Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Page 6 of 62 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Post by anders on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:20 pm

ewww - that tongue thing made me throw up a little in my mouth.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:14 pm

That conversation was so chopped up, I have no idea what was going on there. That was also the scene where he did that weird thing with is tongue and they edited to make it like she laughed. There is a youtube clip just of that where they call it the cheesiest moment in bach history.

Last edited by sjcaligurl on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Honestly, I think he knows he won't be getting a HTD. I think this based on his conversation with Ashley the other day when Ashley said- I'd love to be able to see where/how you live and Ryan responded- I know but, unfortunately... Ashley- yes, I know; well, we can talk. IMO, they both know that he won't be in the F4.

I wonder what that is about? If (big if) the tabloids are right and Ryan broke it off with a girlfriend before the show, does she live in his house? What reason is there that there cannot be a HTD for Ryan?

I expected that conversation would go this way:

Ryan: I know but unfortunately, [you first have to give me roses and pass through another series of dates before we can do that - it's not as easy as me just inviting you right now so we can do it, as this is a show and there is a certain setup]
Ashley: Yes, I know...well we can talk.

that's how I interpretted it as well.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Honestly, I think he knows he won't be getting a HTD. I think this based on his conversation with Ashley the other day when Ashley said- I'd love to be able to see where/how you live and Ryan responded- I know but, unfortunately... Ashley- yes, I know; well, we can talk. IMO, they both know that he won't be in the F4.

I wonder what that is about? If (big if) the tabloids are right and Ryan broke it off with a girlfriend before the show, does she live in his house? What reason is there that there cannot be a HTD for Ryan?

I expected that conversation would go this way:

Ryan: I know but unfortunately, [you first have to give me roses and pass through another series of dates before we can do that - it's not as easy as me just inviting you right now so we can do it, as this is a show and there is a certain setup]
Ashley: Yes, I know...well we can talk.

emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondieGal on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:52 pm

BlondieGal

Female Posts : 1122

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I really agree with the bolded, Ironcat, and I'll add that I think the reason Ryan keeps getting the GDR is twofold. She hasn't had the 1:1 and she needs to provide an indication of some level of interest; i.e., GDR and talking about HTD's. Secondly, TPTB want him to have the GDR b/c it drives the other men crazy and that's the only way to get a reaction out of some of them.

LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:14 pm

why do people think that Ryan was supposed to get a date prior to the date he got - Britt never got a 1:1 til F6 either - was she supposed to get Chantal's second 1:1?? Britt even got the very last 1:1 in the F6 episode, just like Ryan, and will be dismissed without a rose, just like Ryan. I just think that he wasn't on the F4 radar and his date was dispensible. Britt also got at least 1 GDR.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have no clue why Ryan is still around. I think she gave him the GDR last week because he was supposed to have a 1 on 1 and since he didn't she felt bad. I think she might still be trying to convince herself to like him which is why he finally does get a 1 on 1 this week. Now why we have her in Fiji saying she regretted sending him home who knows. Maybe it's after Dino elminates himself and she realizes that this was a guy who was really into her and she kicked him to the curb ... who knows.

I REALLY don't think they are setting Ryan up for the next lead. I remember Jake actually turned out to be the one who was only in it to be ther next Bach. They edited it to make it see like it was Wes. They left Jake's edit innocent because he was going to be the next lead... maybe. If Ryan was a serious contender they would have shined all of the other guys negative engergy onto someone else or they would have left it out all togehter but when we have the final 2 guys saying negative things about him it doens't look good for future lead status. TPTB have started doing this thing where by the end of a season the lead and F1 are under the bus and the next lead comes out smelling like a rose. At this point it's clearly Ben (to me anyway). We have his VO and PI's about being the biggest skeptic but now believing in the process. He didn't know if would ever be able to open and find love and now we know he can. Plus they leave in all of the fun things with him and Dino and Ash. (like CL when they wanted him). Also, the comment about CH and everyone falling in love with him. Yep, he has next Bach written all over him... can't wait!

While the show was filming, the producers may very well have been considering Ryan for the next lead (I have no doubt he was cast with an eye to that), and that's when these decisions were made whether to have Ashley keep him around despite her obvious discomfort with him. It may have been an editing choice after the fact, to show Ryan not clicking with the other men, once they were putting a show together and realized they didn't have that many other plot points to work with. Where they stand now on his potential for the next Bachelor, I don't know, but the decision to edit him somewhat poorly came later than the actual filming.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have no clue why Ryan is still around. I think she gave him the GDR last week because he was supposed to have a 1 on 1 and since he didn't she felt bad. I think she might still be trying to convince herself to like him which is why he finally does get a 1 on 1 this week. Now why we have her in Fiji saying she regretted sending him home who knows. Maybe it's after Dino elminates himself and she realizes that this was a guy who was really into her and she kicked him to the curb ... who knows.

I REALLY don't think they are setting Ryan up for the next lead. I remember Jake actually turned out to be the one who was only in it to be ther next Bach. They edited it to make it see like it was Wes. They left Jake's edit innocent because he was going to be the next lead... maybe. If Ryan was a serious contender they would have shined all of the other guys negative engergy onto someone else or they would have left it out all togehter but when we have the final 2 guys saying negative things about him it doens't look good for future lead status. TPTB have started doing this thing where by the end of a season the lead and F1 are under the bus and the next lead comes out smelling like a rose. At this point it's clearly Ben (to me anyway). We have his VO and PI's about being the biggest skeptic but now believing in the process. He didn't know if would ever be able to open and find love and now we know he can. Plus they leave in all of the fun things with him and Dino and Ash. (like CL when they wanted him). Also, the comment about CH and everyone falling in love with him. Yep, he has next Bach written all over him... can't wait!

I think Ben is getting the next Bach edit too. Also, producers are sticking to him like glue on twitter. LOL! He's got the perfect story for it but not sure if he has the perfect personality to juggle all of those women - many of them not in it for more than fame and far to aggressive for his calm demeanor.

I just cannot see Ryan being the next Bach. How many seasons does it have to fail before they stop? He has fans but he really is kinda cheesy. I suspect he probably plucks the nerves of producers too. The last two bachelors have proven to have personality issues. They need a nice, sweet, non-cheesy guy and that would be Ben ... unless Shawntel gets to him first the way Peyton got to Chris.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 pm

I have no clue why Ryan is still around. I think she gave him the GDR last week because he was supposed to have a 1 on 1 and since he didn't she felt bad. I think she might still be trying to convince herself to like him which is why he finally does get a 1 on 1 this week. Now why we have her in Fiji saying she regretted sending him home who knows. Maybe it's after Dino elminates himself and she realizes that this was a guy who was really into her and she kicked him to the curb ... who knows.

noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3461

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:But Ash was almost F2. Brad liked her. She no likey Ryan.

True but who wants to stick around once you see the handwriting on the wall. Ash was keeping her distance with Ryan but she (or Fleiss) needed him to stick around until closer to the end. I can't remember Brad's words at the SI shoot but the jist was there are reasons the roses go to who they do. I remember that being a lightbulb moment for me.

ETA the rose also created the emotion drama Fleiss needed. I know I'm slow to the take.lol

Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ashley really is the queen of mixed signals with Ryan. Thing is, a really perceptive person isn't taken in by the mixed signals, and doesn't automatically dismiss the negative ones (lack of solo date, no physical affection) and only focus on the positive ones (GDRs) like Ryan is doing. The rule of thumb with mixed signals, is that there is usually a reason for the negative ones, and it ain't good.

I'll cut Ashley a little slack on this, because we don't know how much the producers are encouraging her to keep Ryan around (if they are screening him as a contender for the next lead). I actually suspect a lot of this is being orchestrated by them, particularly making him wait so long for a solo date, only to be sent home then and there, which sets it up perfectly for him to return in Fiji to further plead his case.

I really agree with the bolded, Ironcat, and I'll add that I think the reason Ryan keeps getting the GDR is twofold. She hasn't had the 1:1 and she needs to provide an indication of some level of interest; i.e., GDR and talking about HTD's. Secondly, TPTB want him to have the GDR b/c it drives the other men crazy and that's the only way to get a reaction out of some of them.

jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 62 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum