SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 17 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 17 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by dw_a_mom Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:15 am

stuckinsc wrote:Funny, Erin asks Peta about James, but ignores the obvious sizzling chemistry between Maks and Meryl.  Wonder if she is still a little mad that she and Maks never had an official thing?

No one would know better than Erin the difference between showmance for the cameras, and what it takes to have a real relationship. I would think that if there is any chance for a real romance, it would be better left unsaid, without all the showmance teasing that can go on. Somehow I can't see Meryl handling a showmance storyline with all the related teasing very well; I think that whole concept isn't very "her." I'd like to think that maybe everyone is just being respectful of that? Plus, Meryl is such a professional, I don't think she would allow herself to lose focus until after the show is over. Then ... well, we'll have to see. I would love to see Max melt for someone sweet, but strong enough to bring out his better self.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 17 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:38 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Funny, Erin asks Peta about James, but ignores the obvious sizzling chemistry between Maks and Meryl.  Wonder if she is still a little mad that she and Maks never had an official thing?

No one would know better than Erin the difference between showmance for the cameras, and what it takes to have a real relationship.  I would think that if there is any chance for a real romance, it would be better left unsaid, without all the showmance teasing that can go on.  Somehow I can't see Meryl handling a showmance storyline with all the related teasing very well; I think that whole concept isn't very "her."  I'd like to think that maybe everyone is just being respectful of that?  Plus, Meryl is such a professional, I don't think she would allow herself to lose focus until after the show is over.  Then ... well, we'll have to see.  I would love to see Max melt for someone sweet, but strong enough to bring out his better self.

Good Post  I agree  I think Maks has a ton of respect for Meryl and is impressed with her work ethic.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:14 am

Donny Osmond ‏@donnyosmond Apr 10
I'm looking forward to being the guest judge on Dancing With The Stars this coming Monday.
Spread the word.
@DancingABC
#DWTS
#GuestJudge

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:06 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Donny Osmond ‏@donnyosmond  Apr 10
I'm looking forward to being the guest judge on Dancing With The Stars this coming Monday.
Spread the word.
@DancingABC
#DWTS
#GuestJudge

Ugh. Not a fan. Will be using the mute button. #sorrynotsorry.  no 

Disney night tonight! So excited! Loving the song choices! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:52 pm

I was so annoyed last night! They fog the floor so you can't see Amy's footwork, then allow lifts for her and her alone! I call cheating.

Also, how on earth do you give Meryl, Candace and NeNe the same score? Ugh,

A bright note, loved Danica and Val and their really cute quick step. Go Danica!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 am

stuckinsc wrote:I was so annoyed last night!  They fog the floor so you can't see Amy's footwork, then allow lifts for her and her alone!  I call cheating.

Also, how on earth do you give Meryl, Candace and NeNe the same score?  Ugh,

A bright note, loved Danica and Val and their really cute quick step.  Go Danica!

I agree  Good Post  I thought NeNe even got one point higher than Meryl and there is no way she was anywhere as good as Meryl let alone better! no no

Oops I was wrong Meryl and NeNe got the same score of 36 and Candace got one point lower at 35.

Last edited by SLA44 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:33 am

stuckinsc wrote:I was so annoyed last night!  They fog the floor so you can't see Amy's footwork, then allow lifts for her and her alone!  I call cheating.

A bright note, loved Danica and Val and their really cute quick step.  Go Danica!

I agree with everything that you wrote!!!  Look, I have great admiration for Amy Purdy and what she has both overcome in her life and what she has accomplished despite her missing legs and feet.  But, the judges told her at the beginning that they were going to judge her just like all of the other "stars", in that they had to be fair.  That fog did make it impossible to see her footwork, thus an advantage over the others, whose mistakes were definitely called out by the judges.

After watching that rehearsal footage of NeNe and Tony, I wanted her to go home last night.  But, I assume that her crying last night was because she was feeling some regret for saying all those things about Tony?  What a diva she was. I was never a fan of hers to begin with, and that surely did not help any.  I still hope she goes home next week, because I actually like all of the rest of the cast.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:18 am

Longhornfan wrote:

I agree with everything that you wrote!!!  Look, I have great admiration for Amy Purdy and what she has both overcome in her life and what she has accomplished despite her missing legs and feet.  But, the judges told her at the beginning that they were going to judge her just like all of the other "stars", in that they had to be fair.  That fog did make it impossible to see her footwork, thus an advantage over the others, whose mistakes were definitely called out by the judges.

After watching that rehearsal footage of NeNe and Tony, I wanted her to go home last night.  But, I assume that her crying last night was because she was feeling some regret for saying all those things about Tony?  What a diva she was.  I was never a fan of hers to begin with, and that surely did not help any.  I still hope she goes home next week, because I actually like all of the rest of the cast.

word The scoring was all over the place. Any other week (no themes) they would have docked off points. Like Charlie dropping his cane, Drew & Cheryl breaking hold, yet they let it go. (pun intended LOL) Speaking of, loved James' dance but not sure if it deserved a perfect score. Meh whatever. Thought for sure it was going to be Candace who was leaving so happy it wasn't! Nene next please.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:29 am

Linds911 wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:

After watching that rehearsal footage of NeNe and Tony, I wanted her to go home last night.  But, I assume that her crying last night was because she was feeling some regret for saying all those things about Tony?  What a diva she was.  I was never a fan of hers to begin with, and that surely did not help any.  I still hope she goes home next week, because I actually like all of the rest of the cast.

word The scoring was all over the place. Any other week (no themes) they would have docked off points. Like Charlie dropping his cane, Drew & Cheryl breaking hold, yet they let it go. (pun intended LOL) Speaking of, loved James' dance but not sure if it deserved a perfect score. Meh whatever. Thought for sure it was going to be Candace who was leaving so happy it wasn't! Nene next please.

I agree: not only is she one of the less qualified "dancers" she was downright mean to Tony. It's rude to come back and tell Tony how wonderful Derek is. She has a pretty big ego and you would think she might realize she was stomping all over Tony's ego.
Her dance was pretty good, but did not merit the scores, particularly in view of the other dances of the night.
Tony almost has the look that he carried during his season with Kate Goslin: he looks miserable.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 am

Not one mention of her co hosting DWTS. I wonder how they feel about that. I'm not a fan of Erin. I don't think DWTS is a good fit for her.   

Erin Andrews - Face of Florida

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Not one mention of her co hosting DWTS. I wonder how they feel about that. I'm not a fan of Erin. I don't think DWTS is a good fit for her.   

Erin Andrews - Face of Florida

I like her more than Brooke, but I actually liked Samantha the best of the three. It seems like a useless position really. I might like it more if they had a professional who maybe wasn't on the cast anymore, but with someone who really doesn't know dance, it just becomes stupid inane questions. We usually fast forward through the Erin stuff and get the scores.

My husband continues to ask, how does this qualify her to be a sports reporter. But I guess she was never a reporter, really just a pretty face on the sideline asking questions someone else tells her too.

Honestly, I was kind of surprised her contract with FoxSports didn't keep her from being on a rival network show. I can't imagine Fox wants to help ABCs ratings.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:41 pm

I just saw something earlier on Samantha, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. :(She was my favourite too. 

IDK how Samantha got this job. It makes no sense to me either considering her background on another network.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 35 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+39
Muslady
Bhaka
Shadow
moonpie
lipsis