SELECT CONTENT

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

Page 6 of 50 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

Post by MissLittle Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Only Tony was on. Melissa was on her way home to Dallas.

MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:07 pm

I didn't like Jason or Molly in his season. Melissa wasn't even my favorite although liked her. I was a Jillian gal that season. Just like I didn't hold it against Jason what happened on the ATFR show, I'm not going to hold it against Melissa. He was being trashed post show because she was a fan favorite. This was producer/Fleiss driven and really am not going to blame anyone for the farce it was on camera. I would have loved for them to say they wouldn't be a part of it but am pretty sure that wasn't really an option. At the time I was just happy that my favorite wasn't a part of it.

I have since come to really like Jason & Molly. I think they're a wonderful couple who have survived the trashing they got in the public. I still like Melissa and she has gotten a lot of benefit from being a public victim. I've been following her all along on Twitter/FB and she appears to have moved on years ago so don't think she's using the victim tag any longer. Others may disagree.

Just watched them on GMA. I like how well everyone appears to get along. I'm sure Shawn/Derrick wanted to win but are handling it very well.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15296

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Loved the quizzing on Two to Tango. Had to laugh during the question about Tony's wardrobe. The look on his face when he said they only let him choose from this season cracked me up. I also had to giggle at the start of Melissa & Tony's samba performance. The look on Lara Spencer & the other lady's (don't know her name) faces when T-Croft did their trick in the beginning was funny to watch. You could see them both mouthing "wow".
MissLittle
MissLittle

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:53 pm

albean99 wrote: I'm sure Shawn/Derrick wanted to win but are handling it very well.

I think so too, and believe they really are genuinely happy for Melissa and Tony. Just as I believe Melissa would have been genuinely happy for Shawn had she won. Melissa and Shawn became super close this season and rooted each other on the whole way. Derek has been nothing but classy and I liked how he was the first to hoist Melissa on his shoulders after she won.
cimcoe
cimcoe

Female Posts : 1154

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 pm

IMO - Derek (and Mark) want to be the first to hoist somebody just to mug for the camera.

For me, it was watching Maks and Val hoist Tony and Melissa that was meaningful, as they are best friends and business partners.... and it was sincere. Derek assuming the position of hoisting Melissa was kinda presumptuous IMO, knowing full well how close Tony was to the other brothers.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

What I saw was that the brothers were too busy hoisting Tony and making a fuss about him and it was when Derek saw Melissa alone, he hoisted her up and it was then that the others came around and included her. She seemed left out at the beginning momentarily, it seemed to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

cimcoe wrote:
albean99 wrote: I'm sure Shawn/Derrick wanted to win but are handling it very well.

I think so too, and believe they really are genuinely happy for Melissa and Tony. Just as I believe Melissa would have been genuinely happy for Shawn had she won. Melissa and Shawn became super close this season and rooted each other on the whole way. Derek has been nothing but classy and I liked how he was the first to hoist Melissa on his shoulders after she won.

I think Melissa & Shawn became great friends back in season 8. But just like her relationship with Tony, they grew as friends even more this season. I have never been a fan of Derek, but he won me slightly over in the moment of defeat. Classy behavior all the way through. Credit where credit's due.
MissLittle
MissLittle

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 pm

albean99 wrote:I didn't like Jason or Molly in his season. Melissa wasn't even my favorite although liked her. I was a Jillian gal that season. Just like I didn't hold it against Jason what happened on the ATFR show, I'm not going to hold it against Melissa. He was being trashed post show because she was a fan favorite. This was producer/Fleiss driven and really am not going to blame anyone for the farce it was on camera. I would have loved for them to say they wouldn't be a part of it but am pretty sure that wasn't really an option. At the time I was just happy that my favorite wasn't a part of it.

I have since come to really like Jason & Molly. I think they're a wonderful couple who have survived the trashing they got in the public. I still like Melissa and she has gotten a lot of benefit from being a public victim. I've been following her all along on Twitter/FB and she appears to have moved on years ago so don't think she's using the victim tag any longer. Others may disagree.

Just watched them on GMA. I like how well everyone appears to get along. I'm sure Shawn/Derrick wanted to win but are handling it very well.

High clap High clap High clap High clap High clap High clap High clap
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm

northernviewer wrote:IMO - Derek (and Mark) want to be the first to hoist somebody just to mug for the camera.

For me, it was watching Maks and Val hoist Tony and Melissa that was meaningful, as they are best friends and business partners.... and it was sincere. Derek assuming the position of hoisting Melissa was kinda presumptuous IMO, knowing full well how close Tony was to the other brothers.

High clap High clap High clap High clap
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Shawn Johnson ‏@ShawnJohnson
Going to miss these guys... @melissarycroft @tonydovolani @iamvalc @kellymonaco1 @derekhough #dwts http://instagr.am/p/SoG0NCg3iN/

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 6 Proxy
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:26 pm

cimcoe wrote:
Shawn Johnson ‏@ShawnJohnson
Going to miss these guys... @melissarycroft @tonydovolani @iamvalc @kellymonaco1 @derekhough #dwts http://instagr.am/p/SoG0NCg3iN/

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 6 Proxy

Love that picture. Close-knit gang of great dancers!
MissLittle
MissLittle

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 pm

avoice wrote:What I saw was that the brothers were too busy hoisting Tony and making a fuss about him and it was when Derek saw Melissa alone, he hoisted her up and it was then that the others came around and included her. She seemed left out at the beginning momentarily, it seemed to me.

I didn't see her get left out at all, she was busy hugging Tom, Shawn, Derek and then other cast that came out but yes Maks and Val both did go straight to Tony and made a fuss about him. Joey was hugging Melissa at the time, and then Derek hoisted her up after he saw Val and Maks hoisted Tony. I don't think he was mugging like others do, I think he's a nice guy and was being classy.

cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 50 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

+46
Lennoxcolinrolland
mindless
Maddy
MiniDiva
rhondam