SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 78 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 78 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:07 am

To all those who celebrate!

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 78 Happy-Easter-Quotes

https://easter-screensavers.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71352

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 78 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 29, 2019 11:37 am

I'm saddened to see the destruction of tornadoes in parts of different states. Now I just saw a alert for a tornado warning in parts of New York City!

Please be safe everyone and do whatever you need to do to be protected.

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 78 3552228123

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Happy Canada Day to all Canadians celebrating our beautiful country!  What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 78 1122970954  What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 78 1122970954

#WeTheNorth!

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 78 20140620_MPWP_CanadaDay_Feature_950x390_EN

source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 am

I hope our Aussie members and everyone affected, is safe!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 am

So many earthquakes lately!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:18 pm

It's been a few days now, but the shooting at the Garlic Festival still really has me down. I live very close to there. My sister lives in Gilroy. I know people that were there. I drove by it myself Sunday afternoon and contemplated stopping but it was getting late and I knew it would be closing soon. I just don't understand how a person can be driven to that extreme. I guess all we can do is live our lives, be observant, and try to stay safe.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:12 pm

A change in gun laws would be a good step too.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:13 am

**Please do not get into any debates on gun laws. That is not the point of my post.**

I live just 55 miles from the Dayton, Ohio shootings. It is all that is on network tv for those local stations today. I have many friends in that area as well.

The latest press conference identified the shooter as a 24 year old young man who was killed by police that responded in less than 60 seconds to the scene. They then listed the 9 victims. One of the reporters quickly asked for verification of one of the victim names. A 22 year old female with the same last name as the shooter. It was confirmed. She was his sister.

I am so sad for those parents. To have your son be the cause of this and killed in the process is bad enough. But to have your daughter as one of the victims. Heartbreaking.

I have been staying in the house this weekend so caught a lot of the coverage about El Paso yesterday then to have this happen overnight last night so close to me.

My heart is breaking for ALL families that have lost loved ones and those who were injured or even in the area this weekend.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:38 am

HavaDrPepper wrote:**Please do not get into any debates on gun laws.  That is not the point of my post.**

I live just 55 miles from the Dayton, Ohio shootings.  It is all that is on network tv for those local stations today.  I have many friends in that area as well.

The latest press conference identified the shooter as a 24 year old young man who was killed by police that responded in less than 60 seconds to the scene.  They then listed the 9 victims.  One of the reporters quickly asked for verification of one of the victim names.  A 22 year old female with the same last name as the shooter. It was confirmed.  She was his sister.

I am so sad for those parents.  To have your son be the cause of this and killed in the process is bad enough. But to have your daughter as one of the victims.  Heartbreaking.

I have been staying in the house this weekend so caught a lot of the coverage about El Paso yesterday then to have this happen overnight last night so close to me.

My heart is breaking for ALL families that have lost loved ones and those who were injured or even in the area this weekend.

I agree, this isn't the place for a gun debate. I'm sure if there is a solution to this problem it will consist of many things - not just addressing guns.

When the Gilroy shooting took place, a very good friend of mine from El Paso called to see if I was safe. Now days later, I did the same for her. In less than 24 hours, another city is rocked by this type of violence. My heart goes out to all those hurting from these senseless acts. I agree about the parents of the latest shooter, to lose two kids - I can't imagine.

I was telling my son about the El Paso shooting and commented that it almost makes you not want to go anywhere. I have a serious fear of flying and told him that I guess I should feel more safe flying than when going to the store or a concert or a festival.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:45 am

There aren't any words that I can find on how to express my sorrow for all those involved. Tragic for everyone.

Paraphrasing the Pope, I'm just going to pray for those that are "defenseless", and those mother's father's sister's brother's family and friends who have lost their loved ones in a horrific situation. I cannot imagine the last seconds of life, living it in that manner.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:08 am

The latest press conference by the chief of police including talking about the 6 police officers that were involved. All 6 fired a weapon and are now on administrative leave per department policy. At this point they don't know which was the fatal shot.

They also showed a very graphic video (did not include any victims) of the police engaging with the shooter. He was trying to enter a bar when he went down... a place that many had run into to get out of the way of the gunfire on the street. He literally was on the doorstep of the place when he went down.

In other words, had the police not taken this shooter down when they did, there could have been a much larger loss of life. The weapon he was using had a 100 rounds in it and he had more drum rounds he could have used. The police chief used the word "catastrophic" as to loss of life if he had entered the bar.

The area where this happened is an area of the city with lots of restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment venues. A place for people to go hang out with friends at night. There is a police presence in this area during these times as well. All the deaths happened in the street where thankfully the police could react very quickly.

My heart is heavy for Dayton tonight. It's been a rough couple of months for the city. They had 14 tornadoes hit during the overnight hours of Memorial Day.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:52 am

@HavaDrPepper, words fail me. Sending as much love and comfort as I can. PINKHEARTPINKHEART
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 81 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny