SELECT CONTENT

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:56 pm

It's ok if you think they're horrendous or something laugh out loud, this isn't a fan thread. Personally, I'm happy to see her working and fulfilling a dream she's had for a long time. But I'm about ready for her to take a break and get married already. giggling

I don't think I've ever been to a wedding with a flower crown bride. I prefer a beautiful veil.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:12 pm

I wouldn't say they are horrendous, but they just don't look high-end or expensive to me. I also think they look overdone with some of the design elements. I am more of a simple design fan so these would just never be something I would wear. And I probably couldn't because I don't think they are suited for some body types including my own.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 87b72b10 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 86669110 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:45 pm

I don't think her line with Maggie was supposed to be high end. She's been describing in the media as an affordable option for brides who aren't able to go all out and spend lots of money. I'm curious how much they cost.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:46 pm

I don't like all of Des's designs, but some I think are beautiful. The open back is kind of her signature and looks great on her and is very hard for a woman with large natural breasts to wear.

I actually love a simple flower crown for a wedding instead of a veil, but the big ones are not cute. I have seen flower crowns at fun outdoor weddings. The first one I saw was at an outdoor wedding in June in Austin, TX. I think it was a much cooler, literally temperature wise, to the veil on your neck all night. My first wedding I had a long veil and midway through the reception ditched it as it was so hot, I felt like I was suffocating.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:49 pm

They do seem to favour certain body types, I would not look good in one either.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Haha, since it's been brought up, saying I'm not a fan of the flower crowns is an understatement. They are horrible. Lol

As far as the dresses go, they confuse me. Initially I was happy to see what appeared to be a more conservative and mature dress line with higher necks and longer sleeves etc...but then I saw the backs and those are definitely not conservative and mature. So I'm confused by them. Hopefully she will find a client for them somewhere. It is nice to see a lower price point though. Wedding dresses are so overpriced these days.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Samuel10Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Samuel10 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Family10Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Samuel15Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:51 pm

bleuberry wrote:I don't think her line with Maggie was supposed to be high end. She's been describing in the media as an affordable option for brides who aren't able to go all out and spend lots of money. I'm curious how much they cost.

A dress can be inexpensive but still look high-end. My old roommate got her dress for under $1000 but it looks like it costs at least 4 times that. It's all about fabric quality and choice. IMO, these look a little cheap and not something I'd want to wear.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 87b72b10 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 86669110 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Maggie Sottero is a mid-cost line so I guess Des' style would have to meld with that.  If I remember correctly you could get a gown in the 1-2K range with the majority in between that range. 
I liked the photo above.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:01 pm

umngirl wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I don't think her line with Maggie was supposed to be high end. She's been describing in the media as an affordable option for brides who aren't able to go all out and spend lots of money. I'm curious how much they cost.

A dress can be inexpensive but still look high-end. My old roommate got her dress for under $1000 but it looks like it costs at least 4 times that. It's all about fabric quality and choice. IMO, these look a little cheap and not something I'd want to wear.

Fair enough. It's hard to gauge quality in photos, but from what I've seen I think they're pretty. A few aren't my style though.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Des has said repeatedly that her theme was really ethereal and I see that in her dresses. They don't seem to be too expensive and they don't look it either. It seems like she was going for the soft look that really flows with movement. I think her dresses are pretty. I'm sick of the typical ball gowns and even though I've loved strapless forever and have always thought I would want that, I'm sick of that too.

In one of the latest pictures with Des in the middle of four models, I would gladly wear the dresses on either ends. On the one on the right, it's an open back, but not really considering there's a light fabric covering the back with really pretty details. I think they'd be perfect for a country wedding or even if the wedding is being held at a winery.

Of course there are some I don't like though, but that's with everything in regards to clothing.

I wouldn't do the flower crown, although that is very in right now. Ashley Tisdale looked beautiful with hers.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm happy for Des, she has quietly gone about her business, making her dreams as a designer come true. Some of them I like, some not as much. I love the open back dresses, if you can get away with it. I don't find them immature at all; I think that look is rather sophisticated and a little more conservative. I am sick of the trendy strapless, boob shelf dresses like Cat wore, and favor a more timeless dress like Ashley wore. I'm also not a fan of the key hole type dress that Des wore for (I think) her engagement party, but I'm old and a more conservative dresser. I think the flower crowns are appropriate if you're going for that boho style, but favor a traditional veil myself. Des will be a beautiful bride, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to seeing what she wears.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:08 am

Ashley's dress is my all time fave of them all! I look forward to seeing what Des wears too.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+73
Just Looking
SafronSahara
provenceguy
ddsmom17
Billysmom