SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by noobsleuth Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 am

I don't understand that if Bentley was such a frontrunner and not just distraction why did he not have a 1 on 1 date? Unless he was supposed to have it in Thailand BUT that's still only an F2 date. Episode 4 and beyond is usually too late for any kind of F1. (Chantal, CL, Kip, Molly, Jason, Tenley)

IMO Bentley was never F1. Maybe deep down the idea of being a step mom scared the ambitious dental student. :/
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by happy2bme Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 am

Bloomers wrote:
shoepie wrote:I think she gets engaged at the finale only because production likes that ending. Brad showed us that walking away creates a huge negative impact and Ashley does not want anymore bad press; she has had enough. Or we could see the, let's date and see how it goes. We haven't seen that in awhile.

Will it last? No, I dont think so. They will do a respectable stint at a long distance relationship as Ashley finishes her training and then we will hear it is over and the split is amicable.

My gut feeling feeling leans this way also. This edit is horrible. Not only did they throw Ashley under the bus with Bentley, but even after what looked like it could be a redeeming date with JP, they had her with sorrowful, doubtful thoughts in the deliberation room before the rose ceremony which realistically negated much of her forward progress. Why show the deliberation room if all is hunky dory?
At the least, the producers/editors themselves are doubtful....

I have got to point out past edits and the relationships that followed, including the one that is now in progress. The edited reluctance and hesitation between Brad and Emily is playing out in real life.

We can look back and see in so many other seasons where the edit played out in other real life ensuing relationships.

At some point the show has to make sense to the viewer. Her going back and forth with her emotions, loving the date with JP, then emotionally distraught again in the deliberation room is very taxing to the viewer or at least to me. I'm getting whiplash watching this and losing interest at the same time.
happy2bme
happy2bme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am

Happy, ITA. Usually I'm so excited for the new episodes but after last season's debacle, an unhappy ending for the Ukrainian Bach and then last week with Bentley, I'm feeling utterly depressed and tired of this whole genre. Im hoping the best for Ashley but I have to admit, things are looking mighty gloomy.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:28 am

It appears that at this point the audience is seeing only 4 guys - Ryan, JP, Bentley and William. IMO One is the next Bachelor, one is the F1 and the other 2 are to cause doubt that Ashley will be able to choose anybody at the FRC.... and anything else that happens along the way isn't all that relevant to the actual ending (and that includes her relationship with Bentley, Ames and Constantine)

I also think that comparing one season's edit to another is like fitting a square peg into a round hole .... each season and it's edit is unique and will never fall into a "pattern", as there will always be exceptions and the story being told is never truly known until the finale has aired.
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:46 am

Alanna wrote:Happy, ITA. Usually I'm so excited for the new episodes but after last season's debacle, an unhappy ending for the Ukrainian Bach and then last week with Bentley, I'm feeling utterly depressed and tired of this whole genre. Im hoping the best for Ashley but I have to admit, things are looking mighty gloomy.

I'd like to think TPTB are intentionally breaking the audience down emotionally so that they can build it back up that much greater at a later time ( & yes my rose-colored glasses are firmly set in place!)

Remember the whole Frank/Ali scenario occurred much later in the process...

I suspect there will be some kind of turning point/epiphany somewhere along the way...
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by klarson79 Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 am

Alanna wrote:Happy, ITA. Usually I'm so excited for the new episodes but after last season's debacle, an unhappy ending for the Ukrainian Bach and then last week with Bentley, I'm feeling utterly depressed and tired of this whole genre. Im hoping the best for Ashley but I have to admit, things are looking mighty gloomy.

I would agree with this (except the Ukrainian Bach - I didn't watch it, but there was NO WAY that Maks was going to choose anyone! He had a girlfriend when he was on the show and even left filming halfway through to spend time with her!). The editing is what just kills me. Say that Ben is the F1...where's his story in the first 3 episodes? The editors couldn't have thrown something in about him (even though I still believe that it is JP and that Ben was never really an option)? The editing and the Bentley BS and throwing Ashley under the bus over and over - it's getting ridiculous. People want to watch a love story. I gave up for a number of years on this show but got sucked in due to Ali & Roberto - might have to check right back out soon.

