Page 30 of 58 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:49 am

anders wrote:
Beeleever wrote:TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JUNE 1st "THE BACHELORETTE"
CONFERENCE CALL WITH HOST CHRIS HARRISON
Chris Harrison:

It was - it was rough and I kind of have the analogy -- you know, say you or me or anybody else has a horrible break up and gets devastated like this you know.

We all go find solace and, you know, a bowl of ice cream, and a dozen donuts and we get to sit in our house in the dark and contemplate life for a while. Well, she had to go on a date the next day. You know, so, you know this really is really unreal in that aspect where she's like how can I possibly move on and act like nothing's happened.

And so she didn't and she couldn't and I give a lot of credit to the guys this season who are kind of an older more professional group, definitely not kind of that frat house mentality where if it hadn't been for that group of guys, the show may have just fallen apart completely.

I thought the 1:1 date with JP was the same day that Bentley came to her house. Chris says in this interview it was the next day?

Ashley didn't and couldn't act like nothing happened. Wow, I feel bad for JP. I am no longer as excited about this date as I once was. :Frown:

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK. And I know you didn't specify whether Bentley will actually return but if he does, what would your justification be for letting him come back for the show?

Chris Harrison: The only thing we would ever do is what Ashley wants to do. And so just, our justification for anything we do is it's up to Ashley.

Okay, seriously, is Chris saying they brought Bentley back because Ashley wanted them to? :no:

Chris H is now on my douchebag list.

Maybe it depends just on what Bentley actually says to Ashley? When we see him come back, it looks like she welcomes him with an open-armed hug which suggests that when he leaves, he doesn't personally cut her cruelly. However, Chris Harrison says that on the way out, Bentley is going to do something unforgiveable that we are going to see even if Ashley does not.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by sgjsnow Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Bloomers wrote:
anders wrote:
Chris Harrison:

It was - it was rough and I kind of have the analogy -- you know, say you or me or anybody else has a horrible break up and gets devastated like this you know.

We all go find solace and, you know, a bowl of ice cream, and a dozen donuts and we get to sit in our house in the dark and contemplate life for a while. Well, she had to go on a date the next day. You know, so, you know this really is really unreal in that aspect where she's like how can I possibly move on and act like nothing's happened.

And so she didn't and she couldn't and I give a lot of credit to the guys this season who are kind of an older more professional group, definitely not kind of that frat house mentality where if it hadn't been for that group of guys, the show may have just fallen apart completely.

I thought the 1:1 date with JP was the same day that Bentley came to her house. Chris says in this interview it was the next day?

Ashley didn't and couldn't act like nothing happened. Wow, I feel bad for JP. I am no longer as excited about this date as I once was. :Frown:

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK. And I know you didn't specify whether Bentley will actually return but if he does, what would your justification be for letting him come back for the show?

Chris Harrison: The only thing we would ever do is what Ashley wants to do. And so just, our justification for anything we do is it's up to Ashley.

Okay, seriously, is Chris saying they brought Bentley back because Ashley wanted them to? :no:

Maybe it depends just on what Bentley actually says to Ashley? When we see him come back, it looks like she welcomes him with an open-armed hug which suggests that when he leaves, he doesn't personally cut her cruelly. However, Chris Harrison says that on the way out, Bentley is going to do something unforgiveable that we are going to see even if Ashley does not.

I wonder if the "unforgivable" thing he is referring to is that he uses his daughter as an excuse as to why he wants to leave instead of being up front with her. Or maybe there is more to it, or maybe Chris is hyping something more than there is? I am curious to see how it actually plays out and if RS any reliable interesting tidbits about the situation that he is supposedly posting about today.
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:07 pm

sgjsnow wrote:
Bloomers wrote:
anders wrote:
Chris Harrison:

I wonder if the "unforgivable" thing he is referring to is that he uses his daughter as an excuse as to why he wants to leave instead of being up front with her. Or maybe there is more to it, or maybe Chris is hyping something more than there is? I am curious to see how it actually plays out and if RS any reliable interesting tidbits about the situation that he is supposedly posting about today.

Now, I had not thought of that; however, Ashley would be brokenhearted that "the one" left, but understanding enough to welcome him back for that reason, especially if he gives her the ole song and dance about how he couldn't quit thinking about her, etc., and "just had to come back..."
However, what villainous thing will we hear or see the "real" Bentley do on the way out to let us know that he is not on the up and up with Ashley?

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 pm

"We" already know Bentley isn't on the up and up - I dont get the idea that he comes clean at all - afterall, Ashley welcomes him back with a huge smile and a hug in Hong Kong - so whatever he did, either wasn't that bad, or something only the audience will see.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Maybe he says he will come back for her, or to wait for him, blah blah blah, or something to that extent to get her hopes up that it's not over?
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Alexxxx wrote:
Bloomers wrote:

At this point, I don't think Ashley is taken with JP either. I think she is completely smitten with Bentley, regardless of what we hear her say on her date with JP. I think she will have been encouraged to pull herself together and to go on with her date with JP. She will have been reminded of what she saw earlier in JP that she liked, etc., and that he is still there for her while Bentley is not.

Great discussion going on, but this last paragraph spoke to me. I remember a PI Ashley did at the M&G after her time with JP and the cupcake conversation -- she was grinning like she had a secret and said ... I don't know if he is the one that will be calling me cupcake, but ... At the time I thought she had somebody else definitely in mind. Of course it was Bentley. She flipped the minute she saw him. I think the warning just whetted her appetite, and she's going to have to satisfy it, one way or the other.

I hate to agree but I think you may be right. That night he may have been her F1 but the truth is, if Ed hadn't come back, Jill could still be with Reid; if Frank had been great with Ali on their FD and charmed her parents, she may have gone for her usual type. It's cliche but everything happens like it's supposed to happen. So I'm hopeful that although Ash learned a very painful, humiliating, and public lesson and even if things don't work out with JP or Ben, she'll never go for the badboy again.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Just maybe Ashley reverses the table and plays HIM for the fool and finally gets him out of her system
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 pm

ETA: As for lying, Harrison is already saying Ash doesn't have a Twitter, AGAIN. Ha.

Media Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 30 949729897
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by connorsmom Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:42 pm

sgjsnow wrote:CH quote: "This makes her question everything – the rest of the guys, herself, if this was worth it. It was really rough for us to get her back on track. Ashley definitely has a hard time moving passed this. It will haunt her and play a major role the rest of the show. She [became] a different person – a crestfallen, vulnerable little girl."

I know that he says that Bentley was her F1 the first night, but I am not so sure. What he says in the quote above makes me think more that the situation of Bentley and not Bentley himself is what upset her and makes her question herself, the guys, the process.
I'm curious - does anyone else think CH is right that Bentley was her F1 on the first night?

Personally, nothing has convinced me yet that all of this is about her feelings for Bentley. I tend to believe that the comments at the roast that make her cry compounded by Bentley's defection are what resulted in what Chris said above -- which, for the most part, I believe -- she's questioning all of this because at that point, she might truly believe that no one is there for her. And if that's the case, the opinions and beliefs she's already formed about the guys would be way off. I could completely see how she would start to question everything there and given it was her major insecurity walking into this (she thought they guys might GET BACK IN THE LIMO when they saw her, after all), this hit her where it hurts most.
connorsmom
connorsmom

Female Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

I don’t know if Bentley was her F1 right off the bat – but I firmly believe he was supposed to be one of the F4. I find it hard to believe that she fell for him right away and disregarded Michelle and Chris’ warnings about him. This is so Graham/Deanna/Jesse – it feels like they’re giving Ash an out if/when it doesn’t work out with her F1.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:38 pm

So, how does Ashley pick herself back up and move on?

“How Ashley changes, there’s a date right after a one-on-one date where she’s different,” explained Chris. “There’s no actress, there’s no nothing. There’s no Bachelorette. [She's] very raw, very vulnerable — and the rest of this season, she’s that girl and she’s afraid.”
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:48 pm

From what CH says it sounds as though Ashley goes back to the girl she was last season. Questioning and doubting everything.
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 58 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 44 ... 58  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Thread #1

+64