Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by bluwavz on June 21st 2011, 1:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think Mickey's problem is with someone else and I think Lucas's VO is either from another time and place or it's the inital WTH before she tells them she kicked Bentley to the curb.

I can agree on Lucas seeing as he stays a bit longer, but I'm not so sure about Mickey. In the preview he says to Ashley: "Obviously you lied to us", so that makes me think he is talking about the whole Bentley situation.

bluwavz
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 9293
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by noobsleuth on June 21st 2011, 1:35 pm

I really don't see Ashley's dad being a problem here. If she has daddy issues they would be brought up more and would have a Dr. Jamie following her around. But like Alanna said she has a dad who loves her alot. There's a difference between being father and dad and I think Ashley gets that because we have only heard about her dad once this season and it was in episode 2. Just like we never heard about the dead ex BF.

I think she fell for the "forbidden fruit" early on and she is now realizing that she has stronger feelings for other guys and needs to put a period at the end. We have to remember at this point she still thinks HE might want her because HE left the dot dot dot not her. She basically needs to break up with him and eliminate him for good... and tell him she will not being seeing him ever again regardless of the dot dot dot that HE gave.

The VO's of her walking up to his room are clearly from another time. And were just put there for the sake of the preview of upcoming drama. I even think the clip of her crying saying it's only going to get worse is after she eliminates Blake and whoever at the RC. Alot of Bettes cry after RC's when it starts to get down to the nitty gritty.

I think Mickey's problem is with someone else and I think Lucas's VO is either from another time and place or it's the inital WTH before she tells them she kicked Bentley to the curb.

noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3461
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 33
Location : On my couch

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by klarson79 on June 21st 2011, 1:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Brad is a special case IMO considering that he has two normal brothers while he's a wackadoo of the highest order. In any case, I think Ashley has as many issues, daddy or otherwise, as Jillian and Ali who both had dads growing up so I was just confused about what we were talking about in this thread.

:brav: :yes:

klarson79

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by CarrieA on June 21st 2011, 1:23 pm

Anyone who goes on this show for a second time has a screw lose in their head somewhere.. some may just have more than one lose at a time.

CarrieA

Female Posts : 3473
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Alanna on June 21st 2011, 1:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I being dumb? Doesn't she have a stepdad who is caring and wants her to finish school? Does he not count?

This sounds awful, but Brad had a few stepdads, including one who was there for a long enough time that Brad changed his last name to the stepdad's, and yet Brad still had all kinds of issues.....

Brad is a special case IMO considering that he has two normal brothers while he's a wackadoo of the highest order. In any case, I think Ashley has as many issues, daddy or otherwise, as Jillian and Ali who both had dads growing up so I was just confused about what we were talking about in this thread.

Alanna

Posts : 14525
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on June 21st 2011, 1:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I being dumb? Doesn't she have a stepdad who is caring and wants her to finish school? Does he not count?

This sounds awful, but Brad had a few stepdads, including one who was there for a long enough time that Brad changed his last name to the stepdad's, and yet Brad still had all kinds of issues.....

Stepdads can be wonderful, but they're still not YOUR dad - it's not like she never had contact with HER dad - didn't he walk out on the family? That's got to be very very tough, I can't imagine how that damages someone (especially since my ex essentially walked away from our son - on the outside he appears to be fine, but only he knows how that is affecting him). Kids internalize everything and I'd bet dollars to donuts somewhere along the line she's always wondered 'what if' or 'what could I have to make him stay' - all those things kids think when they think daddy leaving somehow is because of something they did.


Last edited by anders on June 21st 2011, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by ironcat on June 21st 2011, 1:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I being dumb? Doesn't she have a stepdad who is caring and wants her to finish school? Does he not count?

I'd actually forgotten that she has a step dad, but I think it still depends on when he came into her life, and how damaged she was by what her bio dad did when he was in her life. She may still not be over the feelings of loss, abandonment and guilt that kids sometimes have as a result of dealing with an abusive (alcoholic, I believe) parent.

ironcat

Posts : 4908
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Bloomers on June 21st 2011, 1:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I being dumb? Doesn't she have a stepdad who is caring and wants her to finish school? Does he not count?

This sounds awful, but Brad had a few stepdads, including one who was there for a long enough time that Brad changed his last name to the stepdad's, and yet Brad still had all kinds of issues.....

Bloomers

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by pavalygurl on June 21st 2011, 1:16 pm

edited for brevity

Bloomers post:
I agree. I don't see Ashley as emotionally settled either. Ben might not be right for Ashley, but of the two of them he is the emotionally more mature and ready to begin a healthy relationship. He has worked through his father issues. Until Ashley works through hers, she is going to recycle through men looking for the Father who wasn't there for her.
I think there is a reason why we heard that whole father edit with Ben, and it may have had more to do with Ashley than it had to with Ben. Suspect [/quote]

ITA [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

pavalygurl

Posts : 3872
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by CarrieA on June 21st 2011, 1:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I being dumb? Doesn't she have a stepdad who is caring and wants her to finish school? Does he not count?

I thought so? He was on her HTD with :puke: Braddd.

CarrieA

Female Posts : 3473
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Alanna on June 21st 2011, 1:13 pm

Am I being dumb? Doesn't she have a stepdad who is caring and wants her to finish school? Does he not count?

Alanna

Posts : 14525
Join date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Bloomers on June 21st 2011, 1:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Armchair psychology (just because we can)....

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

It's funny, when watching that scene last night between Ben and Ashley and the father discussion, I remembered Brad and Chantal and thinking how much Brad needed Chantal's dad in his life. Ashley could use a dad like Ben's in her life, but you're right. She's not ready.

Gotta say I don't really understand why you say Ashley is "not ready"? She is trying to decide how interested she is in Ben, not his father (who btw, since he is sadly deceased, wouldn't be in her life in the flesh even if she chose Ben). I can certainly understand her feeling some personal pain/loss at hearing about anyone who had/has a wonderful relationship with their dad, since she never had that. But I don't see that reaction as evidence that she is running away from Ben because of it, anymore than it should be a reason that she should pursue him because of it. For all we know, many of the other guys have wonderful dads as well.

LOL, I really must not be expressing myself well today. I know Ben's dad is deceased -- that was the point of that whole conversation, right? What a great dad Ben had had for 24 solid years and now he's gone, but Ben has taken all the life lessons from that relationship and that prepared him for where he is now? yada yada

No, I'm not saying she's not ready as it pertains to Ben or any one of these guys particularly. I think she's just not ready emotionally for anybody. She needs to process her daddy-loss issues before she's ready to choose a partner. And that's not slamming Ashley. Everybody works out their 'stuff' on their own time schedule. Of the 25 guys there, I don't see what I would call a healthy relationship forming with any of them.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think Ashley is alone on this, as many of us have "mommy issues" or "daddy issues" (or other dysfunctional family situations) that continue on for many years, and no doubt they impact our ability to have successful romantic relationships. Should we all try to resolve them before marrying? Probably a good idea, but it would mean there would be a whole lot more single people in the world.

I agree. I don't see Ashley as emotionally settled either. Ben might not be right for Ashley, but of the two of them he is the emotionally more mature and ready to begin a healthy relationship. He has worked through his father issues. Until Ashley works through hers, she is going to recycle through men looking for the Father who wasn't there for her.
I think there is a reason why we heard that whole father edit with Ben, and it may have had more to do with Ashley than it had to with Ben. Suspect

Bloomers

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:47 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum