Welcome!!!!!

Become a Member of our Site to be able to post and join in on the conversations!

A Site For Fans Of The Bachelor & Bachelorette Who Enjoy

Sleuthing and Discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Join Our Site for Updates on Past Contestants As Well.

Discuss a variety of other shows as well!

Enjoy!

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Page 26 of 56 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 41 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Post by julychild on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:43 pm

nannymargie wrote:This is what James had to say about Des picking Chris.

James Case (Bachelorette, Season 9): I think Desiree picked second best. It seemed she really liked Brooks. He went home and she went with her second choice. I think they’ll stay together for the publicity, but I don’t see it lasting. Her first choice wasn’t Chris.
Candor is an admirable quality. Tact is equally admirable.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by gruder on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:47 pm

jlccaz wrote:
atem wrote:No way he would have gone out on that date.  Brooks was there for one thing and that was to tell her he was leaving.

All this season taught me was that MF was obsessed with getting back at RS and he got his wish.  Too bad he didn't give a rip about the product he produced to the audience he claims to like.
If you were the story editor, and the lead teared up talking about Brooks and her love for him during the actual proposal segment, how would you have worked that ending into the story you presented for viewers?  That had to be explained.  Or what a mess she was at the "F3" rose ceremony.  Those are "must show" segments.  You can't air her declaration of "forever love" to the "winner" on the last day without including those words, and then they have to be explained.  I firmly believe Des wrote her own story as much as anything here.  The story-tellers hands were tied.

Steve is secondary.
I agree. However what was the point of prolonging the breakup with Brooks. In all fairness to Chris, they should have shortened that portion, not dragged it out. It overshadowed everything else that took place in that episode. What purpose did it serve to have Des act out this story, if it wasn't real? And again if this is what she was truly feeling...then she was in no shape to turn around and profess her "forever love" to someone else, days later.

gruder

Back to top Go down

Post by kash on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 pm

The segment that aired were just brief snippets of their day together. Brooks reported that he basically spent the entire day with her.

In reality, what we see is a highly abbreviated and condensed version of their breakup.

In other words, the producers condensed the events as much as possible.

As far as Desiree acting, she obviously was not. She was still crying on her way to meeting chris, and crying while he proposed.

She even stopped him from proposing, supposedly to clarify what had happened earlier that week. Everything about it was incredibly awkward and wrong and forced.

gruder wrote:
jlccaz wrote:
atem wrote:No way he would have gone out on that date.  Brooks was there for one thing and that was to tell her he was leaving.

All this season taught me was that MF was obsessed with getting back at RS and he got his wish.  Too bad he didn't give a rip about the product he produced to the audience he claims to like.
If you were the story editor, and the lead teared up talking about Brooks and her love for him during the actual proposal segment, how would you have worked that ending into the story you presented for viewers?  That had to be explained.  Or what a mess she was at the "F3" rose ceremony.  Those are "must show" segments.  You can't air her declaration of "forever love" to the "winner" on the last day without including those words, and then they have to be explained.  I firmly believe Des wrote her own story as much as anything here.  The story-tellers hands were tied.

Steve is secondary.
I agree. However what was the point of prolonging the breakup with Brooks. In all fairness to Chris, they should have shortened that portion, not dragged it out. It overshadowed everything else that took place in that episode.  What purpose did it serve to have Des act out this story, if it wasn't real? And again if this is what she was truly feeling...then she was in no shape to turn around and profess her "forever love" to someone else, days later.

kash

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:57 pm

gruder wrote:
jlccaz wrote:

Steve is secondary.
I agree. However what was the point of prolonging the breakup with Brooks. In all fairness to Chris, they should have shortened that portion, not dragged it out. It overshadowed everything else that took place in that episode. What purpose did it serve to have Des act out this story, if it wasn't real? And again if this is what she was truly feeling...then she was in no shape to turn around and profess her "forever love" to someone else, days later.
Exactly! What purpose, they didn't drag Ali's out, she didn't get a two part.

pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaltie on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:00 pm

nannymargie wrote:
Kaltie wrote:I think it's funny and weird that Brooks is following Chris and seeing all the tweets about him and Des.. Haha don't you think??? giggling
He is trying to watch for any sign of trouble so he can go back in and win her back.rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 
 LOOOOOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaltie on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:04 pm

nannymargie wrote:
Rolly wrote:Trying to catch up on all these posts...

