SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SmallVictories - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 71 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Beach Lover Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:09 pm

sosleepy wrote:^^ I think there is the continued discussion about the Lowes because they just keep putting themselves out there time and again. DWTS, Marriage Boot Camp, Celebrity Wife Swap, nearly every chance they get they show up at a WTA/MTA or ATFR. If CH is there with a microphone, look around, cause the Lowes are probably lurking. The book deal (For the Right Reasons - how sanctimonious is that title, I mean really?) ... It just goes on and on. Plus, they are loud and opinionated about the show and other subsequent contestants on SM. Both seem to think their path was "the right" way, everyone else seems to fall short. At least that is my read on them. And this is why they open themselves up to further criticism.  They, more than any other couple from this show, have taken their relationship and turned it into a brand. Every other couple mostly lives their normal lives and retreats into some form of normalcy. There really isn't much to discuss about Ashley the dentist and JP the construction dude, Trista the SAHM with the firefighter hubby, Des and Chris who are super private, Jason and Molly who made a POINT to retreat after their season (with good reason). Every other success just handled post show differently. Also, no one is so loud and vocal and opinionated about subsequent leads like these two. Sure, some tweet and snark (not all; most actually rarely talk about the show), but when they do, they don't take themselves so seriously. Sean and Catherine do.

I agree

Those are all the things I don't like about them. It's too bad they have to ruin it for me by being that way because otherwise I could really enjoy following them on SM as a couple. They can be really funny, especially Sean, on Twitter.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

SmallVictories - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 71 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by landrje Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:53 pm

sosleepy wrote:^^ I think there is the continued discussion about the Lowes because they just keep putting themselves out there time and again. DWTS, Marriage Boot Camp, Celebrity Wife Swap, nearly every chance they get they show up at a WTA/MTA or ATFR. If CH is there with a microphone, look around, cause the Lowes are probably lurking. The book deal (For the Right Reasons - how sanctimonious is that title, I mean really?) ... It just goes on and on. Plus, they are loud and opinionated about the show and other subsequent contestants on SM. Both seem to think their path was "the right" way, everyone else seems to fall short. At least that is my read on them. And this is why they open themselves up to further criticism.  They, more than any other couple from this show, have taken their relationship and turned it into a brand. Every other couple mostly lives their normal lives and retreats into some form of normalcy. There really isn't much to discuss about Ashley the dentist and JP the construction dude, Trista the SAHM with the firefighter hubby, Des and Chris who are super private, Jason and Molly who made a POINT to retreat after their season (with good reason). Every other success just handled post show differently. Also, no one is so loud and vocal and opinionated about subsequent leads like these two. Sure, some tweet and snark (not all; most actually rarely talk about the show), but when they do, they don't take themselves so seriously. Sean and Catherine do.

IMO, I don't think they keep putting themselves out there time and again ... primarily because I don't know how to define the term "time and again;" and even if they have I don't really see anything harmful about it. Is there some kind of Reality TV guide that defines "time and again?" Is more than once the magic number (which I guess would mean virtually every single lead and F1 are guilty)? Three times? Thirteen?

IMO, I haven't seen them show up at nearly every WTA/MTA or ATFR and haven't noticed them lurking around whenever CH is there with a microphone

IMO, the title of Sean's book isn't sanctimonious

IMO, they're not overly loud and opinionated about the show and other contestants

IMO, they don't act like their path is the "right" way or accuse everyone else of falling short

IMO, they haven't turned their relationship into a brand any more than any other couple on the show ... guess I don't know how to measure the "more than" part cause it's kind of like being pregnant to me, either you are or you aren't

I'm sure there wasn't any intent to offend fans of other couples or compare SeanCat to the couples mentioned (I think that's against forum rules, and stand corrected if not), but people who follow Ashley the dentist and JP the construction dude probably think there's plenty to discuss about them, whether its doing a live sonogram on television or commenting on JP's snarky, funny (and intentionally sarcastic) tweets about the show; surely those who follow Trista and Ryan would disagree about not having enough to discuss about them, whether its Trista's book tours or Ryan's marathon racing or their appearance on another reality show; I'm sure the Des and Chris fans enjoy discussing Des' wedding dress line or her dance competition appearance or their playing together in a charity softball game (hey, with Sean and Catherine!); and surely fans of Molly and Jason enjoy discussing things like her product postings on her IG or their appearance together on another reality show (hmmm, sensing a trend here)

IMO, neither Sean nor Catherine take themselves very seriously on any SM that I'm aware of, certainly not any moreso than any other couple ... once again - hard to know how to measure

But I get it, everyone has their favorites, and I'm glad there are forums for everyone to feel like they can have a voice; purely in reference to their SM accounts, I'm just very thankful that those who dislike Sean and Catherine for whatever reason apparently represent, IMHO, a miniscule percentage of their SM followers, meaning the non-fans have (so far) had zero impact on SeanCat continuing to share with their devoted fans their life story ... so at the end of the day, while I admit I don't really keep close tabs on couples I dislike, certainly not closely enough to comment about my dislikes, I'll remain an unabashed and unapologetic fan of Sean and Catherine
landrje
landrje

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:14 pm

^^ I edited my previous post to add, IMO. Honestly, maybe I'm coming off harsher than I should. I'm glad Sean and Cat are a success for the show. I'm not a fan- but who cares what I think really? What should my opinion matter to SeanCat or their fans? I'm glad they offer something that many people enjoy. To each their own, right? Cheers!
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:34 pm

landrje wrote:

IMO, I don't think they keep putting themselves out there time and again ... primarily because I don't know how to define the term "time and again;" and even if they have I don't really see anything harmful about it. Is there some kind of Reality TV guide that defines "time and again?" Is more than once the magic number (which I guess would mean virtually every single lead and F1 are guilty)? Three times? Thirteen?

IMO, I haven't seen them show up at nearly every WTA/MTA or ATFR and haven't noticed them lurking around whenever CH is there with a microphone

IMO, they're not overly loud and opinionated about the show and other contestants

IMO, they don't act like their path is the "right" way or accuse everyone else of falling short

IMO, they haven't turned their relationship into a brand any more than any other couple on the show ... guess I don't know how to measure the "more than" part cause it's kind of like being pregnant to me, either you are or you aren't

I'm sure there wasn't any intent to offend fans of other couples or compare SeanCat to the couples mentioned (I think that's against forum rules, and stand corrected if not), but people who follow Ashley the dentist and JP the construction dude probably think there's plenty to discuss about them, whether its doing a live sonogram on television or commenting on JP's snarky, funny (and intentionally sarcastic) tweets about the show; surely those who follow Trista and Ryan would disagree about not having enough to discuss about them, whether its Trista's book tours or Ryan's marathon racing or their appearance on another reality show; I'm sure the Des and Chris fans enjoy discussing Des' wedding dress line or her dance competition appearance or their playing together in a charity softball game (hey, with Sean and Catherine!); and surely fans of Molly and Jason enjoy discussing things like her product postings on her IG or their appearance together on another reality show (hmmm, sensing a trend here)

IMO, neither Sean nor Catherine take themselves very seriously on any SM that I'm aware of, certainly not any moreso than any other couple ... once again - hard to know how to measure

But I get it, everyone has their favorites, and I'm glad there are forums for everyone to feel like they can have a voice; purely in reference to their SM accounts, I'm just very thankful that those who dislike Sean and Catherine for whatever reason apparently represent, IMHO, a miniscule percentage of their SM followers, meaning the non-fans have (so far) had zero impact on SeanCat continuing to share with their devoted fans their life story ... so at the end of the day, while I admit I don't really keep close tabs on couples I dislike, certainly not closely enough to comment about my dislikes, I'll remain an unabashed and unapologetic fan of Sean and Catherine

To be perfectly honest, I'm beginning to feel as though opinions in this thread are being judged and that we have to defend them.  Despite my negative feelings about the Lowes I'm a big fan of the franchise thus keep loose tabs on many of them, especially if there's lot of content on them.  I would never voice negativity publicly on social media but this little enclave feels like a private discussion.  In real life I have no friends who admit to watching, let alone following, this silly show so it's nice to have a place to exchange opinions about them and the other contestants.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:41 pm

The mods read this thread and the posts, as they do all the other posts in all the other threads. If something is out of order, it's dealt with, as always.
No one has to defend anything, at any time. IMO--state what you have to say and maybe say why. If you don't want to say why,  than don't.
 You don't have to keep stating it. 
And for those that disagree the same goes. 
We all have opinions. 
Sometimes people change their minds with new discussion. Sometimes they don't. 
If a thread is not to someone's liking, hopefully there are many others that are entertaining.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:49 pm

landrje wrote: ~snipped

"Time and again" is generally considered to mean more than twice and implies more than three times. Sean has appeared on the following:

The Bachelorette
The Bachelor
Dancing With the Stars
Sean & Catherine's Wedding
Ashley & JP's Wedding
Celebrity Family Feud
Celebrity Wife Swap
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire  
Marriage Boot Camp
Bachelor In Paradise
After Paradise
Bachelor at 20: Celebration of Love

Sean's made numerous appearances on Dish Nation, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Chelsea Lately, The View, The Chew, Good Day LA, etc.  I didn't bother to list the many other Bach Nation appearances. IMHO, this would certainly qualify as "time and again".

To be clear, I don't dislike SeanCat and won't apologize for posting factual information about them. I do indeed dislike hypocrisy, arrogance, condescension and intolerance which IMO SeanCat display.

As a bit of information to all - Sean is evidently filming / filmed "Bomb City" in which he plays Coach Fields, for release in 2017.  thumbsup

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by landrje Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:16 pm

FLChica wrote:"Time and again" is generally considered to mean more than twice and implies more than three times. Gotcha, I appreciate the clarity ... guess that means there are lots and lots and lots of Bachelor/Bachelorette alums who keep putting themselves out there "time and again" :Nod:

To be clear, I don't dislike SeanCat and won't apologize for posting factual information about them. I do indeed dislike hypocrisy, arrogance, condescension and intolerance which IMO SeanCat display. Eh, while I don't see it the same way I hope there'll be no problem with me agreeing to disagree on this statement Smiley

As a bit of information to all - Sean is evidently filming / filmed "Bomb City" in which he plays Coach Fields, for release in 2017.  thumbsup

raising a little bambino is expensive these days ... hope the part pays well peace
landrje
landrje

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:17 pm

FLChica wrote:
"Time and again" is generally considered to mean more than twice and implies more than three times. Sean has appeared on the following:

The Bachelorette
The Bachelor
Dancing With the Stars
Ashley & JP's Wedding
Celebrity Family Feud
Celebrity Wife Swap
Marriage Boot Camp
Bachelor In Paradise
After Paradise

Sean's made numerous appearances on Dish Nation, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Chelsea Lately, The View, The Chew, Good Day LA, etc.  I didn't bother to list the many other Bach Nation appearances. IMHO, this would certainly qualify as "time and again".

To be clear, I don't dislike SeanCat and won't apologize for posting factual information about them. I do indeed dislike hypocrisy, arrogance, condescension and intolerance which IMO SeanCat display.

I appreciate you compiling the list. I'd say SeanCat certainly qualify as showing up time and time again.
Most of what I know about SeanCat comes from here and there's plenty of info to snark on without having to follow them. I'm glad we have a place to snark since that is the premise of this board!
I follow various couples on social media, but once they start annoying me I stop. That happened quicker with SeanCat than any other Bachelor/Bachelorette.
How boring would it be if we all had the same opinion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:17 pm

FLChica wrote:

The Bachelorette
The Bachelor
Dancing With the Stars
Ashley & JP's Wedding
Celebrity Family Feud
Celebrity Wife Swap
Marriage Boot Camp
Bachelor In Paradise
After Paradise

They were also on a cupcake challenge show on TLC I think. I saw the commercial for it, didn't watch it though.

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Please leave the snark towards members out of this forum.

If you can't stand negative opinions of your favourite couples, then stay out of the General Discussion threads, it's that simple.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71487

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:30 pm

landrje wrote:
FLChica wrote:"Time and again" is generally considered to mean more than twice and implies more than three times. Gotcha, I appreciate the clarity ... guess that means there are lots and lots and lots of Bachelor/Bachelorette alums who keep putting themselves out there "time and again"  :Nod:

To be clear, I don't dislike SeanCat and won't apologize for posting factual information about them. I do indeed dislike hypocrisy, arrogance, condescension and intolerance which IMO SeanCat display. Eh, while I don't see it the same way I hope there'll be no problem with me agreeing to disagree on this statement  Smiley

raising a little bambino is expensive these days ... hope the part pays well  peace

Gee, if only he had a job or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:48 pm

landrje wrote:

Well said ! I honestly dislike a lot of formers too but I don't go back and forth to talk over and over coz at the end of the day nothing will ever change at all. So what's to give ? I don't consume myself or time laugh out loud . Maybe because I think that is how it is . I saw some formers I don't agree about what they do coz I am aware about what I am seeing through snapchat and I have some opinions laugh out loud but realized it's not my life . I don't view my fav perfect or living with their standard coz I know they aren't perfect. At the end of the day everyone has opinions and I am okay with that. Jmo .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie