SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 44 of 45 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 pm

agentcurls wrote:
jojo47 wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:But she also said the show was kind of a learning curve for her.  If she wanted Brooks from the start, how does that fit her quote.  What did she learn in relation to Brooks, what changed?  How did she go from what she wanted to what she needed?  And I don't think the want and need both refer to Brooks, IMO, it's one or the other.

Agree with your interpretation here Pav, especially the part about Brooks not being both the "want" and "need". It's one or the other.

The learning curve also sounds familiar.
I don't think Brooks is both.

What she thought she wanted may have been something more "sure thing", something easier, like it perhaps is with someone like Chris and Drew who can so easily profess their love and say all the right things (I'm NOT saying that is a negative thing).

Maybe Brooks is the one she "needs" in the end, even it if was less than perfect and easy.

She came on the show with preconceived notions and Brooks changed that. End of story. :Smiley: 

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 44 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Rolly Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Agentcurls, I like it...Brooks is the one she "needs" in the end, even if it was less than perfect and easy....
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:23 pm

agentcurls wrote:Des' theme of the season has been her living a fairytale. Maybe she was rather idealistic about falling in love and wanted it to go a certain way during this experience.

But maybe what she found she needed was something more grounded, raw, honest, ultimately true, albeit messy and not tied up with a pretty little pink bow.

I agree. One object of the show is to get engaged and put a ring on it. She probably realized she didn't want the ring if he wasn't ready to propose as much as she just needed Brooks.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:26 pm

I always thought she meant going into the show with one type in mind, and ending up with a different type.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Now that there is only 2 weeks left of this "journey", I wonder if Des will begin talking about "being engaged", "being happy" or anything along those lines.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by yrkiemommy Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Now that there is only 2 weeks left of this "journey", I wonder if Des will begin talking about "being engaged", "being happy" or anything along those lines.

Do they do that anymore?  I can't remember although I don't think Emily did.  Can't remember Ashley. I know Ali didn't because they wanted everyone to think she picked no one
yrkiemommy
yrkiemommy

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:21 pm

yrkiemommy wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Now that there is only 2 weeks left of this "journey", I wonder if Des will begin talking about "being engaged", "being happy" or anything along those lines.

Do they do that anymore?  I can't remember although I don't think Emily did.  Can't remember Ashley. I know Ali didn't because they wanted everyone to think she picked no one

Besides, Des' glow can speak volumes.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 pm

pavalygurl wrote:But she also said the show was kind of a learning curve for her.  If she wanted Brooks from the start, how does that fit her quote.  What did she learn in relation to Brooks, what changed?  How did she go from what she wanted to what she needed?  And I don't think the want and need both refer to Brooks, IMO, it's one or the other.

Totally agree pavalygurl!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Buckeye_Fan wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:What comes to mind personally is "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." I try to adhere to the two strikes policy myself. Good few posts to wake up to!

You and I are on the same page.  I agree with everything you are posting!

People are saying that Brooks is cautious, and that is a good thing.  Yes, he may be cautious.  Or is it that he thinks Des is great, but he's not really in love with her?  Many people initially become infatuated with the person who ends up being their life partner.  OTOH, many people start out as friends first and it blossoms.  There just isn't time for that on this show!

Brooks reminds me of the guys I used to go for.  They liked me a lot, but not as much as I liked them.  After having my heart broken for the umpteenth time, I figured out that I was going for the wrong guys.  Then I met my husband, who is more like Chris and Drew (not quite as hot, but hot enough for me!  :arrowlove: ).   I think I chose wisely!  :Smiley: 

That's not to say Brooks is the wrong guy.  Maybe he did realize when (and if) he walked away, he was losing a great thing.  But Kasha has words of wisdom.  If she took him back, will he walk away again?
I agree with both of you! I too have a hubby now that is more like Drew/Chris. A solid man with a great heart that will help me move forward in life and support me no matter what. And we've been through some hard times in our lives, but he never gave up and left. Now, with Kasha, I think you are right too. IF Brooks left because he wanted to, then since her door seems to still be open to the other guys, I wonder why she'd still go after the ones that she loves more than they love her?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:47 am

Luvstruck wrote:
agentcurls wrote:Des' theme of the season has been her living a fairytale. Maybe she was rather idealistic about falling in love and wanted it to go a certain way during this experience.

But maybe what she found she needed was something more grounded, raw, honest, ultimately true, albeit messy and not tied up with a pretty little pink bow.

I agree.  One object of the show is to get engaged and put a ring on it. She probably realized she didn't want the ring if he wasn't ready to propose as much as she just needed Brooks.

i suspect many had missed this vid :

as 1 veteran has pointed out : there is a reason why they delayed/moved the premiere from May 20th to 27th. They need to fill in the blanks with new scenes to complete her fairy tale story/ending...giggling . This vid is one of the filler :yes: 

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:31 pm

BarbB222 wrote:
yrkiemommy wrote:

Funny that you should mention Des' glow -- I thought that there was no glow last night at all. Maybe she was just coached to make it appear that their big ending was "the most dramatic ever". If she is glowing after the finale...and if Brooks proposes....then that glow is pathetic because all it speaks is that she got the guy she pined away about even though he was not ready for a life with her. Who wants a guy who isn't DYING to live his life with you?? I trust that her look is pensive at the finale. Otherwise, she has learned nothing about herself.

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:51 pm

LLiza wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
yrkiemommy wrote:

Funny that you should mention Des' glow -- I thought that there was no glow last night at all.  Maybe she was just coached to make it appear that their big ending was "the most dramatic ever".  If she is glowing after the finale...and if Brooks proposes....then that glow is pathetic because all it speaks is that she got the guy she pined away about even though he was not ready for a life with her.  Who wants a guy who isn't DYING to live his life with you?? I trust that her look is pensive at the finale.  Otherwise, she has learned nothing about herself.

Conversely, what guy would want a girl who wasn't dying to live with him? That would be the case if she was with Drew or Chris, IMO. It's obviously been Brooks this whole season. Maybe it just took him a little longer to come to that conclusion.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 45 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 9 - Contestants - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+68
Luvstruck
Rolly
agentcurls
jojo47
iamreal2u