SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Page 14 of 56 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 14 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by kitcat Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:18 am

I'm loving this guy...it's funny that I only get to appreciate Brooks more after the show ended.
kitcat
kitcat

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4 - Page 14 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by bamafan Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:50 am

What a nice guy. He was honest with himself and Des plus all the viewers. A change for sure. How refreshing to know there are still gentlemen out there that are not for 15 min of fame. :yes: 

bamafan

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 am

gabriele wrote:
sfrank wrote:
Adele1117 wrote:It's Brooks. It's his Instagram.

That ask.fm is not his instagram. He's instagram is  @brooksaforester. I don't think that is him.
someone could ask him to link to the ask.fm from his twitter to prove it's real. i'm not on either of those sites so i don't think i can.

I believe someone did tweet that question to him. I don't think that's him on that ask.com thing.

Anyone tweet to latergator?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:17 am

Why would CH think it will not last with Chris and Des? I read that somewhere and thought that was a very odd statement.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 am

I don't know. Good question. We'll see if it does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:46 am

Interesting that CH may have said that, nannymargie. Any idea where you read that?
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

Piper61 wrote:Interesting that CH may have said that, nannymargie.  Any idea where you read that?
No, I wish I could remember and I should have posted it when I saw it. I will try and find it again.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 am

Chris Harrison said that most relationships don't work out, so he sort of trying to play it both ways. Come on guys, he said the same of Sean and Catherine. Who cares what he thinks?

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 am

nannymargie wrote:
Piper61 wrote:Interesting that CH may have said that, nannymargie.  Any idea where you read that?
No, I wish I could remember and I should have posted it when I saw it.  I will try and find it again.
No worries if you don't find it. I just wondered how recent it may have been. Could be as simple as basing his thoughts on cumulative success of all bach couples.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 am

sfrank wrote:
atem wrote:Actually, Desiree seems really happy to me.  I guess people here still need to process it, because of a dream that didn't bear fruit.  However, all you have to do is see her instagram to see she is very happy.  

Dang, she has way more followers than Ashley does!  Did anyone notice that?
I don't think anyone can dispute that she is happy with Chris. How could she not be? The guy is blindly in love with her but I think it is completely reasonable for people to question if she is moving too quickly given the intense nature of her feelings for Brooks just a few days before receiving a proposal from Chris. Post show its been 3 months but they have not really been living like a complete couple during that time. I would personally like to see things progress at a normal rate in the "real world" before she uproots her life and moves to Seattle. It just seems a little rushed to me and I can't help thinking that it could be more about proving her love for Chris than anything else. I can understand wanting to be with him sooner rather than later but it seems (based on their answers in interviews) that as the show aired the decision for her move immediately became more necessary ...and I suspect it was probably with every passing "I love Brooks" confession.

As for a dream not coming to bear, I am not questioning her motives for moving so quickly with Chris out of some fantasy that she and Brooks will get back together. In fact, I would hope no one else is either because clearly that ship has sailed. Brooks did not love her and by all accounts was never going to so I am not sure what else there is to hold out hope of that happening.  

I wish Des all the happiness in the world but I'd like to see her approach her blossoming relationship with Chris with some more rational thought. Right now she seems happy but out to prove something to the world.
I share your sentiments. I have no idea why she is rushing things. At this point they've spent maybe 15 days together. At least they will figure out quickly if they are a good fit. :greenman: 

I annoys me that I'm still trying to analyze this days later! Why do I care so much!?! hissyfit 

Des isn't careful with her heart. She gives it to who she thinks loves her. When Brooks didn't share her love she gave it to Chris days later. Just months prior she was giving it Sean. Had she not been the Bette, she would have gone back to LA and given it to someone there.

Instead of immediately jumping into a engagement (yes, engagement) with Chris she should have went home and figured out why she fell so hard and fast for Brooks. I don't think she knows what she's looking for. She wanted the adventurous Brooks, but in the end accepted growing old and gray. I hope she realizes that she can have both. I imagine this is how people would have reacted had Deanna chosen Jason instead of Jesse. I think people would have defended that choice to the grave, even though weeks prior all she wanted was Graham. Another original F1 who did not share the love the lead had for him and did the right thing, left, and stayed away! (right after hometowns too!).

It worries me that Des is telling the media that it was 2 weeks between Brooks leaving and accepting Chris' proposal. Is she ashamed of her irrational behavior? lolpanda 

Back to Brooks.... This was not the show or the process for him. This was someone who knew what love was from previous relationship and was cheated on. When he told Des at the ATFR that he wasn't surprised it was Chris because of how Des looked at him, I could tell that seeing her other relationships flourish was a problem for him all along. I think he was genuinely shocked when she told him she would have picked him in the end.

I have to give the guy major props. He could have came back on his white horse and Des, and now the media, would have welcomed him with open arms. Instead he stuck to his guns and now must endure that wrath of the media and woman he scorned. I hope he continues to call people out on that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 am

Here is what CH said:

Do you actually think Chris and Des will get married?
I mean, let's be honest. What are the odds? Most relationships don't make it down the aisle. They just don't. We've been on a good run lately with Ashley and J.P. and I'm full convinced Sean and Catherine are going to get married soon. But married? I don't know. The odds are no, but you never know. These past few weeks they have been phenomenal off-camera, I've seen them. And what happened on the show has really only made them stronger. The fact that she's willing to leave Hollywood and chase him up to Seattle tells a lot. That is very telling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:58 am

After reading the transcripts for Drew and Brooks about being approached to be the next Bachelor and Drew had a photo shoot done for his intro vid that was cut out and how the show let Drew see the finale, but not Brooks... there are so many questions I have for Brooks and Drew!

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 56 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 35 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

+50
veg_out
dax right
biolalyss
NeverEnoughTime
lorijbaker