SELECT CONTENT

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Page 28 of 53 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:00 am

I'm sorry, I don't have any updates at all. Please continue using View New Posts at the top right hand side of any page. This seems to keep you in the forum.

If you do get kicked out and back to the page with the message, you can click that link to take you back to the forum. It's safe. If there were issues such as hacking or virus's then all the forumotion sites would have the same problem since they run on all the same servers.

I will report back as soon as I know.

Thanks for your patience.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 28 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by albean99 Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:05 am

nutty1 wrote:This link works, I saved it in my favorites bar....

That's what I did also and haven't been kicked out once, Nutty. I changed my links which were to the .net address and changed to this one. So far so good.

Btw, the correct link isn't always there. When I tried to get in on my iPad Mini it didn't have it so I had to type it in. That's another reason why it's good to bookmark it.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15259

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:00 am

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:10 am

We are all fixed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the proper link.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks everyone for hanging in there.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:29 am

GA, I sent you a message as mine is a little more than just that fix. Hope you can help.

AL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:01 am

Just wondering....

At the end of each thread we have a link to the next thread. Is it possible to also put a link at the beginning of each thread for the previous thread?

Just wondering.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:38 am

Sprite wrote:Just wondering....

At the end of each thread we have a link to the next thread. Is it possible to also put a link at the beginning of each thread for the previous thread?

Just wondering.
yes I second this and would love it.
It would help so much to have "Continued here from Previous thread" (link) posted with the first post in the new thread because then we can see where the previous discussions without having to try search for them.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:53 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
Sprite wrote:Just wondering....

Just wondering.
yes I second this and would love it.
It would help so much to have "Continued here from Previous thread" (link) posted with the first post in the new thread because then we can see where the previous discussions without having to try search for them.

Exactly. I was looking for something earlier and it had already been archived and then I had to search where it was and it took a few tries. So much easier if it was just on the first page of the current thread.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:25 am

^ same here! I was doing the exact same thing and had the exact same thought and when I saw you had posted it I was so excited because I realized I am not the only one!  giggling yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Sorry, I'm totally lost. Can someone take a screen shot please.

When you use View New Posts, all the threads come up that have new posts since "You were last in them" You choose the little tiny square orange box and it takes you to the last post that you read the last time you were in that thread. You shouldn't have to search for the last discussion.

ETA: there was a lot of time spend in archives and filing them according to seasons, with sub categories, example "contestants" "Social Media". Any suggestions are welcomed.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Sorry, I'm totally lost. Can someone take a screen shot please.

When you use View New Posts, all the threads come up that have new posts since "You were last in them" You choose the little tiny square orange box and it takes you to the last post that you read the last time you were in that thread. You shouldn't have to search for the last discussion.

ETA: there was a lot of time spend in archives and filing them according to seasons, with sub categories, example "contestants" "Social Media". Any suggestions are welcomed.

When we finish a thread and you post a link in red to the new thread at the end of the page. Shortly after you archive the old one. You usually take the last few posts and quote them at the top of the new thread. I don't know if you could also add a link to the old thread that was just finished on top of that first page. That way we wouldn't need to go looking for it in the archives.

I had tried to find Caila's first thread and had to go to the archives to find Ben's thread, but he had two. So I had to go into each before I found what I wanted. I hope this makes sense. It has nothing to do with view new posts since I am actually looking for old posts.

Last edited by Sprite on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:19 pm

That makes total sense now, it didn't this morning after driving through a mess and just starting an XL coffee.

Good idea, I will do that from now on.

BTW Ben's category won't be like that all the time. That's a temporary thing. I had a locked topic right in his current category and was going to put all the locked threads as they become full so they are right there until the end of the season. However, it gets confusing when we need to lock and unlock threads on epi nights. I'm still playing with that idea.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 53 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

+71
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
provenceguy
carto
samc