SELECT CONTENT

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Page 50 of 53 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 50 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It literally wouldn't let me log in. Normally I have the site saved and I am automatically logged in as Sprite without having to do anything, but every once in a while, it makes me put in my user name and password. When I did, it would deny me access. I could look at the site, but not logged in as myself...just as an anonymous visitor....so I couldn't post or edit or obviously do anything as a mod.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 50 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I really don't think it's this forum. Did you add any type of virus protection? Maybe the site is blocking you?

I would log out, not close the browsers, use the "log out" in Chrome. Delete all cookies cache and browsing history, all three of those. Then do the same for Edge.

Then try to log in. If you log in one browser, the other still has the old settings so you have to wipe out the history on both browsers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71354

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:12 am

I had to log into the forum twice today which is unusual , usually I get right in as my user name and password are automatically logged in (very seldom do I have to log back in. I also had an issue twice today when I signed into the forum it wouldn't let me in and said "oops an internet error had occurred yet there was no problem with my internet here and it was only happening when I tried getting into the forum. I assumed maybe the mods were working on the site (as I've expierenced before) so both times I waited a while and was able to sign in. I don't know if anyone else had this problem today or if the mods actually had the site down for a bit but all seems to be fine now.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4289

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...I just wanted to let you know that I received your message, unfortunately I am having my own issues. I have to log in each time and have no ability to quote, PM, edit or basically anything. I couldn't even return your message.

Check out the instructions that GuardianAngel posted above your post here. Try those and see if they will work for you. They didn't for me. It is something to do with my computer because I have no trouble accessing the site from my phone or my work computer.

I am basically useless as a mod at the moment. Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe one of the other mods my have some other suggestions.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:39 am

Sprite wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...I just wanted to let you know that I received your message, unfortunately I am having my own issues. I have to log in each time and have no ability to quote, PM, edit or basically anything. I couldn't even return your message.

Check out the instructions that GuardianAngel posted above your post here. Try those and see if they will work for you. They didn't for me. It is something to do with my computer because I have no trouble accessing the site from my phone or my work computer.

I am basically useless as a mod at the moment. Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe one of the other mods my have some other suggestions.

Thank you. I think GA is away this week, who are the other mods that would be available this week?
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we are around but I don’t know any more hints or tips than what GA has posted above. I have to sign in randomly sometimes as well. Sorry can’t help more.

Team Sluething [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Having to re-log in is so random for me. Can't figure out why it happens - fortunately I have username and password save so it's only a couple seconds. Originally, I thought it was once a month and said "OK - seems reasonable" but lately it is more frequent and more random. GA is the administrator and would have to check with Forumotion regarding frequency of requiring a log-in.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5290

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:09 am

If you have any sort of automatic updates, such as Window's updates, that often times wipes out your auto log in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is your home computer Windows? If so what version? I can walk you through a "system restore". I've done that many times over the years because a Window's update used to mess up my whole desktop. You can restore your computer to how it was at an earlier date. If you know roughly when the problems started you can set the date say two weeks ago, or whatever you like.

I will check with support to see if they have other's having log in problems.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:12 am

Welcome@ back "GuardianAngel"! Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Now that you mention it, it was after a Windows update that my issues started. It's been driving me nuts. I am on Windows 10.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:20 am

Vacation was a dream. Beautiful weather. And now I freeze for the next 5 months. I'll post pics in the holiday thread tomorrow.

Yes Window's updates always mess me up. I took the auto updates off and do them myself so I have more control.

Right click start button, - search - type system restore - it should be the first one to come up. "Create a restore point" - first box, system restore.

Go back prior to Nov 17th because that's when you started posting here about the problem.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:26 am

I never log off of here unless I know I won't be online the next day or a few days. Sometimes it will log me off but it has my screen name and password saved.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11960

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:39 am

@GA Glad you had a nice vacation. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am using windows 10 as well and I'll bet the update caused my problem with getting logged out as well. Even before when I had to occasionally put in my password it at least always had my username automatically logged in no I have to put in both everytime I enter the site and I have it checked " keep me signed in", Ill have to see if I can do the steps that GA says for future updates but now I have to try and figure out how to stay logged in as it was before. Thanks to all who are giving advice and sharing your issues as well.
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 53 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

+71
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
provenceguy
carto
samc