SELECT CONTENT

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Page 3 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 am

I wonder why Zack went home so early on the show? He seems like a nice guy, certainly way better than many that lasted far longer.

Back to top Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:28 am

grace8136 wrote:I wonder why Zack went home so early on the show? He seems like a nice guy, certainly way better than many that lasted far longer.
I know, he was another we saw next to nothing of and from the looks of that picture he is going to make a good father. I hope he finds someone that is just right for him very soon.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:41 am

I've read all the Hearts section and part of the baseball section of the book and I just want to say that What a remarkable young man Chris is! His parents must be so proud of him. He really is very open and expressive with his feelings through poems. Reading this book you really get a sense of what kind of person he is inside. Des hit the jackpot with him.

Regarding revised editions, I think that he didn't say anything that we don't already know about the show. We all know that it is heavily edited for ratings.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:11 pm

2boys3girls wrote:Does anyone know when the paperback/hardcover will be released?
I'm wondering if they might use some of the funds raised from the ebook for the print production, which is more costly than digital these days.

grace8136 wrote:I wonder why Zack went home so early on the show? He seems like a nice guy, certainly way better than many that lasted far longer.
If Zack became close friends with Chris very quickly and Chris shared his true interest in Des as a longterm love, I imagine that Zack laid off entirely with Des. Or it could simply be that Des didn't really connect to Zack, he was no drama, and productions made the decision. I'm just glad that he and Chris are good friends.

SLA44 wrote:
“Concealed Truth”
Well stories unfold not true, But opposite of what you expect them to do. You are here for the right reasons, Experience is new, But jaded you may be once the journey is through. Unless all was revealed in an instance.

New decisions for you may be hard. Perspective you’ll keep, But wrong thought this might be, The process, the downfall and existence. Keep in mind some feelings are real, Expressed by those who are ready and feel. You can be the one, Easy decision is none, Don’t be blinded by the ones who conceal.

Here is Chris's synopsis of "Concealed Truth"
Here we have one of my poems that I felt compelled to write at 2: 30 in the morning because I could not sleep. The last line in stanza one speaks to the possibility that, while I was on the show for the right reasons, others may have not been and it was potentially going to leave a sour taste in my mouth after the journey was all said and done. Stanza two speaks directly to Des. When drama broke out between some of the guys, I was worried that it may be overwhelming for her. The reason I use the words “Perspective you’ll keep, but wrong thought this might be,” is because I was afraid she may not see the true side of some people in the house, or at least the side that we saw. Line five I will leave up to you to analyze. Let’s just say it is thought provoking…

Siegfried, Chris; Hartsock, Desiree (2013-08-19). Diamonds and Hearts - A Poetic Memoir (Kindle Locations 1169-1173).  . Kindle Edition.
[/quote]
The beauty of poetry: you can read into it anything that you want. I find the bolded line interesting. At the end of the day, Chris spent most of his time with the other guys, hearing all manner of comments. He observed their moods and their reactions to getting a date or returning home from one. Chris knew, IMO, who the frontrunners were, and he acknowledged it throughout the season. Perhaps he's hinting at all the guys who wanted to leave or who weren't in it for Des.

I think that the conversations that Chris and Des had after the show would fill in any gaps that either of them had about "the way things went down." If Des had questions about anything, Chris could fill her in, and vice versa.

Re. the contract infringement, I'm almost certain that TPTB gave their blessing on the book due to the overlap of contract with content. The fact that Chris left "line 5" open to interpretation indicates that he wasn't permitted to speak names or anything else. The hint at manipulation, editing, and misrepresentation of truth by TPTB are all common knowledge among any show viewer; articles upon articles reflect on the unreality of reality TV. He's all good.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:18 pm

veg_, thank you so much for answering all these questions. I always look forward to reading your posts yes

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Female Posts : 922

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolinagirl1864 Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Robert Mills RT Des' tweet with the link to the amazon site, so all must be well in Fleiss land for their approval of the book...
Waiting for the hard copy to come out!!!

Carolinagirl1864

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Baseball Mom wrote:veg_, thank you so much for answering all these questions. I always look forward to reading your posts yes
Same here, B-Mama! Regardless of the way that they found each other, the most important part of this crazy show is AFTER the cameras stop rolling when they're immersed in real life, like Chris' mom acknowledged on his HTD. They're doing all the right things as far as I can see, which makes me really hopeful for their success. I do think that the three-to-four months that Des has spent learning about Chris have now replaced the weeks on the show. Des wanted love, and she found it. I hope that they last like Jash.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:15 pm

veg_out wrote:
Baseball Mom wrote:veg_, thank you so much for answering all these questions. I always look forward to reading your posts yes
Same here, B-Mama! Regardless of the way that they found each other, the most important part of this crazy show is AFTER the cameras stop rolling when they're immersed in real life, like Chris' mom acknowledged on his HTD. They're doing all the right things as far as I can see, which makes me really hopeful for their success. I do think that the three-to-four months that Des has spent learning about Chris have now replaced the weeks on the show. Des wanted love, and she found it. I hope that they last like Jash.
yes agree with you here Veg... hoping they continue to make their way together.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:18 pm

mercieme wrote:I just got to the the Hearts section of Diamond & Hearts. For those that have read it, what are your thoughts on "Concealed Truth", it's making me wonder about a whole lot hmmm 

“Concealed Truth”
Well stories unfold not true, But opposite of what you expect them to do. You are here for the right reasons, Experience is new, But jaded you may be once the journey is through. Unless all was revealed in an instance.

New decisions for you may be hard. Perspective you’ll keep, But wrong thought this might be, The process, the downfall and existence. Keep in mind some feelings are real, Expressed by those who are ready and feel. You can be the one, Easy decision is none, Don’t be blinded by the ones who conceal.

Here we have one of my poems that I felt compelled to write at 2: 30 in the morning because I could not sleep. The last line in stanza one speaks to the possibility that, while I was on the show for the right reasons, others may have not been and it was potentially going to leave a sour taste in my mouth after the journey was all said and done. Stanza two speaks directly to Des. When drama broke out between some of the guys, I was worried that it may be overwhelming for her. The reason I use the words “Perspective you’ll keep, but wrong thought this might be,” is because I was afraid she may not see the true side of some people in the house, or at least the side that we saw. Line five I will leave up to you to analyze. Let’s just say it is thought provoking…

Siegfried, Chris; Hartsock, Desiree (2013-08-19). Diamonds and Hearts - A Poetic Memoir (Kindle Locations 1169-1173).  . Kindle Edition.
Which one is line five?
"The process, the downfall and existence." or "Don’t be blinded by the ones who conceal"
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:12 pm

JBF wrote:
mercieme wrote:I just got to the the Hearts section of Diamond & Hearts. For those that have read it, what are your thoughts on "Concealed Truth", it's making me wonder about a whole lot hmmm 

“Concealed Truth”

Which one is line five?
"The process, the downfall and existence." or "Don’t be blinded by the ones who conceal"
Line 5 is "The process, the downfall and existence."

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks. Yeah... there is a story behind the story here, just not sure how much of it is any of our business. Yet possible clues are given.

The "downfall" MIGHT be the criticism she has gotten for the post-Brooks "turnaround" which "me thinks" was mostly storyboarded anyway... that is, you can count me in among those who believe she made up her mind about Chris as F1 by Munich, but The Show Must Go On... AND she had to work out her various "issues" (heartbreak and otherwise) with Brooks on screen much as Ali and Ashley had to with Frank and Bentley respectively. No, I will not wage battle with the Brooks Battalion about all of this. We just all have to agree to disagree, voice our "takes" and let those reading make their own opinions.

For example, there was a debate as to whether or not she would be as equally upset had Chris left instead of Brooks, but that was never an issue to begin with since Chris told her in Munich that he was "here for the long haul", just as JP told Ashley in Phuket (episode #4 that season) he wasn't going anywhere and she would have to force him out. Usually these scenes are key "signs" included in the edit that the lead "knows" who is The One. Brooks never promised anything... and technically did nothing wrong but accept that rose after hometown and let Zak get booted in his place... just as Bryden got the previous Zack booted in his place. (Bryden leaves. Brooks leaves. Zack and Zak could have stayed. S-T-O-R-Y-B-O-A-R-D.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Deez Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:57 pm

I see where his poem "Last Thoughts" was written on April 29 and this was written after meeting the parents?

Did we see the dates in the right order?

Deez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 45 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24 ... 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - Media - Discussion

+91
provenceguy
Maddy
intheroom
Stacia620
StacyNor