SELECT CONTENT

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Page 18 of 46 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

alwyasfallingforward - Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:05 pm

IrishGal wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:I don't know if you guys saw this over on the Brooks thread:

Lievta wrote:Lievta wrote:Post byLievtaon Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:38 pm
Aunties_Love wrote:I am not telling anyone what to do/think. Again, I am not a malicious person. I do find it weird that so much attention is put onto the concept that Des did something wrong when it was BRooks that left, but that's just me.
rotfl rotfl rotfl 
I guess some do believe I am malicious??  That poster bolded the malicious person part and then did the rolling in laughter after it.
Auntie, if you don't mind I'd like to continue this conversation on the Brooks Discussion Thread which is NOT a fan thread.  I'm going to post your quote there.  :Smiley: 
Sounds good, don't mind at all.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

alwyasfallingforward - Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Post by JBF Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:09 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
JBF wrote:This is why I like posting this stuff, because I know I will get more "angles" to it from fellow Eagle Eyes and Ears.

AND... the whole James drama was about "being the next Bachelor" which Chris stated on screen he was 100% not thinking about.
You are so darn logical! This makes a lot of sense to me as well. Thank you for all your good insight.

I always felt manipulated by the Bentley drama - thought it was a huge black mark in a fantastic, love-match of a season and that everything was totally amped up by handlers.

However, I never felt manipulated by the Brooks drama because producers fortunately ripped off the bandaid in one 40 minute stretch of breakup/tears. In the end - thanks to spoilers - I lost faith in Des being able to come to her senses. However, I never wavered from unspoiled to spoiled that Chris was her "meant to be" F1 because of everything I saw all season long w/Chris being Prince Charming to her Cinderella.
Actually I thought this season was a let-down. Des didn't sob nearly as much as Ali did over Frank. That gal was throwing her flower into the sand and the tears were rolling down the face. They did a better job with the saline squirts that season. OK... OK... the tears were probably genuine since all of these Bachelorettes think "he's the one" in that moment. After all, Frank's dad even told her he wasn't ready for commitment on the hometown and she still dumped Kirk instead!

Ashley at least put Vaseline over her face before diving under covers post-Bentley "I wanted my happy ending and I thought it would be with him... boo hoo hoo". My favorite moment was when Bentley told her her eyes sparkled as he left.

When you watch the dates she had with JP online in youtube videos, actually count how many times Bentley gets mentioned. He isn't discussed in Taiwan with JP as he acts all "jealous" on his wedding photo group date... or on the hometown date with mommy Ilene all concerned about him getting heartbroken again. Yet the B-word crops up AGAIN on his fantasy date (this time it is JP's turn to bring him up) after she discusses Ryan's visit and Constantine's departure. I think Bentley was no longer getting Fleiss' commission checks by finale-time (he was the star of Men Tell All anyway without attending) since Chrystie and Mom just discuss him as "that guy who left". (You folks want to see Bentley discussed without being named, enjoy this with hearty laughs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5bqeHpd55Y)

What made this season so different was that the viewers took it so much more seriously than the other two times partly because it spilled over into the finale and partly because they wasted half an episode on it: Part 1 covered the long visit to Idaho with Janice and sis, Part 2 was Mister Harrison talking and talking and talking as Brooks mumbled and Part 3 was the final showdown with her actually blubbering less than he was. Brooks was Mister Niagara Falls... so much so that a couple times I found myself talking to the TV "Don't hurt yourself Brooks, it isn't the end of the world!"

Again... I know... I know. All of the emotions were real. At least enough to convince the masses... maybe even Nate.

I am curious... in all of the Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, including Bob's, Byron's, Brad's and Ben's seasons, was there not ONE final one "winner" with a name starting with either B or F? This season had a Ben who was baaaad, a Brian with a girlfriend, a Bryden who left and a Brooks who left. Des tells Katie Couric (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_bdZEZa2FA ) that she kept forgetting names because "there were so many beeeees".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:28 pm

JBF wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:
JBF wrote:This is why I like posting this stuff, because I know I will get more "angles" to it from fellow Eagle Eyes and Ears.

AND... the whole James drama was about "being the next Bachelor" which Chris stated on screen he was 100% not thinking about.
You are so darn logical! This makes a lot of sense to me as well. Thank you for all your good insight.

I always felt manipulated by the Bentley drama - thought it was a huge black mark in a fantastic, love-match of a season and that everything was totally amped up by handlers.

However, I never felt manipulated by the Brooks drama because producers fortunately ripped off the bandaid in one 40 minute stretch of breakup/tears. In the end - thanks to spoilers - I lost faith in Des being able to come to her senses. However, I never wavered from unspoiled to spoiled that Chris was her "meant to be" F1 because of everything I saw all season long w/Chris being Prince Charming to her Cinderella.
Actually I thought this season was a let-down. Des didn't sob nearly as much as Ali did over Frank. That gal was throwing her flower into the sand and the tears were rolling down the face. They did a better job with the saline squirts that season. OK... OK... the tears were probably genuine since all of these Bachelorettes think "he's the one" in that moment. After all, Frank's dad even told her he wasn't ready for commitment on the hometown and she still dumped Kirk instead!

Ashley at least put Vaseline over her face before diving under covers post-Bentley "I wanted my happy ending and I thought it would be with him... boo hoo hoo". My favorite moment was when Bentley told her her eyes sparkled as he left.

When you watch the dates she had with JP online in youtube videos, actually count how many times Bentley gets mentioned. He isn't discussed in Taiwan with JP as he acts all "jealous" on his wedding photo group date... or on the hometown date with mommy Ilene all concerned about him getting heartbroken again. Yet the B-word crops up AGAIN on his fantasy date (this time it is JP's turn to bring him up) after she discusses Ryan's visit and Constantine's departure. I think Bentley was no longer getting Fleiss' commission checks by finale-time (he was the star of Men Tell All anyway without attending) since Chrystie and Mom just discuss him as "that guy who left". (You folks want to see Bentley discussed without being named, enjoy this with hearty laughs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5bqeHpd55Y)

What made this season so different was that the viewers took it so much more seriously than the other two times partly because it spilled over into the finale and partly because they wasted half an episode on it: Part 1 covered the long visit to Idaho with Janice and sis, Part 2 was Mister Harrison talking and talking and talking as Brooks mumbled and Part 3 was the final showdown with her actually blubbering less than he was. Brooks was Mister Niagara Falls... so much so that a couple times I found myself talking to the TV "Don't hurt yourself Brooks, it isn't the end of the world!"

Again... I know... I know. All of the emotions were real. At least enough to convince the masses... maybe even Nate.

I am curious... in all of the Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, including Bob's, Byron's, Brad's and Ben's seasons, was there not ONE final one "winner" with a name starting with either B or F? This season had a Ben who was baaaad, a Brian with a girlfriend, a Bryden who left and a Brooks who left. Des tells Katie Couric (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_bdZEZa2FA ) that she kept forgetting names because "there were so many beeeees".
Regarding the bolded, I think the main reason that the viewers took it more seriously was because Des was a more emotional person than both Ali and Ashley and Brooks was much more sensitive than both Frank and Bentley. Des would cry at the drop a hat and Brooks CARED that he was hurting Des and that, imo, was the key to sucking in the viewers. I also think that the Spoiler helped to convince long time posters/sleuthers to buy into the manufactured storyline, even when things just didn't add up.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Somewhat off topic but the way Des/Chris were edited (healthy friendship growing into loving relationship) reminded me of Jillian/Reid edited relationship with the Brooks' (Reid)inability to commit trait thrown in the mix.  I really love the Des/Chris relationship because of the fun/friendship/caring/loving traits, probably because my marriage of 32 years is like this.  I may be completely wrong but I can see nothing but growth in this relationship because they both seem to want the relationship to work.

Hang in the Auntie's_Love. I applaud your defense and persistence. High clap bestbud! 
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:52 pm

Jillian definitely picked the wrong guy. Ed was no Chris and not ready to get married. I was a little annoyed with her latest blog saying that Des's finale was sad not romantic. ;( She is definitely not an expert. Oh well, hopefully Chris and Des will prove her wrong.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

soccermom333 wrote:Jillian definitely picked the wrong guy.  Ed was no Chris and not ready to get married.  I was a little annoyed with her latest blog saying that Des's finale was sad not romantic.  ;(  She is definitely not an expert.  Oh well, hopefully Chris and Des will prove her wrong.
I'm hoping Jillian gets it right this time; she seems really happy. I agree she is no expert. Chris and Des have already accomplished ease and confidence their relationship in which I think Jillian completely missed out from day 1, at least from what we witnessed.Suspect Time will tell but I'd bet on Chris and Des.yes The ingredients for a successful relationship are all there.
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Muslady wrote:Somewhat off topic but the way Des/Chris were edited (healthy friendship growing into loving relationship) reminded me of Jillian/Reid edited relationship with the Brooks' (Reid)inability to commit trait thrown in the mix.  I really love the Des/Chris relationship because of the fun/friendship/caring/loving traits, probably because my marriage of 32 years is like this.  I may be completely wrong but I can see nothing but growth in this relationship because they both seem to want the relationship to work.

Hang in the Auntie's_Love.  I applaud your defense and persistence.  High clap bestbud! 
Aww, thanks Muslady!! I do agree that the editing could be related to the Jillian/Reid situation with the in-ability to commit(Brooks). I do think that it makes sense. I too have had over a 20 yr. marriage with my "Chris" full of fun/friendship/love and committment to each other.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Muslady wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:Jillian definitely picked the wrong guy.  Ed was no Chris and not ready to get married.  I was a little annoyed with her latest blog saying that Des's finale was sad not romantic.  ;(  She is definitely not an expert.  Oh well, hopefully Chris and Des will prove her wrong.
I'm hoping Jillian gets it right this time; she seems really happy.  I agree she is no expert.  Chris and Des have already accomplished ease and confidence their relationship in which I think Jillian completely missed out from day 1, at least from what we witnessed.Suspect Time will tell but I'd bet on Chris and Des.yes The ingredients for a successful relationship are all there.
One thing that I love that Chris and Des have done is to leave the bachbubble behind by leaving california. So glad to see them settle in an area where they will have other examples in the name of Molly/Jason as they too have left the bach world behind for the big portion.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 am

jupi wrote:JBF, thanks for the transcript! I think she said "I want nothing but to spend the rest of my life with you" though and not "satisfy you". But ITA on your point regarding the underlined line
thanks JBF, for the verbatim version of the Chres finale yes .

i agree with most of your take, except some little parts :

- ITA with Jupi above, "I want nothing but to spend the rest of my life with you" though and not "satisfy you"

- after he asked "will you marry me?" she said "a thousand times"

- She said " i will tell you every day" (not "everything"). i think in regards to saying ILY to him.

ITA with you regarding there are 2 stories of each season : on screen and the real, hidden one. Anyone with right mind would have to agree with this, since we know they only shown us 15-20 minutes of their interactions on each date rather than hundreds of minutes of the actual one.

Back to top Go down

Post by composer53 Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:16 am

There are so many naysayers regarding the fact that some people say that Chris loves Desiree more than Desiree loves Chris. I don't care and why I don't care is because I know a couple that just celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and she has told me more than once that when they were first getting together, her husband told her, "you know that you love me more than I love you." She didn't care because she knew he was the right one for her. They are some of the most awesome people I have ever met. There is more to their story than just that, but it is not my story to tell. Anyway, I have no worries concerning Desiree and chris.
composer53
composer53

Female Posts : 424

http://www.artisticadvocatesforhealing.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:29 am

composer53 wrote:There are so many naysayers regarding the fact that some people say that Chris loves Desiree more than Desiree loves Chris.  I don't care and why I don't care is because I know a couple that just celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary and she has told me more than once that when they were first getting together, her husband told her, "you know that you love me more than I love you."  She didn't care because she knew he was the right one for her.  They are some of the most awesome people I have ever met.  There is more to their story than just that, but it is not my story to tell.  Anyway, I have no worries concerning Desiree and chris.
Me neither. What I thought of this couple is that they took the same path that Jason/Molly, Trista/Ryan, Ashley/JP but because they all have left the twinkling lights of LA behind and have carried on with their own lives and building a life together. Because of that, I have real high hopes that Des and Chris will make it as well.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:41 am

murasaki1393 wrote:
jupi wrote:JBF, thanks for the transcript! I think she said "I want nothing but to spend the rest of my life with you" though and not "satisfy you". But ITA on your point regarding the underlined line
thanks JBF, for the verbatim version of the Chres finale yes .

i agree with most of your take, except some little parts :

- ITA with Jupi above, "I want nothing but to spend the rest of my life with you" though and not "satisfy you"

- after he asked "will you marry me?" she said "a thousand times"

- She said " i will tell you every day" (not "everything"). i think in regards to saying ILY to him.

ITA with you regarding there are 2 stories of each season : on screen and the real, hidden one. Anyone with right mind would have to agree with this, since we know they only shown us 15-20 minutes of their interactions on each date rather than hundreds of minutes of the actual one.
I hear "I will tell you everything."
Also, with her dad, Chris said "she told me she's not looking to get married twice." That sounds like they talked about her continuing on after Brooks left, sometime during the LCD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 46 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 32 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

+86
mysthelma
grace8136
alwaystulips
KB_Mom
Seabear