Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A site for fans of The Bachelor & Bachelorette who enjoy

sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join our site for updates on past contestants as well.

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Enjoy!

F1, F2, F3, and F4 Speculation - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: F1, F2, F3, and F4 Speculation - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by emusha on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 pm

I see your point and it's quite discombobulating to have those conflicting points together but at the same time we have two very drastic outcomes for these two shows i.e. Alibearto and Bremily...

In Alibearto's case - Roberto handled it like a trooper, he took it all in stride and understood why so much of the edit hid him. Roberto is very level headed about the fact that this is a TV show (remember him saying he always tells Ali how crazy it is that he met his 'one'/her on a TV show?)

In Bremily's case - Emily took it very very hard!! She was jealous of all of Chantal's dates... She keeps talking about how Brad said the same things to every girl and that made her feel less special and that she could practically fall asleep watching her own dates!! + The media attention almost consumed them both whole despite the fact they didn't do the media rounds (These are all things they mentioned in the people article out this week -- I was reading it at the grocery checkout) From what they were saying (we'll see more of this in the interview) it really looked like the media stuff and emily's 'low-profile' edit played a really big role in how they were dealing with their post-show relationship and eventually played a big role in their break-up particularly because they were long distance...

CH mentioned when Alibearto moved in together and to SD NOT hollywood that was a huge step for their enduring relationship... as past successful couples have done to get out of the limelight and into he normal.

I think TPTB are slowly trying to see a success formula for couples and to understand the use that successful couples have for the franchise vs. drama publicity (which also has its uses but has been a bit overplayed in recent years)

So from that perspective - as well as JP's jealousy/insecurity (if that is indeed him) and Ashley's insecurities/confusion it looks to me like TPTB are showing the edit that will 1. keep the couple together better, 2. still keep the drama ratings high for the viewers...

I do realize this is giving tptb a lot of credit but I can't think of other reasons for them flipping the edit this way keeping in mind F1 is JP

Last edited by emusha on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:that's what's confusing me about this season - in my mind JP is getting a F2 edit and Ben is getting the F1 edit.
but you still think that JP is the final one omg this is so confusing duh

exactly - try being in my head Suspect . No doubt in my mind JP is F1.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:that's what's confusing me about this season - in my mind JP is getting a F2 edit and Ben is getting the F1 edit.
but you still think that JP is the final one
omg this is so confusing duh

bilolo

Female Posts : 2991

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:27 pm

that's what's confusing me about this season - JP and Ben are both getting F2 edits (like Chantal and Emily), with Ben getting a bit of a F1 edit (like Emily).

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I get your point and they normally give anyone but F1 character flaws that they can turn into drama – this season we had Bentley, Will and his comedy act, The Mask, Ryan’s exuberance…etc…..

Under normal circumstances I would consider Ben F more of a F1 candidate than JP because they have focused more on JP’s character traits than Ben’s. What have we seen of Ben F that tells us who he really is? Have we seen anything of his personality, other than what we saw during the dragon races with Dino?

F1s always have an arc in their storyline – something they have to overcome to become F1. To compare to an ‘Ette season – it wasn’t Roberto that had any issues to overcome, it was Ali, who had to realize that she was good enough for Roberto.

What is JP’s story and what is it he has to overcome – is it that he has to overcome his jealousy to get the girl?? I always ask myself WHY? And this season I cannot figure it out – and after episode 6, I still can’t figure it out.

Good point....in recent years the no-personality edit has actually gone to the F1 i.e. Emily, Roberto and like you said the lead was the one that had the story arc they had to 'overcome' whether it be "will he love me back" or "can i trust in myself enough to fall for someone after what just happened to me/in spite of my insecurities"

emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by ryvetted on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Came across this funny blog on twitter. Biff Groban :giggle:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Omg, where did this guy come from! laugh out loud
I haven't laughed this much since sdl! :laughing: :missclap:
Thanks for posting DMBFan :awesome:

ryvetted

Female Posts : 4022

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:39 am

I get your point and they normally give anyone but F1 character flaws that they can turn into drama – this season we had Bentley, Will and his comedy act, The Mask, Ryan’s exuberance…etc…..

Under normal circumstances I would consider Ben F more of a F1 candidate than JP because they have focused more on JP’s character traits than Ben’s. What have we seen of Ben F that tells us who he really is? Have we seen anything of his personality, other than what we saw during the dragon races with Dino?

F1s always have an arc in their storyline – something they have to overcome to become F1. To compare to an ‘Ette season – it wasn’t Roberto that had any issues to overcome, it was Ali, who had to realize that she was good enough for Roberto.

What is JP’s story and what is it he has to overcome – is it that he has to overcome his jealousy to get the girl?? I always ask myself WHY? And this season I cannot figure it out – and after episode 6, I still can’t figure it out.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:30 am

but if there's no plausible drama in the house they have to create it (it depends on them, by knowing the contestants flaws they can set up dates or whatever they want to have the drama like the one we'll have next week)

hope you get my point :D

bilolo

Female Posts : 2991

Back to top Go down

Post by anders on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Is it still considered a bad edit if that is how the contestant carries him or herself in the real world? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sometimes an edit can be good or bad, but we put on our [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and choose to see only the things we want to. IMO

They have the power to make/edit anyone in any manner they see fit. Brad I was a far different person than Brad II - why - because of the power of editing.

My conceern is that with JP being F1, they have hours and hours and hours of footage and yet some of the snippets we've seen (and will see) aren't exactly flattering, when I'm sure they've cut stuff out that could've been used in it's place to create a happier picture of JP.

anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Came across this funny blog on twitter. Biff Groban :giggle:

His description of Ryan is so funny. When he got to the part about Ryan's DNA joining with Ashley's DNA, I literally broke out laughing.
Bad...that is just bad. :laughingoutlou

Ryan

Had Bentley not infected our lives and brains, I guarantee that the storyline of this season would be Ryan's assault on America with sunshine and supernovaic cheerfulness. I truly don't think it's an act. I think he genuinely is that happy. I think every morning, he absolutely packs his lunch in a biodegradable bag and the tuna sandwich he puts in that bag has been made with a topping of mustard fashioned into a smiley face. I absolutely believe all of that.

But it doesn't mean that it isn't abrasively annoying. Wouldn't that have been fascinating? He would have been the first super villain that was despised simply because he was too cheerfully positive. That's why confrontations with him always end awkward. It's difficult to convey to someone that their infectiously positive attitude, while fine for them, is actually so palpable that it is molesting the souls of the people he comes in contact with.

While I think that Ashley does genuinely like him, I also think that he's a little too much like her and thus she keeps him subconsciously askance, as if even on a genetic level, her DNA knows that marrying someone like Ryan and possibly reproducing would no doubt spawn the AntiChrist.

Pudding Face!!

Kashathediva

Female Posts : 21619

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 am

Hysterical blog! Thank you for sharing. rotfl

Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 am

best quote that I have found so far..I feel like I say this to myself every episode. rotfl

Back from commercial and Chris Harrison and his new hair plugs introduce us to Ashley Hebert. Who is he kidding with those things? Why don't you just scalp a possum and glue stick it's fur to your head while you're at it, Chris?

CarrieA

Female Posts : 3473

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

F1, F2, F3, and F4 Speculation - Spoilers - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum