Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!


Enjoy!

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by klarson79 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Admittedly maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see but to me I think she was preoccupied in that chat with JP cause she sees that he is developing strong feelings for her and I think she is developing stronger feelings for him too. I think she realized that out of respect for him (or any other potential guys on the show) and a relationship that develops that she has to put the dot.dot.dot business behind her for good. I think she said as much to CH in the deliberation.

I agree

klarson79

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by mnmhughes on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I could buy that in order to sell the idea that Ashley is still so hung up on Bentley, that she is unable to really feel chemistry with any of the other guys, the producers decided to cut out some of Ben's (and maybe other guys') steamier kisses with her. However, in Ben's case, if he is her F1, I really think it was an editing mistake to do so, because unless something really earth shattering happens next week with him, it is becoming less and less believable that either one fell for the other.

Actually I agree. But not just if Ben turned out to be the F1.

Something earth shattering needs to have happened with any of the remaining guys (JP or whomever). Something that will shake this girl out of her stupor. Yes she has been developing connections with them but if (almost) everyone here is to be believed that JP and she were off and running from episode 1, then she had no business being so pre-occupied when she had her 1 on 1 moment with him. And yeah, she was extremely pre-occupied though her legs were all over him.
A regular slide to the finish line with 1 small bump (Ryan's return) is just not going to cut it.

Admittedly maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see but to me I think she was preoccupied in that chat with JP cause she sees that he is developing strong feelings for her and I think she is developing stronger feelings for him too. I think she realized that out of respect for him (or any other potential guys on the show) and a relationship that develops that she has to put the dot.dot.dot business behind her for good. I think she said as much to CH in the deliberation.

I agree
And this from her blog:“I was almost beyond the intensity of feelings I had for Bentley with other guys and in fairness to them, needed to be sure that the “dot-dot-dot” Bentley gave me became a period.”

mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by mnmhughes on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I see Ben like CL. You can tell she thinks the world of him. But it's like she is trying to sell us on something that is not there.

Ben is very playful and likes to make jokes and say funny things. He needs someone playful *cough* like Shawntel.

Ashley is all business when she's turned on. She wants hands touching all over... grabbing things. Feeling turned on a by a little jealousy and smoldering looks.

Ben F. kisses her and says ruh roh.... laugh out loud ... so cute... but not very sexy hehe

How am I first person commenting on this post??! It's freaking hilarious!! I love the imagery going on here and ITA! Can't you just see Ashley hooking up with the Marlboro Man or James Bond or Indiana Jones?? Awesome!! rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Lol no one must be feeling frisky this morning.

I was feeling frisky just looking at their screencaps from next week's date. Whew! kiss me

mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by sgjsnow on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I could buy that in order to sell the idea that Ashley is still so hung up on Bentley, that she is unable to really feel chemistry with any of the other guys, the producers decided to cut out some of Ben's (and maybe other guys') steamier kisses with her. However, in Ben's case, if he is her F1, I really think it was an editing mistake to do so, because unless something really earth shattering happens next week with him, it is becoming less and less believable that either one fell for the other.

Actually I agree. But not just if Ben turned out to be the F1.

Something earth shattering needs to have happened with any of the remaining guys (JP or whomever). Something that will shake this girl out of her stupor. Yes she has been developing connections with them but if (almost) everyone here is to be believed that JP and she were off and running from episode 1, then she had no business being so pre-occupied when she had her 1 on 1 moment with him. And yeah, she was extremely pre-occupied though her legs were all over him.
A regular slide to the finish line with 1 small bump (Ryan's return) is just not going to cut it.

Admittedly maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see but to me I think she was preoccupied in that chat with JP cause she sees that he is developing strong feelings for her and I think she is developing stronger feelings for him too. I think she realized that out of respect for him (or any other potential guys on the show) and a relationship that develops that she has to put the dot.dot.dot business behind her for good. I think she said as much to CH in the deliberation.

sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377
Join date : 2011-05-25
Location : The OC

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by noobsleuth on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I see Ben like CL. You can tell she thinks the world of him. But it's like she is trying to sell us on something that is not there.

Ben is very playful and likes to make jokes and say funny things. He needs someone playful *cough* like Shawntel.

Ashley is all business when she's turned on. She wants hands touching all over... grabbing things. Feeling turned on a by a little jealousy and smoldering looks.

Ben F. kisses her and says ruh roh.... laugh out loud ... so cute... but not very sexy hehe

How am I first person commenting on this post??! It's freaking hilarious!! I love the imagery going on here and ITA! Can't you just see Ashley hooking up with the Marlboro Man or James Bond or Indiana Jones?? Awesome!! rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Lol no one must be feeling frisky this morning.

noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3461
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 33
Location : On my couch

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Alanna on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I see Ben like CL. You can tell she thinks the world of him. But it's like she is trying to sell us on something that is not there.

Ben is very playful and likes to make jokes and say funny things. He needs someone playful *cough* like Shawntel.

Ashley is all business when she's turned on. She wants hands touching all over... grabbing things. Feeling turned on a by a little jealousy and smoldering looks.

Ben F. kisses her and says ruh roh.... laugh out loud ... so cute... but not very sexy hehe

How am I first person commenting on this post??! It's freaking hilarious!! I love the imagery going on here and ITA! Can't you just see Ashley hooking up with the Marlboro Man or James Bond or Indiana Jones?? Awesome!! rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl

Alanna

Posts : 14511
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:42 pm

remember, that's exactly how Brad's season was promoted - as if he ended up alone and yet he didn't. I've been saying for weeks that they are making it appear as if she walks away alone - taking out what we know in the real world, watch the Bent drama and the stilted/stiff dates - does anyone really think she 'falls in love' with anyone? I sure as hell don't. As a matter of fact, I think she should walk away, live a little, deal with her insecurities and grow the f*** up.

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Kelad9 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: I guess that's the real question, whether the editors overplayed their hand with the Bentley stuff (and whether they care if ratings remain good) to the point where nobody else is believable as F1. To me, it's clear that JP is the only one who even comes close to being so at this point (which would totally explain the too obvious edit, the physical edit, and every other kind of edit he is getting that usually screams "not F1" to people).

.

I believe that's exactly what they want us to believe - that there isn't a F1 - it's not an accident they showed her decending the stairs with the VO about her leaving empty handed - which is in stark contrast to what we know in the real world - same exact thing they did during Brad's season.
if they want us to believe that then didn't they do their jobs right if in the end she does pick someone? That would be a shocking decision as everyone's ( the unspoiled) going to be expecting her to not pick anyone or go with one of the guys if they read body languages correctly.


Kelad9

Female Posts : 1108
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 38
Location : Florida

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by ironcat on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Thinking about Ashley's father issues actually makes it clearer why Bentley was able to develop such a hold on her. In her subconcious, Bentley, and winning Bentley, equates to winning her dad's love. Starting with being warned against him for being a "bad boy", subconciously this only increased her desire to prove herself worthy to him, which she was unable to do with her dad, who was by all accounts also a "bad boy" ("if he loved me more, if I was a better daughter, he would not have abandoned me"). Bentley's physical affection with her was something she craved, probably was deprived of that from her dad as a child. (She loves to be held and petted, wonder why?) Bentley comforts her just like a dad should do when she's sad. Then what does Bentley do but up and leave her suddenly, just like her dad did. Of course, as an added bonus, the reason that "noble" (gag!) Bentley does it, unlike HER dad, is because of his daughter. See, Bentley is a GOOD DAD to boot! No wonder she is so screwed up over him.

ironcat

Posts : 4908
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by deedreamer on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's what I am seeing also, I am liking her guys better than I like Ash right now and am more worried about them. This is not right. TPTB have a fleet like you say to throw her under. I understand how she could be feeling, but I was particularly disappointed at how she let Ben C go last night. Cannot get that "cold" Ash out of my mind. She is hurt and frustrated, but her anger etc is so misdirected.

That whole scene as well as the one saying goodbye to William had to be badly chopped and edited. The flow of conversation was so abrupt and not natural. No on really reacts on a dime like that. There had to be more conversation in between. I think it was just edited that way to show that when Ashley is done with something she is really done with it. Just to show us that when she is done with Bentley next week...she is really done with him.

deedreamer

Female Posts : 939
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 66
Location : Kingston, Ontario, Canada

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: I guess that's the real question, whether the editors overplayed their hand with the Bentley stuff (and whether they care if ratings remain good) to the point where nobody else is believable as F1. To me, it's clear that JP is the only one who even comes close to being so at this point (which would totally explain the too obvious edit, the physical edit, and every other kind of edit he is getting that usually screams "not F1" to people).

.

I believe that's exactly what they want us to believe - that there isn't a F1 - it's not an accident they showed her decending the stairs with the VO about her leaving empty handed - which is in stark contrast to what we know in the real world - same exact thing they did during Brad's season.

anders

Posts : 5399
Join date : 2011-03-23
Age : 54
Location : Nova Scotia

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by jelle on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Armchair psychology (just because we can)....

Ashley is being presented as a mess -- insecure, erratic, impulsive, obsessive, and walled off emotionally. She does not seem to be having any fun except in a scripted manner (saying what's socially expected about what is romantic, amazing, etc.).

Frankly? She seems to be a younger, female Brad Womack.... with the classic "daddy issues" exhibited by girls who were abandoned by fathers too young -- i.e., being impulsively/compulsively drawn to abusive inappropriate mates. Brad/Ashely's first date at the amusement park "clicked" for them because they could so deeply relate to the shared pain of a father who walked off the job.

As Ben F was describing his terrific father last night, I read (perhaps projected?!) the pain on her face that she DIDN'T have that. You don't see her transitioning to what a terrific mate Ben would make for HER because he had that. She does not seem to have done adequate processing of her own grief/anger/loss and until she is, she isn't ready to "pick" yet.

One could fantasize that the emotional roller coaster / "journey" of filming this dumb show is the equivalent of therapy, but that's not real. Half the dang season has passed, and she is not going to work it out in the next three weeks of filming.

It's funny, when watching that scene last night between Ben and Ashley and the father discussion, I remembered Brad and Chantal and thinking how much Brad needed Chantal's dad in his life. Ashley could use a dad like Ben's in her life, but you're right. She's not ready.

Gotta say I don't really understand why you say Ashley is "not ready"? She is trying to decide how interested she is in Ben, not his father (who btw, since he is sadly deceased, wouldn't be in her life in the flesh even if she chose Ben). I can certainly understand her feeling some personal pain/loss at hearing about anyone who had/has a wonderful relationship with their dad, since she never had that. But I don't see that reaction as evidence that she is running away from Ben because of it, anymore than it should be a reason that she should pursue him because of it. For all we know, many of the other guys have wonderful dads as well.

LOL, I really must not be expressing myself well today. I know Ben's dad is deceased -- that was the point of that whole conversation, right? What a great dad Ben had had for 24 solid years and now he's gone, but Ben has taken all the life lessons from that relationship and that prepared him for where he is now? yada yada

No, I'm not saying she's not ready as it pertains to Ben or any one of these guys particularly. I think she's just not ready emotionally for anybody. She needs to process her daddy-loss issues before she's ready to choose a partner. And that's not slamming Ashley. Everybody works out their 'stuff' on their own time schedule. Of the 25 guys there, I don't see what I would call a healthy relationship forming with any of them.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think Ashley is alone on this, as many of us have "mommy issues" or "daddy issues" (or other dysfunctional family situations) that continue on for many years, and no doubt they impact our ability to have successful romantic relationships. Should we all try to resolve them before marrying? Probably a good idea, but it would mean there would be a whole lot more single people in the world.

I dont think you ever completely work out these issues, perhaps, one learns to deal with them in a more healthy manor. I think Ashley's insecurities are very similar to Brad's and thousands of other people who for whatever reason sabatoge relationships because they read every disagreement as the other person not caring or loving or sticking, or hang onto lousy relationships because they are sure "if they just tried hader." Ashley needs a boyfriend like Ben's father or AshleyS father, who are always there, not one with Ben who crawls into himself for four years to heal. She needs someone who's natural reaction is to move toward the other person, not away (emotionally and physically) when things get tough or there are disagreements. Someone she can trust to always be there.

jelle

Posts : 1011
Join date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:36 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 5 - 6/20 - Discussion - Spoilers

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum