SELECT CONTENT

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 9 of 56 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 32 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

adulting - Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I thought Sharleen had the best clothes - very nicely made and tailored dresses that fit her figure to a 't'.  The rest of the girls don't have a style that screams class or unique.  Just normal - like most of us!

Yes!!!!!!! She oozes class and sophistication. My daughter and I just loved her every look.

I have no idea why she opted to go on this show unless her goal was to generate mainstream interest in opera and increase her name/face recognition with U.S. audience. Her agent must has said, "Now before you say no, hear me out on this one." She certainly was not there to find love ... which is just fine by me.

I loved Sharlene's honesty all season. Her priceless look of confusion when she got first rose (like, "ummm, I am just here for the travel and to wear all my great clothes"), her telling him that she was not ready for kids and then wishing out loud that she was a bit dumber to fall for JuanPa.  giggling Great stuff!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

adulting - Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Longhornfan Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 pm

After watching Sharleen on the WTA last night, I have the utmost respect and admiration for how she handled things.  It became more and more apparent to her, as she heard the other women's complaints about JP, that she had had an entirely different experience with him during their time on the show.

I was glad that she spoke up and defended JP last night.  She certainly made it known that he did make it a point to get to know her better, and she in turn got to know him better in the process.  He was most definitely intrigued with Sharleen, and he apparently was able to carry on conversations with her that he did not have with some of the other women.  That is for sure, but his feelings for her went past just her looks.

After watching the WTA, I am even more convinced that Sharleen would have made it to his F2, had she stayed and given JP any indication that she could see a future with him.  I feel like Andi would have been eliminated, perhaps at the F4 RC - IF and ONLY IF JP's orginal F3 were supposed to be Clare, Nikki and Sharleen.  But, we will probably never know that.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Longhornfan wrote:After watching Sharleen on the WTA last night, I have the utmost respect and admiration for how she handled things.  It became more and more apparent to her, as she heard the other women's complaints about JP, that she had had an entirely different experience with him during their time on the show.

I was glad that she spoke up and defended JP last night.  She certainly made it known that he did make it a point to get to know her better, and she in turn got to know him better in the process.  He was most definitely intrigued with Sharleen, and he apparently was able to carry on conversations with her that he did not have with some of the other women.  That is for sure, but his feelings for her went past just her looks.

After watching the WTA, I am even more convinced that Sharleen would have made it to his F2, had she stayed and given JP any indication that she could see a future with him.  I feel like Andi would have been eliminated, perhaps at the F4 RC - IF and ONLY IF JP's orginal F3 were supposed to be Clare, Nikki and Sharleen.  But, we will probably never know that.

I agree ^ She was the voice of reason it seemed.

Last edited by bleuberry on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

adulting - Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 9 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:54 pm

From Juan Pablo's blog:

Of all the women at WTA, Sharleen and Renee are by far the women who got to know me the most, and I spent the most time learning about their lives. Did you get to see that with Sharleen? Clearly you didn't, and that's a shame because she is a spectacular woman. She was not feeling it and was always honest. I wanted to thank her for always being who she is.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20793293,00.html
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Mirzam wrote:From Juan Pablo's blog:

Of all the women at WTA, Sharleen and Renee are by far the women who got to know me the most, and I spent the most time learning about their lives. Did you get to see that with Sharleen? Clearly you didn't, and that's a shame because she is a spectacular woman. She was not feeling it and was always honest. I wanted to thank her for always being who she is.

He has been very effusive in his praise of her several times. It is clear that he holds her in very high regard...not just for her beauty, talent, poise and worldliness, but for her kindness and thoughtfulness. I would have loved to see more than just them making out because from what they both said last night they clearly discussed a lot of things and if we had seen those her feeling about him would have made a lot more sense.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm

I do find it irritating that they edited out most of the conversations he did seem to have.

They really weren't interested in showing a good side of him at all.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:03 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I do find it irritating that they edited out most of the conversations he did seem to have.  

I doubt that's it. They have a story they want to tell and edit the dates to fit that story. Knowing Sharleen left made it easy to mostly show the kissing and her doubts.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:31 am

albean99 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I do find it irritating that they edited out most of the conversations he did seem to have.  

I doubt that's it. They have a story they want to tell and edit the dates to fit that story. Knowing Sharleen left made it easy to mostly show the kissing and her doubts.

Yes they have a story to tell; but if Sharleen and Renee hadn't spoke up everyone would have believed that JP didn't try to get to really KNOW any of the girls. I'm sorry, but TPTB were and still are out to get JP and it irritates me so much!!! I REALLY feel badly for JP and I really don't think I will be watching Andi's season unless TPTB do something to back up JP a little!!!!!!!!
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:49 am

Was Renee good friends with Nikki?
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:03 pm

albean99 wrote:

Then their story is to create a caricature of a Latin Lover that only wants to score with as many women as possible. Juan Pablo kissed less contestants than our most recent Bachelors and even our Bachelorettes! But we wouldn't want to confuse the facts with the myths their rabid fans want to perpetuate.  giggling 

I'm glad that Sharleen remained true to herself during this process and didn't succumb to pressure from TPTB to roast Juan Pablo. Stay away from this franchise Sharleen! They make even strong, smart & successful women like Ashley look crazed over the "Bentleys" of the world.

FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Sharleen was classy but then she obviously had a different experience with JP so didn't have a beef with him.

I really don't see that JP was treated differently from a lot of leads. They really don't care about their reputations or that of anyone else on the show. It's all about drama and what sells. I thought Ben was treated worse.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm

2observe wrote:

Was Renee good friends with Nikki?

Don't recall any scenes of just Renee & Nikki.
Just Renee & Clare:
Early episode when Clare went into the bathroom and Renee followed to console her
At the rose ceremony after the bedroom tiff scene - Clare's "wool over his eyes" seems to be said to Renee
Can't tell if they are friends because Clare seems to always be the one talking.

When Renee is with both Nikki & Clare and others, again she doesn't seem to be the one talking. In fact, Renee seemed to talk more to JP then anyone else except if she was responding to one of the girls who was discussing a problem: Clare, Victoria, Cassandra, Sharleen. The exception was Chelsey.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 56 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 32 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

+95
Mommyof2
mysthelma
alwaystulips
SunnyRachel
ddsmom17