SELECT CONTENT

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 55 of 57 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 55 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by northernviewer Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:13 am

IrishGal wrote:I was a bit upset when JP told the other guys he knew about Bentley before them. I think that made their reaction a lot worse. Why did he tell them that?

I think it was just him being honest with the guys, and why hide it after Ashley had told them. He was just trying to defend Ashley to the guys and help them to see that it really wasn't something that should hinder them as he believed she had put closure between her and Bently. If he was devious, he'd have kept his mouth shut and let them be mad as it would help his chances but he didn't. I didn't see it as an act of one-upmanship over the other guys, but him trying to keep the peace and also to defend Ashley's honour. He seems like a straight up kinda guy and I don't think he was stirring the pot the way some might have in that situation.

I just rewatched that scene and I only remember one comment from Ben during that whole cocktail party and he said something like "as long as she concentrates on the guys she has here she'll be fine" I wonder what else he said during that evening?
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 55 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by emusha Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:17 am

tinydancer wrote:
IrishGal wrote:I was a bit upset when JP told the other guys he knew about Bentley before them. I think that made their reaction a lot worse. Why did he tell them that?

I actually thought he handled that really well and it was a non issue for the other guys. None of them mentioned it after the fact.
I agree -- I think minus Ryan all the guys really get along with each other very well, respect each other and seem to be building a good bond in the house...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 am

northernviewer wrote:

I think it was just him being honest with the guys, and why hide it after Ashley had told them. He was just trying to defend Ashley to the guys and help them to see that it really wasn't something that should hinder them as he believed she had put closure between her and Bently. If he was devious, he'd have kept his mouth shut and let them be mad as it would help his chances but he didn't. I didn't see it as an act of one-upmanship over the other guys, but him trying to keep the peace and also to defend Ashley's honour. He seems like a straight up kinda guy and I don't think he was stirring the pot the way some might have in that situation.

I just rewatched that scene and I only remember one comment from Ben during that whole cocktail party and he said something like "as long as she concentrates on the guys she has here she'll be fine" I wonder what else he said during that evening?

So NV...I posted the following upthread:

I think it was Blake that said to JP, "You knew Bentley was here last night"? and JP replied "Yeah" and someone says "You sandbagging..." Just at that moment they pan to Blake and you can see Ashley standing behind the wall listening to JP defend her against what the guys are saying. I rewatched in slo-mo several times and you can clearly see her silver sparkly dress. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was interesting that she was behind a wall listening to that conversation.

Do you think it was planned or an accident that Ash was listening when JP told the guys he knew? I'd also like to hear why you think they edited out all Ben's comments. Thanks.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:41 am

Beeleever wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

So NV...I posted the following upthread:

I think it was Blake that said to JP, "You knew Bentley was here last night"? and JP replied "Yeah" and someone says "You sandbagging..." Just at that moment they pan to Blake and you can see Ashley standing behind the wall listening to JP defend her against what the guys are saying. I rewatched in slo-mo several times and you can clearly see her silver sparkly dress. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was interesting that she was behind a wall listening to that conversation.

Do you think it was planned or an accident that Ash was listening when JP told the guys he knew? I'd also like to hear why you think they edited out all Ben's comments. Thanks.

I'd read your comment and was looking for it when rewatching that part this morning (watched the date portion with JP too :lovehearts: and you can definitely see her there. Not sure how close she actually was but if there was no glass separately them, she would most likely have heard them talking. I don't think she purposely eavesdropped on the conversation but could have overheard when approaching them. As for Ben, I'm not sure there was much to edit out as he doesn't seem to say much about anything, he just sits backs and listens from what we can see. Sometimes I get the feeling of disinterest from him, whether he is or not is another matter but his edit seems to be one of him showing no emotion one way or the other, which could be significant toward the end and why she chooses JP over him. no idea
northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks for your thoughts, NV. Last season, Emily was shown to be more quiet and reserved and also more private with how she was feeling. Could be Ben has those same characteristics. Some people keep their thoughts to themselves, while some put it all out there.

There are also people that are not comfortable with conflict and avoid it whenever possible. On the other hand, there are those that like to stir up the pot! :stirthepot
Beeleever
Beeleever

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 am

Beeleever wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, NV. Last season, Emily was shown to be more quiet and reserved and also more private with how she was feeling. Could be Ben has those same characteristics. Some people keep their thoughts to themselves, while some put it all out there.

