SELECT CONTENT

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

Page 7 of 50 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm with you, cimcoe. I've become less of a fan of Derek's in recent seasons and in fact he's one of the reasons I almost never watch anymore but I'm going to give him credit for how he's responded to losing when most thought they were going to win. I still remember back to Mario & Karina when they lost and the sour grapes in interviews afterward.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

Post by cimcoe Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm

MissLittle wrote:Only Tony was on. Melissa was on her way home to Dallas.

Thanks for posting, that was a great and funny interview! Awww, Melissa had been invited too but wanted to fly back to Dallas to be with her family. :Smiley:

Wow did you see what he said about the voting - he said from what he understands it was a landslide. I really do believe it was not as close as people probably assumed, because if you re-watch the finale Melissa and Tony were getting a winner's edit the whole way through and there was so much foreshadowing to them being the winners. From the clips being shown of the finalists where Melissa and Tony were always being shown last, to the statements both Tom and Brooke were making, Brooke was practically hitting it over our heads that they were the winners during her interview of them. I thought well that could be Brooke just being Brooke giggling but the evidence was really mounting with the how the whole ep was being edited. So I think the show already knew going into it that Melissa and Tony had won even before the Instant dance, and that the voting gap was too wide for Shawn and Derek to be able to make it up even with perfect scores on their final dance unless Melissa completely forgot her routine and bombed it which we know wouldn't have happened.

The moment at which I really was feeling like Melissa and Tony were going to win was when Tom tweeted earlier that day a pic of himself smiling, and he said we'd find out why that night. He would have known how the voting had gone by then, and he ADORES Melissa, and I just felt like that was his way of hinting that they had won. I know he'd be happy if Shawn and Derek had won too, but I don't think he'd have tweeted a smiling pic of himself like that if he knew Melissa had lost to Shawn again.
cimcoe
cimcoe

Female Posts : 1154

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm

That was such a funny interview. Loved the gift, lol.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:13 pm

cimcoe wrote:Wow did you see what he said about the voting - he said from what he understands it was a landslide. I really do believe it was not as close as people probably assumed, because if you re-watch the finale Melissa and Tony were getting a winner's edit the whole way through and there was so much foreshadowing to them being the winners. From the clips being shown of the finalists where Melissa and Tony were always being shown last, to the statements both Tom and Brooke were making, Brooke was practically hitting it over our heads that they were the winners during her interview of them. I thought well that could be Brooke just being Brooke giggling but the evidence was really mounting with the how the whole ep was being edited. So I think the show already knew going into it that Melissa and Tony had won even before the Instant dance, and that the voting gap was too wide for Shawn and Derek to be able to make it up even with perfect scores on their final dance unless Melissa completely forgot her routine and bombed it which we know wouldn't have happened.

The moment at which I really was feeling like Melissa and Tony were going to win was when Tom tweeted earlier that day a pic of himself smiling, and he said we'd find out why that night. He would have known how the voting had gone by then, and he ADORES Melissa, and I just felt like that was his way of hinting that they had won. I know he'd be happy if Shawn and Derek had won too, but I don't think he'd have tweeted a smiling pic of himself like that if he knew Melissa had lost to Shawn again.

I have to watch the show again to get the whole feeling. I do remember the tweeted picture of him smiling. My thoughts immediately went to Melissa, though I didn't want to get my hopes up. Just the playful interaction he has with her, with the hugs each show, the way he went to hug her after they had won, etc. I also remember on the first results show of the season, when he was talking to them, he said: It's a pleasure to welcome you back, my friend. They have also had some funny banter on Twitter. Can't remember much of it at the top of my head, but I remember reading tweet convos between them and being thoroughly entertained.

Another thing that made me smile this season was Len and him openly supporting her. I loved that! In the bts footage in the results show... how many times he shouted encouraging words to her. She really impressed him this season, which was wonderful to see. He was grouchy with most of the couples, but not with her.
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks for posting the interviews. I am gonna to miss getting daaily videos.

The whole Melissa/Molly/jason thing is so 3 years ago. They have moved on and it's time for the fans too also.

