SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 54 of 81 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 67 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by Guest Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Horrific attack in Barcelona, Spain. Prayers and thoughts are with them.

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:22 pm

It's horrible. I pray for all those affected to find comfort knowing the world is thinking of them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 pm

group hug

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:45 pm

I hope everyone in Texas who may be in harm's way take the necessary precautions. Stay safe. I hope it's not as bad as expected. What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 3552228123

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:05 am

Prayers for all in Texas.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:47 pm

Prayers to those in Houston and Texas Gulf. Be safe. What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 1f64f

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:09 am

I have seen so many images on my twitter feed, my heart truly hurts for Texas. I can't imagine what they are going through. I hope they all get the help they need very quickly and everyone is safe.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:22 am

I have several sorority sisters in the Houston area and the stories over the feeds are heartbreaking. One's home is on very high ground and they should be ok.
The other was being evacuated last night.
Houston is USA's 4th largest city. This is a population over 2 million people and that does not cover the areas outside of the gulf that are effected.
This is so devastating.
Thank you to all helping. Be safe.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:04 am

Forest fires in British Columbia Canada that won't quite. Thousands have been evacuated.

Beautiful Italy has been burning for months. sad

https://www.facebook.com/franco.pinto1
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 Italy10
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 Italy110
What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 Italy210

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:32 pm

Oh no. sad I saw this earlier this morning and it was just a tropical storm.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by motheroffive Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:59 pm

Hi - I live in Houston and feel very blessed to not have been impacted by any flooding from Harvey. I know everyone wants to help in some way so, at the request of another member, I thought I would post some ways that you all can contribute. There are tons more, every church has a fund set up and lots more organizations like the Salvation Army and Samaritans Purse have funds as well, but I thought I would just mention a few. At this point I think cash donations are the most helpful. Most of the people who flooded did not have flood insurance so FEMA and other donations are their only way for financial help.

My personal favorite is https://www.youcaring.com/victimsofhurricaneharvey-915053
This is a fund set up by J.J. Watt, who, if you do not follow NFL football, is a Texan and the greatest guy ever. So far he has raised about 12 million dollars which will be administered by him and every penny will go to Harvey relief.

ABC has been doing a huge push for the Red Cross. Everyone has their opinions about the Red Cross but here is the info.

The American Red Cross is accepting donations at https://www.redcross.org. You can also text HARVEY to 90999 to donate $10.

Locally the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund at https://ghcf.org/hurricane-relief/ of Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, which is administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation.

The United Way of Greater Houston flood relief fund at https://www.unitedwayhouston.org/flood/ donations will be used to help with immediate needs as well as long-term services like minor home repair. Visit their website to donate or text UWFLOOD to 41444.

To help animals suffering from the disaster, visit the Houston Humane Society or the San Antonio Humane Society. The Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has set up an animal emergency response hotline (713-861-3010) and is accepting donations on its website.

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 am

@motheroffive Glad you and your family are safe! Thanks for the links!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 8367-910 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 I_got_13 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 E5kqdm15 What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 54 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 81 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 67 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny