SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Page 25 of 46 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:40 am

Ben was joking I dont think he kiss ashley before last episode. Still the kiss with ben was after her hair was wet and she kiss JP.

Last edited by reason on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am

Living wrote:
Beagle wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:I have no comment regarding physical edits and confident PI's. The main thing that screams JP as F1 right now over is we know who he is and he has already been pitted against Bentley.

We could argue all day that maybe Ashley said this and that about Ben and maybe they had ? number of magical kisses but frankly and not to sound harsh but usually if MF doesn't let us see a contestant it's because in the end they don't matter.

Ben will have a great date next week and MF will let us see their relationship deepen because he is in the F2. But if this was the story of Ben and Ashley ...well he missed a few episodes. Episode 5 is way to late for anything to be "starting". (edit wise)

Completely agree with this post. They HAVE to show JP's connection with Ashley early on to counteract Bentley's fiasco ( IMO Ashley was way more into JP than Bentley from the get go). JP's insecurities were shown this week because it fits in with Bentley coming back, it's all part of that storyline. When it comes to Ben F, IMO, I haven't felt yet that he's that much into Ashley at all, on the other hand I see JP and Ashley's connection on the level that Roberto and Ali had even though Ali was very attracted to Frank also.

Someone mentioned Ryan and Trista. During that season, Ryan was as much in the forefront as Charlie was. They showed him having 1 on 1 time from the M&G and in every show. He also had an earlier 1 on 1 date than Ben F. They were developing that story from the very beginning. Ben has been non existent right up to this past episode. I'm anxiously waiting for their 1 on 1 to see if there is some semblance of a possible F1 relationship on Monday.
1) Ben F has the greatest number of appearances on screen so far. For the last 5 episodes, he is shown way too often for someone who has not yet had a 1 on 1 date. Just camera shots of him, PI's etc. The next person with the most screen shots from the last 5 episodes is Ames, then JP.
2) I have not noted JP being pitted against Bentley. Right now, Bentley is in a class of his own. Only comparison is when Ashely realized she would have missed out on knowing Ames if Bentley was still around.
3) They do not have to show Ashley JP physical connection to counteract Bentley. Almost every season, there is drama and they NEVER show the F1 get extra physical chemistry to counteract anything.
4) Too soon to know what the storyline is about JP and Ben. We can conjure up our ideas of story lines which Fleiss has not used or even dreamed of.
5) Chantal was into Brad. JP showing he is into Ashley is NOT the criteria for F1. It often does not even signify anything from past seasons.
6) As far as I remember the only other time we have had a sleeping during a date was at the AFRC when Emily being very unhappy expressed how boring her dates with Brad were. Even to the point of falling asleep on the date.

ITA with The fact that JP is shown as being waaaay into Ash DOES NOT FIT F1 edit and criteria. More like a F2 edit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:51 am

philphan wrote:
nd4reality wrote:^^^ So far JP is the only one with a viable connection to Ashley. But they have shown him to be participating in some of the drama, joining in the bad-mouthing of others etc. shown to be jealous etc. They normally don't show the F1 with so many flaws. Next week ... more drama that JP will be shown having very strong feelings about.
So I thought back to the last time they showed an F1 that was so flawed and the only one I could come up with is Vienna who was the worst F1 ever. And we all know how that turned out.
So (perhaps) Bloomers and others are right when they say that the flaws are shown if there is a ? on the current relationship.

Maybe it's me but I really don't see JP as being that flawed. His jealousy is valid...it's part of his personality and he knows that he's up against the "memory" of Bentley and several other guys who are building connections with Ashley. BTW, Ben F. has also bad mouthed Ryan but I don't think it makes for a bad edit either. Guys being guys....
If JP is F1 I wouldn't assume that there is a problem with the current relationship. I think that they needed to show some "drama" to show he really cares for Ashley.

The Jealousy part isn't really shown with the final 1 though, that is more like a F2 edit.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:06 pm

The edits so far this season have been so wonky and make little sense to me. I can't really find an accurate comparison to past seasons. There are bits and pieces that point towards being F1 for both, just nothing definitive yet.

As for Ashley, the edit is doing her no favors. They are making her look bad, at least to many of the unspoiled viewers I watch the show with. Over half think she will either end up picking no one or somehow find a way to be with Bentley. And frankly, they would rather one of those two options happen than her just picking someone for the sake of the show. The remaining group of my unspoiled friends are split quite equally between her choosing Ryan, JP or Ben F. But that's based mostly on their personal preferences than any editing clues.

Personally, I find it very difficult to read into editing. I haven't had much luck trying. I base my predictions and thoughts more on how I read people and simply gut feelings. I have only been wrong a few times, and those were because I let my own personal preferences creep in. Hopefully after the next two episodes we will have a clearer picture of this season, because right now it looks like the lost & found at my summer camp- a hodgepodge, jumbled mess of many different things are thrown together. JM2C.

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 25 87b72b10 Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 25 86669110 Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2 - Page 25 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:09 pm

umngirl wrote:The edits so far this season have been so wonky and make little sense to me. I can't really find an accurate comparison to past seasons. There are bits and pieces that point towards being F1 for both, just nothing definitive yet.

As for Ashley, the edit is doing her no favors. They are making her look bad, at least to many of the unspoiled viewers I watch the show with. Over half think she will either end up picking no one or somehow find a way to be with Bentley. And frankly, they would rather one of those two options happen than her just picking someone for the sake of the show. The remaining group of my unspoiled friends are split quite equally between her choosing Ryan, JP or Ben F. But that's based mostly on their personal preferences than any editing clues.

Personally, I find it very difficult to read into editing. I haven't had much luck trying. I base my predictions and thoughts more on how I read people and simply gut feelings. I have only been wrong a few times, and those were because I let my own personal preferences creep in. Hopefully after the next two episodes we will have a clearer picture of this season, because right now it looks like the lost & found at my summer camp- a hodgepodge, jumbled mess of many different things are thrown together. JM2C.

I feel exactly the same as you do regarding your comments in bold. I do watch very closely and try to pick up on details and the little things. It is about reading people and my gut instinct. I have also only been wrong when I let my personal preference get in the way. I don't always get a strong gut feeling about someone in every season. In fact, it is very rare, so when it does happen I know it's for real.

I don't see the jealousy that others are seeing with JP. I think he's just realizing that he has strong feelings for Ashley, but doesn't know for sure if she feels the same for him. He's uncomfortable and that's reasonable to me. I do see a connection between Ashley and Ben F. I think she is definitely attracted to him and we will see more of this.

I also thought that checking with friends who don't know any spoilers to gauge their reactions and feelings, was a great idea. I can see why they would think it's Bentley or no one. Based on what they are seeing, that makes perfect sense.

Finally, that hodgepodge analogy is perfect! I am also hoping that we will have more clarity after the next two episodes. Maybe once Bentley is gone for good, things will make more sense.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:23 pm

reason wrote:Ben was joking I dont think he kiss ashley before last episode. Still the kiss wit ben was after her hair was wet and she kiss JP.

Doesn't matter if she made that statement before or after kissing Ben, it matters that they chose to actually show her making that statement after kissing Ben.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:34 pm

DMBFan wrote:
reason wrote:Ben was joking I dont think he kiss ashley before last episode. Still the kiss wit ben was after her hair was wet and she kiss JP.

Doesn't matter if she made that statement before or after kissing Ben, it matters that they chose to actually show her making that statement after kissing Ben.

If there really was a Ben/Ashley kiss,why didn't we see it?

How are we to believe he's in the F2 if we didn't see the first supposed kiss between them?

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by klarson79 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 pm

Nativenewyorker wrote:
umngirl wrote:The edits so far this season have been so wonky and make little sense to me. I can't really find an accurate comparison to past seasons. There are bits and pieces that point towards being F1 for both, just nothing definitive yet.

I feel exactly the same as you do regarding your comments in bold. I do watch very closely and try to pick up on details and the little things. It is about reading people and my gut instinct. I have also only been wrong when I let my personal preference get in the way. I don't always get a strong gut feeling about someone in every season. In fact, it is very rare, so when it does happen I know it's for real.

I don't see the jealousy that others are seeing with JP. I think he's just realizing that he has strong feelings for Ashley, but doesn't know for sure if she feels the same for him. He's uncomfortable and that's reasonable to me. I do see a connection between Ashley and Ben F. I think she is definitely attracted to him and we will see more of this.

I also thought that checking with friends who don't know any spoilers to gauge their reactions and feelings, was a great idea. I can see why they would think it's Bentley or no one. Based on what they are seeing, that makes perfect sense.

Finally, that hodgepodge analogy is perfect! I am also hoping that we will have more clarity after the next two episodes. Maybe once Bentley is gone for good, things will make more sense.

Agree with you both...the seasons where I have had a strong reaction/gut feeling to the F1 are Ryan with Trista, Ed (I KNOW!) with Jillian and Roberto with Ali (the Bachelors...they are all just doomed!). And now JP with Ashley. There's just something about all of them. I don't see jealousy with JP, or just a chemistry edit. I think he just really, really, REALLY likes her.

klarson79

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:09 am

After watching the episode again tonight when it was replayed on ABC, I had some additional things to say related to this discussion. I thought that I would number them just to help organize my thoughts.

1 – As far as this business with Bentley, the first mistake Ashley made was to ignore the warning from Michelle via his ex-wife that he was there for the “wrong reasons”. She should have at least kept her guard up if she wanted to keep him there. I received some excellent advice a long time ago, basically saying that you should watch someone’s actions and not just listen to their words. Ashley jumped in with both feet and left herself wide open for Bentley’s manipulation and lies. She is not a victim. She put herself in this position. She practically put up a neon sign highlighting her insecurities and someone like Bentley took full advantage. She hardly spent any time with him, yet decided that he was “the one”. I think she fell for an illusion or what she hoped and wanted him to be.

2) – Regarding JP’s supposed insecurity, this is a guy who doesn’t have a problem getting women. Someone on another forum said that he looked like Heath Ledger with crinkly eyes. He has that rugged kind of good looks, a smile that can light up a room, charm, personality, intelligence, a quiet confidence, is “one sexy man” as Ashley said and also the best kisser. He is in an insecure situation, one that makes him feel uncomfortable. He obviously developed strong feelings for Ashley, maybe more than he expected to have. Now he doesn’t know how to deal with these feelings, given the fact that he realizes that he doesn’t know if Ashley saying the same things to the other guys. He doesn’t know where he stands and is struggling with it. This has nothing whatsoever to do with jealousy. JP will have to decide if he will allow himself to get more emotionally involved or hold back a bit. It’s a real dilemma and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it going forward.

3) Ashley’s insecurity is not JP’s responsibility. She came into this with some doubts about whether the guys would like her. Then there was the Bentley fiasco, in which she allowed herself to get completely carried away and lose all perspective. JP did all he could on their 1-on-1 date to reassure her, comfort her, compliment her and let her know that she was attractive and desirable. At least for that night she felt secure and safe enough to fall asleep on his chest. So for one night at least, JP helped Ashley. If she woke up again with the Bentley blues, that’s not his fault. She is the one who can’t let go of a guy who ended up walking away. I am not even sure that Ashley really believed his excuse about missing his daughter. Maybe that’s why she totally lost it after he left. It’s not like any of the other guys have been able to help her with her insecurities. They also haven’t been able to make her forget Bentley. This relationship expert on Jesse’s bachelor online site, said that if a guy really wants you he doesn’t walk away. That’s what Ashley doesn’t seem able to comprehend. She has a great guy like JP who told her on the beach that he wasn’t going anywhere. That’s a man who wants you, Ashley! Wake up, girl!

Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:29 am

Good Post

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:09 am

Nativenewyorker wrote:After watching the episode again tonight when it was replayed on ABC, I had some additional things to say related to this discussion. I thought that I would number them just to help organize my thoughts.

1 – As far as this business with Bentley, the first mistake Ashley made was to ignore the warning from Michelle via his ex-wife that he was there for the “wrong reasons”. She should have at least kept her guard up if she wanted to keep him there. I received some excellent advice a long time ago, basically saying that you should watch someone’s actions and not just listen to their words. Ashley jumped in with both feet and left herself wide open for Bentley’s manipulation and lies. She is not a victim. She put herself in this position. She practically put up a neon sign highlighting her insecurities and someone like Bentley took full advantage. She hardly spent any time with him, yet decided that he was “the one”. I think she fell for an illusion or what she hoped and wanted him to be.

2) – Regarding JP’s supposed insecurity, this is a guy who doesn’t have a problem getting women. Someone on another forum said that he looked like Heath Ledger with crinkly eyes. He has that rugged kind of good looks, a smile that can light up a room, charm, personality, intelligence, a quiet confidence, is “one sexy man” as Ashley said and also the best kisser. He is in an insecure situation, one that makes him feel uncomfortable. He obviously developed strong feelings for Ashley, maybe more than he expected to have. Now he doesn’t know how to deal with these feelings, given the fact that he realizes that he doesn’t know if Ashley saying the same things to the other guys. He doesn’t know where he stands and is struggling with it. This has nothing whatsoever to do with jealousy. JP will have to decide if he will allow himself to get more emotionally involved or hold back a bit. It’s a real dilemma and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it going forward.

3) Ashley’s insecurity is not JP’s responsibility. She came into this with some doubts about whether the guys would like her. Then there was the Bentley fiasco, in which she allowed herself to get completely carried away and lose all perspective. JP did all he could on their 1-on-1 date to reassure her, comfort her, compliment her and let her know that she was attractive and desirable. At least for that night she felt secure and safe enough to fall asleep on his chest. So for one night at least, JP helped Ashley. If she woke up again with the Bentley blues, that’s not his fault. She is the one who can’t let go of a guy who ended up walking away. I am not even sure that Ashley really believed his excuse about missing his daughter. Maybe that’s why she totally lost it after he left. It’s not like any of the other guys have been able to help her with her insecurities. They also haven’t been able to make her forget Bentley. This relationship expert on Jesse’s bachelor online site, said that if a guy really wants you he doesn’t walk away. That’s what Ashley doesn’t seem able to comprehend. She has a great guy like JP who told her on the beach that he wasn’t going anywhere. That’s a man who wants you, Ashley! Wake up, girl!

So glad you have joined this site and welcome. I really love the way you write and the descriptions you give are the best. I agree with you about everything.
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:57 am

reason wrote:Ben was joking I dont think he kiss ashley before last episode. Still the kiss with ben was after her hair was wet and she kiss JP.

Not that I think it matters, because I don't, but I have another theory on this:

After Ashley and JP got back from their little interlude on the beach, they were both soaking wet. When Ashley comes out to give out the group date rose, her hair was dry and make-up was re-done. I think after her time with JP she went in to freshen up. That is when she did the PI about JP's kisses. It was very fresh in her mind, along with that sexy shaved head that she also spoke about. :awesome:
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 46 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #2

+68
happyvalleygirl
Scarletta
LuvnIt
Shadow
cfck2222