SELECT CONTENT

Technical Questions - How do you...?

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:29 pm

bluwavz wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Which post do you want deleted? I can delete it for you. I've had someone else ask me this same question so not sure if this is just how [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has it set up. I'll send her a PM about it.

The conversation has developed so I think I will leave the post there. If I experience a problem later I shall let you know. Thank you for your support Smiley

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 40 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by bluwavz Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No problem! Smiley
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19211

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:02 am

Im having a problem staying logged in. It seems everytime I shut down my laptop when I go to this site I have to log back in and that only happened occasionally in the past. I have this site in my favorite places and whenever I would click on it , it would bring me right to the site and already logged in. Anyone else having this problem staying logged in? TIA
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4282

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:16 am

My understanding is that you can only delete a post within 15 minutes?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:17 am

sdmom wrote:My understanding is that you can only delete a post within 15 minutes?

Interesting Smiley Thanks for that insight! Smiley

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You can delete your own post as long as someone hasn't posted after you. Once someone else has posted you can only edit your post. You could edit and delete everything within the post and type deleted. Then everyone can still see that there was a post but it has been deleted.

Hope that helps.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:51 am

Sprite wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You can delete your own post as long as someone hasn't posted after you. Once someone else has posted you can only edit your post. You could edit and delete everything within the post and type deleted. Then everyone can still see that there was a post but it has been deleted.

Hope that helps.

It does help, Thank you very much [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Smiley

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:12 pm

Does anyone use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10? If so what do you like and don't like about it?

TY

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:07 pm

Nope. 

No desire to use it either and would love to get rid of it but you either need a third party program or dig deep into windows to do it.  The programmers embedded it in windows rather deep from what I've read.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:55 pm

It's a backup browser to me. I like to run certain websites on there if they're not working in Firefox or Chrome. It's okay though, far better than IE ever was. From Jan 15 they're releasing the version based on Chromium, which means it could be very good in future.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:27 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Does anyone use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10? If so what do you like and don't like about it?

TY

I have it and rarely use it. I only do when I want to test a page that for some reason I may be unable to open on Chrome or Safari which is really rare; or if for example, I need to open various emails at the same time from different addresses or login into some shopping pages Smiley

Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm

Thanks for the responses.

In the last month, I've had to get a new work laptop, which meant I had to get Window's 10 (from Windows 8) I think without the support, the Windows 8 was crashing on me. Then I had to get a new adapter because I hook up a monitor and keyboard to my laptop and of course it was older than the laptop model. Finding the adapter was a challenge. Then my mouse was acting up, so I got another mouse. The other day my keyboard died, and no matter what I did I could not get it to work. So I had to buy another keyboard.

I'm not a fan of Windows 10 but I have no choice. I use Google Chrome for everything, but I always have another browser open for logging on as Admin. I used to use Firefox but it wasn't performing like it used to on Windows 10. I started using Microsoft Edge and I think it's slowing my laptop to unbearable levels.

I was quite happy with Windows 8 which came with Office, which I didn't have to pay for, (and now you do every year) and all programs were great. Now just trying to open a pic is a challenge and not the way I like it. Plus it doesn't matter which secondary browser I have open, it slows right down and gets all jumpy.

I've never been more frustrated switching laptops in all my years as I have been with Windows 10.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71280

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Technical Questions - How do you...?

+63
Norcalgal
Genevieve Australia
butterflylove
Jolena
mbl