SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group Empty Chris Discussion Group

Post by IrishGal Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi! Just trying to open discussion up about the Final 3.
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Chris Discussion Group Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by Peppermom Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks so much IG! I wonder what everyone is thinking about Chris saying he didn't see much of the epi with the Brooks and Des melt down? How important is it for him to watch that, preferably with Des to get past it? Does anyone think it might be a nagging thing in his mind later on? Especially with everyone asking him about it now and all the info out there on it. It's not like it was private and he could just let it go? Thoughts?

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:08 pm

I suspect that he's watched it...how could he not? But by saying he hasn't, he shuts down that topic of conversation which is smart. I honestly don't believe he'd be making the commitment to live together without having watched everything. I agree with those who think that Des' reaction to Brooks leaving was a combo of exhaustion, stress, shock and hurt. All the leads have said that by the end of filming they are just worn to a frazzle. Chris would understand that.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peppermom Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:30 pm

That's a good point IG. I hadn't thought about shutting down the conversation that way. I guess I would rather say, I watched it, we've discussed it, we understand it, and it's in the past and our future is ahead of us. Next question...........

Tough times don't last, tough people do.  Life is a journey, not a destination.
Peppermom
Peppermom

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:12 pm

IrishGal wrote:I suspect that he's watched it...how could he not?  But by saying he hasn't, he shuts down that topic of conversation which is smart.  I honestly don't believe he'd be making the commitment to live together without having watched everything. I agree with those who think that Des' reaction to Brooks leaving was a combo of exhaustion, stress, shock and hurt.  All the leads have said that by the end of filming they are just worn to a frazzle. Chris would understand that.
I've always thought that Chris uses this phrasing to media so that questioning doesn't go any further. It makes perfect sense to me. I also agree that I'm sure he's watched it. We know his family has! Chris appears mature beyond his years and if he's certain that he and Des have chance, even with the recent feelings for Brooks, I trust his judgement.

Everyone has gotten quite worked up about the fact that Des/Chris got engaged. Of course, it would have been much more realistic/believable should they have chosen to date. My interpretation of their "TV engagement" is that they chose each other and want to take the relationship into the real world. Their choosing of each other was through that beautiful and heartfelt proposal. I'm not quite so hung up on the fact that they're engaged b/c of the premise of the show.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Good point Jojo, their options were get engaged or dramatic rejection from one or both sides.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 am

Ok, confession time.  I'm getting aggravated about how really mean people are being about Chris' poetry.  I agree he won't be winning any Pulitzer Prize.  So what?  His poems are sincere expressions of his love.  I've been very lucky in my life that several men have written poems for me (and one wrote a symphony).  It's very touching and romantic.  It's called creativity inspired by love. Would I rather have a dime-a-dozen Chloe purse or a poem written for me?  The purse gets worn out and goes in the trash...the poem I will treasure forever. So much for Bach fans being romantic. I'm sad that this is the prevailing attitude.
IrishGal
IrishGal

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany44000 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:02 am

IrishGal wrote:Ok, confession time.  I'm getting aggravated about how really mean people are being about Chris' poetry.  I agree he won't be winning any Pulitzer Prize.  So what?  His poems are sincere expressions of his love.  I've been very lucky in my life that several men have written poems for me (and one wrote a symphony).  It's very touching and romantic.  It's called creativity inspired by love. Would I rather have a dime-a-dozen Chloe purse or a poem written for me?  The purse gets worn out and goes in the trash...the poem I will treasure forever. So much for Bach fans being romantic. I'm sad that this is the prevailing attitude.
Ita, and I suspect that if it were that persons significant other or fav contestant they would totally adore it too! It's a shame that the good/sincere men catch backlash for being sweet!!!
brittany44000
brittany44000

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:14 am

I'm not a fan of poetry on the show but didn't enjoy Ryan's either. I also don't like the songs on the show. Good for Chris if he can publish but it's not for me. Luckily Des disagrees.  :Nod: 

It's funny because my dh wrote some poems before I met him but never did one for me. I'm fine about that because I'm not one for the mushy stuff. We still get funny cards for each other. I'm just not a romantic I guess.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15296

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

albean99 wrote:I'm not a fan of poetry on the show but didn't enjoy Ryan's either. I also don't like the songs on the show. Good for Chris if he can publish but it's not for me. Luckily Des disagrees.  :Nod: 

It's funny because my dh wrote some poems before I met him but never did one for me. I'm fine about that because I'm not one for the mushy stuff. We still get funny cards for each other. I'm just not a romantic I guess.
We are the same way bean.

My boyfriend in high school once wrote a song for me and when he played it, all I could think about how his voice kept cracking. I felt like a terrible person, but there are different love languages.... mine is definitely not words.  

Anyway, while I found Chris' poem writing to be monotonous by the end of the show, I thought the first one was really cute and I'm happy to see a dream of his fulfilled. I probably won't buy it though. I am not a poet by any means. I only buy the greeting cards that rhyme. giggling
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:01 pm

IrishGal wrote:Ok, confession time.  I'm getting aggravated about how really mean people are being about Chris' poetry.  I agree he won't be winning any Pulitzer Prize.  So what?  His poems are sincere expressions of his love.  I've been very lucky in my life that several men have written poems for me (and one wrote a symphony).  It's very touching and romantic.  It's called creativity inspired by love. Would I rather have a dime-a-dozen Chloe purse or a poem written for me?  The purse gets worn out and goes in the trash...the poem I will treasure forever. So much for Bach fans being romantic. I'm sad that this is the prevailing attitude.
Like Noob & Albean, I'm not a poetry girl! However, I recognize the talent, sincerity and feelings expressed (just like any other art form), whether it's my cup of tea or not.

Aside from that, I think there are those that are just TRYING to find something for which they can bash Chris. And this is easy for them to attack. They might get called on picking at his character, so it's easier to be negative about his poetry.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Not a big fan of any flowery type romanticism. That is probably a real shocker. The first time or two it might be nice, but after that I might have to resort to antifreeze.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41