SELECT CONTENT

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 6 of 57 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 31 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Amberish Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:20 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Re Sean's sex life. The constant reference to that  IMO was pathetic, as was the camera picture in picture on their wedding day of the "room". That is a very private matter, and for them to continually bring that up, is an example of what happens when you are tied to TPTB. Their wedding day, for me was almost ruined. I didn't want to hear about all that or visualize what was going to happen in that room.

IA stuckinsc, that this franchise should be focusing on the positive, rather than the negative. It's old news. Your post pretty much sums up my thoughts! For me the fact that JPG stood up to them, and wasn't their puppet is what I like the most. Also, seeing them having a great time, some 7 months or so since they started filming his season, is a pretty good track record considering the length of time some of the others were together.

I'm indifferent to all the couples. I have no preference to any couple, or contestant, and post my opinions the way I see things.

Excellent dialogue going on in here! yes

I have applauded Juan Pablo for standing up to TPTB, too, but it still bothers me that he was a jerk to women who, IMO, didn't deserve it. It doesn't balance out well for me, as I much prefer men who act as if knights in shining armor. Instead, Juan Pablo has had the women around him do the emotional heavy lifting.

Must admit, I beginning to think I've made a mistake by assuming Juan Pablo did something special by taking a stand with TPTB and, instead, the real story might be as simple as he's just not that bright or somehow emotionally and/or intellectually handicapped, preventing him from understanding (1) what being the Bachelor was all about, (2) having answered the gay bachelor question so wrong and (3) assuming he warranted a spot on DWTS which was impossible if only for screwing up the answer to gay bachelor question as badly as he did.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by notarose Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Amberish, I know my fav seasons are those where I like the lead (I don't always). Season 19 of the Bachelor will be here soon enough.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Amberish wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Re Sean's sex life. The constant reference to that  IMO was pathetic, as was the camera picture in picture on their wedding day of the "room". That is a very private matter, and for them to continually bring that up, is an example of what happens when you are tied to TPTB. Their wedding day, for me was almost ruined. I didn't want to hear about all that or visualize what was going to happen in that room.

IA stuckinsc, that this franchise should be focusing on the positive, rather than the negative. It's old news. Your post pretty much sums up my thoughts! For me the fact that JPG stood up to them, and wasn't their puppet is what I like the most. Also, seeing them having a great time, some 7 months or so since they started filming his season, is a pretty good track record considering the length of time some of the others were together.

I'm indifferent to all the couples. I have no preference to any couple, or contestant, and post my opinions the way I see things.

I have applauded Juan Pablo for standing up to TPTB, too, but it still bothers me that he was a jerk to women who, IMO, didn't deserve it. It doesn't balance out well for me, as I much prefer men who act as if knights in shining armor. Instead, Juan Pablo has had the women around him do the emotional heavy lifting.  

Must admit, I beginning to think I've made a mistake by assuming Juan Pablo did something special by taking a stand with TPTB and, instead, the real story might be as simple as he's just not that bright or somehow emotionally and/or intellectually handicapped, preventing him from understanding (1) what being the Bachelor was all about, (2) having answered the gay bachelor question so wrong and (3) assuming he warranted a spot on DWTS which was impossible if only for screwing up the answer to gay bachelor question as badly as he did.

This is how I feel exactly. At first I thought "good for him" not being a puppet. But with enough incidents and examples of him being unthoughtful and downright offensive (I believe Clare on that) to many of the women plus showing a complete disrespect for Nikki on ATFR (IMO) that kind of did it for me and I started to think just as your second paragraph states.

I was still entertained more this season of the Bachelor than in many seasons, so thanks to JP for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't wish to continue this discussion because we can all agree to disagree. Our personal opinions will always color our vision of any situation.

I did want to address the Jilly and Ed thing. I do believe that when interviewed about it while still with Ed, Jillian truly believed she would not have picked Reid it wasn't a possibility. But on the bridge she looked confused and talking to CH she sounded confused. Maybe she is a great actress, or maybe if asked now that might change. When you love someone and are trying to make it work with them you don't usually say that someone else was a real contender.

My point of reference for this belief is actually Ali. When she was with Roberto, she said it was always going to be Roberto. It didn't matter that Frank left. Since the break-up she has acknowledge that it wasn't so surely Roberto and in fact she really liked Frank.

I think everyone in a relationship will truly believe that they would have chosen the one they were with over someone else. Afterwards without those strong feelings affecting us, we can see that maybe we weren't as sure as we thought we were.

Either way, I don't like CH. I have no problem with those who do, again to each their own.

I am enjoying Nikki and JPG and I am a huge Nikki fan. I really admire her brains, her beauty and her desire to help children. If JPG is lucky enough to have her and make her happy, then hey, I really like him too.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:31 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I don't wish to continue this discussion because we can all agree to disagree.  Our personal opinions will always color our vision of any situation.

I did want to address the Jilly and Ed thing.  I do believe that when interviewed about it while still with Ed, Jillian truly believed she would not have picked Reid it wasn't a possibility.  But on the bridge she looked confused and talking to CH she sounded confused.  Maybe she is a great actress, or maybe if asked now that might change.  When you love someone and are trying to make it work with them you don't usually say that someone else was a real contender.

My point of reference for this belief is actually Ali. When she was with Roberto, she said it was always going to be Roberto.  It didn't matter that Frank left.  Since the break-up she has acknowledge that it wasn't so surely Roberto and in fact she really liked Frank.  

I think everyone in a relationship will truly believe that they would have chosen the one they were with over someone else.  Afterwards without those strong feelings affecting us, we can see that maybe we weren't as sure as we thought we were.  

Either way, I don't like CH.  I have no problem with those who do, again to each their own.

I am enjoying Nikki and JPG and I am a huge Nikki fan.  I really admire her brains, her beauty and her desire to help children.  If JPG is lucky enough to have her and make her happy, then hey, I really like him too.

ITA with the bolded -- thanks for putting my thoughts in word!
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:58 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I don't wish to continue this discussion because we can all agree to disagree.  Our personal opinions will always color our vision of any situation.

I did want to address the Jilly and Ed thing.  I do believe that when interviewed about it while still with Ed, Jillian truly believed she would not have picked Reid it wasn't a possibility.  But on the bridge she looked confused and talking to CH she sounded confused.  Maybe she is a great actress, or maybe if asked now that might change.  When you love someone and are trying to make it work with them you don't usually say that someone else was a real contender.

My point of reference for this belief is actually Ali. When she was with Roberto, she said it was always going to be Roberto.  It didn't matter that Frank left.  Since the break-up she has acknowledge that it wasn't so surely Roberto and in fact she really liked Frank.  

I think everyone in a relationship will truly believe that they would have chosen the one they were with over someone else.  Afterwards without those strong feelings affecting us, we can see that maybe we weren't as sure as we thought we were.  

Either way, I don't like CH.  I have no problem with those who do, again to each their own.

I am enjoying Nikki and JPG and I am a huge Nikki fan.  I really admire her brains, her beauty and her desire to help children.  If JPG is lucky enough to have her and make her happy, then hey, I really like him too.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the reason for Jill's "confusion". I believe from watching and talking to her it was more shock and confusion why he was there after she had already sent him home than confusion of feelings between the two.

Trust me, I'm not a big fan of CH generally. But I see exactly where he's coming from with this comments and that he really didn't say anything wrong/mean. But again, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 87b72b10 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 86669110 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Amberish wrote:

I agree  I listened to the entire CH interview and have no problem with it. I thought he was reasonable and showed no particular animus to JPG. It was an interview not a monologue. He's only answering the questions they put to him. It makes total sense to me that the most recent season is more interesting than one we know nothing about yet.
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:23 am

I want to briefly chime in about Jilly and Reid. (My fantasy team couple LOL) Recently she posted on her blog about her relationship with Ed. I wish I could remember the date, but it was earlier this year. One of her comments was something to the effect of "everyone wanted her to choose Ed". Not sure who she's defining as everyone, but it makes me wonder. I agree that she is not a good enough actress to have pulled off the indecision I saw on her face, in her words that day she became engaged. She even said as she rode off into the sunset on his back, "He better not F this up". I think having this new guy who seems like a keeper has shown her what real love looks like and how a real good guy acts in a relationship.

Also, on a total gossip note, I was just at the hair salon and the Star Magazine has pictures of JPG out with some other girl on March 27 at a tennis match, reportedly being flirty.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:38 am

^I think we'll have to agree to disagree about that season. I think the two camps are still divided on what went down. But all parties and happily in relationships now. Well I know two are, not sure about Reid tbh.

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 87b72b10 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 86669110 Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion  - Page 6 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:06 am

It's quite obvious that TPTB/ABC want to continue the JPG bashing. You need only look at their ad mocking him. That leads to interviewers asking for the umpteenth time about "bad" Juan Pablo. CH is well aware of what's going on with JP and Nikki. His livelihood depends on him being the source for all things Bachelor. He chooses not to share news of their near constant togetherness & happiness because it doesn't suit his purposes. The only negative spin that can be placed on JPG is from incidents in the past. That's why they keep re-hashing the past. Simple, really.

CH's opinion of or statements about this lovely couple don't faze me in the least. They are living la vida dolce and are clearly happy!

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:17 am

pavalygurl wrote:I want to briefly chime in about Jilly and Reid.  (My fantasy team couple LOL)  Recently she posted on her blog about her relationship with Ed.  I wish I could remember the date, but it was earlier this year. One of her comments was something to the effect of "everyone wanted her to choose Ed".  Not sure who she's defining as everyone, but it makes me wonder.  I agree that she is not a good enough actress to have pulled off the indecision I saw on her face, in her words that day she became engaged.  She even said as she rode off into the sunset on his back, "He better not F this up".  I think having this new guy who seems like a keeper has shown her what real love looks like and how a real good guy acts in a relationship.

Also, on a total gossip note, I was just at the hair salon and the Star Magazine has pictures of JPG out with some other girl on March 27 at a tennis match, reportedly being flirty.

The bolded was said as she was going back to the final podium after dismissing Reid for the second time and I believe was a reference to the fact that Ed better propose...which he did. She can say what she wants now...as can Ali...but trying to rewrite what they did at the time doesn't change facts. One of her friends who did guest spots on the local Vancouver morning show while the show was airing stated that Ed was exactly her type. He may not have been the best for her, but he is who she wanted. Hind sight is everything. I think that more than a few of us looking back, knowing what we know now, might do things differently in our lives. Doesn't change what we wanted and did then, but, hopefully, we live and learn.

As for JPab, while I did enjoy some of his stick it to the producer antics as a viewer, I think much of what happened was his own fault. He seemed totally ignorant about the Bachelor and what it entailed and too lazy and cocky about his own superiority and importance to the franchise to educate himself about what was involved. To me, after all these seasons, and all the information out there about how the show works and manipulates it's cast, for him to not even bother watching the Bachelorette season he was just on...other than the miniscule bits that he was on...was inexcusable. He was a train wreck waiting to happen...and he did. Of course, the producers who cast him are also at fault, but they made lemonade out of the lemons he handed them and got their ratings so they could care less.

As for Nikki and JPab??? ... will they make it? It is still early days. I personally doubt it, but, if they do, good for them...revenge can be sweet.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabel123 Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I want to briefly chime in about Jilly and Reid.  (My fantasy team couple LOL)  Recently she posted on her blog about her relationship with Ed.  I wish I could remember the date, but it was earlier this year. One of her comments was something to the effect of "everyone wanted her to choose Ed".  Not sure who she's defining as everyone, but it makes me wonder.  I agree that she is not a good enough actress to have pulled off the indecision I saw on her face, in her words that day she became engaged.  She even said as she rode off into the sunset on his back, "He better not F this up".  I think having this new guy who seems like a keeper has shown her what real love looks like and how a real good guy acts in a relationship.

As for the bolded, the article is just a gossip. The woman is Lena Lowell and was watching the game with her father. They are friends of JPG and he posted a pic with them in his Instagram. Also, Nikki followed Lena in IG.
Isabel123
Isabel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 57 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 31 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Juan Pablo Galavis - Nikki Ferrell - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

+59
Acrunch
chinita
nikikass
eirekay
Rolly