Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by carolinezep on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:33 am

I thought it just made JJ look really bad .  Why would you even repeat something offensive like that on TV... especially since he wasn't sure what the word was, it's like he made up the word. Whatever... he's gone next week laugh out loud. I really don't like this season... I find Andi and the guys irritating.

carolinezep

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Sprite on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Steel2009 wrote:
@chloep wrote:Just throwing it out there.... JJ actually capped it when Andrew (supposedly) said that "of course, the two blackies get a rose"

JJ O'Brien @mrjjobrien  ·  20h
in case you don't have ep 1 saved on your DVR - here is a screenshot of the moment...and I wasn't that drunk


WOW!  

Just because there is a screen cap moment caught that corresponds does not mean that is what was said. We all know how producers like to manipulate things...and awkward, outcast JJ is ripe for their manipulative pickings. JJ did say that he had been drinking and wasn't sure what exactly was said....one statement very inflammatory and the other not so much. Anyone familiar with errors in witness reporting can understand how this whole thing probably came about. As much as I don't care for Andrew, the term that he was accused of speaking reeks of the 50's/60's, not a professional modern guy...no matter how much of a duche.
avatar
Sprite

Posts : 8667
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : London ON

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by umngirl on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:44 pm

@Sprite wrote:
Steel2009 wrote:
@chloep wrote:Just throwing it out there.... JJ actually capped it when Andrew (supposedly) said that "of course, the two blackies get a rose"

JJ O'Brien @mrjjobrien  ·  20h
in case you don't have ep 1 saved on your DVR - here is a screenshot of the moment...and I wasn't that drunk


WOW!  

Just because there is a screen cap moment caught that corresponds does not mean that is what was said. We all know how producers like to manipulate things...and awkward, outcast JJ is ripe for their manipulative pickings. JJ did say that he had been drinking and wasn't sure what exactly was said....one statement very inflammatory and the other not so much. Anyone familiar with errors in witness reporting can understand how this whole thing probably came about. As much as I don't care for Andrew, the term that he was accused of speaking reeks of the 50's/60's, not a professional modern guy...no matter how much of a duche.

I actually have no problem believing Andrew would say that because Cathy Kelly (of Afterbuzztv) told a story this week of a friend who met Andrew and he called Andi the c word during that convo.

Even if Andrew simply said "black guys" it still it's a nice sentiment.
avatar
umngirl

Female Posts : 19471
Join date : 2011-05-24
Age : 27
Location : On a Volleyball Court

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by ThankMeLater on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:15 pm

@umngirl wrote:
@Sprite wrote:
Steel2009 wrote:
@chloep wrote:Just throwing it out there.... JJ actually capped it when Andrew (supposedly) said that "of course, the two blackies get a rose"

JJ O'Brien @mrjjobrien  ·  20h
in case you don't have ep 1 saved on your DVR - here is a screenshot of the moment...and I wasn't that drunk


WOW!  

Just because there is a screen cap moment caught that corresponds does not mean that is what was said. We all know how producers like to manipulate things...and awkward, outcast JJ is ripe for their manipulative pickings. JJ did say that he had been drinking and wasn't sure what exactly was said....one statement very inflammatory and the other not so much. Anyone familiar with errors in witness reporting can understand how this whole thing probably came about. As much as I don't care for Andrew, the term that he was accused of speaking reeks of the 50's/60's, not a professional modern guy...no matter how much of a duche.

I actually have no problem believing Andrew would say that because Cathy Kelly (of Afterbuzztv) told a story this week of a friend who met Andrew and he called Andi the c word during that convo.

Even if Andrew simply said "black guys" it still it's a nice sentiment.
WOW. I figured he would be a dbag.

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3375
Join date : 2012-05-19
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:40 pm

@MVMom39forever wrote:^^ I have to agree. JJ is a pot stirrer. I am pretty sure that Andrew is educated, has good job at Facebook and lives in metropolitan area in CA so I am giving him the benefit of doubt that he's not a racist and just doesn't talk that way. I am NO Andrew fan whatsoever but I just can't imagine any guy in this day and age using that kind of offensive language ... especially when he just met JJ that night and was being filmed.  

If someone says that TPTB captured the discussion on tape, so be it ... but almost makes me think that they did not if they had JJ give that ITM saying he wasn't "sure" but willing to go on live TV to make claim!

... Wow, no wonder the guy had friend issues in school ...

Very bad all around and can't believe that TPTB used that to stir up drama when it really could be damaging to Andrew's career/personal life outside of filming as opposed to the drama stirred up about Nick whose "fault" was he didn't want to mime.

Written before I saw the follow up remarks:

Andrew may not be racist, but he does come across like a complete jerk, and that would not be unusual at all for a guy in his position.  Too much money and too much success at a very young age surrounded by people with weak social skills is not a good combination.  Most of those guys don't really grow up or become decent people until well into their thirties.

Yes, JJ is a pot stirrer, I think like Andi he enjoys mind games, but he is also too smart (look up this guy's history) to use something for which there is zero basis.

I also think the new tweet makes it clear JJ was NOT just following producer prodding with this one.  

