SELECT CONTENT

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 6 of 56 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 31 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:04 pm

jlccaz wrote:He likes Idea of Sharleen, Look of Sharleen, Mundo of Sharleen, but hasn't cracked her veneer to know what it would be like to even share a coffee with her in the real world, much less co-parent.  It's a very shallow fit.  

Also, last night, I found it as odd as CHarrison did that he just attacked her mouth when she sat down in Hobbitown.   No attempt to "know her heart" or all the other stuff he says about others.  

My own take on this season is that the Girl Friendships mattered a LOT here over time.  As much as Lesley was not going to tell her BFF Catherine's future husband "I LOVE YOU" on national television (knowing what she knew about Catherine's interest and motives, etc.), even at the risk of being sent home, I think Sharleen and Andi were tight with Nikki, had little use for Clare, and removed themselves from the picture.  Plus, Sharleen very obviously and rationally was not going to miss out on a major concert appearance over a guy that her friend Nikki had "dibs" on.  

I said the same. He likes the idea that he can attract this very classy, beautiful, accomplished woman...except that he can't! Not in real life. He doesn't really seem to be interested in her as a person, just as a beautiful accessory on his arm. Proven repeatedly by the fact that he still doesn't notice that she is uncomfortable when he just goes in for the make out rather that talking to her.

I would like to see more of the interaction between the women as they look as if they are enjoying their time together more than their time with JPab.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:49 pm

jlccaz wrote:He likes Idea of Sharleen, Look of Sharleen, Mundo of Sharleen, but hasn't cracked her veneer to know what it would be like to even share a coffee with her in the real world, much less co-parent.  It's a very shallow fit.  

Also, last night, I found it as odd as CHarrison did that he just attacked her mouth when she sat down in Hobbitown.   No attempt to "know her heart" or all the other stuff he says about others.  

My own take on this season is that the Girl Friendships mattered a LOT here over time.  As much as Lesley was not going to tell her BFF Catherine's future husband "I LOVE YOU" on national television (knowing what she knew about Catherine's interest and motives, etc.), even at the risk of being sent home, I think Sharleen and Andi were tight with Nikki, had little use for Clare, and removed themselves from the picture.  Plus, Sharleen very obviously and rationally was not going to miss out on a major concert appearance over a guy that her friend Nikki had "dibs" on.  

I agree. All three have a way about them which shows they value their friendships. While Nikki may not turn out to be the bitch RS says, I haven't warmed up to her as much as I have with Andi and Sharleen. Those two along with Rene and Kelly are the ones I enjoy watching the most. I think Clare is another story.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:42 pm

I have wondered how and why Sharleen ended up as a contestant on the Bachelor, but I suspect that she was there more for the adventure, rather than to find a husband.  I agree that what has kept her there so long is the friendships that she formed with the other women on the show.  And perhaps she never thought that she would begin to really "like" JuanP, and the longer she stayed, the more confused she became.  But, after last night's episode, I think that she really knew what she needed to do, and it makes makes perfect sense why she would eliminate herself next week.  

She even said that she could see how some of the remaining women were a better fit for JuanP than she was.  Also, I think that she eliminated herself before the hometown visits to spare herself and her family the grief of appearing on national television.  Plus Sharleen had a commitment to sing in an upcoming concert.

I also agree that JuanP likes the idea of Sharleen, but like she said, he does not really know her.  But, her leaving next week is going to be difficult for him to handle, since I do feel like she might have made it to his F2 - if were up to him.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Longhornfan wrote:

I have wondered how and why Sharleen ended up as a contestant on the Bachelor, but I suspect that she was there more for the adventure, rather than to find a husband.  I agree that what has kept her there so long is the friendships that she formed with the other women on the show.  And perhaps she never thought that she would begin to really "like" JuanP, and the longer she stayed, the more confused she became.  But, after last night's episode, I think that she really knew what she needed to do, and it makes makes perfect sense why she would eliminate herself next week.  

She even said that she could see how some of the remaining women were a better fit for JuanP than she was.  Also, I think that she eliminated herself before the hometown visits to spare herself and her family the grief of appearing on national television.  Plus Sharleen had a commitment to sing in an upcoming concert.

I also agree that JuanP likes the idea of Sharleen, but like she said, he does not really know her.  But, her leaving next week is going to be difficult for him to handle, since I do feel like she might have made it to his F2 - if were up to him.

I actually wonder if Sharleen wasn't hoping that Drew, Chris or Brooks would be the bachelor instead? I don't think she was very into Juan Pablo at first and then was surprised to find they have a decent physical chemistry.

I think as time went on she grew to see that she wasn't into him enough to even think about taking on a relationship with a child in it, especially since she expressed in her 1:1 that it had been hard for her in the past.

If I was her, I wouldn't have skipped anything for my profession for him either. Plus, I think she had no desire to play up to her family that she was falling in love with this guy and might want to marry him. TPTB seems to require that of all the women on the HTDs.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:40 pm

I agree. I believe Sharleen (and even Andi at that) is refreshing because I have not seen anyone like her (or them) in the history of The Bachelor (Tessa perhaps?). I also believe that what attracts most women to this show is the idea of adventure and maybe finding that connection. I think that if they don't come in with too much expectation, then the chance of falling in love or having that fun adventure while it lasted would be worth the trip and all that kissing.

My 02 cents: Sharleen doesn't see JP as the one who would make her reprioritize her life to fit his or his to fit hers. The insight to eliminate herself early enough makes me like her more and perhaps make me believe that she's in this for the right reasons. I wonder how much of that is induced by TPTB tho, isn't there usually one who leaves early around this time? I digress, I do think that Sharleen has been conflicted, as much as there is that physical attraction, as most already said it will not make for a lasting relationship. I also think that for Sharleen and Andi communication is key, most especially that intellectual connection. I used to think that "he makes me laugh" was a good indication of a good match, but lately, I see more and more couples say, "he/she makes me like myself." I wonder if Sharleen and Andi think this way?

What do you think?

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 am

I seem to have a different impression of Sharleen than most of you. I think she is quite beautiful and certainly seems to have a tender side to her as evidenced by her becoming emotional seeing Juan Pa cry last week and her sadness over Kat leaving. That being said, I think she came on the show with a very clear agenda - to set herself apart from all of the brown bears and show herself as the only panda. Thus, I think many of her interactions with Juan Pa were very calculated toward this end. I don't know what her desired outcome was - perhaps to become the next Bachelorette? I think it was to her surprise that she discovered that there was physical chemistry between her and Juan Pa which is what may have led to her confusion.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 pm

docnash14 wrote:I seem to have a different impression of Sharleen than most of you. I think she is quite beautiful and certainly seems to have a tender side to her as evidenced by her becoming emotional seeing Juan Pa cry last week and her sadness over Kat leaving.  That being said, I think she came on the show with a very clear agenda - to set herself apart from all of the brown bears and show herself as the only panda.  Thus, I think many of her interactions with Juan Pa were very calculated toward this end.  I don't know what her desired outcome was - perhaps to become the next Bachelorette?  I think it was to her surprise that she discovered that there was physical chemistry between her and Juan Pa which is what may have led to her confusion.  

I totally respect your viewpoint, doc. She may also be on the show to promote her career, she's a performer after all. From the very beginning she's made it clear that the connection felt forced, until the kissing started. Can't wait to see the convo when she says goodbye.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm

I just want her to quit saying the word inorganic.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:43 am

jlccaz wrote:I just want her to quit saying the word inorganic.

Word!
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:54 pm

Catdwoman50 wrote:
docnash14 wrote:I seem to have a different impression of Sharleen than most of you. I think she is quite beautiful and certainly seems to have a tender side to her as evidenced by her becoming emotional seeing Juan Pa cry last week and her sadness over Kat leaving.  That being said, I think she came on the show with a very clear agenda - to set herself apart from all of the brown bears and show herself as the only panda.  Thus, I think many of her interactions with Juan Pa were very calculated toward this end.  I don't know what her desired outcome was - perhaps to become the next Bachelorette?  I think it was to her surprise that she discovered that there was physical chemistry between her and Juan Pa which is what may have led to her confusion.  

I totally respect your viewpoint, doc.  She may also be on the show to promote her career, she's a performer after all.  From the very beginning she's made it clear that the connection felt forced, until the kissing started.  Can't wait to see the convo when she says goodbye.

I've always felt that Sharleen was on the show only to promote her career and for a little silly adventure away from her normally structured, highbrow lifestyle.  She certainly isn't the first contestant to do so.  I'm glad TPTB have shown her emotion / kindness so that she doesn't come off as an *ahem* self-promoter. Hugesmile
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:52 pm

FLChica wrote:
Catdwoman50 wrote:

I totally respect your viewpoint, doc.  She may also be on the show to promote her career, she's a performer after all.  From the very beginning she's made it clear that the connection felt forced, until the kissing started.  Can't wait to see the convo when she says goodbye.

I've always felt that Sharleen was on the show only to promote her career and for a little silly adventure away from her normally structured, highbrow lifestyle.  She certainly isn't the first contestant to do so.  I'm glad TPTB have shown her emotion / kindness so that she doesn't come off as an *ahem* self-promoter. Hugesmile

I think that since Sharleen is playing the Metropolitan Opera this spring, she doesn't really need to promote her career --- she is already there. Opera singers dream of playing the Met.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Well she is happy to keep promoting and travelling when she knew from the start she did not want a relationship with JP. She would have refused the final rose if it was offered to her. I am not a fan. All the emotions displayed is typical of girls wanting to be the centre of attention and finding that they arent. Everytime he gave het attention, she was fine and she wanted to leave when he didnt. She has had no genuine interest in him. And i said before, why come on a show to meet a man with a daughter when it is not want you want?

She is an opportunist and i cant wait for her to make do on her word and leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 56 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 31 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

+95
Mommyof2
mysthelma
alwaystulips
SunnyRachel
ddsmom17