SELECT CONTENT

Technical Questions - How do you...?

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 5 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by nutty1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks for being so prompt in fixing it!!  yes

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 5 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by chloep Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 am

Any clue why this always seems to happen?  no idea 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:12 am

chloep wrote:Any clue why this always seems to happen?  no idea 

When copy and pasting from IG or Twitter, take notice of any smiles in the post. They have to be deleted, those are emoji's from iPhones, that are not compatable.

ETA: I just went to try and fix it, but I don't see the pic.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:22 am

It not only cuts off the emojis, but also any text after it. I noticed that on other foumotion boards also.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:23 am

^^ Okay, thanks. I keep that in mind from now on.  Smiley 

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:26 am

I found the twitter post, and there is clearly a emoji in it. Sorry I thought there was a pic attached as well.

This is how I do it. I put the [ quote...] I paste the content, I take out anything that usually looks like square little boxes,  just leave the twitter name, paste it, if there is a pic, I embed the pic, then end the whole thing with the end quote.

The tweeter is  Paige Tucker ‏@paigeyteeee  13h
If you are on twitter, copy that tweet, paste it, here, you'll see a little box. Delete that little box or boxes. The little square box is where the emoji was.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:50 am

TEST:

Paige Tucker ‏@paigeyteeee 14h

Just saw Desiree and Chris from the Bachelorette walking their dog in Seattle

Thanks! Smiley

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:59 am

Great! Smiley

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Wed May 07, 2014 11:34 pm

Bringing this over from another thread...

notarose wrote:
Litta123 wrote:

If you have a Mac, iphone or ipad, it's easy to do. I can post a how to in the technical questions section of About This Site if anyone would like. Just let me know. Someone else will have to help the windows/android users...because I'm clueless for those.

Yes please for ipad.  That would wonderful Litta!

I was going to type up an explanation, but I think this video does a good job explaining how to capture on the ipad (and it's the same for the iphone).

Now posting it on the site here is another story. I have my way of doing it and will be glad to explain it, but it may not be the most efficient way. Do you need help with that, too?

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu May 08, 2014 4:03 am

Litta123 wrote:Bringing this over from another thread...

notarose wrote:
Litta123 wrote:

If you have a Mac, iphone or ipad, it's easy to do. I can post a how to in the technical questions section of About This Site if anyone would like. Just let me know. Someone else will have to help the windows/android users...because I'm clueless for those.

Yes please for ipad.  That would wonderful Litta!

I was going to type up an explanation, but I think this video does a good job explaining how to capture on the ipad (and it's the same for the iphone).

Now posting it on the site here is another story. I have my way of doing it and will be glad to explain it, but it may not be the most efficient way. Do you need help with that, too?

Thanks, the vid was great.
Yes to how to post in this forum. Glad to hear of whatever way you found works.
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Thu May 08, 2014 6:52 am

^^notarose, first I need to know a few things -- do you have a computer that you upload pictures from your iPad to or do you only have the iPad? Do you know how to upload pictures to your computer? Is your computer a Mac?

I have posted a pic or two from my iPad to this site, but it is a royal pain in the rear (unless I'm doing it the hard way which wouldn't surprise me at all)...so let me know which way you need an explanation for. Meaning, do you need an explanation from iPad to this site or an explanation from iPad to computer to this site?

If it's the former, I will need to play with the process myself to make sure I have all the steps. Let me know...and then I'll get to work on typing up an explanation.

Btw, if you want the explanation from a windows based computer, someone else will need to provide those steps. I only know from a Mac.

ETA: Mods, if I am overstepping here, let me know. I can take this conversation to a PM if you prefer.

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 am

by nd4reality Today at 9:11 am

SLA44 wrote:

Thanks I just tried copy and image and paste and it didn't work. :frown:
GuardianAngel wrote
Right click on the picture - left click on - copy image URL - go to your reply box - click the little icon "insert an image" in the reply box, 2 icons before youtube - paste in the url box - click insert - click send -

Try it in the technical page Smiley

Hi GA - I was testing this but don't get the paste as enabled. i.e it is greyed out when I try to paste to the URL field. Any ideas ? Could we chat about this in the technical thread please ?

Insert image (not Host image) click in the box that says [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] then paste it, click insert.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Thu May 08, 2014 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Technical Questions - How do you...?

+63
Norcalgal
Genevieve Australia
butterflylove
Jolena
mbl