SELECT CONTENT

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by 2observe Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:16 pm

albean99 wrote:Phillip Phillips's single went Platinum but his album is gold. Still he has done better than I expected. There's no question Idol has done the best at helping it's winners & other contestants find levels of success than the other shows but for me it's lost it's appeal in recent seasons. Maybe it's all the WGWG winners. The Voice is just fresher and a more interesting format to me.

Kellie Pickler has also done well. My personal favorite is Chris Daughtry though.

Vicci Martinez's single seems to be doing well & is getting radio play. Cee Lo singing on it doesn't hurt. :Nod:

Even the ones from Idol that don't currently have albums out, have continued to have success either on broadway (Clay Aikens) or in the movies (Jordan Sparks and Jennifer Hudson.) Fantasia has a new album and if she can get her private life together she'll be fine. So imo, Idol has the greatest exposure and the greatest success for contestants. jmo Hugesmile
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by 2observe Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:23 pm

I really like The Voice because it's different, but I was really disappointed that the winners have not made the Top 10 in their respectives genres(sp?)(country, pop or r & b.)
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by HowSoonIsNow Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:54 pm

My fav so far: Savannah. The one who sang "Safe & Sound". Truly sublime.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:48 pm

I agree with you 2observe.

I think the top four women of Idol would fare well compared to The Voice participants. They are incredibly talented. And I think that the Voice is actually more judges oriented. Its all in how it is spun in our heads, I guess. I really like the 'Idol' engine of success as somehow they have the wherewithal to make it happen for the winners and even the non winners. The Voice is great TV as a show, though. I quite like a few of the peeps singing on there right now. A lot of talent and I hope they actually make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:08 pm

avoice wrote:I agree with you 2observe.

I think the top four women of Idol would fare well compared to The Voice participants. They are incredibly talented. And I think that the Voice is actually more judges oriented. Its all in how it is spun in our heads, I guess. I really like the 'Idol' engine of success as somehow they have the wherewithal to make it happen for the winners and even the non winners. The Voice is great TV as a show, though. I quite like a few of the peeps singing on there right now. A lot of talent and I hope they actually make it.

Usher may change that, at least I hope he will. He definitely has the ability to make a Mega star.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:53 am

I love this show! Last night's battle rounds blew me away!

There were a couple of surprises as far as eliminations, but then they got picked up in the "steal".

I think the reason I am so connected to The Voice is becuse it is so much more focused on the contestant. I'm loving the advice the coaches and guest singers are giving. Some of them have made amazing progress in just a few weeks.

Tonight is the last night for battle rounds. I honestly hate to see anyone eliminated but IMO they do it with class and style.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:14 am

I so love the Voice. They have the best judges of all the shows IMO but I also love the battle rounds and the steals. It gives hope that when you go all out and sing well that someone else will pick you up. I think Blake made a mistake on his first steal because he should have gotten Patrick. I didn't understand Adam keeping Midas Whale. I though they were a hot mess but then I'm not a fan of duos.

Shakira's a really good coach. She makes me laugh during the show but she knows her stuff when she's giving suggestions. Usher's also very good.

My dh is disappointed that Blake is focusing mostly on country singers this season. He's really being obvious about it and we wonder if non-country singers will continue to pick him.

I can't worry too much about the success of Idol singers over the Voice. That may change as Idol's popularity decreases but for me the Voice is a more compelling show these days and I will continue to watch. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15295

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 am

albean I feel the same way about Blake, all he really cares about is country singers for his team...should make others think twice about choosing him. Was surprised Luke chose him over Usher, because I have a feeling he won't last long with Blake.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Love all these interviews.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Great interviews! Thanks for posting them Brill! rose
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 pm

I would rather watch The Voice and all of the talented singers even though they may have not made it to the big time after.
I guess because I just LOVE the show, the coaches and the fun they have with each other.
The singers are just amazing and it is sad to see some go through the battle rounds but that is the way it is. I really like that they added the steals giving some another chance.
I liked AI when it first came out but have gotten tired of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:09 pm

The voice is great tv. But I also like AI because we get to connect to the hopefuls for a much longer time, week after week. Its a real bonding with the viewers. And It think it may contribute to the success of the winners... how much the viewers bonded with the leads can cause the applause to continue ... eg: the success of Phillip Phillips.

The voice is a great show but wonderful people are discarded so fast in the cut rounds that the viewers don't connect as much to the talent as they do with the judges. And, I agree, it is the judges that really keep my glued.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Voice - Season 4 - Spoilers - Discussion

+16
Widder Woman
DMBFan
docnash14
atem
HowSoonIsNow