SELECT CONTENT

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 6 of 83 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 44 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:51 am

realityfan26 wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:CH said next week she is in her darkest place yet. I don't know whether it's all about Bentley or somewhat about the guys. I think it might be a little of both. Anyway this extreme low leads to the return of Bentley in epi. 6 and/or end of epi. 5.

* on rant * I am so sick of talking about this a$$hole. I can't believe every episode is tainted with his name. I can image if he was the F1 because obviously then it's important to his storyline but this is becoming a SIX EPISODE distraction that's really starting to pi** me off. This makes Ashley and her F1 (who she loves) look like fools... terrible... okay done ranting. Smiley

And to think TPTB could have ended it by showing Ashley just one of Bentley's PIs . Even now, they could do some creative editing and preserve an ounce of Ashley's dignity.

But see, this is their creative editing. This is the story that they want to go with and they aren't going to change tactic.
For whatever reason, and we could speculate until the cows come home, after the film is in the can(or shall I say digital whatever, because film is pretty rare since the tsunami in Japan due to the Sony issues), the editors (video and audio) are given precise paths to follow to paint the picture we view weekly.
I can not stress enough how precise this is. There are a lot of new hassles and issues editing teams have to deal with since they are now dealing purely digital vs with real film, so it's not as if this edit was not something that was exactly choreographed.
The edit is what it is. Why? I don't think they had much else to go with. People are bored with the season--why? Not much to go with. They're showing what they had to draw at any interest at all is my opinion.
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by DMBFan Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 am

So Kasha, do you think a lot of the Bentley stuff is built up for drama?

I know when I was doing the PI transcribing, I had the earphones on and turned up loud, and you can definitely here changes in volume and intonation, Bentely's name was dubbed in a lot.

I think what happened, is she agreed to Bentley as a story idea, like Frank was the "story" in Ali's season, but she obviously didn't know he was saying all these things about her, or that TPTB edit it this way, or that they would dub his name into some of her PI's to make her sound pathetic.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:11 am

IDK. I think the editors were told exactly what to leave in and what to take out for specific reasons. No more, no less.
I know my "editor" buddy is very very busy since the problems with Sony. It's much more detailed work apparently, so what the viewers get is meant.
The bottom line with this show is ratings =money. So this edit was what they went with for that reason.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Kashathediva wrote:IDK. I think the editors were told exactly what to leave in and what to take out for specific reasons. No more, no less.
I know my "editor" buddy is very very busy since the problems with Sony. It's much more detailed work apparently, so what the viewers get is meant.
The bottom line with this show is ratings =money. So this edit was what they went with for that reason.

Kasha - the voice of reason!! I need to just follow you to remind myself this show is just a show. Entertainment. :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 am

Kashathediva wrote:
realityfan26 wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:CH said next week she is in her darkest place yet. I don't know whether it's all about Bentley or somewhat about the guys. I think it might be a little of both. Anyway this extreme low leads to the return of Bentley in epi. 6 and/or end of epi. 5.

* on rant * I am so sick of talking about this a$$hole. I can't believe every episode is tainted with his name. I can image if he was the F1 because obviously then it's important to his storyline but this is becoming a SIX EPISODE distraction that's really starting to pi** me off. This makes Ashley and her F1 (who she loves) look like fools... terrible... okay done ranting. Smiley

And to think TPTB could have ended it by showing Ashley just one of Bentley's PIs . Even now, they could do some creative editing and preserve an ounce of Ashley's dignity.

But see, this is their creative editing. This is the story that they want to go with and they aren't going to change tactic.
For whatever reason, and we could speculate until the cows come home, after the film is in the can(or shall I say digital whatever, because film is pretty rare since the tsunami in Japan due to the Sony issues), the editors (video and audio) are given precise paths to follow to paint the picture we view weekly.
I can not stress enough how precise this is. There are a lot of new hassles and issues editing teams have to deal with since they are now dealing purely digital vs with real film, so it's not as if this edit was not something that was exactly choreographed.
The edit is what it is. Why? I don't think they had much else to go with. People are bored with the season--why? Not much to go with. They're showing what they had to draw at any interest at all is my opinion.

I totally agree. They want to show the train wreck because people get bored with just a love story. I know so many guys that are watching this year and viewers equal money. Bottom line, just like many things in life it all comes down to money. If they would have shown Ashley the comments of Bentley, the controversy would be over and the drama scaled down. MF and the editors are telling Ashley's story with as much drama as they can muster to try and keep people watching and keep the advertisers happy. Kasha's words are so accurate, " They're showing what they had to draw at any interest at all".
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Kashathediva wrote:IDK. I think the editors were told exactly what to leave in and what to take out for specific reasons. No more, no less.

Right! There's no love story, so in order to pull off a show people will watch, create the drama...it always keeps the viewers entertained. She didn't get her 50/50 love, but a 70/30. CH said in his last two blogs that her mind and heart was still with Bentley, what kind of love story can develop after that.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:01 pm

I can't wait until the seasons is over and Ashley has a chance to explain how much of her pinning away for Bentley was real vs drama created for the show.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Love_Me wrote:I can't wait until the seasons is over and Ashley has a chance to explain how much of her pinning away for Bentley was real vs drama created for the show.

If she's with somebody now, ya think we'll get a straight answer on that one? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Did Ali ever address her 'breakdown/devastation' over Frank at the AFRC? Especially when Roberto came out with her on stage. I don't recall it being brought up at the AFRC was it. (I was too busy concentrating on hottie Chris Lambton to notice).

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Gina wrote:Did Ali ever address her 'breakdown/devastation' over Frank at the AFRC? Especially when Roberto came out with her on stage. I don't recall it being brought up at the AFRC was it. (I was too busy concentrating on hottie Chris Lambton to notice).

Nope, Frank was quickly relegated to Justin Rego's status and Ali was busy staring at Roberto and gushing about him. I expect the same exact thing to happen with Ashley at ATFR, she'll say Bentley hurt her but it was only a few days and now she realizes what a real man is like etc. etc. etc.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:53 am

Alanna wrote:
Gina wrote:Did Ali ever address her 'breakdown/devastation' over Frank at the AFRC? Especially when Roberto came out with her on stage. I don't recall it being brought up at the AFRC was it. (I was too busy concentrating on hottie Chris Lambton to notice).

Nope, Frank was quickly relegated to Justin Rego's status and Ali was busy staring at Roberto and gushing about him. I expect the same exact thing to happen with Ashley at ATFR, she'll say Bentley hurt her but it was only a few days and now she realizes what a real man is like etc. etc. etc.

I don't see how, when she's still aching for him. CH said in his blog that it's too short a time for her to get pass and get a prospective on things. Not his exact quote but close.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:00 am

Alexxxx wrote:
Love_Me wrote:I can't wait until the seasons is over and Ashley has a chance to explain how much of her pinning away for Bentley was real vs drama created for the show.

If she's with somebody now, ya think we'll get a straight answer on that one? LOL

I don't think we'd ever get a straight answer on that one, no matter what.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 83 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 44 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

+81
Larel
NadjaM
Ayana
Nibbles22
Pattycake92