Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by northernviewer on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It's really weird that Ben is tweeting to past Bachelor contestants that Ashley knows. Do they know he isn't the F1? If you were a friend of Ashley's would you be making plans to head to SF to hang out with her fiancee? Only thing that makes sense is that Britt, Marissa, and maybe Shawntel know that he isn't the F1. Which seems very different from seasons past ... no wonder RS seems to certain about the F1 but also about their current status (happy, still engaged, etc)

sounds similar to Chris L.... wasn't he making public plans with the boys from the show? Chantal was out there too. If there's any pattern to follow about this show ... it's the actions of the F1 and the F2 in the months following taping.

northernviewer

Female Posts : 4504

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe it's to keep fans guessing.

This is totally different then before. TPTB have never used past contestants or current contestants as pawns in their schemes. That's what the lead's media rounds are for.

I am having a hard time believing that MF is using Britt, Marissa, and Ben to throw off the F1 scent. Don't get me started on Ash S. She clearly knows the ending is openly tweeting about Ashley's love story. At least Ali and Trista are still "guessing" about who they think F1 will be. Add to that the missing SC's and this season is just bizarre.

Bizarre season yes, missing SCs yes, tweeting past contestants, RS positive but why? What happened this season to make things so different? Ashley is beautiful, the guys are great looking with great personalities (with the exception of Bentley), they have wonderful travel adventures but what is different. All the ingredients were there to make great tv. I keep asking myself what would make this season so different?

As for the RS spoilers and the missing SCs, seems as though they are tied together. RS has been given part-information and by the same token - so have we.
TPTB are releasing only to the extent that they absolutely can. Now I know that JP has been spoiled F1/engaged but if that is true (not yet convinced) then the run up to his win is way too much of a slam-dunk.
I'm alone in thinking that the clues to the end of the season are what has been revealed to us in her post-show interviews. Obviously I could be wrong but I have a gut feeling that the Aha moments will come on review.
Do I need :hidingchair (love this icon !)

nd4reality

Female Posts : 11637

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I keep asking myself what would make this season so different?

Heck of a question. There are a couple of possibilities. One is that a departed contestant has played a much bigger role in the story than I've ever seen before - he's been the spoiler who would normally have been around to nearly the end. We've never seen that to this extent and it certainly has warped the story so far. Without Bentley to kick around anymore what do we have?

Another thing - which I do not believe was intended - is that fans see Ashley as a total moron over the Bentley story and if they want her to be seen as a viewer-draw (eg for possible DWTS inclusion) they have to make her out to be less of a fool. One way to redeem her would be to show a love story and one way to get fans behind that is to leak it.

Brilliant! You put the pieces together for me. bowdown I keep forgetting about the business end of the love story but it does all come down to viewers which equals money.

Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I keep asking myself what would make this season so different?

Heck of a question. There are a couple of possibilities. One is that a departed contestant has played a much bigger role in the story than I've ever seen before - he's been the spoiler who would normally have been around to nearly the end. We've never seen that to this extent and it certainly has warped the story so far. Without Bentley to kick around anymore what do we have?

Another thing - which I do not believe was intended - is that fans see Ashley as a total moron over the Bentley story and if they want her to be seen as a viewer-draw (eg for possible DWTS inclusion) they have to make her out to be less of a fool. One way to redeem her would be to show a love story and one way to get fans behind that is to leak it.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe it's to keep fans guessing.

This is totally different then before. TPTB have never used past contestants or current contestants as pawns in their schemes. That's what the lead's media rounds are for.

I am having a hard time believing that MF is using Britt, Marissa, and Ben to throw off the F1 scent. Don't get me started on Ash S. She clearly knows the ending is openly tweeting about Ashley's love story. At least Ali and Trista are still "guessing" about who they think F1 will be. Add to that the missing SC's and this season is just bizarre.

Thank you. The bolded is exactly what I have been trying to say. But I do question her maturity so that could be the reason. I would certainly not paint Ali and Trista with the same brush in terms of how they are handling the social media and the commenting on this season. Trista has always done a phenomenal job and so is Ali.
Overall - good post.

nd4reality

Female Posts : 11637

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't think they are being used. I think that they don't care and unless they are outright spilling the beans, they aren't violating any contracts. After the way this season has gone, what is Fleiss going to do? Sue them? Ben hasn't said anything either way. His tweet was about SF and his sanctioned video was about his date.

Sounds like some of the members of the beatdown crew have been giving away far more than they should have but then they aren't under contract anymore. Ashley and Marissa may want to be mindful the company they keep. They aren't associating w/favorites from the other seasons.

Umm yes, they casually give it away every week. What did Ashley do exactly? Wear this t-shirt to dinner with them one day?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:12 am

I don't think they are being used. I think that they don't care and unless they are outright spilling the beans, they aren't violating any contracts. After the way this season has gone, what is Fleiss going to do? Sue them? Ben hasn't said anything either way. His tweet was about SF and his sanctioned video was about his date.

Sounds like some of the members of the beatdown crew have been giving away far more than they should have but then they aren't under contract anymore. Ashley and Marissa may want to be mindful the company they keep. They aren't associating w/favorites from the other seasons.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:12 am

Bizarre season yes, missing SCs yes, tweeting past contestants, RS positive but why? What happened this season to make things so different? Ashley is beautiful, the guys are great looking with great personalities (with the exception of Bentley), they have wonderful travel adventures but what is different. All the ingredients were there to make great tv. I keep asking myself what would make this season so different?

Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 am

noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3461

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It's really weird that Ben is tweeting to past Bachelor contestants that Ashley knows. Do they know he isn't the F1? If you were a friend of Ashley's would you be making plans to head to SF to hang out with her fiancee? Only thing that makes sense is that Britt, Marissa, and maybe Shawntel know that he isn't the F1. Which seems very different from seasons past ... no wonder RS seems to certain about the F1 but also about their current status (happy, still engaged, etc)

Ben just doesn't care (I guess?) and everyone involved with this season or Brad's season knows the cat is out of the bag. The only thing I can think of is that all three of them cannot keep a secret and TPTB don't care anymore because everyone in the general audience thinks she ends up single thanks to Bentley.

Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 am

Maybe it's to keep fans guessing.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 am

It's really weird that Ben is tweeting to past Bachelor contestants that Ashley knows. Do they know he isn't the F1? If you were a friend of Ashley's would you be making plans to head to SF to hang out with her fiancee? Only thing that makes sense is that Britt, Marissa, and maybe Shawntel know that he isn't the F1. Which seems very different from seasons past ... no wonder RS seems to certain about the F1 but also about their current status (happy, still engaged, etc)

noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3461

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum