SELECT CONTENT

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3

Page 45 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3

Post by charriotoffire Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Baseball Mom wrote:Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3 - Page 45 Sl475f

I don't know what it is about this picture but I feel like Brooks should stay as far away from Michael G. as possible.

OMG this is like a promo poster for Toolbox Gaybar in some small town like Beanblossom Indiana.

And people wonder why the ratings are in the toilet. :strings1
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3

Post by IrishGal Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 pm

charriotoffire wrote:
Baseball Mom wrote:Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3 - Page 45 Sl475f

I don't know what it is about this picture but I feel like Brooks should stay as far away from Michael G. as possible.

OMG this is like a promo poster for Toolbox Gaybar in some small town like Beanblossom Indiana.

And people wonder why the ratings are in the toilet.  :strings1

high five spitcoffee
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 pm

charriotoffire wrote:

Get out of my head!Hugesmile
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:56 pm

you know, i find questioning a guy's gender based on his emotional expression or mannerisms to be detrimental not only to men but also to women. when heterosexual men are only allowed by society a constricted range of emotional expression what happens is they repress those "softer" emotions and learn that to be manly is to be aggressive and competitive. they subsequently tend to not form many close friendships or show affection with one another because to do so is deemed unmanly. it is good for women to remember this when they complain about their husbands, boyfriends and brothers not being able to show emotional affection to them or to communicate about relational issues with much skill and to be overly focused on sex and to objectify women. when anger becomes the accepted way for men to express their hurt it is no wonder men tend toward aggressiveness and when combined with other factors even become violent. it truly is sad to see in the 21st century these outdated and harmful stereotypes being propogated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Gabriele, I agree with you...very well put.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm

richmondrose wrote:
charriotoffire wrote:

Get out of my head!Hugesmile

Oopooo good lord!!!
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 am

EDITED

I dont want anyone repressing their emotions for whatever reason much less harm society at large.  I just thought the picture gave me the heebee
jeebees that's all.

I also dont like censorship so I express my thoughts freely and I do not criticize other for expressing theirs.

People need to lighten up.

Last edited by charriotoffire on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 am; edited 5 times in total
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by oless4 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:26 am

\"gabriele wrote:you know, i find questioning a guy's gender based on his emotional expression or mannerisms to be detrimental not only to men but also to women. when heterosexual men are only allowed by society a constricted range of emotional expression what happens is they repress those "softer" emotions and learn that to be manly is to be aggressive and competitive. they subsequently tend to not form many close friendships or show affection with one another because to do so is deemed unmanly. it is good for women to remember this when they complain about their husbands, boyfriends and brothers not being able to show emotional affection to them or to communicate about relational issues with much skill and to be overly focused on sex and to objectify women. when anger becomes the accepted way for men to express their hurt it is no wonder men tend toward aggressiveness and when combined with other factors even become violent. it truly is sad to see in the 21st century these outdated and harmful stereotypes being propogated."

I agree with you!  :yes:
oless4
oless4

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany4400 Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:42 am

charriotoffire wrote:

Henry cavill is the hottest thing on earth! Love your avi! I just saw man of steel tonight! So hot! Ok back to bachelorette now laugh out loud
brittany4400
brittany4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhaka Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:45 am

gabriele wrote:you know, i find questioning a guy's gender based on his emotional expression or mannerisms to be detrimental not only to men but also to women. when heterosexual men are only allowed by society a constricted range of emotional expression what happens is they repress those "softer" emotions and learn that to be manly is to be aggressive and competitive. they subsequently tend to not form many close friendships or show affection with one another because to do so is deemed unmanly. it is good for women to remember this when they complain about their husbands, boyfriends and brothers not being able to show emotional affection to them or to communicate about relational issues with much skill and to be overly focused on sex and to objectify women. when anger becomes the accepted way for men to express their hurt it is no wonder men tend toward aggressiveness and when combined with other factors even become violent. it truly is sad to see in the 21st century these outdated and harmful stereotypes being propogated.

intelligent, articulate post.  thanks, gabriele.
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:51 am

when anger becomes the accepted way for men to express their hurt it is no wonder men tend toward aggressiveness and when combined with other factors even become violent. it truly is sad to see in the 21st century these outdated and harmful stereotypes being propogated."

When does anger became an accepted way for men or women to express their hurt in this society anyway?

Aggresiveness and violence is not exclusive to masculine men, even homosexuals are prone to violence too.

As a viewer Im just merely expressing outrage at the way they casted not one or two but majority of very very effeminate men this season.  I really do not understand the connection of your post to this observation.  

How is it detrimental to society that I just want to watch a manly prince charming to grace my tv screen as opposed to a bunch of screeching men who are bullying Ben for some petty reason?

I truly am flummoxed by this post.  I actually agree for the most part of what you said, I just think its
inappropriate and a bit exaggerated in the context of what was being talked about here.  

I am not asking whoever to agree or disagree because its  high schoolish and petty.  I guess I just have to point to the ratings as proof of the pudding

I believe this forum is gracious enough to welcome different opinion. I easily forget that there are people who cannot help but lecture and take sides
if they cannot tolerate opinions different from theirs.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:02 am

gabriele wrote:you know, i find questioning a guy's gender based on his emotional expression or mannerisms to be detrimental not only to men but also to women. when heterosexual men are only allowed by society a constricted range of emotional expression what happens is they repress those "softer" emotions and learn that to be manly is to be aggressive and competitive. they subsequently tend to not form many close friendships or show affection with one another because to do so is deemed unmanly. it is good for women to remember this when they complain about their husbands, boyfriends and brothers not being able to show emotional affection to them or to communicate about relational issues with much skill and to be overly focused on sex and to objectify women. when anger becomes the accepted way for men to express their hurt it is no wonder men tend toward aggressiveness and when combined with other factors even become violent. it truly is sad to see in the 21st century these outdated and harmful stereotypes being propogated.

Wow! That pic looks exactly like what I've seen in gay bars which I frequent cuz many of my BFFs are gay. It was a joke. No one was criticizing Brooks about it. no idea
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #3

+52
Jeepers
Baseball Mom
b
Beagle
DMBFan