I thought it was stupid for jimmy to even bring up jason on the show. I thought she handled it well.
Ally
Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Melissa Rycroft‏@MelissaRycroft

Home. In PJ's. Feet up. Hello Relaxation, it's been awhile ;-)

Well deserved rest I'd say
Ally
Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 pm

I think Len wanted Melissa to win all season..He was really impressed with her. However, Carrie Ann wanted her golden boy to win again and who knows who Bruno wanted to win? LOL I wish they would replace him. Too many younger age kids watch this for all of his shenanigans and the way he carry's on.. Plus 9 times out of 10 he scores the same as Carrie Ann. : (
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Ally wrote:Thanks for posting the interviews. I am gonna to miss getting daaily videos.

The whole Melissa/Molly/jason thing is so 3 years ago. They have moved on and it's time for the fans too also.

I thought it was stupid for jimmy to even bring up jason on the show. I thought she handled it well.

I totally agree. It was dumb!! All parties involved have moved on and everyone else should, too.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 pm

LoveDovez wrote:I think Len wanted Melissa to win all season..He was really impressed with her. However, Carrie Ann wanted her golden boy to win again and who knows who Bruno wanted to win? LOL I wish they would replace him. Too many younger age kids watch this for all of his shenanigans and the way he carry's on.. Plus 9 times out of 10 he scores the same as Carrie Ann. : (

What I did notice was how often Bruno stood up during Melissa's critique. It sort of became a habit of his just to underline a point. giggling I could do without all the suggestive language, though. There are children watching this show...

Carrie Ann... She's consistent... Consistently drooling over the men and always finding faults with the women.

Len, for all his grouchy critique I think really took to Melissa because she tried to improve her technique and succeeded. I also think she charmed him. I remember in the bts footage on the results show after country night, they seemed to have a little skit going on when he said he was leaving. I found that to be pretty charming, too. :Smiley:
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 pm

cimcoe wrote:
Shawn Johnson ‏@ShawnJohnson
Going to miss these guys... @melissarycroft @tonydovolani @iamvalc @kellymonaco1 @derekhough #dwts http://instagr.am/p/SoG0NCg3iN/

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 Proxy

Awe....I love this pic! Great dance couples....best season IMO!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:02 am

DCC director Kelli Finglass wrote this on the DCC official site:

“Dancing With Our Stars”
By Kelli Finglass - November 29, 2012

I have to take a moment to brag and gloat about our own Melissa Rycroft winning this season’s Dancing With the Stars.

Some of you may not know, but Melissa danced with our stars on her uniform for two seasons as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. She cheered for the Cowboys in 2006 and 2007.

I remember nicknaming Melissa “Punky Brewster” in our 2006 auditions because she reminded me of the ’80s child actress made famous by her warm, funny and fresh-faced charm. Melissa encountered the same challenges all rookie candidates experience in Summer Training Camp: kick lines, jump splits, Miss Kitty and my office. I remember Melissa as hardworking, diligent, enthusiastic and always smiling. (Except for the time she was warned for having a lack of energy one week in my office on national TV and we discovered she had mono!)

Although Melissa was timid on her first swimsuit calendar shoot, she revealed a soft, smoky sex appeal that landed her as Miss January in the 2008 Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Swimsuit Calendar.

After turning in her boots and poms, Mellissa took off on a new journey … in search of the infamous “rose” made famous by the reality show The Bachelor.

After being jilted on Season 13 of The Bachelor, Melissa captured the hearts of America and became a force to be reckoned with. She dusted herself off and took third Place on Season 8 of Dancing With the Stars.

Melissa was named to People magazine’s list of World’s Most Beautiful People in 2009 and was also featured on Maxim’s list of “Hot 100 of 2009.”

I expect big things for Melissa, and I hope she will hold close to her heart the DCC creed to: “Promise herself to live in the faith that the whole world is on her side, as long as she is true to the best that is in her.”

Melissa has become America’s Sweetheart, and I am proud that she wore the star-spangled uniform and started her career as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

Bring that Mirror Ball Trophy back home to Dallas, Melissa, and let us see its sparkle!

http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/articles/behind-the-scenes/dancing-with-our-stars/
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 am

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 822x.jpg?cb=52951

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 822x.jpg?cb=52867

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 822x.jpg?cb=52974

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 822x.jpg?cb=52991

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion - Page 7 63727_294853790631106_33680250_n
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 50 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Melissa Rycroft & Tye Strickland - Discussion

+46
Lennoxcolinrolland
mindless
Maddy
MiniDiva
rhondam