klarson79

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 pm

noobsleuth wrote:I don't understand that if Bentley was such a frontrunner and not just distraction why did he not have a 1 on 1 date? Unless he was supposed to have it in Thailand BUT that's still only an F2 date. Episode 4 and beyond is usually too late for any kind of F1. (Chantal, CL, Kip, Molly, Jason, Tenley)

IMO Bentley was never F1. Maybe deep down the idea of being a step mom scared the ambitious dental student. :/

She may well have wanted Bentley to have a date, but the producers are the ones who actually make the real decisions about the dates inspite of what we hear the lead say on the show*, and first they knew what he was saying all along the way - they knew his intentions - and next there was no way in hades, imo, they were going to give him a 1-1 date despite what Ashley wanted.

* We have read that from some of them, and one of them (Ali?) just recently said that she found out "that morning" when she got there ( I guess to wherever the producers were) about the date.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 pm

klarson79 wrote:

I would agree with this (except the Ukrainian Bach - I didn't watch it, but there was NO WAY that Maks was going to choose anyone! He had a girlfriend when he was on the show and even left filming halfway through to spend time with her!). The editing is what just kills me. Say that Ben is the F1...where's his story in the first 3 episodes? The editors couldn't have thrown something in about him (even though I still believe that it is JP and that Ben was never really an option)? The editing and the Bentley BS and throwing Ashley under the bus over and over - it's getting ridiculous. People want to watch a love story. I gave up for a number of years on this show but got sucked in due to Ali & Roberto - might have to check right back out soon.

If you're like me and watch the show strictly for entertainment purposes you won't get disappointed!! :D LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Bloomers wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:I don't understand that if Bentley was such a frontrunner and not just distraction why did he not have a 1 on 1 date? Unless he was supposed to have it in Thailand BUT that's still only an F2 date. Episode 4 and beyond is usually too late for any kind of F1. (Chantal, CL, Kip, Molly, Jason, Tenley)

She may well have wanted Bentley to have a date, but the producers are the ones who actually make the real decisions about the dates inspite of what we hear the lead say on the show*, and first they knew what he was saying all along the way - they knew his intentions - and next there was no way in hades, imo, they were going to give him a 1-1 date despite what Ashley wanted.
* We have read that from some of them, and one of them (Ali?) just recently said that she found out "that morning" when she got there ( I guess to wherever the producers were) about the date.

I know that theory isn't well received around here... but I'm in total agreement that somebody on staff had a heart, or at the very least knew that the drama that an added date would cause would be to Jerry Springerish and if she fell for him harder than she did, the rest of the show would be ruined.
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Bloomers wrote:
shoepie wrote:I think she gets engaged at the finale only because production likes that ending. Brad showed us that walking away creates a huge negative impact and Ashley does not want anymore bad press; she has had enough. Or we could see the, let's date and see how it goes. We haven't seen that in awhile.

Will it last? No, I dont think so. They will do a respectable stint at a long distance relationship as Ashley finishes her training and then we will hear it is over and the split is amicable.

My gut feeling feeling leans this way also. This edit is horrible. Not only did they throw Ashley under the bus with Bentley, but even after what looked like it could be a redeeming date with JP, they had her with sorrowful, doubtful thoughts in the deliberation room before the rose ceremony which realistically negated much of her forward progress. Why show the deliberation room if all is hunky dory?At the least, the producers/editors themselves are doubtful....

I have got to point out past edits and the relationships that followed, including the one that is now in progress. The edited reluctance and hesitation between Brad and Emily is playing out in real life.
We can look back and see in so many other seasons where the edit played out in other real life ensuing relationships.

Hmm... you make a really good point here!! Something to definitely think about! You are spot on about Brad and Emily! WTG!

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:37 pm

FWIW- There was something the guy from Fiji has always maintained....and that is that Ashley did pick someone. The exact details as to who she ended up with or what their status is when the finale was filmed is a little less clear.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Love_Me wrote:FWIW- There was something the guy from Fiji has always maintained....and that is that Ashley did pick someone. The exact details as to who she ended up with or what their status is when the finale was filmed is a little less clear.

yes Thanks for reminding us! Good point! :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

+60
nutty1
Kelad9
agentcurls
northernviewer
Bronwyn