way things were playing out on the ground? Do you think that was a wise editing decision? And why did CH specifically tell us before the premiere that Ben would be the one the audience fell in love with, and then the show is edited in such a way that a large portion of the audience is almost unaware of him for the whole first half of it?

You'd have to ask Fleiss but he's never been one to hand us the f1 on a platter. He loves nothing better but to hide them until closer until the end. Part of JP's popularity may be editing but we can't totally discount the spoilers which are everywhere. Re Ben: the season isn't over yet and people are already falling in love with him so will probably continue Monday with his 1 on 1 date. He seems to be popular on Twitter as is JP.

I don't believe Fleiss cares all that much about making the viewers happy or he wouldn't throw his leads and f1 under the bus as he has in the past. He's more about the drama. 🇳🇴

I think Fleiss is in a little different situation this time. He miscalculated the Bentley stuff, made his lead look foolish, and ratings have dropped significantly. He has to find a way to draw viewers back in and imho continuing to throw Ashley under the bus won't do. They have to start rehabbing her image so viewers actually care about her and her journey.

I agree that for a number of seasons, Fleiss' attitude was more about the drama/shocking result than about ending up with a couple the audience would embrace. That's not the way the franchise started off, but I suspect after so many disappointments of couples breaking up almost immediately, he decided to go the other route. However, due to Ali's success, Fleiss has now seen that if he can end up with an actual engagement the audience is happy about and willing to follow post show, it is worth A LOT of publicity to him, and probably ultimately trumps the value of the outrageous ending. I suspect that's why the editing on Brad's season, despite the early Chantal spoiler that did tend to send many of us looking in the wrong direction, went the way it did. It wasn't a shocking ending to the unspoiled fan at all. Emily was clearly expected to be the fan favorite, and as such was presented with no flaws (yes, some say no personality as well), her tragic backstory was sure to pull at the average viewer's heartstrings, and the majority of viewers expected her to be F1 and were thrilled when she ended so (of course that only lasted a short time until ATFR). Obviously it was not possible for Brad and Emily to take over the mantle from Ali and Roberto and promote the success of the show as a result. But I suspect that Fleiss would like a successful, real couple to go out and promote his show if possible, as he has seen the benefits he has reaped from Ali, and may be more inclined to go this route from now on, rather than leave the audience in stunned disbelief, and with a couple that the majority couldn't care less about.
Great post, Ironcat. Also a real love story gives the show more credibility. It just doesn't happen that often on this show, but when it does it's a gold mine for MF. He knows that many of us who watch are romantics who hope for the love story in the end, not the trainwreck. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Wow... thanks JBF and Cupcakes for the info about the 5 to watch from each season! bowdown

Very interesting that the F1s aren't ever mentioned. I guess they need to pump up interest in a possible future Bachelor candidate. It'll be interesting to see who is in the running to be the next TB by the edits the next few episodes.
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:40 pm

As noobsleuth suggests, next season of The Bachelor should be subtitled "Who da thunk it?" or "Who wouda thunk it?"
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:52 pm

JBF wrote:As noobsleuth suggests, next season of The Bachelor should be subtitled "Who da thunk it?" or "Who wouda thunk it?"

Seriously, I giggled when I saw BenF say this.Why did the TPTB not edit that ? I guess they wanted us to see the contestant's flaws. Maybe Ben was trying to be funny. LOL.
bing2262
bing2262

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Chris Harrison's Blog referring to Episode 6 in Hongkong:
" It will absolutely shape everything that will happen the rest of this season and maybe the rest of Ashley’s life "

Ashley's statement in Episode 6:
"Tonight is the reason it needed to happen" referring to her relationship and date with JP which is the reason she needed closure with Bentley.

Plus exploding chemistry, passionate kisses,VOs and PIs,vlogs of a happy/upbeat JP vs dull/unethusiastic Ben , tweets, pictures and numerous signs and clues etc,etc.

I do not need RS or confused Fijiman to tell me.I am convinced without a shadow of doubt that Ashey picked JP:-)

Last edited by bing2262 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
bing2262
bing2262

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:21 pm

JBF wrote:As noobsleuth suggests, next season of The Bachelor should be subtitled "Who da thunk it?" or "Who wouda thunk it?"

OOps yes "Who wouda thunk it?" is what I was going for haha
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:29 pm

bing2262 wrote:Chris Harrison's Blog referring to Episode 6 in Hongkong:
" It will absolutely shape everything that will happen the rest of this season and maybe the rest of Ashley’s life "

Ashley's statement in Episode 6:
"Tonight is the reason it needed to happen" referring to her relationship and date with JP which is the reason she needed closure with Bentley.

Plus exploding chemistry, passionate kisses,VOs and PIs,vlogs of a happy/upbeat JP vs dull/unethusiastic Ben , tweets, pictures and numerous signs and clues etc,etc.

I do not need RS or confused Fijiman to tell me.I am convinced beyond a shadow of doubt that Ashey picked JP:-)

Good Post I agree
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 53 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 General Discussion - Thread #2

+83
kdubs_ca
moflan
Cecilia
Nativenewyorker
LibbyBell