There are also people that are not comfortable with conflict and avoid it whenever possible. On the other hand, there are those that like to stir up the pot! :stirthepot

You could be right, but last season was also dubbed the Emily show, so we know that she was front and centre every episode, one way or the other but Ben just seems to pretty much non-existant at this point, and it has to be for a reason, from an editing point anyway. I think we'll know why at the FRC.
northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:15 am

Hello guys
my favorite line of this episode was CH to Ashley : "i'm not going to mess with you " hahaha really Chris ?
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:19 am

northernviewer wrote:
Beeleever wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, NV. Last season, Emily was shown to be more quiet and reserved and also more private with how she was feeling. Could be Ben has those same characteristics. Some people keep their thoughts to themselves, while some put it all out there.

You could be right, but last season was also dubbed the Emily show, so we know that she was front and centre every episode, one way or the other but Ben just seems to pretty much non-existant at this point, and it has to be for a reason, from an editing point anyway. I think we'll know why at the FRC.

Yep, we are on the same page and I think it could be a little of both. Ben certainly seems more reserved than Ryan P. for example, but we also know that he must be talking to some extent and that seems to be on the cutting room floor. I am curious to see how his edit changes in the coming weeks. TPTB have to rev up his edit in order for us to think Ashley chooses him for F1. She certainly seems distraught and in conflict over her choice at the end. Especially that convo with JP in the yellow shirt and Ash in the brown one. They have to make it look interesting and not a slam dunk.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:32 am

Beeleever wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

Yep, we are on the same page and I think it could be a little of both. Ben certainly seems more reserved than Ryan P. for example, but we also know that he must be talking to some extent and that seems to be on the cutting room floor. I am curious to see how his edit changes in the coming weeks. TPTB have to rev up his edit in order for us to think Ashley chooses him for F1. She certainly seems distraught and in conflict over her choice at the end. Especially that convo with JP in the yellow shirt and Ash in the brown one. They have to make it look interesting and not a slam dunk.

I agree with both of you. Maybe what Ben says ends up on the cutting room floor because what he says does not advance the story they are telling along. It does seem that every season there are "parts" they cast in picking the Bach/Ette group of people.
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 am

Reality Mary wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

I agree with both of you. Maybe what Ben says ends up on the cutting room floor because what he says does not advance the story they are telling along. It does seem that every season there are "parts" they cast in picking the Bach/Ette group of people.

Spot on, girl! :gotcha: We know one thing for sure...We are through episode 7 and they have not given us a storyline with Ben, other than that he is a sweet and humorous guy. I think that is about to change in order to keep the viewing public wondering, though!
Beeleever
Beeleever

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 am

I finally got to see JP and Ash's date last night, didn't have time to watch the Dragon boat race (that's for tonight). I'm still on the fence about all this, I'm so skeptical of MF and the franchise as a whole and them handing JP on a platter seems too easy.

Maybe it's just Ashley but even though their kisses are hot (at least TPTB are making them seem that way), I don't see too much of a "connection" with any of them (OMG someone have a drink for me! :margarita: )

I'm going to have to watch it all over again and then see what happens in the episode on 7/11.

gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3836

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Mary Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 am

gurlbrit wrote:I finally got to see JP and Ash's date last night, didn't have time to watch the Dragon boat race (that's for tonight). I'm still on the fence about all this, I'm so skeptical of MF and the franchise as a whole and them handing JP on a platter seems too easy.

Maybe it's just Ashley but even though their kisses are hot (at least TPTB are making them seem that way), I don't see too much of a "connection" with any of them (OMG someone have a drink for me! :margarita: )

I'm going to have to watch it all over again and then see what happens in the episode on 7/11.

Okay, weird observation here Embarassed but some of Ashley and JP's kisses shows Ashley very closed mouth. Wonder if she does not want to get all sloppy on tv for her future patients to see or ?
Reality Mary
Reality Mary

Female Posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 57 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 6 - 6/27 - Discussion - Spoilers

+78
Beeleever
black_tears
sjcaligurl
Bloomers
agentcurls