SELECT CONTENT

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by LoveDovez Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 am

newfiegirl wrote:Looking back at Whitney's journey, I think she did come on with the show with a competitive edge right from the first night when she gave Brad that long hug at the intros. It gave me a creepy feeling but I'm guessing that Brad didn't mind a good looking woman with an attractive body pressing said body close to him - nice plan Whitney. I'm wondering if Whitney is used to getting attention from men because of her outward appearance and uses that to her advantage. She knows that Brad is attracted to her and she, to some extent, is to him. They have the physical chemistry and 'dating' is fun but when things start to get really serious beginning with the HTD Whitney starts to shut down because she is not that serious about Brad (he's s fun guy to date but she doesn't want to marry him). I think that after talking with her sister at the HTD she starts to feel guilty about continuing on with Brad because she is realizing how serious he is about this, and says as much at the FD when talking with her sister on the phone. Her drama at that RC was IMO her trying to back out hoping Brad would ask her to leave but Brad convinces her to stay and work through this. Remember Brad has not been privy to her conversations with her sister. Whitney is torn between feeling guilty about staying and hurting Brad because she does not want to marry him vs. I can stay and win this whole thing competitiveness. By the time she gets to the MTF and FD her guilt must be going into overdrive. Brad could potentially ask her to marry him and she has no desire to make that commitment. Hence her complete melt down when Brad comes to tell her he does not see a future with her. She's being called out on her behavior and is not willing to take responsibility for her actions. She had let her competitiveness overcome her desire to do what was fair to Brad. It's sort of like telling a 'white lie' and then having to cover that with another lie, and having to cover that lie again - rather than admit to the truth to the person in the beginning. Sorry Whitney, I am sure you are a very nice person but not all things in life are about winning and hurting people to get there.

Great post and wonderful insight about Whitney... So glad I wasn't the only one creeped out by her hug at the intro's. LOL
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by LoveDovez Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:21 am

Sprite wrote:
anders wrote:Ana may be ESL but is fully belingual and I'd love to see her be the first Canadian bachette - we saw a lot of her spunk at the WTA (refusing to clap when Whit came out, and speaking her mind)

Ana was my favourite and I would also like to see her as the Bette. I could see it working for her.

For my own personal enjoyment, I would love to see Gabby. It probably wouldn't work, but it sure would be entertaining.

I'd LOVE for it to be Gabby,too If she is really to settle down and heck, even if she isn't. I think she would be a hoot to watch and would make for a great season... Ana would also be a good one. I think Kara would be just a little too boring. JMO...I can't think of any others that would make for a good show.. For sure NOT Whitney. I couldn't stand another season of her eyebrows and her scowl. Possibly Laura B. She seemed pretty real, but would she be too emotional??
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 am

Since the audience at the ATFR is so shocked when Tyler asks B and B about their wedding, if it is because they HAVE set a date.
It could be now in interviews that they are saying in 6 months or sooner more so then later, because they cant say anything until we see the episode.
I could be wrong but have this feeling. I would love to see that.

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 6 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by HowSoonIsNow Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 am

LoveDovez wrote:
newfiegirl wrote:Looking back at Whitney's journey, I think she did come on with the show with a competitive edge right from the first night when she gave Brad that long hug at the intros. It gave me a creepy feeling but I'm guessing that Brad didn't mind a good looking woman with an attractive body pressing said body close to him - nice plan Whitney. I'm wondering if Whitney is used to getting attention from men because of her outward appearance and uses that to her advantage. She knows that Brad is attracted to her and she, to some extent, is to him. They have the physical chemistry and 'dating' is fun but when things start to get really serious beginning with the HTD Whitney starts to shut down because she is not that serious about Brad (he's s fun guy to date but she doesn't want to marry him). I think that after talking with her sister at the HTD she starts to feel guilty about continuing on with Brad because she is realizing how serious he is about this, and says as much at the FD when talking with her sister on the phone. Her drama at that RC was IMO her trying to back out hoping Brad would ask her to leave but Brad convinces her to stay and work through this. Remember Brad has not been privy to her conversations with her sister. Whitney is torn between feeling guilty about staying and hurting Brad because she does not want to marry him vs. I can stay and win this whole thing competitiveness. By the time she gets to the MTF and FD her guilt must be going into overdrive. Brad could potentially ask her to marry him and she has no desire to make that commitment. Hence her complete melt down when Brad comes to tell her he does not see a future with her. She's being called out on her behavior and is not willing to take responsibility for her actions. She had let her competitiveness overcome her desire to do what was fair to Brad. It's sort of like telling a 'white lie' and then having to cover that with another lie, and having to cover that lie again - rather than admit to the truth to the person in the beginning. Sorry Whitney, I am sure you are a very nice person but not all things in life are about winning and hurting people to get there.

Great post and wonderful insight about Whitney... So glad I wasn't the only one creeped out by her hug at the intro's. LOL

I remember watching that hug, being creeped out, and expecting that Brad would respond awkwardly to it, and assuming that she'd be this season's crazy chick, the one who gets a lot of drama spun around them and is out in 2-3 episodes. Boy was I surprised when I saw Brad respond positively to that hug! I figured he hadn't watched too many episodes of Bach USA, or he'd have known better ;)
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 am

Brill wrote:Since the audience at the ATFR is so shocked when Tyler asks B and B about their wedding, if it is because they HAVE set a date.
It could be now in interviews that they are saying in 6 months or sooner more so then later, because they cant say anything until we see the episode.
I could be wrong but have this feeling. I would love to see that.

This is one of the few times I can say I really think a Bachelor couple may make it in real life. I would not be surprised to hear an actual date come from them at ATFR and if not then, in the very near future.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 am

they've both said they want to do it soon - he's said sooner rather than later.....we'll see if they make it - I dont' want to declare them a success just yet.

and the shocked reaction to the question is most likely not the response to that question at all.
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 am

Wont it be great that Fleiss couldnt pull off - in 16 seasons of The Bachelor - what the Canadians could pull off in their first season? An actual Bachelor wedding! I agree that they seem really well suited to one another.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 am

that would be amazing!!!

I'm hopeful they make it long-term.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by ninu Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:44 pm

anders wrote:that would be amazing!!!

I'm hopeful they make it long-term.

I hope so!! Hopefully that'd make the USA TPTB reconsider - but I doubt... assuming the Jash wedding is good enough for the next 4-5 seasons for them... no no
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

Post by HowSoonIsNow Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Legitmately though, how many people stopped watching Bach/ette over the years simply because the couples didn't go to the altar? I don't think most people IRL get heavily invested in the couples post-show, or become so disillusioned by failed couples that they stop watching the show.

I imagine that they lose ratings due to boring or crappy seasons, as well as due to natural attrition of an aging show competing against fresh shows and changing trends in the marketplace.

Having said that, the zero success rate of the Bachelor shows vs middling success of the Bachette shows makes the latter the one to watch for Love and the former the one to watch for Shenanigans.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

It would be a hoot if the couple from the from the very first Canadian season got married.....

Take that MF......(now I'm really rooting for a Brianka wedding!!!)

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by newfiegirl Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

I am also hoping for a Brad & Bianka wedding as these two appear to have been in this process for the right reason. Go Bachelor Canada. Thank you Canada producers and media for not stooping to the US tatics for their version. I gave up getting excited about US bachelor and bach'ette seasons. I have enjoyed cleaning the dust off my sleuthing hat (put it away a long time ago) and conversing on this board to figure out what will happen next and which woman Brad would choose. The sleuthing for the US version just became pointless as I refuse to be rude and nasty towards the contestants and other board members. The US media and RS seem to be relentless in digging up and reporting any and all scandals concerning the bachelor and bach'ettes and ensuring it is reported in magazines and on tv 'entertainment news' type shows. This makes it impossible to remain spoiler free and I have lost my interest in the US version. Thank you Bachelor Canada.
newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR - November 28th - Discussion - Spoilers

+21
Barbarossa
momoftrips
Alanna
ja1968
HowSoonIsNow