SELECT CONTENT

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Page 75 of 75 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 73, 74, 75

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 75 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by Karen5354 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:13 am

chloep wrote:How to even approach this subject?.....  Rolling Eyes  no idea 

Frankly, I think I am simply not going to approach it at all. Heck, I've posted so many of my $0.02-thoughts that I've run out of money...  hmmm 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I only wish for one single thing. Please, let's not generalize. We are an incredibly diverse group of people, being put in a box may be perhaps easier when it comes to judging us, but it is still far from the truth. By labeling people and putting them in a box, one is only going to generate conflict.(see: before) 'COUSE heck, how the freak am I supposed to know which box, YOU put me in.  scratch  :study: 

Just because something is posted in the "fan" section, it doesn't mean that it is universally supported by every other fan here. We all have our own takes on things. I personally am somebody whose opinion quite often differs from that of the others here, yet I don't have a problem bringing it up. I don't feel that my opinion is less important or less validated when it isn't necessary shared by a bunch of other people. However, I am also aware of the fact that some people may have a difficult time when it comes to handling "conflicts". We are a BIG bunch of commentators and even bigger bunch of READERS. Let's keep that in mind.

As for "lurkers".... We have OVER 11 THOUSAND members on this forum, and only about 150 regular posters, that sums it up I think. Smiley

So, you follow this section of the forum because you are a GENUINE fan and supporter of the couple that is brought to us by the union of Mr. and Mrs. Lowe, that's given, I mean why would you waste your precious time on a couple that you don't even like?  Suspect  :whistle:
(sure I am basing this on the assumption that you are not of those sad, sad people who rather "hate" on those they dislike instead of supporting those who they actually like)(Or one of those REALLY, REALLY sad people who only get off on "hating" and aren't generally a fan of anything.) console  :whistle: 

So, somebody makes a comment that does not sit well with you.
Then come here, addresses THAT person and make your displeasure known about THAT comment! Simply is that. Be respectful and I can ASSURE you that your won't have a problem.

Same goes if there is something that Sean and/or Catherine say/do that you don't agree with.
Be respectful, be on point and bring up your concern!

Simply as that.

It happens.
Neither of us is perfect.
"Us" includes Sean and Catherine.

Again, chances are that not everybody is going to agree with your take on certain things, but If your concern/opinion stems from an honest place, you'll be heard, your opinion accepted and heck chances are that somebody is going to agree with you. (example: see Carey at the wedding, my take was drastically different than that of the others here. So what? I still didn't shy away from bringing it up and to this day I am still of the opinion that I've been back then)

As for FAN VS NON-FAN threads....

WHY should I fault somebody for being more comfortable in an environment where things are MOSTLY seen from a positive perspective;
in an environment where they don't feel like they have to defend EVERY SINGLE of their opinions;
an environment that is shared by likely minded people?

Interestingly enough, the people who oppose the fan sections are mostly those who don't really care for any of these couples.
So it makes me wonder.... Why does it even matter to you what and where people say about that couple/person? Is it the lack of "arguments" that you can engage in?  no idea 

ALSO:

It came up somewhere that NON-Fans are "entitled" to come here and express their negative opinion of SC.....
Yes this is a "general" thread, but it is still part if the "Sean & Catherine Lowe - Fan Forum - Discussion" section, it was created for fans and supporters to chat about general topics/things. So yeah, constructive/negative comments of actual FANS and SUPPORTERS are VERY welcomed here, but those who passionately DISLIKE this couple and THUS interpret everything they do and say so that it fits THEIR ALREADY ESTABLISHED (negative) opinion of them, are kinda out of place here.....
Nobody here is allowed to tell another member to "go post somewhere else, so I won't do that. All I am saying is that the GENERAL NON_FAN DISCUSSION thread for SEASON 17(Sean's season) is further below. There IS such a general discussion thread. The thread THIS whole fan section actually comes from.

again, NO, I am not saying that you are not allowed to have a negative opinion in the "fan" section.(see above)

My LAST input, if you are a regular Internet user it pays off to have a thick skin..  :Smiley: 

bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud! 

Soooooooo.....

Since I already mentioned at the beginning of my comment (you know when I said that I won't comment..  :shy:  cheeky ) that I've run out of $0.02s, so this is my $0.01.
Take it for what its worth.

bestbud! bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!

---->>back to making contestant threads:)

You all are a little stingy, Chloep's post worthy a pound of gold IMO.  :yes: 

Karen5354

Female Posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion - Page 75 Empty Re: Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

Post by Karen5354 Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:05 am

zackzugen wrote:i think what catherine meant was..it is okay not to find love but why should the lead create tension or kind of being mad at the production.  juan pablo can still stick with his decision and at the same time maintains friendly/family/business relationship with the production..why acted like that...so defensive, a bit angry some time..look at brad womack's season 1 - he did not choose anyone but his relationship with the production was fine and was even asked for the second chance...

^ This and also, people seem to forget, the lead is paid $$$ to do a job.  When he signed on the dotted line, he *should* know what he's getting into thus he is obligated to fulfill the requirements in good faith - just like any other business transactions in the real world.  That's why SeanCat said that "it's a job", "don't slap the hand that feeds you".  They never meant he had to propose or say ILY, but he owed it to the show and viewers to be open to the process and express his feelings.  Just imagine, if you hired a contractor to remodel your home, and for some reason, he decided he didn't like the job anymore and started to be rude and hostile to everyone in your family, would not update you with the progress, and in the end he just left with a "I'm so done, I'm not cleaning up" and walked out.  Would this be right?  One thing about SeanCat is that they understood the show, was mature and responsible about their choices, that's why it was a success to them.  JPG, on the other hand, showed immaturity.  His decision to go to the ocean with Clare without careful consideration, then later blame it on her says it all - it's the same way he did the show.

Last edited by Karen5354 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Karen5354

Female Posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 am

chloep wrote:
That's all what we can hope for, that we see beyond our own thoughts/impressions and understand what is behind differing opinions and at the end of the day ACCEPT EACH and every one of them. We don't have to be all of the same opinion, it's perfectly okay and understandable if we disagree on certain(most:) topics and as frustrating it is to "agree to disagree", sometimes(or actually most of the time) that's all there is left.

I agree Very well said!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaspats Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:09 am

^^^ I agree 
jaspats
jaspats

Back to top Go down

Post by jaspats Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 am

This and also, people seem to forget, the lead is paid $$$ to do a job No negative connotation here but since I'm not familiar with TB and just for my curiosity, do the lead gets paid 100% after filming or they wait until the ATFR to get paid in full? TIA.
jaspats
jaspats

Back to top Go down

Post by thankful7 Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 am

chloep wrote:How to even approach this subject?.....  Rolling Eyes  no idea 

Frankly, I think I am simply not going to approach it at all. Heck, I've posted so many of my $0.02-thoughts that I've run out of money...  hmmm 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I only wish for one single thing. Please, let's not generalize. We are an incredibly diverse group of people, being put in a box may be perhaps easier when it comes to judging us, but it is still far from the truth. By labeling people and putting them in a box, one is only going to generate conflict.(see: before) 'COUSE heck, how the freak am I supposed to know which box, YOU put me in.  scratch  :study: 

Just because something is posted in the "fan" section, it doesn't mean that it is universally supported by every other fan here. We all have our own takes on things. I personally am somebody whose opinion quite often differs from that of the others here, yet I don't have a problem bringing it up. I don't feel that my opinion is less important or less validated when it isn't necessary shared by a bunch of other people. However, I am also aware of the fact that some people may have a difficult time when it comes to handling "conflicts". We are a BIG bunch of commentators and even bigger bunch of READERS. Let's keep that in mind.

As for "lurkers".... We have OVER 11 THOUSAND members on this forum, and only about 150 regular posters, that sums it up I think. Smiley

So, you follow this section of the forum because you are a GENUINE fan and supporter of the couple that is brought to us by the union of Mr. and Mrs. Lowe, that's given, I mean why would you waste your precious time on a couple that you don't even like?  Suspect  :whistle:
(sure I am basing this on the assumption that you are not of those sad, sad people who rather "hate" on those they dislike instead of supporting those who they actually like)(Or one of those REALLY, REALLY sad people who only get off on "hating" and aren't generally a fan of anything.) console  :whistle: 

So, somebody makes a comment that does not sit well with you.
Then come here, addresses THAT person and make your displeasure known about THAT comment! Simply is that. Be respectful and I can ASSURE you that your won't have a problem.

Same goes if there is something that Sean and/or Catherine say/do that you don't agree with.
Be respectful, be on point and bring up your concern!

Simply as that.

It happens.
Neither of us is perfect.
"Us" includes Sean and Catherine.

Again, chances are that not everybody is going to agree with your take on certain things, but If your concern/opinion stems from an honest place, you'll be heard, your opinion accepted and heck chances are that somebody is going to agree with you. (example: see Carey at the wedding, my take was drastically different than that of the others here. So what? I still didn't shy away from bringing it up and to this day I am still of the opinion that I've been back then)

As for FAN VS NON-FAN threads....

WHY should I fault somebody for being more comfortable in an environment where things are MOSTLY seen from a positive perspective;
in an environment where they don't feel like they have to defend EVERY SINGLE of their opinions;
an environment that is shared by likely minded people?

Interestingly enough, the people who oppose the fan sections are mostly those who don't really care for any of these couples.
So it makes me wonder.... Why does it even matter to you what and where people say about that couple/person? Is it the lack of "arguments" that you can engage in?  no idea 

ALSO:

It came up somewhere that NON-Fans are "entitled" to come here and express their negative opinion of SC.....
Yes this is a "general" thread, but it is still part if the "Sean & Catherine Lowe - Fan Forum - Discussion" section, it was created for fans and supporters to chat about general topics/things. So yeah, constructive/negative comments of actual FANS and SUPPORTERS are VERY welcomed here, but those who passionately DISLIKE this couple and THUS interpret everything they do and say so that it fits THEIR ALREADY ESTABLISHED (negative) opinion of them, are kinda out of place here.....
Nobody here is allowed to tell another member to "go post somewhere else, so I won't do that. All I am saying is that the GENERAL NON_FAN DISCUSSION thread for SEASON 17(Sean's season) is further below. There IS such a general discussion thread. The thread THIS whole fan section actually comes from.

again, NO, I am not saying that you are not allowed to have a negative opinion in the "fan" section.(see above)

My LAST input, if you are a regular Internet user it pays off to have a thick skin..  :Smiley: 

bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud! 

Soooooooo.....

Since I already mentioned at the beginning of my comment (you know when I said that I won't comment..  :shy:  cheeky ) that I've run out of $0.02s, so this is my $0.01.
Take it for what its worth.

bestbud! bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!  bestbud!

---->>back to making contestant threads:)
Good Morning To All!
And to Chloep..Very.Well.Said!
thankful7
thankful7

Back to top Go down

Post by ImLipsisIncognito Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

Good morning friends!

New Day! New Beginning! New thread here!!!...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"I can't wait to shine together and make everyone completely blind" ~ Mrs. Sean Thomas Lowe
ImLipsisIncognito
ImLipsisIncognito

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Karen5354 wrote:
zackzugen wrote:i think what catherine meant was..it is okay not to find love but why should the lead create tension or kind of being mad at the production.  juan pablo can still stick with his decision and at the same time maintains friendly/family/business relationship with the production..why acted like that...so defensive, a bit angry some time..look at brad womack's season 1 - he did not choose anyone but his relationship with the production was fine and was even asked for the second chance...

^ This and also, people seem to forget, the lead is paid $$$ to do a job.  When he signed on the dotted line, he *should* know what he's getting into thus he is obligated to fulfill the requirements in good faith - just like any other business transactions in the real world.  That's why SeanCat said that "it's a job", "don't slap the hand that feeds you".  They never meant he had to propose or say ILY, but he owed it to the show and viewers to be open to the process and express his feelings.  Just imagine, if you hired a contractor to remodel your home, and for some reason, he decided he didn't like the job anymore and started to be rude and hostile to everyone in your family, would not update you with the progress, and in the end he just left with a "I'm so done, I'm not cleaning up" and walked out.  Would this be right?  One thing about SeanCat is that they understood the show, was mature and responsible about their choices, that's why it was a success to them.  JPG, on the other hand, showed immaturity.  His decision to go to the ocean with Clare without careful consideration, then later blame it on her says it all - it's the same way he did the show.

Very good points you both made!

Back to top Go down

Post by ImLipsisIncognito Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:49 pm

This thread is closed. Please post here..

New Day! New Beginning! New thread here!!!...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"I can't wait to shine together and make everyone completely blind" ~ Mrs. Sean Thomas Lowe
ImLipsisIncognito
ImLipsisIncognito

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 75 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 73, 74, 75

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean and Catherine Lowe - General Discussion

+61
lipsis
jaromarie
Cari
Rolly
yrkiemommy