SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Page 23 of 46 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by albean99 Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:22 am

luvlady345 wrote:
albean99 wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:Since we are discussing edit I think you should look at the edit for the bachelorette as much as possible since this is the female lead.......

Mederith chose Ian her Chemistry/physical edit over Matt her emotional/stable edit guy..

Ali chose Roberto her Chemistry/physical/ hot edit over emotional Chris

Deanna chose Jesse but would have been Granham his edit was physical vs Jason who was stable/emotionally..

So for what I am seeing the femal leads tend to pick chemistry/lust over emtionally connection most of the time...

Having chemistry and the chemistry edit is different imo. They did everything they could to hide the chemistry between Meredith & Ian and in fact a ton of viewers thought she was going to pick Matthew. Ian's edit was more that he was a wanderer and wouldn't propose. There was chemistry with Roberto but he was largely hidden and it was actually Frank that we saw having chemistry with Ali plus he appeared to break her heart. I think he was supposed to be f2 which is why Chris L's edit was so confusing. You can't really use DeAnna because the editing was based on Graham leaving 4th. It's hard to say what his edit would have been if he was the f1. I think if JP is the f1 there will have to be an attempt to scale back on showing him and the chemistry as much. Maybe he will pull back. There's lots of editing to be done so we'll all have to see what happens. I just think it's too easy to jump on the bandwagon based mostly on RS and chemistry. Maybe there's a change on how they edit this season but right now I get the feeling that RS has been Fleissed yet again and someone else, probably Ben F, is the f1.

It's funny to me when poster say that people are on someone's bandwagon because of RS.....I just take a small offense at that Smiley, because I know for me I alwyas look at the first episode spoiler free come to my conclusion of who I like, my gut opinion and then go from there, I like JP this season from the first night an I am stcking with him, no matter what spoilers come or go......

I just think you can't have it both ways when it comes to edit....Chemistry is just chemistry, I remember the Matt's fans saying the same things about Ian was too in your face and he has the chemistry edit etc....The same think with Roberto in Ali's season so no matter what else the edit has going on, Ian/Roberto they were still editted has having the most chemistry with the lead, same as JP.....

Where did I say that anyone was on JP's bandwagon because of RS? I just said that I think RS may have been Fleissed with his f1 pick. I think the JP love probably started before RS put out his f1 spoiler although not sure what affect knowing he was in the f4 through sleuthing or spoilers had. I think it affected the number of people who loved Reid and Chris L early on before we even saw much of them. I remember watching Reid early because I knew he was in the f3 and thinking it was strange based on what we saw. (I'm not saying they wouldn't have had fans without spoilers but it may have taken a little longer) I understand liking JP and even thinking there are a lot of reasons he could be f1. I just don't agree that it's for sure him. I'm not even sure it's Ben F and not a completely different guy until we see more of the edit. There are a lot of shows left and we saw JP's and Ryan's change in the last one so who knows what we'll see with Ben F and the other guys.

Edited to add that I wonder if the reason I don't really have a favorite among the f2 or 3 is that I didn't read the spoilers until more recently. I'm not invested in any of them so I'm looking at the edit differently. Doesn't mean I'm right but feel like I'm less biased than usual this season. :A-okay:
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by BlondieGal Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 am

Exceptional post Jelle! :yes:

In my looking at the edit, it is not what pattern follows past seasons rather what makes sense for the story line. Who has the growing story line through out the show? What are the scripted voice overs saying from which guy that is heard from the season's previews at the end of the first show? Who has what to over come?

Past F1, F2, F3, F4 positions have been upset due to various factors since Brad's first season ~

*DeAnna wanted Graham as F1, Jeremy F2, Jesse F3 and Jason F4. It truly was a mixed up season when Graham took himself out. Producers bringing back Jeremy so De could reconsider him.
*Jason's (producers') switch-a-roo after the FRC.
*The producers bringing back Reid at Jillian's FRC so that she could reconsider him.
*Matt Grant falling for a staffer during the season and having to finish the show when that relationship was not allowed to continue. In addition he wanted Noelle as F3 but allowed himself to be talked into bringing Amanda to that position even though he could not stand her.
*Ali dropping out at F4 instead of going to F2 against Vienna in Jake's season.
*Frank taking himself out at F3 (although he wanted out earlier) instead of F2.
*Brad dismissing Ashley at F3 instead of his intended F2.

It seems that it is an odd event for the F1, F2, F3, F4 to leave as originally intended by the star.
BlondieGal
BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:26 am

noobsleuth wrote:I have no comment regarding physical edits and confident PI's. The main thing that screams JP as F1 right now over is we know who he is and he has already been pitted against Bentley.

We could argue all day that maybe Ashley said this and that about Ben and maybe they had ? number of magical kisses but frankly and not to sound harsh but usually if MF doesn't let us see a contestant it's because in the end they don't matter.

Ben will have a great date next week and MF will let us see their relationship deepen because he is in the F2. But if this was the story of Ben and Ashley ...well he missed a few episodes. Episode 5 is way to late for anything to be "starting". (edit wise)

Completely agree with this post. They HAVE to show JP's connection with Ashley early on to counteract Bentley's fiasco ( IMO Ashley was way more into JP than Bentley from the get go). JP's insecurities were shown this week because it fits in with Bentley coming back, it's all part of that storyline. When it comes to Ben F, IMO, I haven't felt yet that he's that much into Ashley at all, on the other hand I see JP and Ashley's connection on the level that Roberto and Ali had even though Ali was very attracted to Frank also.

Someone mentioned Ryan and Trista. During that season, Ryan was as much in the forefront as Charlie was. They showed him having 1 on 1 time from the M&G and in every show. He also had an earlier 1 on 1 date than Ben F. They were developing that story from the very beginning. Ben has been non existent right up to this past episode. I'm anxiously waiting for their 1 on 1 to see if there is some semblance of a possible F1 relationship on Monday.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:10 am

^^^ So far JP is the only one with a viable connection to Ashley. But they have shown him to be participating in some of the drama, joining in the bad-mouthing of others etc. shown to be jealous etc. They normally don't show the F1 with so many flaws. Next week ... more drama that JP will be shown having very strong feelings about.
So I thought back to the last time they showed an F1 that was so flawed and the only one I could come up with is Vienna who was the worst F1 ever. And we all know how that turned out.
So (perhaps) Bloomers and others are right when they say that the flaws are shown if there is a ? on the current relationship.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:16 am

albean99 wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:
albean99 wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:Since we are discussing edit I think you should look at the edit for the bachelorette as much as possible since this is the female lead.......

Mederith chose Ian her Chemistry/physical edit over Matt her emotional/stable edit guy..

Ali chose Roberto her Chemistry/physical/ hot edit over emotional Chris

Deanna chose Jesse but would have been Granham his edit was physical vs Jason who was stable/emotionally..

So for what I am seeing the femal leads tend to pick chemistry/lust over emtionally connection most of the time...

Having chemistry and the chemistry edit is different imo. They did everything they could to hide the chemistry between Meredith & Ian and in fact a ton of viewers thought she was going to pick Matthew. Ian's edit was more that he was a wanderer and wouldn't propose. There was chemistry with Roberto but he was largely hidden and it was actually Frank that we saw having chemistry with Ali plus he appeared to break her heart. I think he was supposed to be f2 which is why Chris L's edit was so confusing. You can't really use DeAnna because the editing was based on Graham leaving 4th. It's hard to say what his edit would have been if he was the f1. I think if JP is the f1 there will have to be an attempt to scale back on showing him and the chemistry as much. Maybe he will pull back. There's lots of editing to be done so we'll all have to see what happens. I just think it's too easy to jump on the bandwagon based mostly on RS and chemistry. Maybe there's a change on how they edit this season but right now I get the feeling that RS has been Fleissed yet again and someone else, probably Ben F, is the f1.

It's funny to me when poster say that people are on someone's bandwagon because of RS.....I just take a small offense at that Smiley, because I know for me I alwyas look at the first episode spoiler free come to my conclusion of who I like, my gut opinion and then go from there, I like JP this season from the first night an I am stcking with him, no matter what spoilers come or go......

I just think you can't have it both ways when it comes to edit....Chemistry is just chemistry, I remember the Matt's fans saying the same things about Ian was too in your face and he has the chemistry edit etc....The same think with Roberto in Ali's season so no matter what else the edit has going on, Ian/Roberto they were still editted has having the most chemistry with the lead, same as JP.....

Where did I say that anyone was on JP's bandwagon because of RS? I just said that I think RS may have been Fleissed with his f1 pick. I think the JP love probably started before RS put out his f1 spoiler although not sure what affect knowing he was in the f4 through sleuthing or spoilers had. I think it affected the number of people who loved Reid and Chris L early on before we even saw much of them. I remember watching Reid early because I knew he was in the f3 and thinking it was strange based on what we saw. (I'm not saying they wouldn't have had fans without spoilers but it may have taken a little longer) I understand liking JP and even thinking there are a lot of reasons he could be f1. I just don't agree that it's for sure him. I'm not even sure it's Ben F and not a completely different guy until we see more of the edit. There are a lot of shows left and we saw JP's and Ryan's change in the last one so who knows what we'll see with Ben F and the other guys.

Edited to add that I wonder if the reason I don't really have a favorite among the f2 or 3 is that I didn't read the spoilers until more recently. I'm not invested in any of them so I'm looking at the edit differently. Doesn't mean I'm right but feel like I'm less biased than usual this season. :A-okay:

I can only speak for myself I wasn't a Reid or a Chris L fan so I don't know whether some like them because of RS or not......By me liking JP does not make me think or want him to be F1, hey I just like the guy....I chose him the first night an I don't care if he leaves next week or he is the F1 that's how I watch the show...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:20 am

Beagle wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:I have no comment regarding physical edits and confident PI's. The main thing that screams JP as F1 right now over is we know who he is and he has already been pitted against Bentley.

We could argue all day that maybe Ashley said this and that about Ben and maybe they had ? number of magical kisses but frankly and not to sound harsh but usually if MF doesn't let us see a contestant it's because in the end they don't matter.

Ben will have a great date next week and MF will let us see their relationship deepen because he is in the F2. But if this was the story of Ben and Ashley ...well he missed a few episodes. Episode 5 is way to late for anything to be "starting". (edit wise)

Completely agree with this post. They HAVE to show JP's connection with Ashley early on to counteract Bentley's fiasco ( IMO Ashley was way more into JP than Bentley from the get go). JP's insecurities were shown this week because it fits in with Bentley coming back, it's all part of that storyline. When it comes to Ben F, IMO, I haven't felt yet that he's that much into Ashley at all, on the other hand I see JP and Ashley's connection on the level that Roberto and Ali had even though Ali was very attracted to Frank also.

Someone mentioned Ryan and Trista. During that season, Ryan was as much in the forefront as Charlie was. They showed him having 1 on 1 time from the M&G and in every show. He also had an earlier 1 on 1 date than Ben F. They were developing that story from the very beginning. Ben has been non existent right up to this past episode. I'm anxiously waiting for their 1 on 1 to see if there is some semblance of a possible F1 relationship on Monday.
1) Ben F has the greatest number of appearances on screen so far. For the last 5 episodes, he is shown way too often for someone who has not yet had a 1 on 1 date. Just camera shots of him, PI's etc. The next person with the most screen shots from the last 5 episodes is Ames, then JP.
2) I have not noted JP being pitted against Bentley. Right now, Bentley is in a class of his own. Only comparison is when Ashely realized she would have missed out on knowing Ames if Bentley was still around.
3) They do not have to show Ashley JP physical connection to counteract Bentley. Almost every season, there is drama and they NEVER show the F1 get extra physical chemistry to counteract anything.
4) Too soon to know what the storyline is about JP and Ben. We can conjure up our ideas of story lines which Fleiss has not used or even dreamed of.
5) Chantal was into Brad. JP showing he is into Ashley is NOT the criteria for F1. It often does not even signify anything from past seasons.
6) As far as I remember the only other time we have had a sleeping during a date was at the AFRC when Emily being very unhappy expressed how boring her dates with Brad were. Even to the point of falling asleep on the date.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 am

nd4reality wrote:^^^ So far JP is the only one with a viable connection to Ashley. But they have shown him to be participating in some of the drama, joining in the bad-mouthing of others etc. shown to be jealous etc. They normally don't show the F1 with so many flaws. Next week ... more drama that JP will be shown having very strong feelings about.
So I thought back to the last time they showed an F1 that was so flawed and the only one I could come up with is Vienna who was the worst F1 ever. And we all know how that turned out.
So (perhaps) Bloomers and others are right when they say that the flaws are shown if there is a ? on the current relationship.

Vienna, was disliked by the boards and Ali, Ali started a campaign to alienate her. Vienna just gushed about her time with Jake which may have rubbed the others the wrong way. Or Ali saw something between Jake and Vienna and decided to cause trouble like some are doing with Ryan P right now. Vienna was not in the middle of the drama. The drama was created about her. Like saying Jeff is in a drama this season. Jeff did not add to the drama. There was drama in the house concerning Jeff. Not because Jeff did anything wrong.

On the other hand, both JP and Ben F have bad mouthed others.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 am

I disagree that Vienna did nothing to create drama in the house. There were a lot of clues that she was involved and or causing a lot of it including comments by (one of?) her only friend in the house, Gia. I believe they whitewashed her edit because of being the f1 and would have been worse otherwise. Doesn't mean she's a horrible person though and there's someone every season who everyone else seems to dislike.

Interesting that Ben F's been shown so much, Living. I haven't been paying close attention this season so haven't caught that.
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:37 am

nd4reality wrote:^^^ So far JP is the only one with a viable connection to Ashley. But they have shown him to be participating in some of the drama, joining in the bad-mouthing of others etc. shown to be jealous etc. They normally don't show the F1 with so many flaws. Next week ... more drama that JP will be shown having very strong feelings about.

Maybe it's me but I really don't see JP as being that flawed. His jealousy is valid...it's part of his personality and he knows that he's up against the "memory" of Bentley and several other guys who are building connections with Ashley. BTW, Ben F. has also bad mouthed Ryan but I don't think it makes for a bad edit either. Guys being guys....
If JP is F1 I wouldn't assume that there is a problem with the current relationship. I think that they needed to show some "drama" to show he really cares for Ashley.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:55 am

philphan wrote:

Maybe it's me but I really don't see JP as being that flawed. His jealousy is valid...it's part of his personality and he knows that he's up against the "memory" of Bentley and several other guys who are building connections with Ashley. BTW, Ben F. has also bad mouthed Ryan but I don't think it makes for a bad edit either. Guys being guys....
If JP is F1 I wouldn't assume that there is a problem with the current relationship. I think that they needed to show some "drama" to show he really cares for Ashley.

I don't see him as that flawed either. I think that if a contestant is jealous, where they go wrong is complaining to the lead about it. They only get limited 1 one 1 time during group dates, and I don't think it's a good idea to spend that time focusing on why it's hard etc. JP did fine though I thought. He was jealous, but when he was alone with Ashley he said he wasn't leaving, their date was perfect and they made out in the rain. Maybe it will will become a problem if the jealously escalates further in the coming episodes, but I don't think it's too bad so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:00 pm

philphan wrote:

I don't find JP to be particularly flawed in the last episode.....I thought the jealousy thing was rather playful & not mean-spirited
TPTB wanted to clearly demonstrate how strong JP's feelings are for Ashley in this edit.
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:02 pm

If they are showing us PIs of JP 'showing' jealously more than what Ben is 'showing' it is in the edit for a reason.
Other guys probably have similar PIs about the situation but they are not being shown. Its there because its part of the story they are trying to tell us - good or bad.
Now it remains to be seen if there are more of those or if this "trait" was a temporary one.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 46 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

+68
happyvalleygirl
Scarletta
LuvnIt
Shadow
cfck2222