SELECT CONTENT

Technical Questions - How do you...?

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 38 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by sdmom Sat May 04, 2019 1:35 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:This is how I do s/caps using a mouse.

While watching the vid, press pause where you want to create the s/cap.

Choose "Snipping Tool" Every Window's Version has the accessory. The icon has scissors on it.

Choose "New". As soon as you choose new, bring your cursor to where you want to "cap" the picture. Put your cursor at the top left of the picture. Left click and draw a box around the cap. I try to get the time in the cap. It makes it easier for anyone to go back to watch it at that moment.

As soon as you release that's the cap. Choose file, save. You can name it, or just go with the default name. I usually just save it to my desktop then delete it after I upload it here. If I'm creating a few at at time then I would name it.

Go to Host an Image icon in this reply box. Third one before youtube. Choose select file. Look for it where you saved it. Select the up arrow in the box that appears. It uploads the picture I copy the second link and paste it in the icon "Insert Image" the one next to "Host and Image" in the first box that starts with url,  No need to fill any other boxes.

Slow mo clips is not something I've tried.

I'm on my way out shortly but always appreciated if anyone else can add their suggestions!!

Feel free to practice in the Testing thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I use iPad to make screencaps.
The hardest part, for me, is choose the exact scene that I want, and I have to pause multiple times at the exact second to capture it. If someone has a different way to do it, please share.
Then take a screen shot, by pressing Home and power button at the same time. It will automatically save to your Photos.
Then I use the third icon to the left of YT icon. Choose Select file, then choose Photo library. You choose the photo(s) you want, I think the maximum number I can post at the same time is 3, depending on the resolution I guess? Then click Done. You the will see the photos, then click the first blue button (an Up arrow). When it finishes downloading, press Insert it All.
That should work .
I attached a couple of illustrations

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 38 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by nd4reality Sat May 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks SDM.

Teeing here.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat May 04, 2019 8:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you did it clapping!

Now go make some to post in the SC thread! Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 38 3806527698 :yes:

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 04, 2019 11:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] clapping!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for all that! The three maximum upload has to do with this forum.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:17 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:I will admit I am not very "techie", but how does one know when someone is online on Twitter?  Tia!

If someone tweets, or replies to a tweet the tweet will show the date and time. You can retweet a tweet or like a tweet. In both of those cases there is no way of telling what day or time that occurred.

The only way to determine if someone was on twitter at the same time would be for both of them to actually tweet or reply so you can see the date and time.

This is a snapshot of Tyler's "likes" He liked Dylan's tweet. Next to the tweet it indicates 2h. If you hover over the 2h on twitter it shows Jul 1st 10:36am That means Dylan tweeted that two hours ago. Nowhere does it show what day/time Tyler actually liked it.

Tyler retweeted this tweet by @kazz_Daddy. Near that tweet it indicates 13 h. If you hover over it on twitter the date shows June 30th. 11:41pm That's the date and time kazz actually tweeted it. Nowhere does it show when Tyler retweeted it.

This is a snapshot of Tyler replying to Dylan. If you hover over the 14h it shows June 30th 11:12pm. That's the actual day and time Tyler replied.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mbl Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:45 pm

How do I move a post I made from one thread to another?

mbl

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:45 pm

For some reason I have quit receiving emails from my watched topics. Could someone please help me, I'm not computer techy.

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:29 pm

Go to the "profile" tab which is under the banner

Once there, look for the "notifications" tab across the top

In there you can choose how you want to be notified

Let me know if you have any questions.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hdman Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:54 am

Thank you Guardian Angle. My email address is checked off and is correct.

hdman

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] do you mean you already have the notification set to email?

Maybe go to a thread you are watching, and choose watch topic again. See what happens.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:43 pm

For those of you who use "View New Posts" you know it appears on each page on the top right, and bottom right. The bottom right, is way down at the very bottom of the page. I found it annoying that it was a lot of unnecessary scrolling to get there.

I arranged for it to be moved up just above the reply box. Still on the right hand side but closer up.

For those who never use it or didn't know it exists, it's a good way to view all the new posts since you last logged on. You can scroll by the posts you don't want to read or save for later. Each time you read a thread and are done, choose view new posts again and it will always update for you.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:29 pm

I love this feature an use it all the time. Thanks GA for having it moved up.  yes
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Technical Questions - How do you...?

+63
Norcalgal
Genevieve Australia
butterflylove
Jolena
mbl