Moonchild, what is the statement that Chris made to Drew and Brooks...he stumbled over his words ???

I don't know how all of you get these pictures but they are great...keep posting them. I am not on twitter or Instagram so I can't see lots of this stuff.

Nannymargie, I talked about a 12 step program too, it has been really hard to figure out what happened and I think I'm going thru withdrawal. Maybe a grief and loss group. To think that what I was expecting was this wonderful return of Brooks saying he had made a mistake and wanted her in his life. I was such a fool and I really dislike TPTB for misleading and manipulating the viewer and those in the show.

There was a reference too about the HTD and how he left and I thought how can you not see that this guy is in love? How he greeted her, "I'll run...I've missed you ...where have you been all my life", the special moments and the best was her meeting his family, the ducks and the perfect day, the family and how comfortable she seemed with them and most of all how pleased he was at how well the day went. He had never been closer to the union of marriage and he didn't want her to go. Maybe the rose ceremony threw him for a loop. Zack was totally shocked about being let go and it probably made Brooks think this could happen to me. Maybe he didn't love her but I saw the "love look" too many many times along the way.

I really hated the final episode, I don't like the ending. Maybe it's just in my mind Brooks was coming back and I'm so disappointed that he didn't. ATFR was full of unresolved feelings from both Brooks and Des and for her to pretend that things were resolved because of how honest they both were in Antigua, I don't buy it.

That being said, I think I'm a bit wacky to be so invested in people I don't know but feel I do. Des, Chris and Brooks have moved on, they have had 3 months to be where there are in accepting what happened. I am not quite there yet. I am going to watch Des and Chris' final date and the proposal to try be positive and excited for them. Maybe they got what all of them wanted and I want for all of them to be happy.

Sorry way too long..... :nod: 
Love you post and I agree with it all. Especially about HTD with Brooks and Des.
 Same here! I love your posts Rolly! I have the exact same thoughts as you!yes

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Old pictures of Brooks:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fight the New Drug pics

momoftrips

Female Posts: 2867

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:10 pm

julychild wrote:
nannymargie wrote:This is what James had to say about Des picking Chris.

James Case (Bachelorette, Season 9): I think Desiree picked second best. It seemed she really liked Brooks. He went home and she went with her second choice. I think they’ll stay together for the publicity, but I don’t see it lasting. Her first choice wasn’t Chris.
Candor is an admirable quality. Tact is equally admirable.
yes :yes: 

2observe

Female Posts: 2473

Back to top Go down

Post by atem on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 pm

momoftrips wrote:Old pictures of Brooks:

Fight the New Drug pics
Thanks momoftrips!

atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaltie on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Awesome pictures momoftrips!

Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:26 pm

agentcurls wrote:
Beeleever wrote:I just went back and started reading the Discussion #3 thread. I love agentcurls list of clues about why Brooks wasn´t F1, Chris was F1 etc. That post should be stickied so we don´t lose it for sleuthing next season!
 I put the updated F1 vs. not F1 analysis list as a red Sticky in the "Bachelorette Season 9 Archives/Past Discussions" thread to possibly use as a future reference.
Thank you for doing this.. I thought of a few others:

Pro-Chris
Des tweets a pic of an open heart necklace (open heart mentioned in poems)
Chris tweets himself on the Seattle pig with the hashtag piggyback referencing their HTD
Elan's tweet: elan gale ‏@theyearofelan 8 Jul My sources tell me that you're making up your sources
Elan's typical artsy F1 pic- in the helicopter
Producer- Peter- post a pic of Chris and Des captioned "These two"
safe house pic was followed up by a tweet from Des... be-you-tiful #lovelife #loveyou
Jana Forrester following Chris on Twitter

Pro-Brooks
Deanna Forester asking for votes for Brooks as the next bachelor and then posting a cheeky as if it was a joke.
Des' mom following Team Bres.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Judiful on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Kaltie wrote:Awesome pictures momoftrips!
Holy Schmoly ...This guy is so sexy...and I'm such a cougar...LOL These pictures of Brooks are amazing !! Thanks momoftrips.. you made my day...High clap 

Judiful

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 56 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 41 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum