SELECT CONTENT

Technical Questions - How do you...?

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 15 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:02 pm

sara11 wrote:How do you turn off email notifications? I know that you can click stop watching this topic, but that gets annoying if you have to do it after every post you write, so is there any other way? Smiley

Profile - under the banner - click Notification Tab - uncheck/check what you want or don't want. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71350

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 15 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by IrishGal Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered. If I am on a multiple page thread and wish to go to a specific page, is there anyway to just type in the page number rather than going back page by page? Thanks!

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:42 pm

IrishGal wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered. If I am on a multiple page thread and wish to go to a specific page, is there anyway to just type in the page number rather than going back page by page? Thanks!

When you're in a thread and you'd like to go to a specific page, scroll up to the top to the page numbers in the right hand corner. Click on the Page ## of ##, in this example its Page 76 of 76. A box will pop up. Put your page number in there. Click go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiltburn Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:18 pm

Pic of kaitlyn with fans at night in Dublin, apparently with Élan as well

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/katiewolahan/status/585184912325611520

Kiltburn

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Kiltburn wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pic of kaitlyn with fans at night in Dublin, apparently with Élan as well

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/katiewolahan/status/585184912325611520

Hi Kiltburn

I see you upload the pic by hosting it. Once you host it you copy the url, I use the last one. Make sure you copy the whole thing as you can see the last letters of your link are jp, it should be jpg which is the file extention for pictures. Once you have the url you click insert image two before the youtube, paste it in there, click insert.

You can also click on the picture/tweet/IG, right click. If you see "copy img url" click it, nothing will happen. Go to "insert image" paste it in there, click insert. Feel free to try it again here.

Also check out Copying images in our help section, scroll to around the middle of the page.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:44 am

For those that may have been having problems using the Private Message, it should be fixed now.

Please let me know if anyone has any issues using the New Private Message feature.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun May 24, 2015 7:38 am

Just a question... Is there any way for posters to embed Instagram pics rather than just link to them?  Those of us who don't have Instagram can't see them. It requires us to sign in which obviously we can't do.  Thanks.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun May 24, 2015 9:57 am

What I do on my mac is c/p the photo just as I would do any photo.
I agree about the IG stuff. I don't want an acct and I do miss some of the things posted.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun May 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Most people can't just copy Instagram photos, Kasha. It doesn't give me that option.

I have to right click on the photo, choose "select element", and then look for the link. Just highlight that section and select "copy link address". That's what you use to post it here using the "insert an image" box. Not the easiest but doable.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15257

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun May 24, 2015 5:30 pm

I might have to go through "preview" on IG, not sure. It is a different language on a PC.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 24, 2015 5:36 pm

there are several different ways of doing it depending on what options you are given, what device you're using and what browsers are being used. It sounds complicated but once you know what to look for, it's easy.

There are instructions in the link below for one of the options. I plan on adding the different scenario's to this help section. Chrome has an extention you can add that automatically gives you the copy image option which is so much easier.

bean- when you right click, instead of select element, choose "view page source" a bunch of stuff comes up. Hit Ctrl F, a little box upper right opens up, type jpg in there which is the extention for pics. Hit enter, the first "highlighted" jpg is the one you want. Copy the link starting at Https and ending at jpg No " no periods.

Click insert image, and paste. Anyone can play in this thread to try it out. Right click on a IG and post what your options are, and we can go from there.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sun May 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Since we're talking pic posting. I still can't host an image via my iPad or iPhone. Technically I can host it but I can't copy the link it creates in order to insert it. My devices crash (back to home screen) when I try to do so. Hosting works fine on my PC.

"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Technical Questions - How do you...?

+63
Norcalgal
Genevieve Australia
butterflylove
Jolena
mbl