SELECT CONTENT

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 pm

albean99 wrote:I'll take someone like Des who wears her heart on a sleeve and risks getting hurt over someone who's more controlled and comes across as unfeeling any day. I don't see Des as either classless or desperate in Sean's or her own season. She was one of my favorites that season and think it was really between her & Catherine for Sean even though she went out as f4. He did her a real favor by letting her go then even if she didn't know it at the time. I thought she was sweet in her season and very empathic which is what I'm always looking for in a lead. 

If the show doesn't want to do their wedding which is what it's looking like, it's their (& our) loss. Des & Chris have done everything right in their relationship and it's too bad they've been treated this way.

clapping!

I like Des and Chris as a couple. They are very low key and humble. Unfortunately, scintillating they are not and as a result, we had the edited mess that was her season. I will be the first to admit, I was sceptical they would last. I though she was trying to save face with accepting Chris' proposal but, even then I thought they were well matched. Today it is clear that they are happy and in love and continue to be true to themselves. I also feel bad that they are being treated this way. They promoted Des as a sort of modern day Cinderella, but are now apparently reneging on giving us the happily ever after. Not such a big deal for her since she will marry Chris regardless, but it would have been nice to see and it would have given her a bigger audience to promote her bridal products.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Maggenzm Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:46 pm

And since we are talking a lot about Chres, so I though a little insight of the AFRC interviews

Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Here is another one with Des feeling of Chris being too good to be true, and having fun keeping the ending a secret.

Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by jul2201 Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:14 pm

These two are just too cute for words. It would have been nice being able to see their wedding, but honestly; if they won't televise it, I would be kind of happy. What really matters, is that two people are making a life long commitment to each other. All the other things are just "stuff", and I am so glad that Des and Chris also seem to realize this. I think that is what makes me like them so much. They are just so genuine and real and understand that they got the greatest gift of them all; each other!!!

jul2201

Back to top Go down

Post by jul2201 Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:17 pm

And I am so sorry about my not-so-perfect-English. Obviously it is not my first language. Smiley

jul2201

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:20 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Moved from the Fan thread.

blessed66 wrote:I really think this has nothing to do with Sean and Catherine's wedding, JP and Ashely ratings were not great at all but that did not stop ABC from having Sean and Catherine's wedding.  I really thought Sean and Catherine's wedding was very beautiful and they both represented something that is not common in The Bachelor world and something that was talked about so much.  As for Des, why she is no so much loved is, she appeared really desperate to get married, start on Sean's season they way she cried after he sent her home and she did the same with Brooke's, cried for hour and then turned around and got engaged to Chris, most people see that as classless and desperate and just maybe that is why ABC find her boring.  This is just my opinion.

I wasn't a huge fan of Des on Sean's season. I didn't think she was desperate to be married, I just thought she was a wounded bird and therefore not a good match for Sean. He wanted someone stronger and more outgoing. Sean was going to milk the limelight for all it was worth, nothing wrong with that, but Des was never going to be good doing that. Cat and Sean are a great match and she compliments him fully and is really happy with the life they have.

Des needed a man to make her feel safe and loved. Again, there is nothing wrong with this. I wasn't on board with Des and Chris at first, since the turn around was so fast. But if you really watch her season, her body was so comfortable around Chris. It was like her subconscious was telling her, this one, this is the one. And unlike some other couples of the past where it seemed that one person was doing all the giving and the other all the taking (Ali and Roberto come to mind), these two really make each other better. Chris is that wonderful rock that Des needed, but she is the sweet and loving compliment that makes him happy. Much like Ashley and JP, I see them as two halves that came together and made a better whole.

ABC/TPTB may have decided not to air the wedding. As I said in the fan thread, this is fine by me. Since expect for the very brief part of the ceremony, I did not enjoy the SeanCat wedding. The before stuff or the fluff was painful to watch and truthfully, while media savvy Cat and Sean could pull that crap off, I don't see Chris and Des doing that very well. I still maintain, that the SeanCat wedding didn't do as well as the network expected. Yes, it out performed Ash and JP, but Sean was everywhere, he did DWTS, he and Cat were both huge on SM. Ashley and JP went back to their normal lives after her show, Sean and Cat were all about the franchise and their wedding until the wedding, so they were much more forward in people's minds. Ashley's wedding aired almost a year and a half after her finale, there had been a bachelor and another bachelorette since then. Sean and Cat were married less than a year after their finale ended. They were still fresh in everyone's mind and JPG had barely begun.

I don't blame SeanCat, but I don't think the wedding did as well as ABC or TPTB expected. That is not an insult to Sean or Cat. It is a statement on the show TPTB put together and the time slot that ABC chose to air it in. I think ABC and TPTB learned from that. I think they had been talking to Des and Chris about a December or January wedding up until the SeanCat wedding, then both TPTB and ABC started to re-evaluate. I truly believe any future weddings will be summer specials, so that low ratings won't be as disappointing. But for Des and Chris it meant getting left behind.

Personally, I am happy they get a wedding to do their way, as I don't think that any TPTB wedding since the Trista wedding has been completely the couples' way, but that most are happy to go along for the money.

The money would have been great, but now Des and Chris get to do it their way. As long as I get to hear or read Chris's vows, I will be happy with pics.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:32 pm

jul2201 wrote:These two are just too cute for words. It would have been nice being able to see their wedding, but honestly; if they won't televise it, I would be kind of happy. What really matters, is that two people are making a life long commitment to each other. All the other things are just "stuff", and I am so glad that Des and Chris also seem to realize this. I think that is what makes me like them so much. They are just so genuine and real and understand that they got the greatest gift of them all; each other!!!

Really good post!...and your English is great. I would have never known it isn't your first language.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:27 pm

I must say I was a bit sceptical of Chris and Des too while watching the finale, because I think she really did fall for Brooks and seemed genuinely heartbroken over him. But I also thought that letting Chris go would be totally insane of her, because he was clearly willing to love her unconditionally and they seemed so comfortable around each other. Yes, ideally you'd get over a heartbreak before getting serious with someone else, but this isn't a typical scenario. She was already in that perfect relationship while getting her heartbroken by someone she thought was even more perfect, but obviously wasn't. Why end a great relationship because of someone who wasn't an option anymore? That would be terribly foolish and I commed her for waking up in time and realising what she had! I think after letting Drew go, she went on the date with Chris feeling quite hopeless, but instead of things turning awkward like with Drew, he was there for her and making her feel good again. You could see the wheels turning in her head, when she realised it doesn't get any better than Chris and that she needs to stop going after guys who don't love her. I still don't think she was truly in love with Chris yet while accepting the proposal, but I think she knew she would be and she was determined to make things work. At least she was honest with Chris and told him she loved Brooks before he proposed. I did think it would be better if they just continued dating instead of getting engaged, but it worked out either way so I guess it doesn't matter. She already seemed to be all about Chris by ATFR and I think they did everything right by moving in together and so on. I'm happy for them! I'd much rather see their wedding than Andi and Josh's.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 pm

A lot of good points, stuckinsc

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:47 pm

albean99 wrote:I'll take someone like Des who wears her heart on a sleeve and risks getting hurt over someone who's more controlled and comes across as unfeeling any day. I don't see Des as either classless or desperate in Sean's or her own season. She was one of my favorites that season and think it was really between her & Catherine for Sean even though she went out as f4. He did her a real favor by letting her go then even if she didn't know it at the time. I thought she was sweet in her season and very empathic which is what I'm always looking for in a lead. 

If the show doesn't want to do their wedding which is what it's looking like, it's their (& our) loss. Des & Chris have done everything right in their relationship and it's too bad they've been treated this way.

Agree completely. I'll take someone like Des who goes all in and gives it her all. I wasn't on board with the quick turn around from Brooks to Chris, but Chris is clearly the best match for her. I love their humbleness and how they have just gotten on with real life, away from the limelight. It really is a shame if their wedding is not televised. I bet it will be low-key and unassuming, and only about their love for each other. I don't get the "my couple is better than yours" type of thing. A wedding resulting from this franchise should be celebrated whether on TV or not. IMO
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:36 am

Mustang19 wrote:

Agree completely. I'll take someone like Des who goes all in and gives it her all. I wasn't on board with the quick turn around from Brooks to Chris, but Chris is clearly the best match for her. I love their humbleness and how they have just gotten on with real life, away from the limelight. It really is a shame if their wedding is not televised. I bet it will be low-key and unassuming, and only about their love for each other. I don't get the "my couple is better than yours" type of thing. A wedding resulting from this franchise should be celebrated whether on TV or not. IMO

Yay, the " my couple is better than your couple" is really immature IMO,
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:42 am

^I don't think calling other posters immature is a wise thing to do IMO.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 5 87b72b10 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 5 86669110 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion  - Page 5 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+73
Just Looking
SafronSahara
provenceguy
ddsmom17
Billysmom