Added:  Totally possible, like Chloep suggested, that a producer conversation got him thinking harder about telling Marquel, but he is now far out of the bubble and he is still clearly serious about calling the guy out for whatever reason.
avatar
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3356
Join date : 2011-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Bachelorette Preview: JJ Shows His True Colors -- a Shade of Sour Grapes!

http://tvline.com/2014/06/19/the-bachelorette-video-preview-jj-chris-argue-over-andi/


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by quietpal on Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Oh sourpuss, pot-stirring J.J. You never had a chance anyway.no no  On the flip side, wtg Chris!clapping!

quietpal

Posts : 1179
Join date : 2013-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Sprite on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:02 am

@dw_a_mom wrote:
@MVMom39forever wrote:^^ I have to agree. JJ is a pot stirrer. I am pretty sure that Andrew is educated, has good job at Facebook and lives in metropolitan area in CA so I am giving him the benefit of doubt that he's not a racist and just doesn't talk that way. I am NO Andrew fan whatsoever but I just can't imagine any guy in this day and age using that kind of offensive language ... especially when he just met JJ that night and was being filmed.  

If someone says that TPTB captured the discussion on tape, so be it ... but almost makes me think that they did not if they had JJ give that ITM saying he wasn't "sure" but willing to go on live TV to make claim!

... Wow, no wonder the guy had friend issues in school ...

Very bad all around and can't believe that TPTB used that to stir up drama when it really could be damaging to Andrew's career/personal life outside of filming as opposed to the drama stirred up about Nick whose "fault" was he didn't want to mime.

Written before I saw the follow up remarks:

Andrew may not be racist, but he does come across like a complete jerk, and that would not be unusual at all for a guy in his position.  Too much money and too much success at a very young age surrounded by people with weak social skills is not a good combination.  Most of those guys don't really grow up or become decent people until well into their thirties.

Yes, JJ is a pot stirrer, I think like Andi he enjoys mind games, but he is also too smart (look up this guy's history) to use something for which there is zero basis.

I also think the new tweet makes it clear JJ was NOT just following producer prodding with this one.  

Added:  Totally possible, like Chloep suggested, that a producer conversation got him thinking harder about telling Marquel, but he is now far out of the bubble and he is still clearly serious about calling the guy out for whatever reason.

Once done, it is hard to undo. He called someone out on national TV for a very ugly incident...how would it look if he now says it was a mistake/he misheard/producers put him up to it? He has to stick with his story or it will make him look like an even bigger a** than he already does. Even if he was originally unsure, by now he believes whatever he talked himself into saying.
avatar
Sprite

Posts : 8667
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : London ON

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Sprite on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:10 am

@ThankMeLater wrote:
@umngirl wrote:
@Sprite wrote:
Steel2009 wrote:
@chloep wrote:Just throwing it out there.... JJ actually capped it when Andrew (supposedly) said that "of course, the two blackies get a rose"

JJ O'Brien @mrjjobrien  ·  20h
in case you don't have ep 1 saved on your DVR - here is a screenshot of the moment...and I wasn't that drunk


WOW!  

Just because there is a screen cap moment caught that corresponds does not mean that is what was said. We all know how producers like to manipulate things...and awkward, outcast JJ is ripe for their manipulative pickings. JJ did say that he had been drinking and wasn't sure what exactly was said....one statement very inflammatory and the other not so much. Anyone familiar with errors in witness reporting can understand how this whole thing probably came about. As much as I don't care for Andrew, the term that he was accused of speaking reeks of the 50's/60's, not a professional modern guy...no matter how much of a duche.

I actually have no problem believing Andrew would say that because Cathy Kelly (of Afterbuzztv) told a story this week of a friend who met Andrew and he called Andi the c word during that convo.

Even if Andrew simply said "black guys" it still it's a nice sentiment.
WOW. I figured he would be a dbag.

I wasn't saying that Andrew may not have said "black guys", which in itself is racist, or something else along those lines, just not that particular word which is very, very, very old school and not something, IMO, someone his age would say. I have no problem believing that he would use the c word....that is exactly along the lines of what someone his age would say. Either way, he is still a douche.
avatar
Sprite

Posts : 8667
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : London ON

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by carolinezep on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:41 pm

@Sprite wrote:
I wasn't saying that Andrew may not have said "black guys", which in itself is racist, or something else along those lines, just not that particular word which is very, very, very old school and not something, IMO, someone his age would say. I have no problem believing that he would use the c word....that is exactly along the lines of what someone his age would say. Either way, he is still a douche.

Totally agree with this.  C*** isn't a nice word but people use it all the time.  I've never even heard the term "blackie" before...bizarre sounding.  And just because JJ may have been a decent student at one time doesn't excuse him from anything (honestly, from someone who went to one, there are a lot of idiots at top MBA programs... they are probably the graduate programs that care the least about academic performance and more about things like outgoing personality, weird pantsapreneur ambitions, etc.


Last edited by carolinezep on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

carolinezep

Posts : 6
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Catdwoman50 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:18 pm

ITA Sprite. JJ providing a picture of the situation is not proof of what was said, it is still hearsay, no one else can attest to what Andrew said to JJ at that time. Adrew being a d- with a propensity to say "sh**ty" words like that is still speculation. I think Marquel handled the situation well. He had no proof so he didn't attack Andrew, he asked him, albeit probably not satisfied with Andrew's response, realized it's a he-said, he-said situation so Marquel moved on. Great example of conflict resolution.
avatar
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:56 pm

He posted this on twitter I suppose in response to the preview for next week

I guess some people think #TheBachelorette vintage 1983 has gone bad. I think it's still just maturing... http://tvline.com/2014/06/19/the-bachelorette-video-preview-jj-chris-argue-over-andi/

His twitter page is rather disgusting..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

JJ O'Brien - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum