Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by atem on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Lisa Doherty ‏@LeeSaw_Dee  Apr 7
The ONE has been chosen. Bachelor Canada announcement next week.

Her bio says she works for Bachelor Canada

I'm on a hunt! Did we miss this?? Confused.He/she has no followers. Either a leak, or bogus.

Me ‏@Me24651795  Apr 3
New Bachelor Canada is Michael Burns VP at AudienceView [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] …  #BachelorCanada #Toronto @toronto_life @TorontoStar

ETA: I tweeted both of them asking them to follow me so I can DM, probably useless, but I thought I'd try.  hehehe

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seems really bland in that pic! Interesting.
avatar
atem

Posts : 23211
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by atem on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:32 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I have never read anything related to Bachelorette Canada. It's strange that they are doing another season of the Bachelor and not Bachelorette.

I saw awhile back they were doing a contest, but I never followed up to see who won. It's on their website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hello! I posted who won! LOL What was interesting to me that it was obvious the single mom was in the lead and suddenly it was that gymnast teacher (who I don't see with the possible guy posted here at all). I asked if anyone thought it was due to the guy picked not wanting a single mom.
avatar
atem

Posts : 23211
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Sorry I didn't see your post.  peace 

She was chosen Mar 3rd. But if they are announcing the Bachelor next week, do you think they would have waited this long to announce him? I guess it depends on how many girls they had picked by Mar 3rd. Maybe they weren't finished the process until recently and now they are ready to announce him.

I hope they had him chosen before they chose the girls though and he had some input. Unlike that other show. laugh out loud


___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43214
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by atem on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:13 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Sorry I didn't see your post.  peace 

She was chosen Mar 3rd. But if they are announcing the Bachelor next week, do you think they would have waited this long to announce him? I guess it depends on how many girls they had picked by Mar 3rd. Maybe they weren't finished the process until recently and now they are ready to announce him.

I hope they had him chosen before they chose the girls though and he had some input. Unlike that other show. laugh out loud

The contest was between three woman to be one of the Bachettes, not 'The Bachelorette'. It took Canada two years to do this one, so I highly doubt they are doing a Bachelorette. I wonder if it only did so-so in the ratings, because you know darn well there would be a Bachelorette, if it were a smash hit.

I frankly thought it odd how long the waited until even looking for another Bachelor for the show.
avatar
atem

Posts : 23211
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:02 pm

CH announced in the spring of 2012 on Breakfast Television that Bachelor was coming to Canada. May 1st it was announed the bachelor was Brad Smith.

They started production in the spring, it aired October 2012.

No seasons in 2013. This is the same thing that happened with Battle of the Blades.

IMO it's more of a cost rather than ratings. Bell Media bought out Astral, Rogers is always competing. You can't compare the Canadian market to the US. They are all struggeling with everyone watching via the internet, times have changed.

I find it odd that they start production in the spring, like anytime now, but it's not aired until Oct? It's only 9 or so episodes. It seems like a long time between filming and airing.

I'll take one season every two years. I really enjoyed the Canadian version, it was the same as the US but different in so many ways. Maybe just because they were Canadian.
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18460
Join date : 2011-03-22

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by anders on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:50 pm

I remember it being reported that production had no plans to do a Canadian "ette season any time soon. I believe it was sometime around the end of Brad's season.

What I liked about the Canadian version was that they didn't make the drama the main focus - they focused more on the ladies and their relationship with Brad. Of course there was drama, but it wasn't highlighted anywhere near as it is in the US Version.

I found it rather bland at times because they didnt' use music very much, it was a very 'silent' season - if you know what I mean. And the music they did use was rather horrible.
avatar
anders

Posts : 5398
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 55
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Aunties_Love on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Admin wrote:CH announced in the spring of 2012 on Breakfast Television that Bachelor was coming to Canada. May 1st it was announed the bachelor was Brad Smith.

They started production in the spring, it aired October 2012.

No seasons in 2013. This is the same thing that happened with Battle of the Blades.

IMO it's more of a cost rather than ratings. Bell Media bought out Astral, Rogers is always competing. You can't compare the Canadian market to the US. They are all struggeling with everyone watching via the internet, times have changed.

I find it odd that they start production in the spring, like anytime now, but it's not aired until Oct? It's only 9 or so episodes. It seems like a long time between filming and airing.

I'll take one season every two years. I really enjoyed the Canadian version, it was the same as the US but  different in so many ways. Maybe just because they were Canadian.
I "believe" production will happen on Vancouver Island again. They haven't sold the mansion near Bear Mountain Golf Course in Victoria so think that they'd use it again. The pre-filming began beginning of April with the season filming beginning the 3rd week in April and shooting ending beginning of June. I thought I saw somewhere but can't put my finger on it yet that there will be more epis and longer ones this time. I could be wrong though.
avatar
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 7569
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 48
Location : Island Time

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
I "believe" production will happen on Vancouver Island again.  They haven't sold the mansion near Bear Mountain Golf Course in Victoria so think that they'd use it again.  The pre-filming began beginning of April with the season filming beginning the 3rd week in April and shooting ending beginning of June.  I thought I saw somewhere but can't put my finger on it yet that there will be more epis and longer ones this time.  I could be wrong though.

I read that there was going to be some changes. I went looking for it and this is the one I read. You might have read something different.

The Bachelor gets cozier.
The Bachelor Canada is also coming back for a second season and this time, they are going to be casting a bigger net to find both the bachelor and his bachelorettes.  You’ll remember that last time, producers hand picked Brad Smith, but this time, guys will be able to apply to be the bachelor. City execs also told TVGuide Canada, that the season will feature more episodes and possible a Big Brother-esque twist that will feature cameras in the bachelorette’s house.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43214
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Aunties_Love on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
I "believe" production will happen on Vancouver Island again.  They haven't sold the mansion near Bear Mountain Golf Course in Victoria so think that they'd use it again.  The pre-filming began beginning of April with the season filming beginning the 3rd week in April and shooting ending beginning of June.  I thought I saw somewhere but can't put my finger on it yet that there will be more epis and longer ones this time.  I could be wrong though.

I read that there was going to be some changes. I went looking for it and this is the one I read. You might have read something different.

The Bachelor gets cozier.
The Bachelor Canada is also coming back for a second season and this time, they are going to be casting a bigger net to find both the bachelor and his bachelorettes.  You’ll remember that last time, producers hand picked Brad Smith, but this time, guys will be able to apply to be the bachelor. City execs also told TVGuide Canada, that the season will feature more episodes and possible a Big Brother-esque twist that will feature cameras in the bachelorette’s house.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I did read something along those lines but not the Big Brother-esq twist with the cameras. They were talking about making the episodes 2 hours and more of them as that was a lot of the complaints that they got the last time around.
avatar
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 7569
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 48
Location : Island Time

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by anders on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:16 am

complaints from who?

I'd prefer they keep the epis to 1.5 hrs - I find the problem with the 2 hr epis (ala USA) is that they don't fill that time with anything substantial, but with useless drama.

When we hear about some of the stuff that happened between the lead and their F1 that we didnt' get to see (Jesse bringing Deanna breakfast in bed, or Roberto sitting with Ali waiting for her limo to arrive after an RC) that's the stuff I wish they would've shown us rather than all the crap stuff.
avatar
anders

Posts : 5398
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 55
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:21 am

What's Different About This Season?
Don't worry, not too much. Dramatic stakes remain high following last season's hectic pace. The only major difference planned is to adjust the length of the episodes. (This is mainly to deal with that "reality TV bloat," [my term] where episodes seem to drag on forever.)

"Season 1 worked because we found a group of girls who were ready to get married, and we found a guy [Brad Smith] who was in that place as well," said De Vries. "This isn't like 'Survivor' or 'Celebrity Apprentice,' where it's a competition and there's going to be a winner at the end. This is about falling in love and being with someone. You really hope it works out. What I'd like to do this year is make the episodes shorter and tighter. I like the strength of tight one-hour episodes. "


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Have a nice life" . Gord Downie #TheHip

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 43214
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by atem on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:32 am

I'm confused. They are doing one hour episodes and then also a Big Brother theme? Why?! I think 1 hr sucks even more than 2 or 1 1/2.
avatar
atem

Posts : 23211
Join date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Season 2 - Premiere Sept 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum